Avatar image for peterparker1116
PeterParker1116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Edited By PeterParker1116

I am a nerd, I love super-heroes,comics and movies. Comic-book Heroes, have always served as in inspiration to me, from the time I was young and my brother and I would watch the Animated Batman cartoons, I have always felt like Batman stood as inspiration of over coming one's fears and taking a stand for what is right. The tragedy that took place this weekend in Colorado makes me realize just how sick people in this world can be. A man who claims that he is the Joker and goes into a theater shooting off assault weapons is one of the reasons I have found so much pleasure in movies and comics, they are an escape from reality.

Although I personally didn't know anyone affected by the attack, I feel as though it hits close to home. I was lucky enough to enjoy the movie with my boyfriend, on Friday, in a theater with others who were just as enthusiastic about the movie as we were. Those who were attacked were simply trying to do the same thing, enjoy a movie, with friends. My prayers and greatest sympathies go out to the victims and their loved ones.

While we look at the tragedy that took place, we must not focus on the man who committed the crimes but instead the lives of the victims, like the man who jumped in front of a bullet to save his girlfriend and her brother. 'The Dark Knight Rises' shows us that while there is darkness in the world we can overcome our enemies, and fears, to rise above them and fight for the things we value and love.

The Dark Knight Rises, was a great conclusion to the Batman Begins Trilogy. I haven't been able to stop thinking about it. While the movie is 2 hours and 45 minutes it seems to go by so fast, and I am sad to see the end of the Christopher Nolan, Batman.

I know that from day to day we do manage to get distracted with things, but I don't think I will take being able to see a movie with someone I love for granted ever again.

Inverno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By Inverno

Yeah this movie felt long and some things were rushed.

But I loved it. Its better than Batman Begins.