The Game of Thrones Thread

Mortein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@jaken7: @jaken7: I hope I am wrong... Wait, did the episode just got leaked early?

The temptation to read your posts is very strong. You know what? F*ck it I am used to spoilers right now so who gives a sh*t

Why don't you just watch the episodes?

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#952 rogueshadow  Moderator

Well now we know why Barristan wasn't in the Daznak's pit. F*ck this. F*ck you. F*ck everything.

KingVenus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#953  Edited By KingVenus

Never watched Game Of Thrones before. ~

t_hench

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 2

#954  Edited By t_hench

@kingvenus: I hadn't until last spring. Then my curiosity got the better of me.....2 weeks later, having watched the show in its entirety thrice, i emerged from my room with a foot long beard, my body covered in Cheetoh dust and smelling of sulphur.

It was wonderful.

KingVenus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#955  Edited By KingVenus

@t_hench said:

@kingvenus: I hadn't until last spring. Then my curiosity got the better of me.....2 weeks later, having watched the show in its entirety thrice, i emerged from my room with a foot long beard, my body covered in Cheetoh dust and smelling of sulphur.

It was wonderful.

Haha. I guess i should start watching it!! :D

I just never watched it because i just never found the interest. ~

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@rogueshadow: I'm in full-on denial mode for that one. I was sure Grey Worm got the save. :c

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#957 rogueshadow  Moderator

@jaken7: I was fist pumping so hard when he showed up too, my body was not ready. Daenerys needs to bring fire and blood. F*ck the police Meereenese.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7: I was fist pumping so hard when he showed up too, my body was not ready. Daenerys needs to bring fire and blood. F*ck the police Meereenese.

I was too! He just has this absolutely legendary presence that lends itself to his status. He was wrecking house with that swarm of Harpy bastards too. Now that Drogon is back (or at least in the area), I really want him to raze those Sons of Harpy mofos to the ground.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#959 rogueshadow  Moderator

@jaken7 said:

@rogueshadow said:

I was too! He just has this absolutely legendary presence that lends itself to his status. He was wrecking house with that swarm of Harpy bastards too. Now that Drogon is back (or at least in the area), I really want him to raze those Sons of Harpy mofos to the ground.

At least Janos got his. What do you think of Ellaria's decisions? I don't think Oberyn would have approved at all, I didn't think she'd be so cruel.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7 said:

@rogueshadow said:

At least Janos got his. What do you think of Ellaria's decisions? I don't think Oberyn would have approved at all, I didn't think she'd be so cruel.

I was so happy with that. Wanted that prick dead since the end of season 1. And I don't approve of her attitude toward Myrcell, but I think her desire for vengeance is somewhat justified. I'm just really excited about the Sand Snakes, so I can't complain about her rallying them all that much. Lol

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#961  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

@jaken7 said:

@rogueshadow said:

@jaken7 said:

@rogueshadow said:

I was so happy with that. Wanted that prick dead since the end of season 1. And I don't approve of her attitude toward Myrcell, but I think her desire for vengeance is somewhat justified. I'm just really excited about the Sand Snakes, so I can't complain about her rallying them all that much. Lol

Plus Tyene is hawt. I wish they'd stop putting Sansa in heels, she looks like she could throw down with Mag the Mighty.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7 said:

@rogueshadow said:

@jaken7 said:

@rogueshadow said:

Plus Tyene is hawt. I wish they'd stop putting Sansa in heels, she looks like she could throw down with Mag the Mighty.

The short-haired one is by far my favorite as well. Yeah, poor Sophie is really tall. Lol

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#963 rogueshadow  Moderator

@jaken7 said:

@rogueshadow said:

@jaken7 said:

@rogueshadow said:

@jaken7 said:

@rogueshadow said:

The short-haired one is by far my favorite as well. Yeah, poor Sophie is really tall. Lol

Pfffft, poor Sophie, poor Kit:

No Caption Provided

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rogueshadow: That red carpet was rough for him I'm sure. Those pics made huge rounds on the Internet. Even more unfair for him because he's of average height. Lol

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#965 rogueshadow  Moderator

@jaken7 said:

@rogueshadow: That red carpet was rough for him I'm sure. Those pics made huge rounds on the Internet. Even more unfair for him because he's of average height. Lol

He's 5 ft 8', that's pretty short really.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rogueshadow: It's within the average range for adult males, I'd say.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#967  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

@jaken7 said:

@rogueshadow: It's within the average range for adult males, I'd say.

Yeah probably, but towards the lower end.

6 ft 2" master race *flexes*.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#969  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

@jaken7 said:

@rogueshadow: For sure.

5 ft 11" regular guy race *pouts*.

Actually I just measured myself and came up at 1.86m.

Damn you, genetics!
Damn you, genetics!

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rogueshadow: To be fair, you're about as close to 6' 2" as I probably am to 5' 11".

Damn. How did we get from Game of Thrones to this? xD

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#971 rogueshadow  Moderator

@jaken7 said:

@rogueshadow: To be fair, you're about as close to 6' 2" as I probably am to 5' 11".

Damn. How did we get from Game of Thrones to this? xD

No Caption Provided

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#972  Edited By Dragonborn_CT

@princearagorn1: LOL At this point I don't see why fans have to worry about spoilers at least from the books cause now its clear that the show will split up from the books, if it doesn't outright spoil it.

@mortein said:

@dragonborn_ct said:

@jaken7: @jaken7: I hope I am wrong... Wait, did the episode just got leaked early?

The temptation to read your posts is very strong. You know what? F*ck it I am used to spoilers right now so who gives a sh*t

Why don't you just watch the episodes?

For the same reason why Jake regretted watching it -he now has to wait for 4 more weeks before seeing something new. Having to wait for two weeks would have killed me :/

@jaken7 said:

@rogueshadow said:

@jaken7 said:

@rogueshadow said:

So turns out I was f*ckin right. I predicted that they would combine Arianne with Ellaria - only replacing "I want my birthright" with "I want vengeance for Oberyn", which you know... I am perfectly cool with this.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

whaaaaaa...since when was there a GoT thread? Damn it!

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's so hard not to read these spoilers lol

I have so many predictions though!! I'm 99% confident I have a rough view of how this season will play out

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dragonborn_ct: Are you more comfortable with this direction they're taking the Sand Snakes now? I know you were really upset that Arianne wasn't gonna be in the show.

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7 said:

@dragonborn_ct: Are you more comfortable with this direction they're taking the Sand Snakes now? I know you were really upset that Arianne wasn't gonna be in the show.

From what I read from your posts, yeah. The show will air right now so I will see later.

Btw, since you felt really strongly against LSH being featured in the show, have you heard the rumours that Sansa would become Lady Stoneheart on Cat's place? She wouldn't be necessarily undead, but she would start hanging people responsible for destroying her family left and right.

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Whooaaaa... Maggy the Frog is hotter than I expected.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dragonborn_ct: I would love that. The only aspect of the character that I hated was that she was a dumb resurrected zombie. Giving her role to Sansa is fitting, and (as you've gathered from my posts) she's certainly in a position, geographically speaking, to f*** some Bolton ass up.

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

The first four episode of season five been leaked online already.....

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The first four episode of season five been leaked online already.....

Post #940, bruh.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Okay, so since I've got my first impressions written out for the first 4 episodes already, I think right after each one airs I'll just quote what I said earlier, but remove the spoiler blocks.

@jaken7 said:

Episode 1:

• The opening scene with a young Cersei was cool as all hell, and the girl they got to play her was perfect.
  • I think playing a slowed down version of Rains of Castamere at Tywin's funeral is deliciously ironic but also pretty fitting.
  • The shot from inside Tyrion's crate was neat.
  • "The future is sh*t, just like the past" - Tyrion. This could be a pretty apt description of the situations of the entire series. xD
  • That Unsullied scene was heartbreaking.
  • These Sons of the Harpy guys are wicked looking.
  • Missandei wanting more of that Gray Worm dick area.
  • Ghost's CG looks better, or is that my imagination?
  • Alliser Thorne is back! He looks like he made it out ok.
  • Melisandre and Stannis are both still at Castle Black. So cool.
  • Stannis is playing smart trying to get the Wildlings to join his army, but I doubt it's gonna happen easily.
  • Sansa's new black hair is yummy.
  • Robin Arryn is still such a p***y.
  • Argh. That part with Sansa and Littlefinger passing by Brienne and Pod (as they're talking about finding her) hurt.
  • Tommen looks great in his kingly getup!
  • That's a different actor playing Lancel, no?
  • Margaery is even sexy as she cock blocks her brother! How does Natalie Dormer do it!?
  • Damn. Tyrion and Varys already decided to go to Mereen. That was fast.
  • Daario has a cute butt...
  • Even Dany's smaller dragons are huge now.
  • Both Jon and Mance made really good points.
  • Way to go Jon! I was wondering why they didn't kill him first. Burning him alive seemed unnecessarily cruel.
  • RIP Mance. Helluva way to go out.

Huh. Felt slower than most opening episodes for a given season. And there wasn't really any "OH SH**!" moment. Still great though.

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well... This episode was slow as f*ck. Not bad, but I didn't feel like there wasn't any exciting things happening. The opening, the ending and the Sons of the Harpy introduction was cool tho, but otherwise it was a forgettable, forgettable premiere.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dragonborn_ct: Right? I had the same thoughts last night. But the next episode was my favorite of the 4. It really, REALLY picks up.

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7: I believe it. Things get better whenever Arya or Dornish characters are involved :P And holy sh*t JAQEN IS BACK :DDDDD

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd let Jon Snow shoot me with an arrow. #sosexy

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#986  Edited By buttersdaman000

WHAT??! They really killed Mance Rayder??!! Bruh................plz, at least, don't kill Tormund!

I doubt the show will go through the trouble of Rattleshirt or whatever his name was....RIP The King Beyond the Wall

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#987 inferiorego  Staff

We're now reviewing GoT. (http://www.comicvine.com/reviews/game-of-thrones-episode-501-the-wars-to-come/1900-4043/)

No, I will not be DLing the leaked episodes. I'm going to watch it live on Sundays like many people will be doing

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We're now reviewing GoT. (http://www.comicvine.com/reviews/game-of-thrones-episode-501-the-wars-to-come/1900-4043/)

No, I will not be DLing the leaked episodes. I'm going to watch it live on Sundays like many people will be doing

*Gasp* who does that?

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

#989 inferiorego  Staff

@inferiorego said:

*Gasp* who does that?

I'm very tempted to, but my wife would be pissed if I was ahead of her on this series. Also.... it's illegal... Yeah.... That's why I'm not DLing it because of legal issues.....

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-60600b79ed2c5
deactivated-60600b79ed2c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I liked the episode. But i feel it needed more boobs

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#992  Edited By JakeN7

@inferiorego said:

@eisenfauste said:

@inferiorego said:

*Gasp* who does that?

I'm very tempted to, but my wife would be pissed if I was ahead of her on this series. Also.... it's illegal... Yeah.... That's why I'm not DLing it because of legal issues.....

Then do not look too carefully in this thread! My wall of first impressions (properly spoiler blocked) for episodes 1-4 seem very hard to resist peeking at. Lol

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saren said:

If Varys wanted a Targaryen restoration, why did he send an assassin to kill Dany back in Season 1? I know in the books it's because he was preparing Aegon for the throne, but Aegon's not in the show. Surely he wasn't planning to see Viserys as King.

I'm pretty sure it was just an oversight. Dance of Dragons was just released when GoT premiered back in 2011. The show runners probably had no clue then that Aegon would be revealed alive, and it's sort of obvious now that he plays no huge role in the long run. Anyways, I was positive he would at least be introduced in season 6, but with Varys revealing his plans to put Dany on the throne, I highly doubt it. Though, if anything, Aegon, Trystane, and Quentyn will just be combined into one character.

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#994  Edited By Dragonborn_CT

@inferiorego said:

I did that before it was cool

#HipsterDragonborn

HigorM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#995 HigorM  Moderator

Jon Snow is such a badass!!

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You know now I realized that in the flashback scene they completely ignored the valonqar part of the prophecy. The one which says she will be strangled to death by her little brother - or rather "a little brother".

I liked the episode. But i feel it needed more boobs

Boobs are always good.

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You know now I realized that in the flashback scene they completely ignored the valonqar part of the prophecy. The one which says she will be strangled to death by her little brother - or rather "a little brother".

I found that strange too. Hopefully it's brought up soon.

t_hench

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

Boobs in the first few minutes and a death of a character...good start to the new season.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#999 the_stegman  Moderator

My thoughts:

1. The boobs were unnecessary. It's like they just show them to show them now.

2. Daenerys still isn't a good queen in my book, and I wouldn't follow her. She doesn't know how to run a nation, she doesn't understand the deeper politics of the land, she doesn't understand anything besides "slavery is bad, so if you have slaves, you're bad."

3. Cersei has been a b*tch her entire life

4. Margaery Tyrell is my favorite character and a wonderful person (so far).

5. Mance should have bowed to Stannis

6. Jon Snow is still fantastic

7. Drogon has probably taken refuge in the hidden kingdom of some Dwarves, stole their gold and is now being attacked by Bilbo

8. No Arya :(

Anywho, great episode.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

I think Jon is easily the best part of this season so far. There's literally no competition, apart from maybe the Jaime & Bronn in Dorne storyline.