• 62 results
frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

Edited By frozen  Moderator

I've been watching this show lately - relatively original, up to date with modern times and an interesting watch.

However; it is becoming increasingly apparent that our society is taking a somewhat passive approach to this by taking the stance that sympathy sob stories and false promises will make it all OK - all harm done to the person getting Catfished is shoved aside, Catfish gets sympathy and the Catfish returns to their old ways.

They are still in essence, Cowards - the label of fraud and what consequences that holds should be heavily associated and interjected with those who Catfish, and thus that label will aggressively scare people away from Catfishing people.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

@frozen:

No Caption Provided

Nice thread dude, real nice.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Yeah, I remember watching the show with my Ex a while back, and I think it took a very open handed approach to the Catfish at hand. Granted the man who was catfished didn't seem all that bothered, but it did take away from the people who are truly tramuatised and let-down by Catfishes. Woman and Men who poor resources into what is essentially a lie.

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Agreed.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By mickey-mouse

New Amendment: THOU SHALL NOT GET AWAY WITH ****.

Avatar image for knightsofdarkness2
Knightsofdarkness2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I used to watch the show, It's really disgusting how many people catfish. I agree with your blog,

ChillxPill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By ChillxPill

Easy way to avoid it: Don't date online.

ariesxmasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I pretty much agree with dating online is to anonymous for my taste.

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought this was gonna be about actual catfish....

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Catfish: The TV Show? Yeah, I love that show.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought this was gonna be about actual catfish....

Farm Fresh Catfish is GREAT!!!!

Avatar image for unbreakable_fs4
unbreakable_fs4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The show was far too aggravating to watch due to the points stated in the OP. Especially when the catfish gets confrontational and claims that they are innocent or had consent from the original individual who's pictures they've been using. They keep denying no matter the enormous amount of evidence against them.

Banemax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:

I've been watching this show lately - relatively original, up to date with modern times and an interesting watch.

However; it is becoming increasingly apparent that our society is taking a somewhat passive approach to this by taking the stance that sympathy sob stories and false promises will make it all OK - all harm done to the person getting Catfished is shoved aside, Catfish gets sympathy and the Catfish returns to their old ways.

They are still in essence, Cowards - the label of fraud and what consequences that holds should be heavily associated and interjected with those who Catfish, and thus that label will aggressively scare people away from Catfishing people.

I've never watched the show and am not 100% on the term, but these are the people who lie about who they are online to someone else to get a romantic relationship out of it or something correct?

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Catfishing is pretty vile, I'd rather Chris Hansen hosted the show.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@banemax said:

@frozen said:

I've never watched the show and am not 100% on the term, but these are the people who lie about who they are online to someone else to get a romantic relationship out of it or something correct?

That would be correct. Pretty disgusting, right?

legacy6364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By legacy6364

The world is dark and full of terrors.

albusan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen: Why can't they all be players like you. Share your wisdom with us all.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@banemax said:

@frozen said:

It's awful. People like that are manipulative in the worst way.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't get the point of it? Why would someone do it? I mean you are going to have to meet that person in real life. These people must be sick and disgusting. I mean do they try and get certain photos of the people they are catfishing?

This is why I don't trust people online.

thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords said:
@banemax said:

@frozen said:

It's awful. People like that are manipulative in the worst way.

Yeah all it show is how pathetic an insecure they really are.

Banemax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicstooge: @i_like_swords: Yeah, I'm not sure I understand the end result. If you're trying to be romantically involved with the person then...doesn't that mean you plan on meeting them? Maybe I'm not getting the concept but I'd imagine that when you meet, because I'm assuming you'd want to meet, wouldn't the whole story fall apart?

I feel like there's more to the idea than I'm getting, but it seems like the payoff isn't there and it's just better to be yourself. I really only see this ending badly for everyone.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@banemax said:

@comicstooge: @i_like_swords: Yeah, I'm not sure I understand the end result. If you're trying to be romantically involved with the person then...doesn't that mean you plan on meeting them? Maybe I'm not getting the concept but I'd imagine that when you meet, because I'm assuming you'd want to meet, wouldn't the whole story fall apart?

I feel like there's more to the idea than I'm getting, but it seems like the payoff isn't there and it's just better to be yourself. I really only see this ending badly for everyone.

Some people just want to here they are pretty/beautiful/handsome/whatever I guess.

thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

@banemax said:

Some people just want to here they are pretty/beautiful/handsome/whatever I guess.

And that the most pathetic part, do you have such a low merit in your looks and personality that you have to create this illusion .

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

I don't get the point of it? Why would someone do it? I mean you are going to have to meet that person in real life. These people must be sick and disgusting. I mean do they try and get certain photos of the people they are catfishing?

Not to mention the extent of which the catfish is messing with the other person's life. Like seriously, you need to be a special kind of twisted to think it's okay to play with someone's feelings for your own selfish benefit.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By ComicStooge

@jashro44 said:

Not to mention the extent of which the catfish is messing with the other person's life. Like seriously, you need to be a special kind of twisted to think it's okay to play with someone's feelings for your own selfish benefit.

Like, borderline sociopath, IMO.

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Cream_God

I watched a episode of Dr Phil where a women catfished a couple who were looking for a surrogate and made them think she was pregnant with twins, the catfisher was revealed to be just attention seeking due to a troubled child hood and ended up being sent somewhere for help. While i dont have sympothy for the catfisher, im glad she got help.

thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords said:

@jashro44 said:

borderline? nah they're in it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicstooge said:

@i_like_swords said:

@jashro44 said:

LOL probably. They seem to share all the same characteristics of one anyway.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords:

i_like_swords doesn't really like swords, he prefers guns. Damn Catfish.

thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thatguywithheadphones said:

@comicstooge said:

@i_like_swords said:

@jashro44 said:

LOL probably. They seem to share all the same characteristics of one anyway.

Yep, being slimy pieces of snake crap.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I actually wouldn't mind seeing catfishing become a criminal offence. I mean, punching someone in the face is a criminal offence, but it doesn't nearly as much damage as catfishing someone can do.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I actually wouldn't mind seeing catfishing become a criminal offence. I mean, punching someone in the face is a criminal offence, but it doesn't nearly as much damage as catfishing someone can do.

I was just about to say that myself. Trust me, after watching Catfish, you really get an insight into the minds of these deranged people. It should come with the same penalties as fraud.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero said:

@i_like_swords:

i_like_swords doesn't really like swords, he prefers guns. Damn Catfish.

I.. it's not my fault. I'm going through a tough time and I thought f*cking with all you swords fans emotionally would make me feel better.

*leaves*

*returns*

Hi guys my name is i_like_spears

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#35  Edited By dernman  Online

Check your privilege and leave catfish alone. They have enough identity problems as it is. With them being a fish on the outside but cat on the inside. They don't have doctors or trans species groups to help them. It's a problem that gets ignored.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By ComicStooge

@dernman said:

Check your privilege and leave catfish alone. They have enough identity problems as it is. With them being a fish on the outside but cat on the inside. They don't have doctors or trans species groups to help them. It's a problem that gets ignored.

Lmao.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

Yea. The person being catfishing could be out meeting people that actually care about there feelings. Its like stealing away someones life. And than these innocent people develop feeling for these people that aren't even real. Its sad and a very selfish thing to do.

@jashro44 said:

@banemax said:

And that the most pathetic part, do you have such a low merit in your looks and personality that you have to create this illusion .

Agreed. What catfish don't understand is that the person who calls them pretty isn't talking about them but the person they made up.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

@i_like_swords said:

@jashro44 said:

Yea. The person being catfishing could be out meeting people that actually care about there feelings. Its like stealing away someones life. And than these innocent people develop feeling for these people that aren't even real. Its sad and a very selfish thing to do.

@thatguywithheadphones said:

@jashro44 said:

@banemax said:

Agreed. What catfish don't understand is that the person who calls them pretty isn't talking about them but the person they made up.

Catfish are easily among the worst groups on the internet.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't really get all the mudslinging catfish is getting here.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I mean if you feel that bad about yourself you could just change your life around. Go to the gym, buy acme cream, shower daily, stop eating junk food, etc. You don't need to pretend to be something you're not if you think you're ugly. Just stop being lazy and change your life around.

I can't imagine why else someone would catfish unless they have some strange fetishes....

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Have you seen the show/movie? That crap can ruin lives.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Wolverine008

@wolverine08 said:

How does Catfish ruin lives? That sh%t is f%cking packed with brotein, makes adding slabs of muscle a heck of a lot easier.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicstooge said:

@wolverine08 said:

How does Catfish ruin lives? That sh%t is f%cking packed with brotein, makes adding slabs of muscle a heck of a lot easier.

Are you serious?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicstooge said:

@wolverine08 said:

Okay, you f*cking win.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08 said:

@comicstooge said:

@wolverine08 said:

Are you serious?

No Caption Provided

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers