The Big Bang Theory Show

DarkMatter23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By DarkMatter23

I know that The Big Bang is a TV show, but I think that there is just cause to have a forum for the show on here. What do you think?

No Caption Provided
Avatar image for hydrabob--defunct
hydrabob--defunct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By hydrabob--defunct

um do you have a good reason for it?

Vitality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Vitality

Is it really talked about that much here?

This is basically the first thread I have seen on it........which could mean nothing.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#4  Edited By joshmightbe

I have mixed emotions about this show, I find it funny but in some ways its iratating, its like I can make fun of geeks cause I am one but I'm not sure I like it when non geeks laugh at us. 

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By Billy Batson

I'm a fan.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By King_Saturn
Kaley Cuoco is the only reason to watch the show... lol
PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By PrinceIMC

I like it, though it is a charicture of comic book fans. I think there are parts of the characters most of us can relate to though.

Hawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By Hawk

It's a funny show.....I like when they make a comic book joke and i laugh while my wife sits there staring at me.

Nasar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By Nasar7

I'm surprised this show still exists.

Avatar image for _mistress_redhead_
.Mistress Redhead.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 6

There are a ton of threads for it if you search, but its not a comic... so no forum needed

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#11  Edited By joshmightbe
@nasar7: Why its a top 10 show
SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#12  Edited By SC  Moderator
@King Saturn said:
Kaley Cuoco is the only reason to watch the show... lol

No way man, like Sara Gilbert too!
Kal'smahboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By Kal'smahboi

The first season and a half were clever and sciency. Recently it just got bad.

Show producers: "We've decided to focus heavily on the character with asperger's. People think he's funny." (Disclaimer: this is not an actual quote.)

DarkMatter23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By DarkMatter23
@SC: I miss Sara Gilbert. She was a nice balance!
DarkMatter23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By DarkMatter23
@hydrabob: Given the fact that the characters are immersed in the comic book world and talk about it often, it does hold some value here (makes sense to me). Most people that I know that are into comics, watch the show, and we discuss both comics and the show usually in the same discussion. Is it warranted here, to have a forum, I am not sure. That is one of the reasons I was posing the initial question. Just thought it would be nice to interact with  others on this site, about the show....
Wattup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Wattup

I enjoy this show.

DarkMatter23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By DarkMatter23
@Kal'smahboi: The first two seasons were just great! It was enjoyable to watch the character growth of Sheldon and Leonard. The last season has shifted far away from the the guide of, characters who are trying to find their place in the world. Don't get me wrong, the show still makes me laugh like no other show. The last episode was quite disconcerting to me. All the characters seem to demean each other (which works in doses) and the whole Penny and Raj thing....awkward....I hope they figure something out....
CATPANEXE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By CATPANEXE
DarkMatter23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By DarkMatter23
@CATPANEXE: thanks for the info....I am just picking up Power Girl today, for the first time....That is so awesome!
Avatar image for hydrabob--defunct
hydrabob--defunct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@DarkMatter23 said:
@hydrabob: Given the fact that the characters are immersed in the comic book world and talk about it often, it does hold some value here (makes sense to me). Most people that I know that are into comics, watch the show, and we discuss both comics and the show usually in the same discussion. Is it warranted here, to have a forum, I am not sure. That is one of the reasons I was posing the initial question. Just thought it would be nice to interact with  others on this site, about the show....
congratulations you just sold someone on an idea and yeah don't worry I don't see this getting locked since there is a lot of stuff on here that has absolutely no relevance to comics. I like the show haven't watched it recently though.
moywar700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By moywar700

the show gives comic readers a bad name

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#22  Edited By Gambit1024

I disagree. It's not based on a comic book or any specific characters, so it has no reason for its own forum.

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#23  Edited By Gambit1024

@moywar700 said:

the show gives comic readers a bad name

I agree. It's nerd black-face.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks to demanley for the help!!!!

And making some of my ideas better.

I like the show, but I am sick and tired of all this "romantic comedy". The show lacks character development in seasons four and five. They have changed the characters for seemingly no reason other than to claim character development. It seems to me that the producers believe that the change of a certain character's persona is character development by default. Developing a character's background or introducing new plot elements that further explain a character's point-of-view is real character development, not arbitrarily changing a character.

Many times Sheldon has become a "Mary Sue" character, which is not necessarily a bad thing if that "Mary Sue" was similar to a character like Kirk or Charlie Harper; however, the show now revolves around Sheldon and his new, less-likable persona.

I loved the program "Frasier" becuase the show displayed profound amounts of character development every season without completely rewriting the characters we loved just to claim "character development". This is not the case with "The Big Bang Theory". The characters grow more one-dimensional by the episode. The jokes and punch lines are comparable to the worst of Rob Schneider's "comedy".

The Raj/Howard gay jokes are becoming predictable. It was initially a silly theme that was underscored by the funny comments of Leonard's mother but that well has long since run dry. Raj using medicine or alcohol and getting a bit loopy was a theme that was funny during seasons one and two but has since become hackneyed. Instead of trying to steer Raj's character in a different direction such as therapy or intervention for his medicine and alcohol problems, the writers decided to continue with the same, lame-duck plot-lines. The writers decided to include Chuck Norris jokes which have not been funny since 2007.

The characters do not use the same terms and ideas that they have used in the past, even when it would have negated the simple misunderstandings that could easily be avoided. For example, Sheldons jokes now typically require him to act in an effeminate way or to shout, "Bazzinga!" to ensure that the audience understands when something that he does is funny. This is an insult to the intelligence of the audience. Another example of this is the character of Stuart. Stuart is the nerdy character that owns a comic book store, has a social life and can talk to women. In a seemingly arbitrary action by the programs writers, Stuart suddenly is unable to make or keep friends, speak with women, or maintain any type of social life whatsoever. Again, this is not character development. The character of Priya is a carbon-copy of 'Mal' from "Frasier". They are both underdeveloped, one-dimensional characters, as well. The character of Amy is a geekier copy of 'Lilith' from "Frasier". Since the character of Leslie was already copy of 'Lilith', what point was there in making the character of Amy identical? There are now two clones of "Frasier's" 'Lilith' in Amy and Leslie, and both are insulting, one-dimensional slaps in the face to the audience. The final female character, Bernadette, only exists to be the girlfriend of Howard. All of the female characters exist just as the girlfriends of one of the main, male characters. This is not only an insult to the general audience of the program, but an insult to females everywhere.

"Star Trek: The Next Generation", has episodes dedicated to each and every main character of the program. All of these episodes of the program developed the background and identities of the programs main characters. 'J. L. Picard' was 'J. L. Picard', 'Data' was 'Data', 'Worf' was 'Worf', and so on. The writers did not fully change the characters for the sake of "character development". The characters' histories were explored and plotted. Their personas were defined and explained through their actions and their personal experiences. They were not randomly changed for what seemed like no reason at any point.

The writers of "The Big Bang Theory" seem to have decided that the "Status Quo" is God. Since so many sitcoms are all about dating and romance, the writers of the "Big Band Theory" have decided that their program should be about dating and romance, as well. The show was not initially about dating. The show concerned the life of four nerdy friends and the female lead, 'Penny', in much the same way that the program "Frasier" was about 'Fraiser' his family and friends, and his main romantic interest, 'Lillith'. The program "Frasier" was able to maintain character integrity as well as having a hilarious, and at times romantic story line. It seems that "The Big Bang Theory" has not taken this approach and have instead opted to sacrifice character integrity for the sake of "going with the flow" and fitting in with all of the other unoriginal, dating and romantic comedy programs in broadcast.

Avatar image for haydenclaireheroes
haydenclaireheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1207

User Lists: 14

Big Bang Thoery is a good show. It always makes me laugh

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers