The Gaming Thread

Avatar image for consolemaster001
consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

Thinking of getting Persona 4 Gold for the PSVITA. Would you recommend it ?

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

@immortal777: O_____O

Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan, that's a lot of games! =O I wish you were my older brother. XD Least I think you're older than me.

I think Assassin's Creed Unity, Rogue, and The Crew are supposed to release on the same day now? I'm wondering if The Crew and Far Cry 4 will get delayed until early 2015. Lots of Ubisoft games in a short period.

So wish I had an Xbox One for Halo. That's one series I miss playing. v___v I personally loved the character development in 4 and how Chief was given a lot of dialogue. Reminds me of the comics. Do wonder if we'll see Kelly in Halo 5?

Ah, I will add you on later! ^__^ Am Desmeress. :D

Do you play any Infamous? I bought First Light last night. Am maybe an hour in but really is fun with the challenges so far. XD Gonna try beating it this weekend. I heard the main story is short.

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thinking of getting Persona 4 Gold for the PSVITA. Would you recommend it ?

I haven't played Gold, but heard it has more features? I'd go for it honestly it's a good deal.

I personally loved Persona 3 Portable with how it had the option of playing as a female protagonist for the love interests. XD

Do you like Persona? =O

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@samimista: Yea, it is quite a lit of games and like I said it's just the ones I can remember. I play a lot of games since video games are my oldest and main hobby so I play as many as I can. Playing a video game is in fact my oldest memory lol. 24 years old so yea I think I might be older than you lol.

Yea Ubisoft does have quite a few games coming out all of them except The Crew I intend on playing.

I never actually played Halo 4 for some reason but I'll definitely play it in the Master Chief Collection.

I've played only Infamous 1 and 2 but I didn't really like them all that much to be honest not my kind of game I suppose.

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nintendo will be 125 years old come next month.

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theacidskull: that game man... I played through a lot of season 1 but ultimately I decided to watch a playthrough of the whole thing (pewdiepies one).

That last scene with so and so (I can't post a spoiler block on my iPad) was so freaking intense and Pewdiepie chose to shoot so and so, not gonna lie I had to hold back tears. It was so freaking emotional, now I can't wait for season 3.

WarBlade539

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There's only one game I'll need next year....Evolve.

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@samimista: Yea, it is quite a lit of games and like I said it's just the ones I can remember. I play a lot of games since video games are my oldest and main hobby so I play as many as I can. Playing a video game is in fact my oldest memory lol. 24 years old so yea I think I might be older than you lol.

Yea Ubisoft does have quite a few games coming out all of them except The Crew I intend on playing.

I never actually played Halo 4 for some reason but I'll definitely play it in the Master Chief Collection.

I've played only Infamous 1 and 2 but I didn't really like them all that much to be honest not my kind of game I suppose.

Ooh. I'm only 18. My older brother who's 25 got me into gaming when I was like three years old. Been a gaming addict since! XD Though I envy your gaming collection lol. Maybe my raccoons will come over to play. >____>

I actually never played The Crew honestly! =O It is a new IP?

Aw. ^___^ I personally loved 4. It focused a lot more on the romance too. :D

Hehe, the main character looks kinda average. XD So I've never played 1 and 2 because of him.

Sorta bias with Delsin. >__>

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And Persona 5, what's everybody's thoughts on it?

magnablue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Loading Video...

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

While I do quite enjoy GTA V, I felt like the story was less engaging than the two previous games. Its lacking conflict due to not having an proper compelling antagonist like Officer Tenpenny and Dimitri Rascalov. Steve Haynes and Devin Weston are the closest things the game has to main villains, yet they come accross as slimeballs for most of the time, and only become proper threats until much later, when the game is already ending.

Avatar image for knightsofdarkness2
Knightsofdarkness2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I lost my Shadowmere in Skyrim. Don't know where to find him. :(

My stray dog in skyrim has died. RIP *wipes tear*

Avatar image for knightsofdarkness2
Knightsofdarkness2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hylian: Saw that vid weeks ago. It was a pretty cool vid. Game Theory rocks!

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dragonborn_ct: I actually didn't like how GTAV ended it just felt rushed especially the good ending with how the bad guys just die without climax.

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dragonborn_ct: I actually didn't like how GTAV ended it just felt rushed especially the good ending with how the bad guys just die without climax.

Yep, I really, really hated that. Still I think it was a much better alternative than the other "bad" endings, where they all still live and their plotlines are still left hanging.

Avatar image for consolemaster001
consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

@samimista: I am so very sorry for the late reply.

No i don't like Persona. In fact i think this will be my first JRPG ever.(yeah, sue me)

I'm only planning on getting because it was recommended by the BlackBusterCritic (he's a cool guy/youtuber who makes videos about gaming and other fun stuff).

So yeah :p

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Turns out Dead Rising 3 is one of the most demanding games up there with Crysis 3. It's no wonder the Xbox One had to run it at 720p 30fps.

TheSheepHerder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Turtlenecks, glasses, strange incidents, affairs, tax evasion (based on the advertisements) and Tokyo.

Basically everything you've ever wanted out of a Persona game.

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5370  Edited By Emperorb777

Batman Arkham Knight releases Jun 2 2015 5 days before my bday what a gift that will be.

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@samimista: I am so very sorry for the late reply.

No i don't like Persona. In fact i think this will be my first JRPG ever.(yeah, sue me)

I'm only planning on getting because it was recommended by the BlackBusterCritic (he's a cool guy/youtuber who makes videos about gaming and other fun stuff).

So yeah :p

No worries! ^__^

Well, I'd start out with Gold! I think there's even a Very Easy mode which is good if you're just interested in the storyline?

The series is very fun. 3's my favorite personally but 4 is such a blast too. Kanji-kun is my husbando. <3

@samimista said:

Turtlenecks, glasses, strange incidents, affairs, tax evasion (based on the advertisements) and Tokyo.

Basically everything you've ever wanted out of a Persona game.

You're back!!!! <3 *hugs* You better be staying. >___> I miss rogue_mar1e. v___v

Hehe. The main protagonist reminds me of Naoto with a mixture of Harry Potter. XD

Loading Video...

Batman Arkham Knight releases Jun 2 2015 5 days before my bday what a gift that will be.

Birthday?

*ears twitch*

Did I hear Birthday? O__O

Can make you a thread when the date gets closer if you'd like? =O

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@samimista: Go ahead and make me a thread it would be most appreciated lol.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Assassin's Creed Unity just keeps looking better.

TheSheepHerder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@samimista: Hehe long time no see Sammy. :) And hah yeah he sort of looks like Shirogane and Harry. Pretty much your classic Shigenori Soejima character haha.

Also I think you'd like this breakdown of the trailer. :D

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thesheepherder: :D You gonna be sticking around longer or just popping in? ^__^

Oh wow! I didn't even see this. To be honest, I'm looking forward to Persona 5. Liking how social media seems to be one of its issues? I just hope we'll see more at TGS! Kinda wanna see who the waifus will be. XD

@samimista: Go ahead and make me a thread it would be most appreciated lol.

^___^ I will make you one when your Birthday gets closer! :D You're one of my favorites on here. ^__^

By the way, did you see the sneak peek of Phantom Pain for TGS?

Loading Video...

Have noticed the graphics have improved.

Getting an Infamous vibe with this scene. xD

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sigh, I know it's so bad, but I really hope FF XV will appear at TGS. I miss seeing my beloved Noctis. =(

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damnit...will there ever be a Fallout 4!?

Oh well, Tales of Borderlands could be interesting.

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@samimista: Yea, I saw the teaser, the only thing I wan to see at TGS about MGS V is the release date. I hope to see Kingdom Hearts 3, FF XV and D4( creator made one of my favorite games last year Deadly Premonition) at TGS.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#5379 JediXMan  Moderator

Been playing Dark Souls on PC.

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman said:

How is it btw? I heard its un-f**kin-playable.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#5381 JediXMan  Moderator

@jedixman said:

How is it btw? I heard its un-f**kin-playable.

Took awhile. Dealing with Windows Live sucks, and the mouse/keyboard is the worst setup I have ever seen on a PC game. That said, after I was able to deal with Live and buy a 360 controller for my PC, it runs well. Frame rate is the same as the PS3 version (I want to upgrade my PC so it surpasses my PS4, though; it's been a few years since my last upgrade), and there are still some players online.

From what I understand, DS2 does a better job with the PC version. I'll get that DS2 for PC eventually - probably when they make a bundle that includes all of the DLCs.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just saw a smidge of a fight scene between Shay and Achilles or Connor in an Assassin's Creed Rogue Gameplay Trailer.

I'm slightly interested.

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just saw a smidge of a fight scene between Shay and Achilles or Connor in an Assassin's Creed Rogue Gameplay Trailer.

I'm slightly interested.

When I first read this I thought it said a midget fight between Shay, Achilles or Conner.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DraciosV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5385  Edited By DraciosV
No Caption Provided

Opinions? I want to hear everyone's before I state mine.

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@draciosv: I've always been quite fond of the campaign gameplay in the other games. I think, in terms of first-person shooters and aside from all the Halo/Mass Effect sci-fi shooters, CoD pulls off some pretty sweet stories. Advanced Warfare looks pretty good even though the company has a reputation of milking the franchise. However, Battlefield Hardline looks a ton better. Still gotta get a next gen console, but goddamn it, I can create a pull list!

RIKR2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5388  Edited By RIKR2
magnablue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

TheSheepHerder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@samimista: I'm just popping in and checking how stuff is going around these parts. :D

I'm looking forward to it as well! More than anything I'm curious if they'll retain the gameplay from the previous games or go with something different.

Haha and yes I wonder who the love interests are as well x)

@draciosv: Call of Duty has worn me out (The last one I played was Modern Warfare 3 I was pretty burnt on the series afterwards) but from what I've seen of Advanced Warfare I do like that they're willing to try something a bit new. I do hope for more open-ended battlefields though that might be a stretch given the series' history in large, scripted set pieces haha.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

Avatar image for theamazingspidey
TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone looking forward to MGSV: The Phantom Pain?

- TAS

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5395  Edited By thedailybagel

Anyone been playing destiny? I'm level 18 and I'm itching for a shot at one of those raids, the story's lackluster but there are a few conspiracy theories about it (interesting ones as well).

Also, I'm practically dying whilst waiting for halo, like, I passed out 5 times today.

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theamazingspidey: I was... Then I played ground zeroes... It was okay, but I got bored really quickly. Honestly the main appeal to me is building mother base and training your troops and all that, I'm a tyrannical sort of guy and I love having big bases and personal armies. Not to mention I love blowing up other peoples big bases and personal armies.

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wasteland 2(PC) and D4(Xbox One) released on the same day!!!

It's going to be one hell of a long weekend for me.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@immortal777: Did you see the new MGS V gameplay? =O Is cool how you can take Quiet to fight with you!

Got a Naked Snake feel with Boss' outfit.

You enjoying TGS? :)

@jonny_anonymous: <3 I cried a bit at the end.

It's nice knowing FF XV isn't vaporware after all.

Not sure if you heard, but Nomura isn't directing XV anymore. Not really concerned about XV honestly since it's so far in development, but I have a feeling KH III may be his last hurrah...Hoping I'm wrong on that.

Really like how the trailer looks, but I don't like Stella's redesign. =/ Looks too waifu-like imo. Her original design was the best. Looked more strong and mature. I assume the girl shown in the trailer was Stella, but beforehand a girl named Luna was mentioned. 0.o No idea if Stella was renamed or if she has a sister or what. Kinda hope Enix releases a statement on Luna considering how it's confusing.

Overall though, it seems Enix is serious about going back on top. Heard today even Type-0 will have dual audio. May see if I can just import the Japanese version since I have no idea if March 20th is a worldwide release or Japan only.

Was gonna get Type-0 anyways, but now I'll probably be playing the FF XV demo more than it LOL.

Will probably review XV's demo on here but unsure about Type-0...I'll also be reviewing Phantom Pain as well.

What are your thoughts about the trailer?

@thesheepherder: Gotta say, I hope it'll still be turn based. That's an absolute blast.

Hoping we'll see more at TGS. I can't remember TGS being this fun in the past few years. xD MGS V and FF XV.

Anyone looking forward to MGSV: The Phantom Pain?

- TAS

For sure! Really loving Quiet's powers. She seems really cool. xD

I'm hoping it'll be out sometime in March 2015, but guess we'll see?

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@samimista:

Oh, yeah - looking forward to Quiet - she's a great blend of awesome and sexy - according to Kojima - however you play the game, you may or may not meet Quiet. Ah... the earlier TPP's released - the better.

This game will break new ground - I swear. MGSV will be today's innovation.

- TAS