#1 Edited by TazzMission (5488 posts) - - Show Bio

shes stunning looking

While the first appearances of a modern-day live-action Barry Allen saw him romantically paired with Oliver Queen's girl wonder Felicity Smoak, a potential rival for his affections has been cast on The Flash pilot at The CW, reports Deadline.

25 year-old Candice Patton will play Iris West in the pilot for the TV show, described as "Allen's fast-talking, quick-witted best friend." Of course, comic book readers know Iris West as Barry's eventual wife, at least in the old DC Universe. The actress will also play daughter to Jesse L. Martin's Detective West. If that all sounds a little familiar, it's because Oliver Queen's first love interest on Arrow was also the daughter of main cast member Detective Lance.

While in the comic books Iris has been traditionally drawn as a caucasian speculation was fueled that she would be played by an African-American actress on the show after the older casting of Martin as a "Detective West."

The pilot spins off from the successful DC Comics adaptation Arrow, which has quickly grown the DC television universe with appearances by characters like Black Canary, the League of Assassins, Deathstroke, Deadshot, Amanda Waller, and yes, Barry Allen. Originally planned as a back-door pilot inserted as the 20th episode of Arrow season 2, the network showed faith in the series by taking it stand-alone, a sign analysts say indicates it's closer to series.

http://www.newsarama.com/20232-report-the-flash-s-iris-west-cast.html

Broadway actor Carlos Valdes (Once) has joined the cast of the Flash pilot.

He will be playing “mechanical engineering genius” Cisco Ramon, according to Variety. All of us comic book fans know, though, that Cisco is the alter ego of the superhero Vibe.

Only a few roles are left to be cast in this project – welcome Carlos to the Flash team!

source

http://flashtvnews.com/a-good-vibe-carlos-valdes-joins-the-flash/

#2 Posted by buttersdaman000 (9779 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool, she's hot. And i'm all for interracial relationships, and small race changes in comic adaptations. As long as it doesn't break the character, or adhere to some agenda, its all good

#3 Posted by PeppeyHare (4310 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool. Not familiar with the actress, but she's really attractive.

#4 Edited by LyraFay (2527 posts) - - Show Bio

I think since The Flash hasn't had many media appearances, they should be allowed to make slight changes to his characters. But I'm all for interracial relationships.

#5 Edited by TazzMission (5488 posts) - - Show Bio

@lyrafay said:

I think since The Flash hasn't had many media appearances, they should be allowed to make slight changes to his characters. But I'm all for interracial relationships.

agreed. people are already bitching about it as usual on facebook sadly. id like one day where we can get a casting announcment and not have to hear complaining. the more i hear on the flash show the more excited i am getting because i have faith itll do what marvel hasnt done and that is be a great tv show

#6 Posted by Samimista (20759 posts) - - Show Bio

Iris is very beautiful. ^__^

#7 Posted by TazzMission (5488 posts) - - Show Bio

im curious to see who they get for cold and boomerang

#8 Edited by CrimsonCake (2677 posts) - - Show Bio

I would love to see how they portray vibe. Since the Arrow universe seemed to have become more open to super powered heroes in its universe, I can see Vibe becoming a hero on his own. I would love it if Blue Beetle were in it.

#9 Posted by Cloakx14 (3239 posts) - - Show Bio

she's very beautiful. i can't wait to see the show !

#10 Edited by russellmania77 (15526 posts) - - Show Bio

Every ginger in dc is being replaced by hot brunettes. Oh you think im lying? JENNA OLSEN???

#11 Edited by TazzMission (5488 posts) - - Show Bio

I would love to see how they portray vibe. Since the Arrow universe seemed to have become more open to super powered heroes in its universe, I can see Vibe becoming a hero on his own. I would love it if Blue Beetle were in it.

i kind of want to see a static show before blue beetle if anything

#12 Posted by King Saturn (224290 posts) - - Show Bio

That looks like that Hot Chick from The Game ( TV Show )... in any case, kind of excited about a Flash TV Show... tired of all these damn Non Powered Characters with TV Shows.

#13 Posted by JeanRalphio (1842 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol his powers will be mechanical or from a device like Black Canary's.

#14 Posted by Yokergeist (12355 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool

#15 Posted by Superlightning123 (1438 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmmmmm

#16 Posted by RustyRoy (12812 posts) - - Show Bio

Well she's hot but I'm not excited about the show.

#17 Edited by TazzMission (5488 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy said:

im sure all of us said we werent going to watch arrow when it was first announced and yet we all do. best news is the flash show is done by the same people who wrote arrow

#18 Edited by Fallschirmjager (17897 posts) - - Show Bio

Never heard of her...so whatever

Every ginger in dc is being replaced by hot brunettes. Oh you think im lying? JENNA OLSEN???

Hahah.

#19 Edited by Dark_Vengeance_ (14747 posts) - - Show Bio

DC is racist towards gingers. O_O

#20 Posted by RustyRoy (12812 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy said:

im sure all of us said we werent going to watch arrow when it was first announced and yet we all do. best news is the flash show is done by the same people who wrote arrow

Nope I was very excited about Arrow but when I saw its a TDK wannabe teenage drama I stopped watching it, I don't want Flash TV series to be a teenage drama with cheap visual affects but seeing its CW that's exactly what it will be.

#21 Posted by TazzMission (5488 posts) - - Show Bio
@rustyroy said:

@tazzmission said:

@rustyroy said:

Nope I was very excited about Arrow but when I saw its a TDK wannabe teenage drama I stopped watching it, I don't want Flash TV series to be a teenage drama with cheap visual affects but seeing its CW that's exactly what it will be.

thats stupid to say because what would you know that go's on at the cw or any network for that matter? sure they have had a history in the past for there chick shows but times have changed for the better and instead of insinuating you yourself knows what makes a good show you might want to wait and see how it is before you critisize.

#22 Posted by RustyRoy (12812 posts) - - Show Bio

thats stupid to say because what would you know that go's on at the cw or any network for that matter? sure they have had a history in the past for there chick shows but times have changed for the better and instead of insinuating you yourself knows what makes a good show you might want to wait and see how it is before you critisize.

I know that its a spin off of Arrow which is teen drama and I also now that Flash is too big a name to be spinning off from Arrow,and I know that the budget won't be enough to visualize Flash's powers and I believe that Flash needs to be in a movie rather than a TV series.

#23 Edited by TazzMission (5488 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy said:

@tazzmission said:

I know that its a spin off of Arrow which is teen drama and I also now that Flash is too big a name to be spinning off from Arrow,and I know that the budget won't be enough to visualize Flash's powers and I believe that Flash needs to be in a movie rather than a TV series.

dude no tv show will ever have a budget like a film and if you think they will you have zero clue. most blockbuster movie budgets can be in the millions like star wars or even transformers. id also like to point out as cheesey as it is now the flash series from the 90's was pretty good for what it was and my hope is this new version is similar in regards to story but with a better costume and fair effects.

before lucas sold star wars he stated the live action tv series he wanted would be 5 million an episode despite whatever network picks it up.

#24 Posted by RustyRoy (12812 posts) - - Show Bio

dude no tv show will ever have a budget like a film and if you think they will you have zero clue. most blockbuster movie budgets can be in the millions like star wars or even transformers. id also like to point out as cheesey as it is now the flash series from the 90's was pretty good for what it was and my hope is this new version is similar in regards to story but with a better costume and fair effects.

before lucas sold star wars he stated the live action tv series he wanted would be 5 million an episode despite whatever network picks it up.

Yeah, tat's why I said it should be a movie rather than a show.

#25 Edited by TazzMission (5488 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy said:

@tazzmission said:

Yeah, tat's why I said it should be a movie rather than a show.

as would i but you know what im glad its getting a show because if successful it could very well get a movie. i was watching a q@a on fb that stephen amell did the other day and a fan asked him how many seasons of arrow do you want to do and he said 3 wich he stated they should hear soon if it gets green lit. and with rumors floating around he had talks to be in jla i think we will eventually get a green arrow film with him. so if thats the case maybe the same can happen to flash

#26 Edited by RulerOfThisUniverse (6350 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool! Can't wait to see how Vibe turns out. I just hope they don't rehash the Ollie/Laurel/Detective Lance side plot for Barry/Iris/"Detective West."

#27 Edited by RogueShadow (10872 posts) - - Show Bio

She's hot.

#28 Posted by DoomGuy (772 posts) - - Show Bio

So Wally is black now?

#29 Posted by Alertcircuit (177 posts) - - Show Bio

@doomguy said:

So Wally is black now?

I'd guess so. I'm cool with that.

#30 Posted by DoomGuy (772 posts) - - Show Bio
#31 Edited by TazzMission (5488 posts) - - Show Bio

@doomguy said:

So Wally is black now?

maybe mixed?

#32 Posted by Alertcircuit (177 posts) - - Show Bio

@doomguy said:

@alertcircuit said:

@doomguy said:

So Wally is black now?

I'd guess so. I'm cool with that.

No.

Making sure races are represented is important nowadays, I don't mind them changing a few characters as it is an adaptation.

#33 Posted by DoctorXander (1143 posts) - - Show Bio

I am looking forward to seeing the Captains Cold and Boomerang, I'm keen to see really good characterizations of some of Flash's potentially goofy villains.

#34 Posted by MarcosVergara14 (452 posts) - - Show Bio

People calm down we have to think about the posibility of Wally being adopted

#35 Posted by CF12793 (2992 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm looking forward to this show. I think DC has the TV market by the balls. Arrow is becoming more successful as the season progresses, I'm sure with the same creative team behind this one the show will be just as good.