Posted by megamoses10 (81 posts) - - Show Bio

So i was watching a trailer for the dark knight rises and a scene in the trailer got me thinking. what if Joseph Gordon Levitt's character John Blake is actually Dick Grayson.

First, at 0:08, john Blake says to a kid "so you know about HIM?", but who is he referring to? i initially thought he was referring to batman but batman is a legend in Gotham and asking someone if they know about batman doesn't seem to make sense unless he was referring to robin (himself) since robin might not have been as popular as batman.

secondly, at 0:16, the kid says to Blake "do you think he is coming back?". now, the kid might be referring to batman or maybe to robin (since we all know that Dick Grayson quit from being robin for a while). then Blake responds "i don't know", maybe he is referring to the fact that he is not sure if he wants to return to the whole "vigilante" business. maybe this scene gets Blake (Grayson) to think about returning to batman's side.

Thirdly, Christopher Nolan said that robin would not be in any of the movies but he never said anything nightwing or Dick Grayson.

fourthly, the movie takes place 8 years after the dark knight. there is a time gap for a reason. what if batman met a 16 year old Dick Grayson after the events of the dark knight (that would make Grayson 24 years old in the movie, right age for nightwing), this 8 year gap would be enough time for Grayson to become robin and also quit.

lastly, what if batman dies in a fight against bane or something and this causes Dick grayson to take the mantle of batman just like he did in the comics. after all, if you remember what Ras a Ghul said in the first movie "a man can be corrupted but a symbol is immortal", that means that Bruce Wayne can die but batman can be immortal (hence Dick Grayson becoming batman after Bruce Wayne's death).

these are just my thoughts, what do you guys think?

#1 Posted by AcePace (11 posts) - - Show Bio

Sounds possible but kind of unlikely.

#2 Posted by Inverno (13330 posts) - - Show Bio

I think they are saving it for the reboot.

#3 Posted by nickthedevil (13658 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe.

#4 Posted by cattlebattle (13201 posts) - - Show Bio

I think John Blake will just be a cop.....nothing more

#5 Posted by TheAntiReVamp (389 posts) - - Show Bio

@CaioTrubat said:

Exactly,hopefully they'll make it more like the comics which would make sense to introduce him there.

#6 Posted by Inverno (13330 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheAntiReVamp said:

@CaioTrubat said:

Exactly,hopefully they'll make it more like the comics which would make sense to introduce him there.

Also the only way we can introduce Batman's rogue gallery with more context to the setting.

#7 Posted by The_Tree (7879 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle said:

For real.

The Dark Knight takes place about a year after Batman Begins. Nolan has been quoted saying "Dick Grayson’s still in a crib somewhere. I seriously doubt I will even be involved when Robin’s in the franchise." shortly after BB was released. LINK

If Dick's in a crib in BB, then that makes him around 1-2 years old. Then in TDK he'd be around 2-3. The Dark Knight Rises takes place eight years after The Dark Knight. 2+8= 10, 3+8=11. JGL is 31 years old, too old to be playing a 10-11 year old child.

MYSTERY SOLVED

#8 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (12269 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Tree said:

@cattlebattle said:

For real.

The Dark Knight takes place about a year after Batman Begins. Nolan has been quoted saying "Dick Grayson’s still in a crib somewhere. I seriously doubt I will even be involved when Robin’s in the franchise." shortly after BB was released. LINK

If Dick's in a crib in BB, then that makes him around 1-2 years old. Then in TDK he'd be around 2-3. The Dark Knight Rises takes place eight years after The Dark Knight. 2+8= 10, 3+8=11. JGL is 31 years old, too old to be playing a 10-11 year old child.

MYSTERY SOLVED

Don't read this unless you want an ALT ending for TDKR spoiled

SPOILER WARNING: Click here to reveal hidden content.
John Blake is based off of Terry McGuinness. In no shape or form do they resemble in any way but in an alternate ending Bruce is killed and years later John Blake takes over the mantle as Batman Beyond. I read on Comicbookmovie
#9 Posted by HBKTimHBK (5259 posts) - - Show Bio

The most likely partner to be introduced would be Batgirl (Barbara Gordon), since she already has a previous cameo.

#10 Posted by KraytRawk (628 posts) - - Show Bio

@megamoses10 said:

So i was watching a trailer for the dark knight rises and a scene in the trailer got me thinking. what if Joseph Gordon Levitt's character John Blake is actually Dick Grayson.

First, at 0:08, john Blake says to a kid "so you know about HIM?", but who is he referring to? i initially thought he was referring to batman but batman is a legend in Gotham and asking someone if they know about batman doesn't seem to make sense unless he was referring to robin (himself) since robin might not have been as popular as batman.

secondly, at 0:16, the kid says to Blake "do you think he is coming back?". now, the kid might be referring to batman or maybe to robin (since we all know that Dick Grayson quit from being robin for a while). then Blake responds "i don't know", maybe he is referring to the fact that he is not sure if he wants to return to the whole "vigilante" business. maybe this scene gets Blake (Grayson) to think about returning to batman's side.

Thirdly, Christopher Nolan said that robin would not be in any of the movies but he never said anything nightwing or Dick Grayson.

fourthly, the movie takes place 8 years after the dark knight. there is a time gap for a reason. what if batman met a 16 year old Dick Grayson after the events of the dark knight (that would make Grayson 24 years old in the movie, right age for nightwing), this 8 year gap would be enough time for Grayson to become robin and also quit.

lastly, what if batman dies in a fight against bane or something and this causes Dick grayson to take the mantle of batman just like he did in the comics. after all, if you remember what Ras a Ghul said in the first movie "a man can be corrupted but a symbol is immortal", that means that Bruce Wayne can die but batman can be immortal (hence Dick Grayson becoming batman after Bruce Wayne's death).

these are just my thoughts, what do you guys think?

No, the reason he ask if he knows about him is because in the plot batman had quit for 8 years, the kid seemed young, somaybe he wouldn't know about him.

very interesting theory though..

#11 Posted by blackadamFTW (7867 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickthedevil said:

Maybe.