The Comic Vine "New Update Curse"

Yokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll The Comic Vine "New Update Curse" (34 votes)

Yes, I noticed the same thing. 85%
Whatever 15%

Ever since that new update, CV has been experiencing a lot of glitches (at least for me) and CV suddenly became empty. Literally, there has been almost no one online since the update. Before the update, I usually got about 100 posts a day. After the update, I'm lucky to even get 20 because there is no one online. Every night I have to wait like 20 minutes for someone to post a message in a thread. Over the past couple days, I would post a message in a thread at about 8:00 pm. I would go to sleep, get up the next morning, go to classes, come back, and the thread would still be on the first off-topic page with my posts still being the last.

Anyone else notice this?

-$NG

• 
PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Yeah, I've noticed how dead the forums are as well.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

The forums have been somewhat slow since the beginning of 2014 to me.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't understand why an update was even done.

Comic Vine was better before CBS bought it. The updates since have done more harm to the site than good.

AssertingValor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 65

My cv mobile isn't working correctly so I decided it's to much of a hastle to use cv. I've been doin maybe 2-3 posts a day now

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

Well...I personally have been working a lot..

But otherwise yes. Deleting my settings after every new post is beyond old.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Every few minutes it keeps on reseting my AV, Status and Background Image. Its annoying........

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By TifaLockhart

I thought I was going crazy...

Avatar image for dark_vengeance_
Dark_Vengeance_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Let's take our site back...no more CBS, no more glitches.

VIVA LA REVOLUCION!

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

New site works against the users lol

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By laflux

@pyrogram said:

New site works against the users lol

this

Omega Ray Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By Omega Ray Jay

One of the most annoying aspects for me as been all the numbers being askew when you are searching for issues/ volumes, before it was very accurate

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

@laflux: We need to get rid of, and replace the coders...

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrogram said:

@laflux: We need to get rid of, and replace the coders...

haha yes

ARMIV2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't really say anything about the messaging or notifications seeing as how my time on here is kinda sporadic and I'm not super talkative with a whole lotta folks. But I will say that since the initial big update, working images has been something of a big pain in the butt.

PotatoOfDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08 said:

The forums have been somewhat slow since the beginning of 2014 to me.

kuonphobos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Yes. Much worse since the update. I too left for a little while out of frustration and my wiki editing has now slowed to a crawl.

Still no updates to the wiki edits point count on my page since the update AND me giving in and using Chrome just so I could make and edit lists.

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Dragonborn_CT

Watch out guys... Complaining about the update will have the mods breathing down your neck :P

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've actually had to re-register twice now, e-mail, username subscriptions and all. But when I check out my profile, everything is the same.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WHERE DID I GO I CANT SEE MYSELF ANYMORE AM I DEAD PLEASE HELP!

MisterAnderson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

What am I voting on, exactly? NO NEW TAXES! Vote "Whatever" for Speaker of the Vine in 2014.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This update has seriously done a lot more harm than good for CV. In fact, it hasn't done any good for the users and has only done harm. I hate speaking poorly of this site because I feel it is one of the, if not the, best comic book sites on the net + I think the staff/community are the absolute best but this update has just destroyed some of my love for it. The notifications suck now as they bring you to wiki pages rather than the post you were tagged in, the "all topics" board is flooded with off-topic and battle posts so anything ranging from Gen. Discussion to character posts gets lost in the abyss of the forums - which you were able to edit that prior to this update. On top of that, barely anyone posts anymore. My profile keeps getting deleted. And some times the site signs me out and asks for me to verify my email but never sends me one so I can't log in for hours until it decides to let me back in. The mods/staff have promised most of these problems would have been cleared on Monday but it is now Wednesday and stuff is still broken and glitching and bugging. I'm trying to be patient but it's annoying as all heck.

Orician_Seis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah...my name is grey again...i miss being blue. My navigation tabs no longer work. So going into my settings is a no go

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And all we ever do is complain, complain and complain /sarcasm...

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Watch out guys... Complaining about the update will have the mods breathing down your neck :P

Psst. There's a few who are unhappy themselves. But you didn't hear it from me...savvy? **taps cheek and walks away**

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lykopis said:

@dragonborn_ct said:

Psst. There's a few who are unhappy themselves. But you didn't hear it from me...savvy? **taps cheek and walks away**

Aright then, just reminiscing some lingering memories from when the site got relaunched :P

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm still having my profile page erased continually as well as having notification and search problems.

The hacks who did this relaunch must want to drive Viners away from the Vine.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh yeah, almost forgot, my name is now "gray" instead of it's tried and true "blue."

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lykopis said:

@dragonborn_ct said:

Aright then, just reminiscing some lingering memories from when the site got relaunched :P

Actually, I kind of agree with you. Unnecessary "tut-tuts" seem to becoming more and more the norm in terms of moderators. Complaining about things is our forte. I don't plan on changing that anytime soon so believe me -- I am on board with you.

My take on this? This has been poorly executed in terms of implementing changes and supposed "fixes". Not giving the community a heads up that more "updates" were on the way was the first mistake.

LyraFay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

One of the most annoying aspects for me as been all the numbers being askew when you are searching for issues/ volumes, before it was very accurate

Which also means you can't write reviews! Err!

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

This update has seriously done a lot more harm than good for CV. In fact, it hasn't done any good for the users and has only done harm. I hate speaking poorly of this site because I feel it is one of the, if not the, best comic book sites on the net + I think the staff/community are the absolute best but this update has just destroyed some of my love for it. The notifications suck now as they bring you to wiki pages rather than the post you were tagged in, the "all topics" board is flooded with off-topic and battle posts so anything ranging from Gen. Discussion to character posts gets lost in the abyss of the forums - which you were able to edit that prior to this update. On top of that, barely anyone posts anymore. My profile keeps getting deleted. And some times the site signs me out and asks for me to verify my email but never sends me one so I can't log in for hours until it decides to let me back in. The mods/staff have promised most of these problems would have been cleared on Monday but it is now Wednesday and stuff is still broken and glitching and bugging. I'm trying to be patient but it's annoying as all heck.

QFT

this is the reason why I took some time away from the site. And the notifications still are buggy.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arturocalakayvee said:

QFT

this is the reason why I took some time away from the site. And the notifications still are buggy.

Yeah, I know. It's horrible. And the search bar is still crappy too. It's been a week and they've barely fixed the issues.

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arturocalakayvee: Do you of a way to set the settings so that the battle forums and off topic forum threads are not shown in the main page? I dislike that now I have to go into each individual forum now that the main forum is too cram with other threads.

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanrocket said:

@arturocalakayvee said:

QFT

Yeah, I know. It's horrible. And the search bar is still crappy too. It's been a week and they've barely fixed the issues.

And you can't complain to them, because they will chastise you for disturbing their procrastination... They want to be left sitting on their asses doing nothing without being pestered by the users' complaints.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanrocket: There used to be a function where you could separate forums from the main forum page. You could add and remove them, but I always forgot how to (eventually I would remember how). It seems now they've completely done away with that feature and now you're left with every forum being on the main board so now you have go on to the individual forums for specifics. Makes the forums so much harder to be on.

Also I've noticed that when you make a topic, it's extremely rare to put the topic in any specific forum other than the general ones such as general discussion, off topic, battles, etc.

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanrocket: There used to be a function where you could separate forums from the main forum page. You could add and remove them, but I always forgot how to (eventually I would remember how). It seems now they've completely done away with that feature and now you're left with every forum being on the main board so now you have go on to the individual forums for specifics. Makes the forums so much harder to be on.

Also I've noticed that when you make a topic, it's extremely rare to put the topic in any specific forum other than the general ones such as general discussion, off topic, battles, etc.

I had that same issue yesterday when I was trying to find the Marvel forum section but could not find it so I had to put my thread in the general discussion. Shame about the feature being removed it was a time saver.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@dragonborn_ct: Do you have experience of that chastising happening mate?

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By lykopis

Frustration is understandable, if not expected at this point. This is not the first time an "update" has been pushed through where things go haywire and worse, not the first time the community wasn't at least given a heads up before hand which was a complaint the last time 'round.

People put in a lot of effort into their blogs/reviews/comments (battles and rpging especially) only to have most things skewed and or completely gone. Being patient is one thing -- being made to feel as though you aren't because you point out how long it's taking (or why any changes were made in the first place) is insulting.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Wolverine008
Loading Video...

LyraFay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

I still can't write reviews!! Which is annoying particularly when I've read three books so far and can't share my point of view about them!!

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lyrafay said:

I still can't write reviews!! Which is annoying particularly when I've read three books so far and can't share my point of view about them!!

RIOT!

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

@lykopis said:

Frustration is understandable, if not expected at this point. This is not the first time an "update" has been pushed through where things go haywire and worse, not the first time the community wasn't at least given a heads up before hand which was a complaint the last time 'round.

People put in a lot of effort into their blogs/reviews/comments (battles and rpging especially) only to have most things skewed and or completely gone. Being patient is one thing -- being made to feel as though you aren't because you point out how long it's taking (or why any changes were made in the first place) is insulting.

QFT.

jeepeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By jeepeh

I have no idea what's going on with you guys, but I'm not having any of your problems. I heard people were being notified whenever anyone comments on their threads? No-one comments on my threads anyways though

No Caption Provided
Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: Lets say I had some bad experiences from other mods (not from the bug-reporting board mind you) for reasons unrelated to the update, regarding "how I tell them to do their job". They don't take too kindly when users complain about not certain measures being taken or simply by asking questions of matters they don't want no one else knowing, saying "its none of your damn business." I remember that with the site's relaunch, mods came down on people that complained about it, telling to deal with it or leave if you don't like it. I never had any personal problems with the moderators that deal with the bugs (besides my obvious exasperation with their recent inaction and tendency to push out downgrades that nobody asked for), but I've seen how they would react to people who complain in their threads as well - and take it just as lightly.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@dragonborn_ct: Ouch I've had some unfortunate run ins with mods in the past but that sounds downright rude.

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dragonborn_ct: Yeah ive experienced sum of that too, the mods really can be more annoying than trolls when they wanna be.

Avatar image for ssjdarthplagueis
SSJDarthPlagueis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...