The Friend Zone

• 77 results
Knightly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I'm sure many of us have been there. I'm a male and it's absolutely terrible(this is before meeting my current girlfriend). However, I'm sure it's occurred to females as well.

Sooo:

A) State your gender

B) Have you ever been Friend-Zoned? Did you remain friends with this person?

C) Have you ever Friend-Zoned someone? If so, why?

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By V_Scarlotte_Rose

What exactly is the friend zone? Is it where you meet someone, immediately become attracted to them, but end up being friends instead of partners?

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#4  Edited By Mercy_

The friend zone is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard of.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What exactly is the friend zone? Is it where you meet someone, immediately become attracted to them, but end up being friends instead of partners?

Its when you're into someone and they don't reciprocate and want a platonic relationship.

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By AweSam

@v_scarlotte_rose: When you have feelings for someone, but they only want you as a friend. Nothing more.

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By V_Scarlotte_Rose

@awesam: @cattlebattle: Do you have to know that the person is into you to "friend zone" them, or can you be labelled as "friend zoning" a person just by not being interested in them?

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@awesam: @cattlebattle: Do you have to know that the person is into you to "friend zone" them, or can you be labelled as "friend zoning" a person just by not being interested in them?

I am not sure of all the semantics......but I think you have to know the person is into you or you are into them and they won't have it.

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By AweSam

@v_scarlotte_rose: You usually know, but as long you have no interest and just keep them there while leading them on, it's considered friend-zoning. It's a good confidencd boost.

@mercy_: It does sound silly, but it's very real and is actually a thing people do. I do it unintentionally.

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@awesam said:

@v_scarlotte_rose: You usually know, but as long you have no interest and just keep them there while leading them on, it's considered friend-zoning. It's a good confidencd boost.

That seems kind of cruel to lead someone on.

Which person gets a confidence boost out of this?

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By HumanRocket

Yes I've been friend zoned some people look at it as a bad thing but in te case with me and the girl it was actually the best thing. She was contemplatig being in a relationship with me but didn't becuase she felt that I would make her happy but becuase of her personality and attitude I would be unhappy. I was dissappointed for a while but after a year I saw what she meant her attitude and personality is demanding a 24/7 job to keep her happy. I think I would have gone mad with that demanding personality. Now were good friends but if we would have gotten together we would have stopped talking to each other along time ago. Best advice especially for guys if a girl friend zones u more often than not its for a good reason not because they don't want to take it to another level. A

And yes I have friend zoned people before. I know that they want something more but I can already imagine my personality and their personality constantly clashing and not being in a happy relationship.

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@v_scarlotte_rose: The one friend-zoning everyone. You lead someone on and they give you attention.

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@awesam: Well that's just unpleasant, wasting someones time to make yourself feel special.

__Hesperus__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mercy_ said:

I don't disagree with the concept, the problem is we already have a term for the friendzone: it's called unrequited love. Personally I think saying that you are in unrequited love with someone sounds more romantic than "aw dude, she totally friendzoned me!"

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mercy_ said:

I know I often reply you, but there is no way you can state that and not at least try to elaborate. If anything a sh!tstorm will be a brewing..........

As for the question at hand

a) Male

b) Yes, more than once, and in most cases, you get over it, and move on

c) Yes, in some cases I wasn't attracted them, and they moved one. In other cases I was unaware, being the handsome young fool that I am.................

SideburnGuru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16  Edited By SideburnGuru

Friendzone sucks.

A. Male.
B. Yeah, and yeah. It's not like I got mad at them for it. Hell, most of the girls I know who friend zoned me, I'm best friends with them. We treat it as a joke. Usually, they seem happier anyway. I've done it before too.
C. Not intentinally. So yeah.

It's not as bad as people say it is, but it does absolutely suck. You love a person, they put you in friend zone. Yeah, not so fun.

HBKTimHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm a male

And yes I've been friend zoned, the girl I've been into since the 7th grade (I'm in 10th)...and she's my best friend. Giving up on someone just because you're in the friend zone is pretty stupid.

I don't think I've friend zoned people intentionally, I don't like to think of it that way.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

I'm a guy and I'm in the friend zone as we speak.

I met this awesome girl in my film class last year, and we have TONS in common, we like all the same tv shows, movies, comics etc, and we have really engrossing conversations. But everytime I ask her out (I play it close to the vest to make it not sound like an out and out date proposal) she turns me down or brings her parents *shudders* At this point, I've all but told her I'm interested in her romantically, so either she isn't interested in me, or she can't catch a hint at all, either way, we are friends and I don't see it going any further than that. I've pretty much given up.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

I met this awesome girl in my film class last year, and we have TONS in common, we like all the same tv shows, movies, comics etc, and we have really engrossing conversations. But everytime I ask her out (I play it close to the vest to make it not sound like an out and out date proposal) she turns me down or brings her parents *shudders* At this point, I've all but told her I'm interested in her romantically, so either she isn't interested in me, or she can't catch a hint at all, either way, we are friends and I don't see it going any further than that. I've pretty much given up.

If you have asked her out and she said no. She is not interested.

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 13

I am always in the friend zone....

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

Worst thing that can happen to a boy and it has happened to me.We remained friends but we were never that close again.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 the_stegman  Moderator

@pyrogram said:

@the_stegman said:

Well, I haven't out and out said "Do you want to go on a date with me?" because if she isn't interested, it could ruin the friendship and make things awkward. I usually say something like "I'm going to the movies Friday, wanna tag along?"

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrogram said:

@the_stegman said:

Well, I haven't out and out said "Do you want to go on a date with me?" because if she isn't interested, it could ruin the friendship and make things awkward. I usually say something like "I'm going to the movies Friday, wanna tag along?"

Ask her out.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrogram said:

@the_stegman said:

I have the same problem currently.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrogram: My Jimmies are still rustled that @mercy_ can just a statement like that and leave. I DEMAND ANSWERS GOD DAMMIT!!!!

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 the_stegman  Moderator

@pyrogram said:

@the_stegman said:

@pyrogram said:

@the_stegman said:

Ask her out.

Yeah, it's come to the point where that's the only thing left to do. lol.

SideburnGuru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@laflux said:

@pyrogram: My Jimmies are still rustled that @mercy_ can just a statement like that and leave. I DEMAND ANSWERS GOD DAMMIT!!!!

It ends to seem that females don't appreciate the friend zone.

Normally females. Probably no reason. Just in their blood.

And yes, I'm so getting blasted for this.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laflux said:

The typical woman....well 99% never admit to the friend zone. However 99% of the time men are at fault for not being upfront about feelings.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrogram: TBF, the friend-zone works both ways, and there is nothing wrong with being just really close friends with someone of the opposite sex. I joke with my best friend that I'll be her bridesmaid when she gets married, but were platonic and she's happily in a relationship (not with me :P)

I can't speak for @mercy_ but I think people have this idea that the friend-zone is just an excuse Men use to make Women who turn them down look bad. Which in some cases is true, but I don't see that way. Its perfectly okay to not want to go out with someone who likes you. The problem is how people handle letting people down- which is usually where the problems start.

Also whatever you do, don't get drunk, cry to your room-mate, if you get friend-zoned. He'll mess you up, and you'll end up with a liquid a$$, if not from the Alcohol you've consumed, but from the embarrassment you'll feel when he reveals your drunken musings to the public.........

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laflux: It's hard to be friends with somebody after rejection...we all been there. But...ehh...yeah. It's fakin annoying losing a friend/being awkward after that.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By laflux

@pyrogram: Well I'm still really good friends with the one of the girl I friend-zoned, as well as some girls who turned me down. It does make things awkward but you can power through it :P

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laflux: You can you can.....so annoying though haha

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#33  Edited By InnerVenom123

@mercy_ said:

I don't disagree with the concept, the problem is we already have a term for the friendzone: it's called unrequited love. Personally I think saying that you are in unrequited love with someone sounds more romantic than "aw dude, she totally friendzoned me!"

The friendzone ain't about love. It's about being mad you didn't get to f**k somebody.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@__hesperus__ said:

@mercy_ said:

The friendzone ain't about love. It's about being mad you didn't get to f**k somebody.

Basically. :D

TheGoldenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Male.

Nope.

Jezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Jezer

@mercy_ said:

Hmm why do you say that?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for the friendzone, have been in the past. But how are we defining friend zone? For some it concerns unrequited love, others its unrequited sexual attraction(which subsumes unrequited love). And others it simply concerns being unwilling to do anything sexual regardless of attraction or no attraction.

I personally define it as the last. And I defaultly friendzone any girl I become good friends with, because I'm unwilling to do anything with a good friend. Alot of girls do the same. Though, I have friendzoned girls that I wasn't good friends with.

Generally, if you aren't ugly/unattractive to a girl, avoiding the friendzone is as easy as not becoming too close with them, not hanging out with them too often, and showing that you're attracted to the girl when you actually do interact. So if you like her, either you hang out with her so you can make your move or build sexual tension(through physical contact) OR don't hang out with her till you're ready.

Batmandemon23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i was, got over it, and now the idea of being her boyfriend makes me want to puke

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 juiceboks  Moderator

Male

It's happened once as far as I can remember. We're still the best of friends despite.

My friend zone count is nonexistent as it stands. Not because I'm oblivious to my own actions towards individuals of the opposing gender. I'm actually pretty self conscious when it comes to these things.

Avatar image for simon_the_digger
Simon_the_digger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Male.

Nope.

Yeah, they didn't interest me.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#40  Edited By Deranged Midget

The friend zone, I used to believe in this term. Essentially what is the position YOU put yourself in for lacking the confidence to ask the other person out. You honestly cannot expect to wait and let everything unfold in the manner you want it to. If you're interested in someone, suck it up and ask them out. If they deny you, then oh well. Can't do much about it. You would've never known if you didn't try.

TLDR, just do it.

This ad has been sponsored by Nike.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

The friend Zone doesn't exist.

it's either you not asking her, OR if you truly like her and she turns you down, then stop being friends with her, she took your heart, now you take something away from her, or at least try to win her over. this of course is something YOU only do if you really like her, if you're doing it just for the One Off then you shouldn't really mind getting turned down

Are you saying...I should take her life?

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

this is why people respect you so much :P

Son please, you said the exact same thing I did ;)

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Sexy male

2. Yes, a year later we dated, friends now tho.

3.yes

V01D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By V01D

Honestly. Being banished to the "friend zone" isn't the end of the world. Sometimes chicks just don't want to ruin a perfectly good friendship. Because, lezbehonest, when you date someone and break up it's never going to be the same. One day you find the right one. Not every chick is going to fall flat over heels for you, get over it. It's a cruel world, filled with friend zones.

DarkShadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By DarkShadows

Friend zone is the most ridiculous and stupidest term I ever heard; it's pretty sexiest using the word too, every guy I heard using that word are always complaining about girls being "sluts" for not wanting to go out with them. Dude, if the girl is not interested then she is not interested, don't make her look like a freaking villain.

I know that most guys are not like that, but some guys I've seen does that.

InnerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@awesam: dude..you are just the most annoying prick... i have never met anybody so full of themselves in my life.

im not trying to insult you i just feel that i need to inform you the way you come off a lot of the time.