#101 Posted by Dragonborn_CT (21870 posts) - - Show Bio

@judasnixon said:

Man.... Is anyone else a little worried about George R. R. Martin might die before he finishing his series? I mean he isn't the healthiest person on the planet...... He look like he could use a salad.

Robert Jordan all over again.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. But at least Wheel of Time got finished by other author, and Martin already told the ending to the show's writers. Even if he does get the big one, I am sure his work won't be left unfinished.

#102 Posted by InnerSuperman (858 posts) - - Show Bio

not a fan i must say

#103 Posted by RedQueen (1171 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_thunderer said:

Anyone else actually like Joffrey?

Joffrey is horrible and you should feel bad for liking him.

Joking, everyone has their own opinions but he's still horrible. Brilliant acting though. I legitimately despise him

WOAH WOAH WOAH....someone actually likes Joffrey. What are you? :P

Seriously though, two episodes in, and I've decided it's already the best series so far. Which is saying something.

#104 Posted by beautifulrevery (1507 posts) - - Show Bio

@redqueen: It really is. If you ever get a chance. Read the books which are about 10-15x better than the show and that's saying something since the show is already so great.

#105 Edited by RedQueen (1171 posts) - - Show Bio

@redqueen: It really is. If you ever get a chance. Read the books which are about 10-15x better than the show and that's saying something since the show is already so great.

Already have ;) Though, it has been a while....I may re-read them. The show has over-shadowed what I remember of the books.

#106 Edited by beautifulrevery (1507 posts) - - Show Bio

@redqueen: I'm just now reading them and it's been 2 weeks and I'm on A Feast for Crows already. These aren't small books either. Guess it's ok for me to show up to work half asleep til I'm done with them

#107 Edited by RedQueen (1171 posts) - - Show Bio

@beautifulrevery: IMO it only gets better after Feast for Crows. A Dance with Dragons is awesome. (Saying that I also really enjoyed A Storm of Swords). *Sighs wistfully* it really has been too long since I re-read the series. Though I'm pretty sure it will take me longer than 2 weeks to get to AFfC. That is fast reading. It took me just over a week to finish A Clash of Kings.

#108 Posted by beautifulrevery (1507 posts) - - Show Bio

@redqueen: Haha, I'm a fast reader. I attribute it partially to skipping some of Catelyn's chapters in A Clash of Kings though since I already knew what was going to happen and I HATE Catelyn with a fiery passion. A Storm of Swords was absolutely great. I never saw that ending coming and the Red Wedding that I heard so much about still took me by surprise.

#109 Posted by akbogert (3217 posts) - - Show Bio

@redqueen said:

@beautifulrevery said:

@the_thunderer said:

Anyone else actually like Joffrey?

Joffrey is horrible and you should feel bad for liking him.

Joking, everyone has their own opinions but he's still horrible. Brilliant acting though. I legitimately despise him

WOAH WOAH WOAH....someone actually likes Joffrey. What are you? :P

Seriously though, two episodes in, and I've decided it's already the best series so far. Which is saying something.

I'm just jumping in real fast to second the shock at anyone like Joffrey. I've never wanted to actually murder a child before, but he...he ended that streak. I just started watching the show yesterday. And I finished Season One today. Because it's that good. I'll be back in this thread when I'm completely caught up ^_^

#110 Posted by Walzo (4355 posts) - - Show Bio

The kids on GoT are great actors.

#111 Posted by _Grifter_ (11078 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm curious to see who they cast for House Martell and the rest of House Greyjoy.

#112 Edited by akbogert (3217 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, I finally caught myself up on the show, so I can actually read this thread. Yay.

Though it's taking everything within me not to google "Red Wedding" and find out what happens because, well... if you know me, and the way I get attached to characters (and how I'm about as "lawful good" as one can get), the fact that I'm able to watch this show at all is a minor miracle. I love all the nice people and get genuinely upset when they die.

On another note, the only thing that has actually pissed me off thus far is how the writers dealt with Doreah.

#113 Posted by judasnixon (6493 posts) - - Show Bio

Yo Game of Thrones where is this guy? He's awesome! He's like the fat cobra of Game of Thrones!

#114 Posted by StMichalofWilson (3761 posts) - - Show Bio

@beautifulrevery: So have you seen the show? If so, who do you feel about Catelyn there? And I have the shocking stuff is yet to come...

@judasnixon: Sadly, Martin confimed he isn't going to be in the series =(

#115 Edited by judasnixon (6493 posts) - - Show Bio
#116 Posted by _Grifter_ (11078 posts) - - Show Bio
#117 Posted by StMichalofWilson (3761 posts) - - Show Bio
#118 Posted by judasnixon (6493 posts) - - Show Bio
#119 Posted by Inverno (13197 posts) - - Show Bio

#120 Posted by _Grifter_ (11078 posts) - - Show Bio

@judasnixon: I thought Nonso Anozie would've made a decent Belwas, but he wound up being Xaro Xhoan Daxos.

@caiotrubat: I wonder who they'll get to play him and Euron.

#121 Posted by beautifulrevery (1507 posts) - - Show Bio

@stmichalofwilson: Yup I've seen the show. Besides Breaking Bad it's my favorite currently running series. My Catelyn hate actually started with the show and I'm on A Dance with Dragons and I'm wondering how they're going to handle...THAT...

#122 Posted by Dragonborn_CT (21870 posts) - - Show Bio

@grift3r: I wouldn't mind if Brian Steele played Victarion Greyjoy. Maybe Oded Fehr could play Euron, but he fits Oberyn Martell better.

#123 Edited by _Grifter_ (11078 posts) - - Show Bio

@dragonborn_ct: Oded Fehr has the look, but I don't know if he has that swagger that Oberyn has. As for Victarion....I think Ray Stevenson might be a decent fit. As for the Crow's Eye....gotta go with Mads Mikkleson. Although he might be to busy playing Hannibal. My second pick would be James Purefoy, third would be Dominic West.

#124 Edited by _Grifter_ (11078 posts) - - Show Bio

#125 Edited by judasnixon (6493 posts) - - Show Bio

I can see Jack Huston being Crow's Eye. He's already playing a one eyed character on a HBO show....

#126 Edited by _Grifter_ (11078 posts) - - Show Bio
#127 Edited by judasnixon (6493 posts) - - Show Bio
#128 Posted by _Grifter_ (11078 posts) - - Show Bio

@judasnixon: Richard Harrow is a beast....I wouldn't have a problem with him as the Crow's Eye.

#129 Posted by Charlemagne (6969 posts) - - Show Bio

I dont think she'll actually give away a Dragon. She's going to burn that place to the ground is my hope.

#130 Edited by judasnixon (6493 posts) - - Show Bio

Yo does anyone know where I could download that end title song. That was awesome!

#131 Posted by judasnixon (6493 posts) - - Show Bio

@grift3r: I can not wait for the other Greyjoy to show up in the mix. House Greyjoy is my favorite. My only complaint is who they casted as Asha Greyjoy (Yara), but I think I bitched about that enough.......

#132 Posted by _Grifter_ (11078 posts) - - Show Bio

@judasnixon: Aeron, Euron, Asha, and Victarion...it'll be interesting to see how they do the kingsmoot next season.

File:Kingsmoot-by-Arkoniel.jpg

#133 Posted by The Stegman (23949 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm starting to really, really hate Ygritte ( the woman that constantly hits on Jon Snow) she is now my least favorite character, even Joffery is better than her; at least he is highly entertaining with his evil, she's just a woman who's horny for some "Snow plowing" and isn't ashamed to show it no matter how blunt.

#134 Posted by judasnixon (6493 posts) - - Show Bio

Hey does anyone know what this kids secret is? I would love to know...... I bet the ladies would love it if I knew too :)

#135 Posted by Dragonborn_CT (21870 posts) - - Show Bio

A fun fact about this episode's ending: Jaime looses his hand at the very end, but in the books, it was Vargo Hoat from the Brave Companions who takes his hand away, while in the TV series its some Bolton bannerman.

And as soon as that happen, a extremely cherry and upbeat song plays in the credits. Talk about mood whiplash...

#136 Posted by judasnixon (6493 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_stegman: Awwwww..... I really like Ygritte. I think it so cute how she's just F-ing with Jon Snow, but she really likes him and Jon doesn't know how to deal with it.......

#137 Edited by The Stegman (23949 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_stegman: Awwwww..... I really like Ygritte. I think it so cute how she's just F-ing with Jon Snow, but she really likes him and Jon doesn't know how to deal with it.......

Ugh, it's not cute, it's annoying >.< I hate when people like someone so they go the third grade route and mess with them! Freakin' Helga Patacki type nonsense.

#138 Edited by judasnixon (6493 posts) - - Show Bio

@dragonborn_ct: I want that song so bad! Who played it? and where can I down load it at! HBO if you are cool you better give it up on your web site!

#139 Posted by Dragonborn_CT (21870 posts) - - Show Bio

@dragonborn_ct: I want that song so bad! Who played it? and where can I down load it at! HBO if you are cool you better give it up on your web site!

"The Bear and the Maiden Fair" rock remix.

#140 Edited by judasnixon (6493 posts) - - Show Bio

Found it! And I didn't pay the Itune's price. I payed the Iron Price.....

#141 Posted by Dragonborn_CT (21870 posts) - - Show Bio

( •_•)

Well...

( •_•)>⌐■-■

I guess Jaime Lannister...

(⌐■_■)

won't be Hand of the King anytime soon.

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!

#142 Posted by The Stegman (23949 posts) - - Show Bio
#143 Posted by Dragonborn_CT (21870 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_stegman: I am afraid the situation got a little out of hand...

#144 Posted by Dragonborn_CT (21870 posts) - - Show Bio

I think its a good thing to say that we probably won't be seeing the Brave Companions any time soon...

#145 Edited by Inverno (13197 posts) - - Show Bio

The Brotherhood Without Banners are among my favorite characters of the show as of this moment.

#146 Edited by The_Tree (7284 posts) - - Show Bio

I was hoping Theon would get "f###ed into the dirt". I'm still in hate mode after he betrayed the Starks.

I'm also wondering what Ramsay's doing saving Theon.

The hand scene with Jaime, though, that was great. And I loved how they left off on the punk-y version of The Bear and the Maiden Fair".

#147 Posted by judasnixon (6493 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_tree: "I was hoping Theon would get "f###ed into the dirt". I'm still in hate mode after he betrayed the Starks."

Ha ha ha ha..... Me to, and I'm a House Greyjoy guy, and hate rape senses! Theon is such a F-up. Even his own sister called him a stupid $#@%

#148 Posted by Dragonborn_CT (21870 posts) - - Show Bio

My mind was blown when I realized the Hound appeared in Hot Fuzz.

#149 Posted by ThatGuyWithHeadPhones (10877 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_tree said:

I was hoping Theon would get "f###ed into the dirt". I'm still in hate mode after he betrayed the Starks.

I'm also wondering what Ramsay's doing saving Theon.

The hand scene with Jaime, though, that was great. And I loved how they left off on the punk-y version of The Bear and the Maiden Fair".

I honesty think he's just F******** with him for the Hell of it

#150 Edited by The_Tree (7284 posts) - - Show Bio

@judasnixon: Yeah, he really is. I originally sort of liked him, but I just cannot get over his Stark treachery. I don't really have much against the other Greyjoys, though, considering that the only others I've really seen are Yara and Balon. I can't wait 'til Victarion and Euron show up, they sound and look incredibly badass.

@thatguywithheadphones: That would be f###ing hilarious. And a nice scene for the show, to see him stabbed in the back.