The Gaming Thread

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@vandersexxx: Why not just hunt for food until you get swallow which auto refills when you meditate.

VanderSEXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vandersexxx: Why not just hunt for food until you get swallow which auto refills when you meditate.

LOL! i didn't know about that since I skipped much fo the tutorials and I thought you don't heal when meditating on the hardest difficulty.

makhai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Anyone play Diablo 3? I just got back into it because summer classes are much easier than during the school year and it is a ghost town in the public games.

It's too bad, I think the game is fun and now that they got rid of the auction house, casual players like myself actually stand a chance at having fun rather than just chasing teammates as they plow through enemies or simply dying because of team abandonment lol.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@makhai: Eh, I always thought it was more fun to play Diablo alone.

Darling_Luna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Still waiting for Scalebound

Marshall_Long

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can`t wait for the following!!!!

• Kingdom Hearts 3
  • Batman Arkham Knight
  • Uncharted 4
  • God of War 4
  • Halo 5: Guardians
  • Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
  • Mighty No. 9
  • Final Fantasy XV
  • Devil May Cry 4: Special Edition

Pretty much this.

makhai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sprior93 said:

@makhai: Eh, I always thought it was more fun to play Diablo alone.

I like to do that as well. But going in the higher torment modes requires a helping hand and those hired goons from town are completely useless no matter how you gear them lol.

Avatar image for beaconofstrength
BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can't wait for MGSV:PP and DMC4:SE. Everything else looks bad or I have no interest in. Disappointing.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

@immortal777: I let the beard grow back too. I couldn't figure out how to tell him that I didn't want to get rid of it. I was able to tell them That I wouldn't bow to the emperor dude, which was cool.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also, this may as well be a shot in the dark but, does anyone know how to kill the werewolf? It's part of the "wild at heart" side mission and I can't kill it, I get it down and then it heals completely.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7311  Edited By Static Shock

@dagmar_merrill said:

Also, this may as well be a shot in the dark but, does anyone know how to kill the werewolf? It's part of the "wild at heart" side mission and I can't kill it, I get it down and then it heals completely.

Take out the wolves first, then focus on the werewolf. Use the Quen sign (the protective shield). Throw it back on every time it breaks to mitigate damage. Since the werewolf heals rapidly, you have to keep attacking it. There's no room for passive play, or else you'll be fighting for a very long time. Also, make sure you have Swallow potions and food (more importantly, water and raw meat) available to regenerate health. If you have a weapon that deals poison damage over time (like the Viper Silver Sword), you should be fine, but you have to play aggressively with it for poison to afflict the werewolf.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dagmar_merrill: You're welcome. I ran into the same problem, and noticed that after I knocked his health down to 33%, he started to heal rapidly. Then, I remembered my silver sword was poisonous. I changed tactics after that.

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dagmar_merrill: If you don't have the poison silver sword you can use igni and quen as a combo or yarden and quen or yarden and igni it depends on what you have leveled and your play style. If you have upgraded bolts that is an even easier way to beat it. Igni works well on anything with fur.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7315  Edited By Static Shock

I think Alghouls are harder to fight than Werewolves.

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@static_shock: there are 2 types of werewolves so the second kind my be harder than the first. I haven't even fought a berserker yet and that things the cones send after you was annoying.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@immortal777: Let's not forget those Foglets, too. Harpies are more ferocious this time around, also.

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@static_shock: I can't wait for high vampire. The monsters look amazing and they're challenging. Am I the only who noticed the werewolf in wild heart had force pull and ridiculous reach?

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@immortal777: I don't know about force pull, but the reach is noted.

BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jesus Christ, The Witcher 3 is getting torn apart due to that graphics downgrade. I'm kind of glad.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dagmar_merrill: Yeah, almost every person I've talked to have talked how they're pissed about the graphical downgrade; the game play trailer they promised blew the actual games graphics out of the water.

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@static_shock: Pull must be a bug I experienced. For the Foglet I had a new silver sword made just to kill it.

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@immortal777: I know, but breaking promises is breaking promises. I'm glad they're getting ripped into. Especially due to how large the downgrade was.

Mike_Fowler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beaconofstrength: There have been downgrades this whole generation. When will all of you learn to wait for finished products that way you aren't bothered by changes made over the course of development.

Marshall_Long

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dbzk1999: it hasn't been announced, but you never know.

BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@immortal777: So you're saying we should all just accept and expect downgrades? Yeah, no. I'd rather not just be fed lies and false promises and be OK with it.

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beaconofstrength: No, you shold wait for finished products. That has nothing to do with accepting anything. You set yourself up for disappointment.

BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@immortal777: So you're saying we shouldn't have expectations promised by the developers? False advertizing is not OK. I don't set myself up, they set me up by lying.

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beaconofstrength: You're the fool if you actually take any of their promises seriously, why on earth would you just believe a company? I will continue to say this, wait for a finished product that's what over 20 years of gaming has taught me.

BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@immortal777: Except you're saying we should just deal with it. Again, false advertizing and downgrading isn't OK; It shouldn't be something we should not just deal with and accept. I personally never trust a company, but just because I wait until the finished product, doesn't change the fact that it's an issue. I'm just glad CD Projekt is getting flack for pulling this.

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beaconofstrength: Different views we get anywhere. Ill leave it at this don't buy their products if you feel they lied to you, return it, sell it, call the company and ask for your money back instead. Don't continue to play the game, if you're so upset prove it by actually doing something And make the company accountable.

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7335  Edited By Emperorb777

First encounter I had with Elves in Witcher 3 I ended up turning them into ground meat with a bomb. I find it weird I haven't seen many elves when I know there around one of the guards mentioned them.

Just ran into a lvl 24 Griffin in the middle of nowhere and got destroyed lmao.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7336  Edited By Static Shock

@beaconofstrength said:

@immortal777: I know, but breaking promises is breaking promises. I'm glad they're getting ripped into. Especially due to how large the downgrade was.

CDPR is releasing a patch for graphical improvements next week on the PC. They are also doing the same for the console versions later on. Everything will be alright.

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7337  Edited By Emperorb777

Killed my first Vampire.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@immortal777: Ran into a high-leveled (red skull) Endrega Warrior and got owned. That thing tail whips now, and has loads of attacks it didn't have in the last game.

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@static_shock: I think the one that killed u is the one I ran from lol I saw the skull and said nope. I also found a kinky murder site lol the stuff you see in this game.

One thing that's annoying is the chest armor doesn't look as cool as dlc armor so I never upgrade smh.

makhai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@immortal777: Ran into a high-leveled (red skull) Endrega Warrior and got owned. That thing tail whips now, and has loads of attacks it didn't have in the last game.

Did someone say Tail Whip?

No Caption Provided

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7341  Edited By Emperorb777

Wtf I just pulled a switch that turned off the world's light even Geralt asked what does this mean.

A shape shifter this game keeps surprising me.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@static_shock: I still couldn't beat the werewolf so I moved on and did the keira Metz mission (I forget the name). But we went into a cave and looked the elf dude. Nithral was actual really easy if you used the shield and jumped around a lot.

So, after I beat him and got the illusion thing I went and explored the big room and found a a room that had a silver sword that did about three times the damage and then crushed the werewolf.

So thanks again man, because with the new sword it was no problem.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

Here is my own personal Whitcher's Code that I'm roleplaying in WItcher 3:

1. Never Do Anything For Free

Doesn't matter what it is or who it's for everything must be a fair exchange. If the employer refuses to pay take what you are owed and if you can't then take your price in blood.

2. Never Back Out Of A Contract

Whether the contract is written or verbal it should always be completed. Doesn't matter if you get a counter offer for more money or if the contractor turns out to be an asshole and you are actually doing bad things the contract needs to be completed.

3. Always Pay Your Debts

Any assistance provided for free needs to be repaid.

4. Always Remain Neutral

Never take sides in political conflicts unless it provides assistance in a contract and even then make sure your position is known from the start. Once the contract is fufilled cut all contact.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7344  Edited By Static Shock

@dagmar_merrill: You're welcome, homie.

@makhai: LOL.

@immortal777 said:

@static_shock: I think the one that killed u is the one I ran from lol I saw the skull and said nope. I also found a kinky murder site lol the stuff you see in this game.

One thing that's annoying is the chest armor doesn't look as cool as dlc armor so I never upgrade smh.

I'm probably going to try to kill the thing when I get a chance. I downloaded the DLC armor, but I don't know how to get it.

4. Always Remain Neutral

Never take sides in political conflicts unless it provides assistance in a contract and even then make sure your position is known from the start. Once the contract is fufilled cut all contact.

LOL.

The previous two games prevent neutrality. You're gonna have to choose a side, regardless. I don't know if Witcher 3 is the same, but then again, why would it be different?

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@static_shock: You get it in the very first town you visit in the game, from the guy you save from the Griffin, he's by the fast travel post.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

@static_shock: not fully, you can still do it under your own interests

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@static_shock: You get it in the very first town you visit in the game, from the guy you save from the Griffin, he's by the fast travel post.

Alright. I'll head there now.

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7348  Edited By Emperorb777

@immortal777 said:

Alright. I'll head there now.

The armor/horse armor was pretty pricey but worth it as starter armor, you can wear it to almost lvl 12.

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just beat lvl 24 Golem for big reward.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7350  Edited By Static Shock

Ran into Letho of Gulet yesterday. Although I elected to kill him in Witcher 2, I told that Nilfgaardian that I didn't kill him. Anyway, his questline is pretty interesting.

I also killed a cockatrice (it probably killed me 20 times or so, before I finally killed it), but since half of Crow's Perch is blocked by a gate, I can't get to the notice board to fulfill the contract. Maybe later.

I tried to fight a Lvl 20 Chort. Emphasis on tried. Gonna have to level up and come back.