The Gaming Thread

Cave_Duck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@theamazingspidey:

I just thought I'd jump in the middle here.

How great is Black Flag?!? I have to say the hardest part was deciding whether I'd be exploring the townships or being a pirate.

I've just started getting into the AC: Pirates tablet app, and the small snippets of sea shanties are making edge towards the game cabinet to replay Black Flag...

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dajhonmccloud: Not interested. Well, I'm kind of interested. I just don't have the cash right now.

Avatar image for theamazingspidey
TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@MonsterStomp @TheAmazingSpidey

Assassin creed rogue tmrw?

I'll be buying both Rogue and Unity tomorrow night, so yeah.

- TAS

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cave_duck:

Black Flag is brilliant - favorite AC game. Naval can be a pain if you don't upgrade the ship, though - LOL.

- TAS

Avatar image for deactivated-63665f9fbd262
deactivated-63665f9fbd262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone else excited? :D

No Caption Provided

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So about the poop that is AC Unity LOL

Avatar image for deactivated-6314d3d11bddb
deactivated-6314d3d11bddb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ac unity parkour is reficulously unreal nut AWESOME

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5958  Edited By Emperorb777

I like some of the improvements in ACU like the combat, gear and parkour(when those things actually work) the game has problems that need to be addressed but so fqar the game isn't bad for an Ass Creed game.

Cave_Duck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The thing that bothers me with the AC franchise is that every game that is released has the same niggling problems with things like the free-running not working smoothly, or having to stand on the exactly right pixel to open a chest.

They spend so much time raving on about all the additional features they've added, or storylines they've gone on about. When they seem to be ignoring the simple problems in exactly the same spot in each iteration.

Fix the little problems THEN add extra stuff.

(ok, rant over)

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5960  Edited By DarthAznable

@cave_duck: The new one doesn't do much to push the franchise forward. In fact it's a step backwards. Minor parkour upgrades, slightly better graphics than Black Flag (at least on PC), co-op, more customization. The glitches that plague the game are horrendous and the optimization on PC is some of the worst this year. They toted about how massive the crowds are win the don't even matter. The excessive amount of crowds serve no purpose other than to try to make the game look better. All the crowds end up doing is causing even more performance issues. The storyline isn't even shaping up to be that good.

Did I mention the glitches?

No Caption Provided

At least Black Flag tried ]to mess around with the formula, Unity did the opposite.

Rogue might be better but I haven't look up much on it.

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And there it is Ass Creed's world famous immersion breaking modern story, one minute I'm looking at a horse and carts the next I'm looking at f*cking trains.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I haven't played Unity yet, but its a disappointment to hear all these negative comments about gameplay.

Cave_Duck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5963  Edited By Cave_Duck

@darthaznable:

That's it exactly! They're always focusing on stupid things like crowd size and facial animations in cut scenes, when if they fixed the existing problems more people would play it.

It's just lazy franchise-milking.

Bah.

I'm looking forward to getting Far Cry 4 next week, that should be awesome.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monsterstomp: It's not horrible. It's just a step back IMO. The only redeeming qualities are customization, graphics/animation, and nice chemistry between Arno and Elise. If you absolutely love AC then you will probably get past all the problems.

@cave_duck I didn't like Far Cry 3 and this looks to be more of a 3.5 than a full fledged sequel. I might wait for it to go on sale.

Cave_Duck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthaznable:

To each their own, I'll admit the story of Far Cry 3 was terrible, and the main character was a complete tool. But the open world was really enjoyable- luring a tiger to ambush an enemy patrol was great fun.

That aspect looks to be enlarged in the next one, and you can run over people while riding an Elephant!

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5966  Edited By DarthAznable

@cave_duck: Oh I agree on all accounts. It's just outside of hunting and outpost clearing (which has been done to death now) There didn't seem like a whole lot to do. Maybe I just lack the imagination. I'm used to open worlds like GTA and Elder Scrolls that have a huge variety of side quests and activities. Far Cry felt a bit shallow and tbh was very easy in comparison to FC 2.

Avatar image for deactivated-6314d3d11bddb
deactivated-6314d3d11bddb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ac unity gives off a splintercell effect. The last seen position from Splintercell conviction and blacklist parkour like splintercell blacklist but unity is more flexible, When i crouch i become Sam fisher as much as i can. Ac unity is just making me look forward to a next gen splintercell, which is going to be Stellar Gauranteed.

Cave_Duck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthaznable:

Yeah, I only initially mentioned it because its out next week. I'm getting the 360 version of Shadows of Mordor soon too, which from what I hear is a great open world game.

I keep trying to stay away from Elder Scrolls games when there's something new out- I always find myself sucked into them for ages at a time...

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cave_duck: Man I'm pretty sure I had over 300 hours in Oblivion back on the 360. Mordor is definitely worth a purchase. One of the best games released this year. If you like Arkham/ LOTR you'll love it.

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monsterstomp:@dajhonmccloud:

Completed Unity a number of minutes ago - one of the worst entries in the saga, and a huge disappointment - like another user mentioned, it isn't what I'd like to call a bad game, but it was indeed a step-backward. It's dull, it's frustrating, it's repetitive and wants to mess around with you from every single angle. Hardly enjoyed this game. I liked Rogue more.

- TAS

Avatar image for knightsofdarkness2
Knightsofdarkness2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

The negatives of AC unity makes me really disappointed considering I was looking forward for the game, but I will still hopefully get it when I get a PS4/Xbox One.

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fromm the 6 hours I've played of Dragon Age inquisition it's my game of the year and I'm glad Witcher 3 was delayed. I've done 2 story missions and spent the rest of my time doing side quests you do one side quest and 3 more pop up that I just have to do lol. DA is a buy if you love long a** rpgs.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

I'm getting more and more excited!!!

Loading Video...

Avatar image for earthsmightiest
EarthsMightiest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

Me too!, it will be waiting in my mailbox after work! T-minus 7 hours to go.

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 13

Loading Video...

Heck Yeah dude.

I'm getting my copy today hopefully.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#5978  Edited By Samimista

So Thursday we're getting another Type-0 stream with Tabata. He mentioned there will be a surprise so maybe he'll show more FF XV as well? Least I hope. I like how open he is with the fans.

Edit: Nevermind.

LASTLY! I know everyone’s crazy excited about FINAL FANTASY XV, but because the amount of time we can keep Tabata-san away from working on games is limited, we’ll be focusing only on FINAL FANTASY TYPE-0 HD this time around.

Still gonna watch. I hope we'll see Type-0's world map in HD.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So Thursday we're getting another Type-0 stream with Tabata. He mentioned there will be a surprise so maybe he'll show more FF XV as well? Least I hope. I like how open he is with the fans.

Damnit I just want these games already :(

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5980  Edited By Samimista

@samimista said:

It sucks with waiting. :( I actually have been playing Type-0 on PSP because I got impatient lol. Still gonna buy the HD version, but I'm hoping we won't have as many long loading times as the PSP version has. That's the one thing I dislike so far with Type-0.

As for XV, we are supposed to see it at Jump Fiesta which should be December 20th/21st? I hope we'll get a clarification about the Stella/Luna situation. It's really confusing. =/

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous said:

@samimista said:

It sucks with waiting. :( I actually have been playing Type-0 on PSP because I got impatient lol. Still gonna buy the HD version, but I'm hoping we won't have as many long loading times as the PSP version has. That's the one thing I dislike so far with Type-0.

As for XV, we are supposed to see it at Jump Fiesta which should be December 20th/21st? I hope we'll get a clarification about the Stella/Luna situation. It's really confusing. =/

What do you think of the rest of the game?

ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ostyo: I did say I have no idea but who knows what would be the final idea and what do you mean I'm better then that?

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shadowswordmaster: You can create a more unique character then the generic protagonist place holder they used in the trailers.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: Maybe I will go Quanari maybe but that sounds pretty cool.

@ostyo: I see.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shadowswordmaster: I've stayed away from most previews so I'm interested to see how much depth the magic system has also I always go the "Orc-like" races in fantasy games.

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5994  Edited By Dragonborn_CT

Loading Video...

Yo son! Nice to see you more excited for it :D

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous said:

Loading Video...

Yo son! Nice to see you more excited for it :D

The closer it comes the more excited I'm getting lol

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5996  Edited By Samimista

@jonny_anonymous: Type-0? Pretty good so far! Am finishing up Unity before getting back into it, but I'm liking how there's fourteen main characters. Reminds me of VI with that aspect. Tbh, I kinda prefer playing as the male characters so far. Ace and Nine are both my favorites. Female-wise, I like Ren and Seven...Have a girl crush on the latter. xD

There's a lot of cute moogles dressed up in the academy! You can even ride on chocobos as well.

Not sure how far I am, but I believe still early on. One thing I am curious about is who's voice acting Ace for the HD version? I wanna say Vincent Martella who voice acted Hope from XIII Saga, but am not sure. Sounds a lot like him at least. 0.o

Are you gonna get HD version? We should play if so!

EDIT: And I imagine XV's battle system will reminisce Type-0's.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@samimista: Yep I'm defo going to be getting it. It's been faaaaaar too long since I played a good FF game.

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@samimista: Yep I'm defo going to be getting it. It's been faaaaaar too long since I played a good FF game.

You should be in for a surprise. :) So far I'm very pleased. Is kinda like FF VIII meets Harry Potter.

I'm hoping with Type-0 and XV, it marks a new era for Final Fantasy.

Wasn't really keen on the XIII Saga. =/

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous said:

You should be in for a surprise. :) So far I'm very pleased. Is kinda like FF VIII meets Harry Potter.

I'm hoping with Type-0 and XV, it marks a new era for Final Fantasy.

Wasn't really keen on the XIII Saga. =/

Harry Potter X Final Fantasy? I can dig that lol

Agreed, It's really dropped in the last few years so hopefully it can get back on track.

Yeah I was reeeeally excited for XIII when it first came out but then I played it and I was really disappointed and never even finished it.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6000  Edited By DarthAznable

So Ghost inthe Shell is getting a PC game. Looks tight and my fanboyism makes it hard to not flip out. Looks to be a mix of Crysis, TF2, and League. *foams at the mouth*

Loading Video...