The Gaming Thread

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#8351  Edited By Static Shock

It's a casual FPS, homie. It's fun for the kind of game that it is, but it doesn't hold a candle hardcore shooters today. I did notice that there were some things about the older Battlefront games that they left out, like different classes, the ability to use vehicles/aircraft more freely, and better flight controls. But, even when the series had those things, it was still pretty casual, nonetheless. Most of all, the series never had weapon customization. The power-ups do seem a little.... kiddish, though. LOL. Why is health regen a problem? Most, of not all shooting games have that. Even the hardcore ones.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

@static_shock: I know but it just doesn't feel like Battlefront. He doesn't have to have everything Battlefront had but I wish it could have improved in some ways like adding weapon customization. It would make loadouts FAR more interesting. You could have an Imperial blster that shoots faster, doesn't heat up as fast but does less damage, have different scopes, etc. I prefer the health system from the other games because you needed a medpac or a medbot. If you blow up the medbot and there are no medics around, you're screwed. Leads to more careful gameplay rather than "IMMA SHOOT ERBODY BRAH!!" *Rambo's entire team*. I really just wanted an improved Battlefront but this seems like a regression but it will still sell well enough.

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthaznable: Why would the new Battlefront feel like the old one? Are they made by the same devs? I could have sworn ot was a different team *shrugs*.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthaznable: Why would the new Battlefront feel like the old one? Are they made by the same devs? I could have sworn ot was a different team *shrugs*.

So because it's made by different devs, it has to be different? It's fine being different, it's just different in a way I dislike. Fuck me right?

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The fact that it's different could be a good thing for people new to the series. However, it could alienate long-time fans of the series at the same time.

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8356  Edited By thedailybagel  Moderator

@sxe619: the tie breaker for me is always how many people you can play with on each console (for example if you have a bunch of friends on ps4 who play quite regularly, but not many in xbox one go for the playstation) and which exclusives you prefer. they're the two biggest differences in my opinion.

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@immortal777 said:

So because it's made by different devs, it has to be different? It's fine being different, it's just different in a way I dislike. Fuck me right?

You can't expect an entirely different team to make a game exactly like another team.

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@immortal777 said:

The fact that it's different could be a good thing for people new to the series. However, it could alienate long-time fans of the series at the same time.

Sucks for long time fans but that's how the cookie crumbles.

Did you by chance get Witcher 3 expansion? I decided to wait to get it(haven't finished game + yet) and buy Tales of Zestiria instead and play Halo 5, Chrono Trigger(3ds) and The legend of legacy(3ds).

Avatar image for theamazingspidey
TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

MGSV: a flawed masterpiece. The best way to put it.

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I had forgotten Dragon's Dogma would be coming to PC early next year, hopefully this means a sequel is an idea in someone head.

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mentions on here of Battlefront but not of MGO? This is getting disgusting.

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well considering it doesn't come out until next year for PC, there isn't much for me to say and even when it does release I'll forget about it with all the games releasing at that time. I wish I could throw in my 3 fiddy ( you get a nod if you notice reference).

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@immortal777 said:
@theamazingspidey said:

Well considering it doesn't come out until next year for PC, there isn't much for me to say and even when it does release I'll forget about it with all the games releasing at that time. I wish I could throw in my 3 fiddy ( you get a nod if you notice reference).

Please tell me WHOOO on here has played the game. I'm BURNING up with the thought that I'm the only one.

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm dissapointed. Hideo Kojima wanted this song to be the opening to MGSV and Konami did not allow him. Stop. Restricting. Creative. Vision. It would've given us a much better ending for MGS4 too.

Loading Video...

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@immortal777 said:
@theamazingspidey said:

Please tell me WHOOO on here has played the game. I'm BURNING up with the thought that I'm the only one.

I have no idea who's played it haven't really been on the vine in a couple months. I will say I think you're the only one who is vocal that has played it, so you don't have anyone to discuss it with on the vine.

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theamazingspidey said:
@immortal777 said:
@theamazingspidey said:

I have no idea who's played it haven't really been on the vine in a couple months. I will say I think you're the only one who is vocal that has played it, so you don't have anyone to discuss it with on the vine.

I'm going to cry in a corner because of that.

Also, I wanted to share a post about Battlefront III and MG on IGN:

Look what MGS5 did with its AAA budget and 3 year development cycle.

*60+ hour single player campaign, can easily reach over 100 hours for full completion.

*2 massive, intricately detailed open-world maps.

*Fully customizable weapons, vehicles, and gear. Can choose colors, attachments, weapon hardpoints, etc.

*Day and night cycle.

*Real time weather.

*Single player multiplayer mode where people infiltrate each other's bases.

*A full base management system where everything is customizable.

*Dedicated squad-based multiplayer mode with 3 game modes, 3 customizable classes, 2 heroes, and 5 maps w/ both day and night versions.

*Glitches to a minimum.

lol MGS5's multiplayer, developed as an afterthought to supplement the main game, has more content than Battlefront III, which also had a AAA budget and 3 year development cycle. What the hell where they doing?

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@immortal777 said:
@theamazingspidey said:
@immortal777 said:
@theamazingspidey said:

*60+ hour single player campaign, can easily reach over 100 hours for full completion.

*Fully customizable weapons, vehicles, and gear. Can choose colors, attachments, weapon hardpoints, etc.

*Day and night cycle.

*Real time weather.

*Dedicated squad-based multiplayer mode with 3 game modes, 3 customizable classes, 2 heroes, and 5 maps w/ both day and night versions.

*Glitches to a minimum.

lol MGS5's multiplayer, developed as an afterthought to supplement the main game, has more content than Battlefront III, which also had a AAA budget and 3 year development cycle. What the hell where they doing?

Yea but MGS V doesn't have the beautiful sounds of Battlefront.

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still pissed XCOM 2 was pushed back.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8369  Edited By DarthAznable

@immortal777: Nope. I expected a better game than Battlefront 2. In its current state, it isnt.

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theamazingspidey said:
@immortal777 said:
@theamazingspidey said:
@immortal777 said:
@theamazingspidey said:

*Day and night cycle.

*Real time weather.

*Glitches to a minimum.

Yea but MGS V doesn't have the beautiful sounds of Battlefront.

Battlefront does have beautiful sounds.

Reno117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm preoccupied at playing Assassin's Creed Unity till Halo 5 comes out!

Just_Banter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So I just went and got every achievement on Skyrim, could say i'm a tad excited for Fallout 4 and TES6 when it comes out in like 20 years.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Did you by chance get Witcher 3 expansion? I decided to wait to get it(haven't finished game + yet) and buy Tales of Zestiria instead and play Halo 5, Chrono Trigger(3ds) and The legend of legacy(3ds).

You're right about that.

I don't have the expansion yet, but I have already purchased this expansion pass for both of them. I don't think it comes out for consoles until the 13th.

Puck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I been playing Diablo 3 and am not much of a gamer....

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@immortal777: Nope. I expected a better game than Battlefront 2. In its current state, it isnt.

Well if Battlefront 2 is so much better, I'm sure you can find a ton of people to play it with if Battlefront isn't the game for you.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@immortal777: I'm sure I will given there are still servers. As always, fun chatting with you m8.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#8377 JediXMan  Moderator

I played Dark Souls 3. Not bad, but nothing jumped out at me.

It seems like a combination of Bloodborne and Dark Souls 1. You can charge your heavy attacks like in Bloodborne. But it feels more like Dark Soul's speed.

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman said:

It seems like a combination of Bloodborne and Dark Souls 1. You can charge your heavy attacks like in Bloodborne. But it feels more like Dark Soul's speed.

How the flip did you play a game that's coming out on March next year?

EDIT: Never mind. Googled it up. Might give it a go myself :)

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8379 JediXMan  Moderator

@jedixman said:

NYCC, same with Mirror's Edge Catalyst.

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@immortal777: I'm sure I will given there are still servers. As always, fun chatting with you m8.

Yea the servers are still up I believe, you as well.

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman said:

Damn you.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8382 JediXMan  Moderator
@jedixman said:

Damn you.

And Mirror's Edge Catalyst :)

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman said:
@immortal777 said:
@jedixman said:

Damn you.

And Mirror's Edge Catalyst :)

To hell.

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman said:
@theamazingspidey said:
@jedixman said:

NYCC, same with Mirror's Edge Catalyst.

Wait, I read that the Dark Souls III beta is up on PSN.

@immortal777:

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theamazingspidey: I just looked, the beta registration is open tomorrow hopefully I get in and thanks for saying something I wouldn't have thought to enter.

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theamazingspidey: I just looked, the beta registration is open tomorrow hopefully I get in and thanks for saying something I wouldn't have thought to enter.

You're welcome.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@jedixman said:

How would you rank it compared to the prior installments in the franchise?

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman said:

It would probably appeal to me more than Bloodborne. I thought about getting the latter, but after Dark Souls 3 was announced, I figured that it would be pointless to get Bloodborne at this point.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8389 JediXMan  Moderator
@jedixman said:

It would probably appeal to me more than Bloodborne. I thought about getting the latter, but after Dark Souls 3 was announced, I figured that it would be pointless to get Bloodborne at this point.

Bloodborne has an amazing soundtrack - possibly the best soundtrack in the series - and an overall better design than Dark Souls 2. It has great boss designs, too.

I'd recommend it.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8390 JediXMan  Moderator
@jedixman said:

How would you rank it compared to the prior installments in the franchise?

DS3? Way too early to tell.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74
deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My must have games before the end of the year are MGSV and Fallout 4.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8393 JediXMan  Moderator

I played it when it came out and I thought it was phenomenal. I'm just not a fan of the old eldritch, gothic feel to Bloodborne. But, now that I think about it, I may get Bloodborne later down the road.

I'm occasionally a fan of eldritch themes; depends on how it's done, and I think it was done rather well. I, personally, like a Gothic aesthetic, but that's me.

At this point, I'd wait and see if they release a GotY or similar edition next year with new DLC. They've done that for DS and DS2 in the past.

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8394 thedailybagel  Moderator

@theamazingspidey: a few days late but I think plenty of people on here have played mgs 5 (including myself), but not too many are vocal about it.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RetconCrisis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

I agree, although you have to admit there is a nostalgia factor to it. It seems the reason why they decided to call it Battlefront was to (1) get a ton of followers from day 1 due to a large cult following and (2) have an excuse to make a Battlefield-esque Star Wars shooter that can make a lot of money as a Star Wars VII movie tie-in. They're also rushing it out before December so that it can come out before the movie.

True, it feels like you're actually in a movie, what with the amazing graphical effects with the lasers and explosions and all of the movie sound. I was totally in awe when I first booted it up at a booth and even after that with the beta. But... that's the problem; at its state now, it is lacking in the gameplay department. The starfighter combat is pretty terrible even after I first tried it out about a year ago and a lot of people complained, yet they didn't change it - had they made it like Battlefield 3 and 4's flight mode then it would be great. Also, in the menu there was no Conquest... the one thing that Battlefront blatantly took from the Battlefield franchise wasn't put into the reboot made by the creators of Battlefield? :/

All in all it's really fun, but it got old for me after a few hours. There isn't much to do and there's not enough variety like the class system like in, say, Battlefront 2 or Battlefield 4 to warrant replay value. If they had classes it would have given it much more replay value.

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman said:
@static_shock said:

I played it when it came out and I thought it was phenomenal. I'm just not a fan of the old eldritch, gothic feel to Bloodborne. But, now that I think about it, I may get Bloodborne later down the road.

I'm occasionally a fan of eldritch themes; depends on how it's done, and I think it was done rather well. I, personally, like a Gothic aesthetic, but that's me.

At this point, I'd wait and see if they release a GotY or similar edition next year with new DLC. They've done that for DS and DS2 in the past.

There is a Bloodborne GOTY edition.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8398  Edited By DarthAznable

*Fallout 4 hype intensifies*

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theamazingspidey: a few days late but I think plenty of people on here have played mgs 5 (including myself), but not too many are vocal about it.

This niche is... disturbing.

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Does this count as a steam account exchange thread?