ill be getting either this

or

these on my shoulders

on my right

on my left

#4 Posted by Zaraki Ichigo (6476 posts) - - Show Bio

Two on my right arm outside.

#5 Posted by ClawRavenscroft (98 posts) - - Show Bio

I have a tattoo on my leg since 7 yars, but already no photo of it.

#6 Posted by Hagane Enna (7450 posts) - - Show Bio

Hey, z, what about the GL one? stares at the fuzzy ID photo

#7 Posted by Zaraki Ichigo (6476 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman and GL by my man Tim Cain, hurt a bit too. (Tip if you are gonna get a tat on you chest, chew gum, that way you don't flinch and tighten your chest while the artist is working.

And my Transformers on the inside of my right arm. Yes that one hurt the most.

#8 Posted by Crimson Orchid (5825 posts) - - Show Bio

This is going to be my first tattoo:

I've always wanted a wolf, just have to decide if he's going on my leg or on my shoulder blade.

#9 Posted by Zaraki Ichigo (6476 posts) - - Show Bio

That is gnna look good. I think it would make an excellent shoulder piece myself.

#10 Posted by Crimson Orchid (5825 posts) - - Show Bio

Zaraki Ichigo says:

"That is gnna look good. I think it would make an excellent shoulder piece myself."

I wanted sleaves for a long time, but now my life is all about first impressions... and in this city you can't wear long sleaves all year round or you'd cook yourself... so it'll be a part of a back peice. ^_^

#11 Posted by Zaraki Ichigo (6476 posts) - - Show Bio

Crimson Orchid says:

"Zaraki Ichigo says:
"That is gnna look good. I think it would make an excellent shoulder piece myself."

I wanted sleaves for a long time, but now my life is all about first impressions... and in this city you can't wear long sleaves all year round or you'd cook yourself... so it'll be a part of a back peice. ^_^"

Cool. Are you gonna build onto it?

#12 Posted by Zaraki Ichigo (6476 posts) - - Show Bio

My back pieces.

#13 Posted by Crimson Orchid (5825 posts) - - Show Bio

Zaraki Ichigo says:

"Crimson Orchid says:
"Zaraki Ichigo says:

I wanted sleaves for a long time, but now my life is all about first impressions... and in this city you can't wear long sleaves all year round or you'd cook yourself... so it'll be a part of a back peice. ^_^"

Cool. Are you gonna build onto it?"

I might at some point. Might get the fenrir wolf's brother, the serpent, on my other shoulder at some point.

#14 Posted by Zaraki Ichigo (6476 posts) - - Show Bio

Crimson Orchid says:

"Zaraki Ichigo says:
"Crimson Orchid says:
"Zaraki Ichigo says:

I might at some point. Might get the fenrir wolf's brother, the serpent, on my other shoulder at some point."

Maybe even a shattered Asgard inbetween the two of them?

#15 Posted by Crimson Orchid (5825 posts) - - Show Bio

Zaraki Ichigo says:

"Crimson Orchid says:
"Zaraki Ichigo says:
"Crimson Orchid says:
"Zaraki Ichigo says:

I might at some point. Might get the fenrir wolf's brother, the serpent, on my other shoulder at some point."

Maybe even a shattered Asgard inbetween the two of them?"

Or loki... possibly an Odin and his ravens somewhere too... a whole norse theme. My grandma's side of the family are directly descended from a Viking family, so I find this stuff so interesting.

#16 Posted by Zaraki Ichigo (6476 posts) - - Show Bio

Crimson Orchid says:

"Zaraki Ichigo says:
"Crimson Orchid says:
"Zaraki Ichigo says:
"Crimson Orchid says:
"Zaraki Ichigo says:

Or loki... possibly an Odin and his ravens somewhere too... a whole norse theme. My grandma's side of the family are directly descended from a Viking family, so I find this stuff so interesting."

Sounds cool. Are you gonna have Odin one- eyed with a raven on his shoulder? It would be cool if you had the Wolf and Sepent on one side and Odin and Thor on the other. Maybe add Loki and a Valhalla Viking in there too.

#17 Posted by Crimson Orchid (5825 posts) - - Show Bio

Zaraki Ichigo says:

"Crimson Orchid says:
"Zaraki Ichigo says:
"Crimson Orchid says:
"Zaraki Ichigo says:
"Crimson Orchid says:
"Zaraki Ichigo says:

Or loki... possibly an Odin and his ravens somewhere too... a whole norse theme. My grandma's side of the family are directly descended from a Viking family, so I find this stuff so interesting."

Sounds cool. Are you gonna have Odin one- eyed with a raven on his shoulder? It would be cool if you had the Wolf and Sepent on one side and Odin and Thor on the other. Maybe add Loki and a Valhalla Viking in there too."

That might be neat... well, I'll start with the one tatt for now and see where it goes... just need to scrounge up some cash and find a good artist. I might make my own stencil for it too, just some that it's my version and not theirs.

#18 Posted by Zaraki Ichigo (6476 posts) - - Show Bio

Sounds cool. It can be cheaper if you do one piece at a time, but you might want to see what they would charge you on an hourly basis too. Also, colored tats cost more too, and some artist might give you a frequent customer discount. Like my artist only charges me for colored inks, not black ink.

#19 Posted by Crimson Orchid (5825 posts) - - Show Bio

Zaraki Ichigo says:

"Sounds cool. It can be cheaper if you do one piece at a time, but you might want to see what they would charge you on an hourly basis too. Also, colored tats cost more too, and some artist might give you a frequent customer discount. Like my artist only charges me for colored inks, not black ink."

Yeah, my back piece would be b/w, but my dragon would be colored. But all my imcome right now is going towards school and living expenses so I don't know when I will be able to afford them anyways.

#20 Posted by Eternal Chaos (22990 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm gonna get a tat when I go to college. I'll just have a list of the very few people that mean anything to me and a giant statement under their names.

#21 Posted by Paragon (7293 posts) - - Show Bio

Still deciding on what I should get. If I do qualify for the Olympics, getting the COC logo on my chest, but I also want something on my shoulder blade that I'm not going to regret a month or a year later (I have a short attention span for things).

#22 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

i'm saving up to have this done...

will be expensive but i really like the design

M

#23 Posted by Cosmic Sentinel (3749 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd get a tattoo, but you can't improve on perfection.

#24 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

looking at that photo i have a really weird neck lol

M

#25 Posted by Walkingstone (10723 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

"looking at that photo i have a really weird neck lolM"

And skinny arms :P Looks pretty though (the tattoo that is rather than your arms / neck)

#26 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

yeah... thats not a good photo of me lol

too 'straight on' lol

M

#27 Posted by Walkingstone (10723 posts) - - Show Bio

But the tattoo looks good on you

#28 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

it suite me :D

just wish i could afford it at the moment

M

#29 Posted by Walkingstone (10723 posts) - - Show Bio

How much will it cost?

Incidentally I want this at the small of my back:

#30 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

thats cool...

weird but cool

M

#31 Posted by Walkingstone (10723 posts) - - Show Bio

It's the FreakAngels symbol, has meaning to me :D

#32 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

cool :)

not a symbol i recognize but it looks good

M

#33 Posted by Donnieman v5.1 (44323 posts) - - Show Bio

Walkingstone says:

"How much will it cost?
Incidentally I want this at the small of my back:
" />http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x146/maramccray/freaksSymbol-2.jpg"

Looks awesome

#34 Posted by Zaraki Ichigo (6476 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos. that Tat is a little off center, but it looks really cool. My artist explained to me that many people don't stand up straight even when they are trying to, so their neck and shoulders are slightly off kilter, but isn't noticeable until they have a tat there.

@Stone- How big you gonna get it and how popular the artis is will will determine the cost of the tat. Looks cool though.

#35 Posted by Walkingstone (10723 posts) - - Show Bio

Zaraki Ichigo says:

"@Stone- How big you gonna get it and how popular the artis is will will determine the cost of the tat. Looks cool though."

Not sure, probably not that big, maybe the size of the picture, possibly slightly bigger. It's not immediate. It's something I'll get when it means something.

#36 Posted by Zaraki Ichigo (6476 posts) - - Show Bio

Ahhh. So if you were here and went to my guy a Tat like that on your fist visit would probably cost Around $100- $120 buck, sometimes they add the "wouldn't sit the f&^% still" fee. Yet my sister in law didn't move an inch when they did her lower back.

#37 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

Zaraki Ichigo says:

"sometimes they add the "wouldn't sit the f&^% still" fee."

roflol... i know tattooists that do that

M

#38 Posted by Walkingstone (10723 posts) - - Show Bio

I've never had one so we'll see. It has to mean something though.

#39 Posted by Zaraki Ichigo (6476 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, the worst I did was the one in the center of my back. Everytime he hit near a rib I could feel this shooting pain. It sucked, but he was doing free hand on the details, so I had to suck it up. The worst pain I have had was one the ribs, the the inside of the arm, then the one on my chest. All the others hurt about as bad a sunburn.

#40 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

lol one of my mates has "Welcome Aboard" tattooed on his pen!s... i kid you not...

i have no idea how he got up the guts to have it done

M

#41 Posted by Walkingstone (10723 posts) - - Show Bio

I've heard horror stories and I've heard not so horror stories. It's something I want because it signifies something, it'll be when I feel like I've made something of my life, and not before. If that makes sense

#42 Posted by Barguest (5170 posts) - - Show Bio

I been thinking of being an apprentice tattoo artist... anyone wanna be a guinea pig? >:D

#43 Posted by Zaraki Ichigo (6476 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

"lol one of my mates has "Welcome Aboard" tattooed on his pen!s... i kid you not...i have no idea how he got up the guts to have it doneM"

B, double E, double R, U, N.

@Stone- None of them were so bad that I didn't go back for another.

#44 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

Zaraki Ichigo says:

"B, double E, double R, U, N."

BEERRUN

huh?

don't get it...

M

#45 Posted by Walkingstone (10723 posts) - - Show Bio

It's not that it'd be bad, it's just that I'm not sure I like the idea of being covered in tats

#46 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't have one but I would probably get the Spider-Man Symbol on my back or something if I did. I have thought about it a couple times.

#47 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

lol he wasn't drunk...

no tattooist will touch you while drunk... they'd loose their license if they did

M

#48 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

Paragon says:

"What the normal pain level on a scale from annoying to blinding?"

depends where you get it done...

but normally it just feels like a cat scratch lol

M

#49 Posted by Paragon (7293 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

"Zaraki Ichigo says:
"B, double E, double R, U, N."

BEERRUN

huh?

don't get it...

M"

Beer Run. He was drunk.

What the normal pain level on a scale from annoying to blinding?

#50 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

"Paragon says:
"What the normal pain level on a scale from annoying to blinding?"
depends where you get it done... but normally it just feels like a cat scratch lol M"
Does it really? I have wondered how bad it hurts. Some say really bad others say they barely feel it.