The Game of Thrones Thread

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

@thatguywithheadphones: Eh it didn't anger me, but I was like "Huh"? When it happened.

Man I hope Arianne Martell is in the next season and played by an hot chick

No Caption Provided

Like Elza Gonzalez.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@dragonborn_ct: @thatguywithheadphones:

Next season will likely see Victorian and plenty of awesomeness from him as well as Euron and his rise. They'll show lots from Dorne as well, we will get to meet the Sand Snakes, Areo Hotah and hopefully Darkstar.

Victarian and Euron will likely be merged and Daphmair will be cut completely I think. We'll get a few of the sand snakes but not all of them. Areo Hotah might appear but I don't see Darkstar happening at all.

I was also disappointed that Lady Stoneheart didn't appear. How could you not end the season with some random Frey being take to a cave for execution and right before his death, she reveals her gruesome face to the camera. That would have everyone talking until next season.

Overall disappointed in this episode.

I really don't want to say this episode was disappointing. It was a pretty good episode in its own terms, but I am largely pissed off that particular character didn't appear. Have being waiting two years for that.

Now we gonna have to put up with that shitty part of the series that was Book 4 to see that :v

....i'm kind of bummed Stoneheart didn't appear but I doubt she's cut completely. She is way too important for that. Since Robert Strong is all but confirmed, it wouldn't make since to cut out LSH. They missed a huge WTF moment for the season finale though.

We'll have book 4 and 5 next season...maybe some of book 6 as well.

I'm also disappointed there was no mention of Tysha.....it would of elevated that scene even more so.

And the skeleton battle came out of nowhere. I don't remember that?? RIP Jojen....didn't see that coming...CotF look good though as does Blood Raven

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Cregan_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#854  Edited By Cregan_Stark

@dragonborn_ct: I KNOW! Now how is Tyrion going ask people where whores go.

The Jaime, Tyrion change didn't bother me as much as some of the others.

No Jojen paste :(

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LSH for the season 5 premiere!

Cregan_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000: I would be absolutely pissed if they eliminated the Greyjoy sibling rivalry since they absolutely hate each other. However they did cut the other two Tyrell brothers out so it is entirely possible.

Also, I believe we will see all of the sand snakes (or at least by mention) but only two or three to be shown or given much screen time. They better not cut Darkstar, he serves a major purpose and honestly his story isn't done yet in the books either.

I know it wasn't directed towards me but there were corpses that came from the ground in front of the tree, I don't believe they were skeletons though.

Cregan_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#857  Edited By Cregan_Stark

@thatguywithheadphones: from my understanding they are continuing with Oberyn and going with Spain/Latin looking actors for the Martells and of course Arianne must be extremely hot.

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000: I would be absolutely pissed if they eliminated the Greyjoy sibling rivalry since they absolutely hate each other. However they did cut the other two Tyrell brothers out so it is entirely possible.

Also, I believe we will see all of the sand snakes (or at least by mention) but only two or three to be shown or given much screen time. They better not cut Darkstar, he serves a major purpose and honestly his story isn't done yet in the books either.

I know it wasn't directed towards me but there were corpses that came from the ground in front of the tree, I don't believe they were skeletons though.

Yeah, i'm with you but with the creative liberties that have already been taken and the limits of TV, I see them merging the characters to save time and money. The Kingsmoot, should they have one, will be between Yara and Victarion/Euron. I hope i'm wrong though.....

All Darkstar does is cause a nuisance and cut off Myrcellas ear....Unless he becomes a lot more important in later books, he might also be cut....

Ah, I don't remember that. I was only 200 something pages in when I stopped reading DwD. I need to pick it up again...

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

I'm disappointed in the lack of Coldhands.

Cregan_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000: I agree, I could totally see that happening like when they cut Garlan Tyrell. I hate it though lol.

Darkstar is a beast, I hated the character at first with his "I am of the night" stuff but I've grown to respect him. I have my suspicions that he is working for someone (maybe Doran himself even) towards some conspiracy. Also SPOILER, it has been confirmed that he's so badassed that even The Red Viper was wary of him. He has some big stuff to come I believe.

DwD is freaking awesome especially at the end. You need to finish it. Another spoiler below.

Don't want to miss the great northern conspiracy.

Cregan_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#862  Edited By Cregan_Stark

@the_tree: I figured Coldhands would be cut, people believe he has some huge history behind him but I don't believe so. He is simply a plot device to get Bran to the tree.

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cregan_stark: I like the air of mystery about him, and the Benjen Stark theories.

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thatguywithheadphones: from my understanding they are continuing with Oberyn and going with Spain/Latin looking actors for the Martells and of course Arianne must be extremely hot.

Funny thing though... There were some rumours recently that they had cast an Brazilian actor to play Doran Martell. I was pretty excited, but then it turned out to be a fake news... Thankfully enough since the actor they had picked was way too younger than Pedro Pascal to play his elder brother.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#865 the_stegman  Moderator

Daenerys Stormborn in....

HOW TO CHAIN YOUR DRAGON.

Cregan_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_tree: no chance he's Benjen, I could buy The Nights King but not Benjen. Leaf tells Bran that Coldhands was killed "long ago" which would immediately rule out Benjen since he's only been missing a few years and Leaf is hundreds of years old.

Cregan_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#867  Edited By Cregan_Stark

@dragonborn_ct: that's good, at first glance I thought Pedro was too young but then I saw how awesome he was and let it slide. Doran on the other hand is supposed to be a sickly old man though.

I wonder if Quentyn will be in the show.

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#868  Edited By Dragonborn_CT

@dragonborn_ct: that's good, at first glance I thought Pedro was too young but then I saw how awesome he was and let it slide. Doran on the other hand is supposed to be a sickly old man though.

I wonder if Quentyn will be in the show.

In case you are wondering that was the guy they rumours stated was going to play Doran Martell...

Who knows? Honestly his only purpose in the story was to set the dragons loose after his proposal to Dany goes south. You might as well cut him out entirely and replace him some random master trying to take control of the dragons for their own purpose.

I found annoying that his other purpose was to show what happens to a character that thinks he is in different kind of story than he think he is. Quentyn thought he was some kind of plucky hero in a tale of good and bad and that determination pays off in the end for those who want it so bad... Man was him so off base :V

Cregan_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#869  Edited By Cregan_Stark

@dragonborn_ct: he's WAY too young, he'd make a good Quentyn though.

I actually kind of felt bad for Quentyn, he was a complete joke. He could very well be cut, the only question is how this effects Martell Targ relations.

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Heh, a dragon is not a slave...

These words sound so hollow now :v

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cregan_stark: Dude, he is almost the same age as Oberyn :v I always pictured Quentyn as being much younger around 18.

Well, we have yet to see the repercussions of his death. He was still not yet cast in this season though...

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#872  Edited By the_tree

@cregan_stark: Do you believe that horned walker at the end of Oathkeeper is the Night's King, or do you think somebody just goofed?

MrMazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 299

User Lists: 8

Loading Video...

Father of the Year

Avatar image for The_Deathstroker
The_Deathstroker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You people use to know what spoiler blocks were.... Learn them again because you just spoiled the whole next season for me, jerks. Seriously, TV spoilers are fine, but book spoilers are suppose to be covered. Smh.

I mean come on, reread your f*cking posts and you'll see what I mean... ridiculous.

Cregan_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dragonborn_ct: they are both supposed to be fairy old if I remember correctly Doran is in his 50's at least.

I wouldn't he surprised if he was cut

Cregan_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#876  Edited By Cregan_Stark

@the_tree: I think someone goofed and spoiled it, I do believe that it's the nights king

lesterlawton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#877  Edited By lesterlawton

@The_Deathstroker said:

You people use to know what spoiler blocks were.... Learn them again because you just spoiled the whole next season for me, jerks. Seriously, TV spoilers are fine, but book spoilers are suppose to be covered. Smh.

I mean come on, reread your f*cking posts and you'll see what I mean... ridiculous.

You're not going to find a GOT thread without spoilers. The first book has been out for 18 years now. Your best bet is to avoid GOT threads until you finish the books.

The_Deathstroker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lesterlawton: I've made enough GoT threads, been to enough of them, met enough of the users, and I've been on here long enough to know that spoilers will be in every GoT thread. People usually have the decency to put spoiler blocks over book spoilers.

Now your telling me to avoid talking about a topic I enjoy to talk about and enjoy to hear others' opinions about with my friends on here simply because the people that read the books can't control themselves? I should be punished for their arrogance, stupidity, and just plain rudeness? You do realize how idiotic this sounds, yes?

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#879  Edited By JakeN7

VALAR MORGHULIS!

No Caption Provided

I'm bloody speechless. That was literally the greatest season finale I've ever seen. Some bullet points:

• STANNIS! You brilliant bastard.
  • I enjoyed the callback to Season 1 when Jon mentions that Ned died for Stannis. I know some fans have actually forgotten that Stannis was the one that Ned was going to put on the throne (until Robert's "true heir" came of age). He really does have the most legitimate claim (besides maybe Dany).
  • Stay away from Jon, Melisandre! Don't be such a fiery c%nt all the time.
  • Holy balls. Bran's story has now officially catapulted GoT from hard fantasy to high fantasy. Skeleton warriors, fireballs, and old magic dudes, oh my! Not sure how I feel about Jojen's fate though...
  • Dany's scene with her dragons was actually pretty sad. Hope those two don't hold it against her. On another note, the CG on the dragons has never looked so good.
  • The Brienne and Sandor fight was incredible. I'm also glad they kept it like the books and had Arya leave The Hound there. Yes, The Hound is dead...but is Sandor? It's rather ambiguous isn't it? Wonder if they'll have that old gravedigger from the books show up...
  • Cersei just saying f%ck it and not caring who knows the truth about her and Jamie was rather refreshing. Also glad to see that she wasn't the only one of Tywin's kids getting tired of his sh%t.
  • They didn't sugarcoat the scene with Shae. I'll look back through this thread for a comment of mine I made that was basically saying how I doubted they were going to keep that scene like it was in the books. I'm glad I was wrong.
  • Atta boy, Tyrion! Now go meet up with Dany (I swear that's not a pipe dream at all. It's literally going to happen. The two most beloved and popular characters are going to go hang out. It's almost kind of dumb, but also very satisfying, no?).
  • Ah Varys. King's Landing won't be the same without you. You made the right choice though...
  • Arya is basically an honorary daughter of Bravos. I wonder how many more Bravosi dudes she'll make friends with. There was Syrio Forel, then Jaqen H'ghar, and now she's on her way to Bravos itself. Awesome.
  • Speaking of, that ending scene with her was perfect. I don't know why, but I welled up a bit while watching it. I guess it was just beautiful seeing Arya finally free, and it made me reflect how far we've come since the beginning. I've been watching this show for 2-3 years now! I guess I'm a nostalgic fool.

Some nitpicks:

• Strange that we didn't get a Sansa and Littlefinger scene.
  • Also, Tommen was so awesome earlier in the season. Shame we haven't seen him since. I need more nighttime Margaery visits in my life.
  • I feel like it's been way too long since we've gotten a proper Olenna Tyrell scene.
  • Jamie didn't tell Tyrion the truth about the girl from childhood. I always liked that as the proverbial "straw that broke the camel's back." Now, Tyrion almost looks bitter in his actions. Risking his brother's gift of freedom to confront his father unprovoked. Oh well.
  • I'm sad that they didn't find a way to work in the line about Tywin sh%tting gold. I know in the book it was an internal monologue of Tyrion's, and they don't have those in the show, but still...

Game of Thrones episode casualty count:

• Jojen Reed. Damn...
  • The Hound. Ah, f%ck.
  • Shae the whore. Dead hotness.
  • Tywin Lannister. Sh%t, son! Literally...

Game of Thrones Season 5...1 year to go!

Now we wait...

*twiddles thumbs*

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@The_Deathstroker said:

You're not going to find a GOT thread without spoilers. The first book has been out for 18 years now. Your best bet is to avoid GOT threads until you finish the books.

Dude. This is the "Game of Thrones" thread, not the "A Song of Ice and Fire" thread. The OP even warns of TV spoilers, but the books should be discussed (openly) elsewhere.

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Tywin Lannister needs a New Orleans's second line jazz funeral.......

Loading Video...
Gar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She'll have to make amends by posing nude for PETA.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#883 TDK_1997  Online

Damn,these days I am only thinking about if I should start watching GoT again.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ee15da0e0aad
deactivated-5ee15da0e0aad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Totally agree. This thread spoiled The Hound and the Mountain for me. -_-

Strongarm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

S&M

Loading Video...

Peak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7 said:

@lesterlawton said:

@The_Deathstroker said:

Dude. This is the "Game of Thrones" thread, not the "A Song of Ice and Fire" thread. The OP even warns of TV spoilers, but the books should be discussed (openly) elsewhere.

That makes no sense, are you aware of inconsiderate and blatantly obnoxious that sounds?

Strongarm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#887  Edited By Strongarm

@peak: a betrayer to their own kind

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for stmichalofwilson
StMichalofWilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 107

I gotta admit, after last season's finale, this finale was better than tat one. Plus I got to admit I was up in arms when they changed many things, but then I was like, "Woah skeletons! Jamie and Tyrion are still happy bros! Brienne vs the Hound?! Nerdgasm explosion!!!"

Overall pretty great finale, better than the season 3 one imo.

Avatar image for stmichalofwilson
StMichalofWilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 107

Next season of Game of Thrones:

No Caption Provided

The hunt begins...

The_Deathstroker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_stegman said:

"Jon Snew, Jon Snew, wherefore art thou Jon Snew?" We had sex in cave water now I love ye, to bad ye know nothin'

Lmfao

lol.

Damn it. I need to watch the last episode but it's so hard staying away from the last page of the thread..

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#893  Edited By buttersdaman000

@jaken7:

I prefer Jojens TV fate to what most likely happened to him in the books (Jojen Paste). I think that might've been a bit too dark for Brans character.

The sh*t gold line wouldn't have worked out in that scene lol it would've killed the vibe

But where are these spoilers everyone is complaining about?

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000: Ooh, what do you mean? I don't know what you're referring to, but I'm curious now. I do find it interesting that Bran's story in the TV show has nearly caught up with his story in the 5th book.

I know...I just love that line. :/

I'm not sure. I'm too scared to look, I just saw Deathstroker raising hell about it.

ImmortalOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Tbh, I think Tywin's end was kind of sh*tty.

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#896  Edited By buttersdaman000

@jaken7 said:

@buttersdaman000: Ooh, what do you mean? I don't know what you're referring to, but I'm curious now. I do find it interesting that Bran's story in the TV show has nearly caught up with his story in the 5th book.

I know...I just love that line. :/

I'm not sure. I'm too scared to look, I just saw Deathstroker raising hell about it.

Since I haven't completely finished DwD I don't know all the details, but I went ahead and spoiled the core of his story anyways. Apparently, Jojen grows very weak in his travels with Bran, just like it happened in the TV series, and is largely absent for the rest of the book. He's there, but we just don't see him. There's a theory that was taken from the sub context of the chapters that Jojen was actually unknowingly sacrificed to expand Bran's powers. His body was turned into a tree, destroyed, or something and ground up into a paste to feed to Bran - hence, Jojen Paste. You can look up the theory yourself to get the exact details, but that's pretty much what happened. And, the fact that the show runners felt safe killing him off here only further proves it IMO. Also, it has been repeatedly shown that all magic comes with an even steeper price....

Yeah, I do too....I'm more pissed off about the exclusion of 'where do whores go?'

Really the only potential spoilers I see are character mentions that might appear in season 5. There's nothing that would ruin an unsullied viewing anymore than an episode preview IMO.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#897  Edited By JakeN7

@buttersdaman000: Woah. That's a trip! Kind of fits with the books, but you're right, that's too dark for the show. Bran is an awesome character, and I don't think people would've accepted that very well.

That's a common complaint actually. I personally didn't miss it, but it would've been cool if it was in there.

I'm just gonna play it safe anyways.

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#898  Edited By buttersdaman000

@jaken7:

Yeah, I was uncertain on whether or not Tyrions murder of Shae and his father would turn TV characters away from his character, but I know for certain Jojen Paste would turn them away from Bran. So that was a good move on the show runners part..

Actually, why am I even putting that in spoilers?? Jojen is dead either way lol

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#899  Edited By JakeN7

@dragonborn_ct It's a little late, but Caio this is for you.

Loading Video...

See, he's alive! He lived happily ever after! Aren't you relieved?

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#900 JediXMan  Moderator

Okay! I am now, officially...

CAUGHT UP!!!

Saw the season finale last night. Man... loved the ending.