Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#352  Edited By buttersdaman000

I was hoping they would skip the robb/wolf scene....man I hate the freys! I'm just glad most of them will end up slaughtered. Hopefully, by the end of the series, they will be the subject of their very own 'reigns of castamere'

Jezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#353  Edited By Jezer

I feel like Daenyrs has to lose momentum sometime. The author is all about depicting a non-traditional black and white, good versus evil, story. So far, he's depicted Daenyrs in an unrealistic way, with an unrealistic winning streak. Basically, with no prior experience, she magically had ridiculous leadership skills, confidence. She has looks, dragons, and the ability to stop assassins just by having a hole between her legs?

I actually root for her. But seriously, the author needs to throw her some bad luck. One of her dragons needs to be killed.

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I was hoping they would skip the robb/wolf scene....man I hate the freys! I'm just glad most of them will end up slaughtered. Hopefully, by the end of the series, they will be the subject of their very own 'reigns of castamere'

I cheered when Arya killed those Frey soldiers... Specially when I heard they were the ones that personally profaned Robb's corpse. She has a long way to work up until Walder Frey and Roose Bolton.

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

If you have an hour and a half to kill........

Loading Video...
Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pfcoolio14: I apologize for the late reply but I would like to point out one thing: even if Robb went through the marriage with Roslin, the alliance with the Freys would have been a terrible deal anyways, because Walder Frey isn't know as "The Late Walder Frey" for nothing. Even Robb pointed out that if he ever had to need the Frey's help in battle, they would come eventually... Only a bit too late. Other than holding a vital part between the North and the Riverlands, the Freys wouldn't have been of much to help the Northerns anyway. That maybe doesn't justify Robb breaking the deal, but that doesn't help the argument either that he should have gone through it.

Pfcoolio14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dragonborn_ct:

But it still would have prevented him from getting killed. And either way he still made the deal. And as honorable as the Starks are, he should have gone along with his first obligation.

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pfcoolio14: Eh, being the weasels they are, the Freys would likely sell the Starks out to the Lannisters even if they done their deal. Honestly, they are as unreliable as you can expect.

Pfcoolio14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#359  Edited By Pfcoolio14

I doubt it, I still think the deal breaking had a big part to do with that. Aren't the Freys the kind to go with the side they think is winning. They saw that Robb was gaining a following and winning the war as well as advancing, so I don't think they would have naturally betrayed them.

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They would have been as reliable as the Arryn were during the War of the Five Kings, obviously...

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#361  Edited By AweSam

@dragonborn_ct: Robb's defeat was inevitable. He should've just traded Jaime for Sansa and a ton of cash, then head back to Winterfell. Letting go of Theon was a huge mistake.

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@awesam: I know, I know. He never a strategic genius to begin with. He helped ensure his defeat when he sent Theon back to the Iron Islands.

_Grifter_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#363  Edited By _Grifter_

When it came to the battles Rob was strategic. it's the politics and trusting the wrong people that got him killed.

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@grift3r said:

When it came to the battles Rob was strategic, it's the politics and trusting the wrong people that got him killed.

Like father, like son.

Actually Robb was a tactician, though not much of a strategist since he didn't have long term goals like Tywin. Robb won every battle in the war while Tywin made several alliances and deals that ultimately ensured his victory in the war.

_Grifter_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dragonborn_ct: Tywin Lannister...I really, really want to despise him. Then he opens his mouth and explains his actions and you can't help but find his logic sound.

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#366  Edited By Dragonborn_CT

@grift3r: Well, one could find enough reason to like for being arguably the only person in the Seven Kingdoms that Joffrey is afraid of pissing off, and you could argue that what he did was for the good of the realm. But then I recall what he did to Tyrion's wife when was younger and I am reminded he still is a motherf*cker.

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Even though I found the finale underwhelming, I really loved this part.

Loading Video...

Gotta love their top comment.

season 2: f*ck the ironborns, f*ck the greyjoys... kill them all bastard of the dreadfort

season 3: f*ck the boltons, f*ck the freys... kill them all yara... greyjoys rules

_Grifter_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dragonborn_ct: I wouldn't say he does anything for the realm. It's all about the Lannister name with him. That's the one thing about him I can't stand, the way he treats Tyrion. The only affection Tyrion really got growing up was from Jaime and his uncles.

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Loading Video...

Packers QB Aaron Rodgers, a huge Game of Thrones fans, discussing the last two episodes of Season 3.

I got a kick out of it.

Avatar image for stmichalofwilson
StMichalofWilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 107

No Caption Provided

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

CharlieJade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@judasnixon said:

Man.... Is anyone else a little worried about George R. R. Martin might die before he finishing his series? I mean he isn't the healthiest person on the planet...... He look like he could use a salad.

No Caption Provided

Robert Jordan all over again.

exactly

No Caption Provided

@dragonborn_ct: I think Lord Walder Frey is going to be the new King Joffrey...... Nasty mother F-er with all his gross ass kids, all seventy something of them.....

horrible character

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

Got into Game of Thrones 2 Months ago. AMAZING!!! It's my favorite show of all time TIED with BREAKING BAD. HODOR!

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

@judasnixon: Yea i just saw the new one. love those vidoes. and Cb19 is also into COMICS!!!!!

StMichalofWilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well... The side was most rooting for in the war is now gone and all for I care, Westeros can rot now that the Lannisters won. I am only watching the show for two reasons now; for Daenerys get her army across Essos and wreck the sh*t out of that hellhole and see the Lannisters and all their bootlicking scumbags (the Freys and Boltons) getting f*cked.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

Well... The side was most rooting for in the war is now gone and all for I care, Westeros can rot now that the Lannisters won. I am only watching the show for two reasons now; for Daenerys get her army across Essos and wreck the sh*t out of that hellhole and see the Lannisters and all their bootlicking scumbags (the Freys and Boltons) getting f*cked.

I can sense your going to be disappointed

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dragonborn_ct said:

I can sense your going to be disappointed

That is always a possibility... Well, you can always root for the immortal, evil ice demons from beyond the Wall to cover the entire world in eternal winter.

... Unless if Tywin Lannister manage to beat them too, because that would have been f*cking ridiculous...

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dragonborn_ct: Tywin's going to solo the entire army. I'm stuck between Stannis and the Lannisters.

Death to the Starks and death to the Targaryans!

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@awesam said:

@dragonborn_ct: Tywin's going to solo the entire army. I'm stuck between Stannis and the Lannisters.

Death to the Starks and death to the Targaryans!

Stannis is a bull-headed asshole and the Lannisters are even worse than the White Walkers -_-

The North Remembers. Vengeance and Justice. Fire and Blood.

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dragonborn_ct: Hey, the Lannister's are doing well for a bunch of blonde inbreds. What has the north done aside from die, burn, and get taken over by Theon?

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@awesam said:

@dragonborn_ct: Hey, the Lannister's are doing well for a bunch of blonde inbreds. What has the north done aside from die, burn, and get taken over by Theon?

I know they made delicious pies...

If you know what I mean...

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dragonborn_ct: Honestly, I can't tell if you're talking about the Lannisters, or the north.

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@awesam: I was referring to the North. House Manderly makes delicious pies... In time you will see ;)

StMichalofWilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Found this on the Youtube. Couldn't resist...

Loading Video...

_Grifter_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@grift3r said:
Loading Video...

So this guy is Oberyn Martell? Meh... I was so hoping for Oded Fehr to get the part but that is just dreaming high :\

I hope he is being cast for his fighting skill, and they make a good job in his duel with the Mountain.

_Grifter_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#388  Edited By _Grifter_

@dragonborn_ct: I'm gonna go out on a limb and trust whoever casts for GoT. For the most part I've not had a problem with any of the actors they've casted. (With the exception of Asha Greyjoy.) That being said he's not who I pictured for the Red Viper.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oberyn isnt that important but he is a badass character

OptimusPalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope they bring back Conan Stevens for the Gregor Vs Red Viper fight

KingOfAsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Need to read the next two books before season four...

KingOfAsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stmichalofwilson said:

Found this on the Youtube. Couldn't resist...

Loading Video...

I just checked out that same guys channel, and found this...

Loading Video...

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000: Walter Frey puts up with Harry potter and his friends crp for years. He literally cleaned up after them, they make his life hell and they don't even apologise and all he does is look at them funny. Rob doesn't marry one of his daughters and rob says sorry and bends over back words to make it up to Walter and what does he do he kills the nice dude. Walter Frey has major problems.

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He is too busy making the worst decision of his life, playing a Orc character in the Hobbit, in a role he will likely not be remembered like he was as Gregor Clegane.

KingOfAsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dragonborn_ct said:

In one hand, I sorta should give props to George for having the balls to kill one of the main characters of the story... But in the other hand, he wrote himself into a corner with the Red Wedding. This guy illustrate all my feelings here.

Well you said this over a month ago, but... I don't think you've read the books, have you? Let me just say that he is far from the corner...

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dragonborn_ct said:

In one hand, I sorta should give props to George for having the balls to kill one of the main characters of the story... But in the other hand, he wrote himself into a corner with the Red Wedding. This guy illustrate all my feelings here.

Well you said this over a month ago, but... I don't think you've read the books, have you? Let me just say that he is far from the corner...

You are correct, I never read the books. But I look what happens on the Internet, specifically a A Wiki of Ice and Fire, even with the spoilers. Like I previously said to our fellow Viner danhimself, from what I read about A Feast of Crows and A Dance With Dragons, they aren't as good as the first three books for a couple of reasons; one is that the plot moves very slowly and very little is accomplished while many popular characters are absent in AFOC in particular being replaced with rather dull secondary characters whose story arcs don't go anywhere. ADWD seems better by a small margin because they bring these particular favorite characters back, though the storyline is left in a open-ended way. Though I didn't read the books, these reasons alone make me want to keep my money and watch the show instead.

OptimusPalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@optimuspalm said:

He is too busy making the worst decision of his life, playing a Orc character in the Hobbit, in a role he will likely not be remembered like he was as Gregor Clegane.

He could be getting more money though, he was credited in the first film (even though he wasnt in it.) And as far as i can remember, that orc he plays wasnt even in the book!

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dragonborn_ct said:

@optimuspalm said:

He could be getting more money though, he was credited in the first film (even though he wasnt in it.) And as far as i can remember, that orc he plays wasnt even in the book!

That is a good point though. But its a shame he dropped out of GoT when his portrayal of Gregor Clegane was spot-on and much more memorable than some orc mook in LotR. I admit like Ian Whyte as creepy Gregor, but I'd have Conan Stevens's angry Gregor over him anytime.

(On a side-note, I think I did saw him on the first Hobbit. He was being defeated by Dwalin in the Battle of Moria flashback after Thorin took Azog's arm away. It was blink-and-miss moment, no lines or extended scenes though...)

OptimusPalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#399  Edited By OptimusPalm

@optimuspalm said:

@dragonborn_ct said:

@optimuspalm said:

That is a good point though. But its a shame he dropped out of GoT when his portrayal of Gregor Clegane was spot-on and much more memorable than some orc mook in LotR. I admit like Ian Whyte as creepy Gregor, but I'd have Conan Stevens's angry Gregor over him anytime.

(On a side-note, I think I did saw him on the first Hobbit. He was being defeated by Dwalin in the Battle of Moria flashback after Thorin took Azog's arm away. It was blink-and-miss moment, no lines or extended scenes though...)

Interesting! I'll have to take another look at that scene.

Ian Whyte just doesn't seem big enough....he's got the height, but he just seems too lanky IMHO.

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#400  Edited By Dragonborn_CT

So the Battle of Castle Black is going to be Season 4's climax?. That is going to be more epic than Blackwater, but man, its going to take a long while until we get there...

No Caption Provided

I guess that is the part where Stannis will get his sh*t together and become a more heroic character.