#1 Posted by Deadite (24826 posts) - - Show Bio

This is not just posting an idea, this plugin actually exist I just don't know if the site can use it. I think this plugin could lay a really heavy punch on spammers, it definitely sounds hellish.

I don't know if this site is based on MyBB. The MyBB structured forums can use the MyBB plugins by default (if their versions matches the plugin.)

Links to the plugin:http://mods.mybb.com/view/hellban

Hellbanning is a simple concept: A hellbanned user's posts and threads are hidden from everyone but himself (and staff) making it seem that they are participating in the community normally but no one is responding to them. Once the user realizes that no one is responding to his posts and is giving him the silent treatment, he will most likely get frustrated and leave.

A notice is on all hellbanned user's posts and threads for staff to see that the user is hellbanned.

Use this and they won't realize they need to start another account to continue the spamming.

#2 Edited by CrimsonCake (2682 posts) - - Show Bio

We could sure use it right now >.>

#3 Posted by Inverno (13330 posts) - - Show Bio

Anything we have at this point to stop it is acceptable.

#4 Posted by Stormbox (2001 posts) - - Show Bio

Id take a damn nuclear bomb if that stops all this spam

#5 Posted by Deadite (24826 posts) - - Show Bio

Some of the spammers doesn't have names, that must be hard to deal with.

#6 Posted by utotheg38 (18883 posts) - - Show Bio

@Stormbox said:

Id take a damn nuclear bomb if that stops all this spam

lol

#7 Posted by _Wolf_Spider_ (824 posts) - - Show Bio

We really need this.

#8 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (34367 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deadite: That's because when a post has been deleted it still stays on the board but the user name is deleted

#9 Posted by Deadite (24826 posts) - - Show Bio

Spammers be damned.

#10 Posted by Deadite (24826 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@Deadite: That's because when a post has been deleted it still stays on the board but the user name is deleted

Thanks for clearing that (:

#11 Posted by Inverno (13330 posts) - - Show Bio

We need to bane the users first and delete the threads later. I think that what the mods are doing but the bastard is creating new accounts like crazy!!

#12 Posted by Deadite (24826 posts) - - Show Bio

Hope tomorrow this whole thing would be over.