#1 Posted by SideburnGuru (1338 posts) - - Show Bio

I remember always loving this show, but I was actaully gifted The First, Second, and Third seasons on DVD by a really close friend. My lord, the message the show gives in some of it's episodes are amazing.

It's honestly like an intelligent South Park. I'm not insulting South Park, but it gives messages across with things wrong with society without having to directly insult celebrities, and lacks the fart joes in it. It's just amazing.

Like, this show has honestly surpassed Family Guy, Futurama, The Simpsons, and South Park to me, just because of the message and relatable truth it gives. Major props to this show.

Sadly, it's episodes parody the series in itself. The show should've said something towards the urban community that watched it, but all the urban community that watched it did was laugh at it. Nothing happened. Any thoughts on the show?

#2 Posted by AweSam (7376 posts) - - Show Bio

This show's brilliant.

#3 Posted by russellmania77 (15845 posts) - - Show Bio

I love it

#4 Edited by Dayvid3 (861 posts) - - Show Bio

Love it. Needs more huey though. 1st season was best, I'm glad it's coming back for more

#5 Edited by TheGoldenOne (38789 posts) - - Show Bio
#6 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29510 posts) - - Show Bio

Great show. Not really underrated from what I've seen.

#7 Posted by SideburnGuru (1338 posts) - - Show Bio

@dayvid3: IT'S COMING BACK?!

@innervenom123:

I mean, it's never really put into much discussion as something as Family Guy, which to me is completely brain dead.

#8 Posted by Cybrilious4 (1766 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah I like Boondocks, Family Guy's over-rated as hell

#9 Posted by MagnificentStorm (1420 posts) - - Show Bio

@dayvid3: OMG.ITS COMING BACK????!!!!

I need another fight with Stinkmeaner an his crew that was my fav episode

#10 Posted by XImpossibruX (5261 posts) - - Show Bio

This show is utter brilliance. Comedic racism at it's finest.

#11 Posted by Wolverine08 (45689 posts) - - Show Bio

This show is awesome!!!!!!!! Sociopolitical commentary masked behind insanely funny comedy!

#12 Edited by SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26 (6358 posts) - - Show Bio

The Boondocks is the second greatest animated comedy in history, 2nd to South Park. And it's very close...The BET episode was insanely hilarious. I laugh so hard it hurts at that show. Great voice acting, great script, hilarious gags and characters, and phenomenally witty dialogue while still being extremely profane and mature. McGruder is one of the best things to happen to TV since the 90s. I

WARNING:

The clip consists TONS of Strong Language and possibly offensive satire. If you're not allowed to watch TV-MA TV Shows, you are not allowed to watch R-rated movies, or are easily offended, DO NOT WATCH THIS!!!! I don't want to be responsible for ruining someones childhood! But this is a Boondocks thread so you already knew that. :)

#13 Posted by mikethekiller (8490 posts) - - Show Bio

the boondocks is the sh**

#14 Posted by biggkeem89 (1400 posts) - - Show Bio

Excellent show. Top notch writing. Addressed social issue and was downright hilarious. You gotta love Uncle Ruckus

#15 Edited by SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26 (6358 posts) - - Show Bio

Excellent show. Top notch writing. Addressed social issue and was downright hilarious. You gotta love Uncle Ruckus

Uncle Ruckus is one of the freakiest characters in the history of TV...He's also one of the funniest. :)

#16 Posted by Wolverine08 (45689 posts) - - Show Bio

@biggkeem89:

I followed you a couple of days ago. Could you please follow me back?

#17 Posted by judasnixon (7230 posts) - - Show Bio

#18 Posted by SoA (5255 posts) - - Show Bio

best episode: return of stinkmeaner

#19 Posted by MagnificentStorm (1420 posts) - - Show Bio

@soa: No No thats the second best first best is when his crew comes to kill them omg best ep

#20 Edited by The Stegman (26065 posts) - - Show Bio

The show was amazin'

#21 Posted by SideburnGuru (1338 posts) - - Show Bio
#22 Posted by BaneStrokeLoboGrundyBatArrow (1405 posts) - - Show Bio

Will it ever come back?

#23 Edited by Jezer (3179 posts) - - Show Bio

I like how the main characters represent the different types of black people you'll find so well.

#24 Posted by SideburnGuru (1338 posts) - - Show Bio

@banestrokelobogrundybatarrow: I heard after the Uncle Ruckus movie, which never got through the kickstarter phase.

Which is a shame, because that's the second thing I really wanted that the Kickstarter failed.

1. The Chucky videogame.

2. Uncle Ruckus movie.

#25 Edited by frozenedge (1344 posts) - - Show Bio

The Tyler Perry episode is definitely one of my favorite episodes apart from the Killer Kung-Fu Wolf Bi*** and Let's Nab Oprah

#26 Posted by SideburnGuru (1338 posts) - - Show Bio

The Tyler Perry episode is definitely one of my favorite episodes apart from the Killer Kung-Fu Wolf Bi*** and Let's Nab Oprah

Billy Cosby?!

WHO'S GONNA ROB BILLY COSBY?!

#27 Edited by Mega_spidey01 (3078 posts) - - Show Bio

Isn't there supposed to be a season 4 ? yeah one of my favorite shows of all time !

#28 Posted by SOG7dc (8185 posts) - - Show Bio

@sideburnguru:

100% agree. this is one of the more intelligent shows on tv and its truly underappreciated. this show made me laugh and think and want to live up to a standard. it is, imo, the best adult cartoon ever made. its like a more mature south park

#29 Edited by SideburnGuru (1338 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc: That's exactly what I tell people. This is a smarter version of South Park.

It doesn't need direct celebrity references, or immature fart jokes to get over.

@mega_spidey01:

We can hope.

#30 Posted by biggkeem89 (1400 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08: Sure, dude. I'm not getting notifications for some reason anymore, so I didn't know

#31 Posted by pooty (11731 posts) - - Show Bio

@banestrokelobogrundybatarrow: @jezer: @frozenedge: @mega_spidey01: @sog7dc: @sideburnguru: You guys have heard the saying " the book is always better then the movie". THat applies to this as well. If you have not done so... ORDER THE BOOKS. here is the link. i have them all. even though the book is not directed at my demographic, they can be appreciated by all. and they're cheap.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss/189-9007333-3543966?url=search-alias%3Dstripbooks&field-keywords=the%20boondocks&sprefix=the+boon%2Cstripbooks&rh=i%3Astripbooks%2Ck%3Athe%20boondocks

#32 Posted by SideburnGuru (1338 posts) - - Show Bio

@pooty: Wait.. so those are comics?

Did anyone make a page for it yet?

#33 Posted by SOG7dc (8185 posts) - - Show Bio

@sideburnguru:

the show has such pertinent points to make and it makes all those points while making you laugh. this is art at its finest

#34 Edited by cameron83 (7643 posts) - - Show Bio

@jezer said:

I like how the main characters represent the different types of black people you'll find so well.

This!

This show is awesome!!!!!!!! Sociopolitical commentary masked behind insanely funny comedy!

LOL THIS as well....brings back so much nostalgic memories....

#35 Posted by pooty (11731 posts) - - Show Bio

@pooty:

Wait.. so those are comics?

Did anyone make a page for it yet?

Yes. Boondocks started as a comic strip in newspapers. They collected all the years of strips into books. I don't think they made a detailed page for it yet.

#36 Edited by BaneStrokeLoboGrundyBatArrow (1405 posts) - - Show Bio

They have books?! Lol

#37 Posted by frogdog (3561 posts) - - Show Bio

Still waiting for season 4

#38 Edited by KnightRise (4762 posts) - - Show Bio

Its one of my favorite things ever. I own all three seasons and I can't wait for season 4.

#39 Edited by Jnr6Lil (7868 posts) - - Show Bio

@awesam said:

This show's brilliant.

This

It is an intelligent South Park. South Park tries way too hard to piss people off, and tries to be complex.

#40 Posted by Xeno_Seeker (417 posts) - - Show Bio

i have the public enemy no 2 comic strip collection :)