• 51 results
  • 1
  • 2
#1 Posted by Brazen_Intellect (1144 posts) - - Show Bio

I have always been curious as to why so many people on here have multiple alts (some with so many its comical). This is my 2nd account after permanently retiring my longtime one just to see how others would interact with me in a new light. Even with the same ideas and views I have found interacting with the same people to now have a completely different tone.

Feel free to list your number of alts, a list of them if you so choose, and why you have them in the first place.

#2 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20496 posts) - - Show Bio

I have none. I don't really see why. I might create one though...

#3 Posted by Xanni15 (6758 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe to be in the RPG section, multiple characters and such.

#4 Posted by Blood1991 (8082 posts) - - Show Bio

@Xanni15 said:

Maybe to be in the RPG section, multiple characters and such.

That's what I've heard

I think some people like having an alt account for in your face altercations too, because the things some users say with like twenty post is just plain obscene and sometimes seems a little to personal to be random.

#5 Posted by Brazen_Intellect (1144 posts) - - Show Bio

@Xanni15 said:

Maybe to be in the RPG section, multiple characters and such.

That one I can understand, but there seem to be many users who have multiple alts that have nothing to do with the RPG section. There are some people over there who have 30+ alts, how they keep up on it all must be mind bending.

#6 Posted by protectyournose (908 posts) - - Show Bio

Cause they're fun. Then people play guessing games. I just had a guy pm me thinking im Spike....

I told him/her that they're wrong.

#7 Posted by Xanni15 (6758 posts) - - Show Bio

@Brazen_Intellect: How do you know they have that many?

#8 Posted by Brazen_Intellect (1144 posts) - - Show Bio

@Xanni15 said:

@Brazen_Intellect: How do you know they have that many?

There was a thread asking the same question for that section and people gave lists of their insane number of alts

#9 Posted by KnightRise (4762 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991 said:

I think some people like having an alt account for in your face altercations too, because the things some users say with like twenty post is just plain obscene and sometimes seems a little to personal to be random.

#10 Posted by _Psy_ (3410 posts) - - Show Bio

I have somewhere around 35-50 alternate accounts. Most, if not all, are for RPGing.

#11 Posted by joewell (7346 posts) - - Show Bio

I have 1 other, and that for if i get banned, i made that on a dif IP

#12 Posted by Blood1991 (8082 posts) - - Show Bio

@KnightRise said:

@Blood1991 said:

I think some people like having an alt account for in your face altercations too, because the things some users say with like twenty post is just plain obscene and sometimes seems a little to personal to be random.

Lol I think some of our "trolls" are veteran viners who are bored. I really do.

#13 Posted by protectyournose (908 posts) - - Show Bio

Also its because mods ban alot of trolls and this site is so addicting that they cant resist making another account.

#14 Posted by Kovak (748 posts) - - Show Bio

RPing purposes. That said, I only have 4 or 5 alts.

#15 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (19012 posts) - - Show Bio

I just have one account,this one.

#16 Posted by ARMIV2 (8930 posts) - - Show Bio

I've only got one, but it is for Deviant Art...

I come as I am on the internets.

#17 Posted by NlGHTCRAWLER (2899 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrdecepticonleader said:

I just have one account,this one.

That's something someone with more than one account would say.... >_>

#18 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (19012 posts) - - Show Bio

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

@mrdecepticonleader said:

I just have one account,this one.

That's something someone with more than one account would say.... >_>

lol

#19 Posted by Mercy_ (92010 posts) - - Show Bio

I definitely only have one account.

Moderator
#20 Posted by ComicMan24 (147099 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mercy_ said:

I definitely only have one account.

And the sun is definitely purple :P

#21 Posted by protectyournose (908 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mercy_ said:

I definitely only have one account.

I have so many its unbelievable lol

I know this questions off topic, but are you male or female? I never could figure it out.

#22 Posted by Mercy_ (92010 posts) - - Show Bio

@protectyournose said:

@Mercy_ said:

I definitely only have one account.

I have so many its unbelievable lol

I know this questions off topic, but are you male or female? I never could figure it out.

I'm aware :P

Female.

Moderator
#23 Posted by protectyournose (908 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mercy_: WOW! For so long I actually thought you were a male. lol I thought Sexy Merc was female earlier and he corrected me.

#24 Posted by Mercy_ (92010 posts) - - Show Bio

@protectyournose: First time I've heard that lol

Moderator
#25 Edited by protectyournose (908 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mercy_: It happens, but i'll keep in mind not to ever refer to you as a " He, Him, Guy or Dude. " lol

Edit: Their was a guy on yahoo chat he had the screen name " violent " and I Thought he was female cause his name made me think of " violet " a female name. and he died laughing and I called him a her once.

#26 Posted by SoA (5580 posts) - - Show Bio

thought of making another account, but people dont know me at all so there really isnt a point. lol

#27 Posted by _Grifter_ (12265 posts) - - Show Bio

I've got 3 accounts and I don't see that changing any time soon.

#28 Posted by Acer. (2468 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mercy_ said:

I definitely only have one account.

Um yeah me too :P

#29 Posted by protectyournose (908 posts) - - Show Bio

@Acer.: I like your account. To bad we cant make dot names anymore. lol

I would of copied your name and made Acer...

I'm a name freak got so many here, on yahoo, facebook and paltalk...etc

#30 Posted by Acer. (2468 posts) - - Show Bio

@protectyournose: Thanks and this isn't my first Acer account either lol. Theres also somebody else on here who uses the name.

#31 Posted by ComicMan24 (147099 posts) - - Show Bio

Have a few myself. Mostly out of boredom or because of a joke.

#32 Posted by protectyournose (908 posts) - - Show Bio

@Acer.: are you acer51? I thought off head you were either him or hes the acer you're talking about.

#33 Posted by Acer. (2468 posts) - - Show Bio

@protectyournose: Yeah completely different person

#34 Posted by protectyournose (908 posts) - - Show Bio

@Acer.: ah ok.

#35 Posted by _Zombie_ (10518 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mercy_ said:

I definitely only have one account.

Same here. I totally have just the one.

#36 Posted by TheThe (1769 posts) - - Show Bio

My nickname is too much badass, there is no point for me in using another account.

#37 Posted by Strafe Prower (11896 posts) - - Show Bio

I have a few for RPG purposes and one that I've forgotten the username to.....

#38 Posted by protectyournose (908 posts) - - Show Bio

Different people get different Username ideas so they stick with em.

#39 Posted by MrDirector786 (43698 posts) - - Show Bio

@ComicMan24 said:

@Mercy_ said:

I definitely only have one account.

And the sun is definitely purple :P

No, it's not. It's Green. Just ask Knuckles. :P

#40 Posted by Mizz_Coconut (142 posts) - - Show Bio

I have Warcraft account and have like 6 characters but I'm the same person on all of them.

I cant pretend to be someone else it's too hard, I do that in real life

#41 Posted by _Cain_ (23659 posts) - - Show Bio

I Have like a dozen or so accounts I think, Maybe less.

All for RP Purposes

#42 Posted by Samimista (21388 posts) - - Show Bio

@ComicMan24 said:

Have a few myself. Mostly out of boredom or because of a joke.

#43 Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (84704 posts) - - Show Bio

Cause sometimes I wanna tell a fool off and dont wanna get my Mod hands dirty doing it.

#44 Posted by Mercy_ (92010 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambler said:

Cause sometimes I wanna tell a fool off and dont wanna get my Mod hands dirty doing it.

:o

Moderator
#45 Posted by Blood1991 (8082 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mercy_ said:

@Gambler said:

Cause sometimes I wanna tell a fool off and dont wanna get my Mod hands dirty doing it.

:o

I KNEW IT!

#46 Posted by Brazen_Intellect (1144 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambler said:

Cause sometimes I wanna tell a fool off and dont wanna get my Mod hands dirty doing it.

At least your honest about it..I made an alt to remain anonymous but then …@Mercy_ had to go any play detective with her fancy mod tools, at least she has been polite enough to hold her tongue. You would never believe her guesses on who she thought I was before getting it right, hilarious.

#47 Posted by Mercy_ (92010 posts) - - Show Bio

@Brazen_Intellect: Hey, to be fair, I only used them to confirm, I figured it out all by myself ;p

Moderator
#48 Posted by Brazen_Intellect (1144 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mercy_ said:

@Brazen_Intellect: Hey, to be fair, I only used them to confirm, I figured it out all by myself ;p

I did give you more than the 3 clues I promised so you only get partial credit...lol...

That PM went back and forth at least 50 times, you really, really, do not like not knowing something. Your frustration with every guess that was shot down was pretty funny (at least from my end)

A+ for effort and persistance

#49 Posted by Mercy_ (92010 posts) - - Show Bio

@Brazen_Intellect said:

you really, really, do not like not knowing something.

This sums me up in a nutshell lol. Not knowing drives me crazyyy.

Moderator
#50 Posted by nick_hero22 (7673 posts) - - Show Bio

@protectyournose said:

Cause they're fun. Then people play guessing games. I just had a guy pm me thinking im Spike....

I told him/her that they're right.