The Best X Books too read?

AquaJustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Edited By AquaJustice

I started too read books in the X-Men Universe again. I have been reading All-New X-Men, Cable and X-Force, and picked up X-Factor at #246. Is there any other X books I should pick up.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#1  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

You want current or older titles?

Because I am admittedly behind in my reading, but I can recommend some older X books.

AquaJustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By AquaJustice

@Glitch_Spawn: That's the book that got me back into reading comics. I enjoy that story line.

AquaJustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By AquaJustice

@JediXMan: Any book is ok.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#5  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

@AquaJustice said:

Try reading Grant Morrison's run on the New X-Men. Fantastic read overall.

Magethor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Magethor

There's hardly anything to said -READ- on current comic books these days. They are basically -ART Books- full of panels of just pictures with a few text bubbles. If you're looking forward to reading a story full of dialogue and narration start off with the 1960 through 1990's X-Men comics.

Magethor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Magethor

Don't mind my ranting, but like right now, I'm holding AVX 11 (2012) and Dr. Strange Sorcerer Supreme #54 (1993)

It takes me about 7-10 minutes to read the entire AVX 11 issue. (that's when I put effort trying to sound like the characters in my head/ or out loud) It's 18 pages give and take a few advertisement pages. Strange SS 54 is 30 pages minus 6 advertisement pages, but reading the entire issue would take roughly bout 30 mins of reading.

Something about older comics is that every space counts for a text. Newer comics = every space on a page counts for graphic illustration. You'll see a lot of sentence breaks on current X-Men comics like (...I...) (...Was.... In... China...) (Now.. I'm in Washington....) (Beast won't shut up....) (I'm on the moon)

Here's another example:

This is what we get from current comics..... There's hardly anything to read if at all.

dangallant984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By dangallant984

@JediXMan said:

@AquaJustice said:

Try reading Grant Morrison's run on the New X-Men. Fantastic read overall.

yeah, this run was one of the best in the last 10 years. Read it up until the point where Xorn takes off his helmet, put it down, forget what you saw under that helmet (really, it doesn't matter), and then dive right into Whedon & Cassaday's Astonishing X-men (#1 to 24, plus Giant Size); you won't have missed much, and it follows it quite well.

If you haven't read AvsX; Consequences, I would recommend that. And yeah, All New X-men is probably the best X-men book going on currently, but I had also been digging on (adjectiveless) X-men until the two part Domino filler story. It's getting the axe soon anyway, though.

x_29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#9  Edited By x_29

Ultimate X-men

charlieboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#11  Edited By charlieboy

X-treme X-men is a fun read as is Wolverine and the X-men.