• 104 results
FukYouRenchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

@14nc3 said:

I laugh at it whenever you post this and I still don't know why XD Please explain the meaning of the gif.

It is symbolizeing the old saying "Beating a dead horse"

As in repeatedly bringing up a subject that multiple other people have already done.

Example: Justin Bieber is actually a girl.

Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@14nc3 said:

I laugh at it whenever you post this and I still don't know why XD Please explain the meaning of the gif.

Its beating a dead horse. It means that something is redundant or completely unnecessary. This thread is a good example, lots of people complain to lift the ban on DBZ characters when they know its against the rules. Its gets redundant when a new person does this every week.

@norrinboltagonprime21: That gif is your trademark the same way Wolverine has "Let the Games Begin" xD

I never get tired of it lol

Well, I'm happy you enjoy it. :)

14NC3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#53  Edited By 14NC3

@pr0metheus said:

@14nc3 said:

It is symbolizeing the old saying "Beating a dead horse"

As in repeatedly bringing up a subject that multiple other people have already done.

Example: Justin Bieber is actually a girl.

@norrinboltagonprime21:

Its beating a dead horse. It means that something is redundant or completely unnecessary. This thread is a good example, lots of people complain to lift the ban on DBZ characters when they know its against the rules. Its gets redundant when a new person does this every week.

Huh. Never heard that saying before. Thanks a bunch guys! And keep posting that gif norrin, always makes me laugh.

Cooldes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

i'm just here to say, that i don't mind the battle forum rules.

but when will the ban on dbz be lifted? It's been a long time, and i've seen many threads with lots of potential that could not be reach that potential because of this outdated ban. I myself have even planned out a Dragonball gauntlet for kenichi, and then realized that dbz threads are banned-_- i'm just saying, we all hate the legendary

"Goku vs Superman"

Or the "Broly beats anyone because he's broly"

but those are a rare occurance these days an we've all learned from the ban. If a goku vs supes thread does arise, we could just do what we do to all the other repeat threads.

Just my 2cents

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cooldes said:

i'm just here to say, that i don't mind the battle forum rules.

but when will the ban on dbz be lifted? It's been a long time, and i've seen many threads with lots of potential that could not be reach that potential because of this outdated ban. I myself have even planned out a Dragonball gauntlet for kenichi, and then realized that dbz threads are banned-_- i'm just saying, we all hate the legendary

"Goku vs Superman"

Or the "Broly beats anyone because he's broly"

but those are a rare occurance these days an we've all learned from the ban. If a goku vs supes thread does arise, we could just do what we do to all the other repeat threads.

Just my 2cents

Um...which Kenichi, casuse I hope it's not the Kenichi I'm thinking.

Avatar image for deactivated-579ecfa921bb2
deactivated-579ecfa921bb2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Cooldes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Cooldes

@thatguywithheadphones: worlds mightiest diciple. You don't think he can handle some of the original series characters?

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cooldes said:

@thatguywithheadphones: worlds mightiest diciple. You don't think he can handle some of the original series characters?

Not at all, those guy at that their worst are effortless bullet timer, and have great durability Kenichi couldn't really compete.

hudyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#59  Edited By hudyman

@14nc3 said:

@pr0metheus said:

No DBZ vs comic characters,

75.8% of DBZ thread(s) ended up in flame wars.

no universe vs universe,

If Universe A has an omnipotent and Universe B doesn't, It automatically wins. If Universe A and B have omnipotent(s) it is an stalemate.

restrictions on team vs team battles,

If you specify X goes after X then you can have as many people as you want as you know they will be fighting. If you throw 30 characters on one team and 30 on another and say "fight" with no added rules,how are we supposed to know who is going to fight who? Will Black Panther go after Captain America or Green Arrow? Will Carnage go after Batman or Nick Fury?

having restrictions on what buffs or handicaps characters in battle threads are allowed to have, etc.

As long as you don't blow it out of proportion it's fine. Giving Batman: Wolverine's powers and abilities is fine. Giving Nightwing a Green Lantern Ring, Mjolnir and Ironman armour is not.

@living_monstrosity : owned

You really arent making any points here, my answer is that if Universe A has an omnipotent and Universe B doesn't, It automatically wins. If Universe A and B have omnipotent(s) it is an stalemate. So what?, let it happen,

This is the really annoying part, let those things happen if the thread is really worthless, no one will think of going there. Think about it, if the ban on universe battles gets re-established and you go to one even though you hate them, you are literally looking for trouble, no one has asked you to go into a type of thread that you dont like just to complain. I completely understand why the rule for the universe battles was made as i completely loathe universe battles because of the many factors. But do you know what i do when i see a battle like that? try and make a guess..........I dont click the battle, i know right?, such an effective technique and guess what else....... I dont get in arguments.

You should understand the points i have made above very clearly unless you were ignorantly processing the above information. The more i think about it, the restrictions that have been placed arent helping anyone and seems like the mods just want to enforce their control.

Now take a deep breath and re-read that line.........done?....good, now forget that line because its BS, i was just keeping your attention in focus haha

Summary :- All the restrictions set in the battle section has ruined the section, the mods are aware of this and im sure they overlook it, there always will be flame wars, no matter what you do, trying to maintain " order " reminds me of a certain government that everyone hates. Its plain and simple, give the people freedom, its not that hard.

Now if any mods have read this, once again i hope none of you get offended by what i have said, its just constructive criticism on a level you probably dont like.

Manchine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nerdork said:

@pope052 said:

@cheesesticks:

That is your opinion, you spoke for everyone.

I agree with him, but I also realize that I, in no way, speak for everyone. In fact, I only speak for myself. :P

I agree with @nerdork 110%. =)

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

wah

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Emperorb777
No Caption Provided

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#63  Edited By TifaLockhart

I've made threads with lesser used characters and they tank.

CaptainUzi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#64  Edited By CaptainUzi

They're fun sometimes. You just have to make good match-ups. I made a cv account solely for using the battle forums.

InsidiousX13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cheesesticks: poor child. So confused and manipulated by the man

Avatar image for naamah_obyzouth
Naamah_Obyzouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I avoid the battle forum at all costs, because everyone is full of sh*t anyways. We have absolutely no way of proving that one character would defeat another character, when they have never faced one another. Especially when in comics there are complete upsets all the dang time. How many fights have gone the exact opposite way that we thought they were going to happen, over the years. The simple truth about fictional characters is that any fictional character, can defeat any other fictional character, based on the writers perspective.

As far as the whole being "Creative" thing goes, I cannot fault that. A lot of the theoretical fights that people suggest, have already been suggested. We don't need 80 different Superman vs (Insert name here) threads, we as users should take the time to make sure that we are posting threads worth posting, so that other users can maintain an attractiveness to new topics to discuss. Of course it will happen every so often, but it shouldn't be so deliberate. It shouldn't be out of laziness, on the part of the poster. Put the effort in, or sit on the bench and wait for someone whom has more experience to do it for you. If it is truly a good concept for a debatable topic, someone would probably be inclined to help you get your vision out there for you.

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TL;DR.

Probably something about Comics vs. Dragon Ball.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't like the "its been done" thing. There are certain factors I'd like to add in certain fights, like hand-to-hand, or prep. Essentially factors that play a significant role in a fight, we aren't allowed to change because someone made the "XvX" battle already.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree actually. It shouldn't be up to them what's worth debating or not, if people want to debate about which character would attack who in a team vs team fight, or who would fight and beat who in a universe vs universe fight then let it happen. Its not like its offensive or hurting anyone. There's no reason for it to be banned. If DBZ threads really all ended in wars then fine, but the other things should be allowed. We should also be allowed to give characters items or abilities they've never used before. That's where the fun comes in. That's when people get to speculate and have some fun and imagination. Once again, it doesn't hurt the site in anyway.

GBandit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@living_monstrosity: Because its always the same thing. No one ever wins! The battle will continue and people are blinded by their fanboyism and making stuff up just to give their character an advantage. Don't matter how obvious it is people will try to support their favorite characters even above facts. It's not fun, it's annoying.

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't like the "its been done" thing. There are certain factors I'd like to add in certain fights, like hand-to-hand, or prep. Essentially factors that play a significant role in a fight, we aren't allowed to change because someone made the "XvX" battle already.

Err... The rules allow for battles that have already been done if they have different conditions. So you should be just fine.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mysticmedivh: mind sharing? Just checked over the rules, didn't really see it. All I have seen is

"No Repeat Battles/Use the Search Function

We have a search function now which can be used to search for past battles, for more information on this please see the battle forum FAQ . If you want to see who would win a fight, check if we’ve already discussed it. If we have and you have something to say about the outcome that’s been reached, don’t be afraid to bump the thread, but don’t make a new one when one already exists. Our search tool should give you everything you need, but if for some reason it doesn’t, the recap thread is another place you can look for old fights and Google can be used to search CV. Dupe threads will be locked."

I had battles locked in my early CV days due to people posting a forum that has the same two people fighting but different conditions, sort of pushed me away from creating battles.

Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#73  Edited By Straight-Fire

What is this thread about again? I so don't feel like reading the crap OP.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#75  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

@jayc1324 said:

I agree actually. It shouldn't be up to them what's worth debating or not, if people want to debate about which character would attack who in a team vs team fight, or who would fight and beat who in a universe vs universe fight then let it happen. Its not like its offensive or hurting anyone. There's no reason for it to be banned. If DBZ threads really all ended in wars then fine, but the other things should be allowed. We should also be allowed to give characters items or abilities they've never used before. That's where the fun comes in. That's when people get to speculate and have some fun and imagination. Once again, it doesn't hurt the site in anyway.

Threads get locked when the flame wars and rule breaking get out of hand so taking away the privilege of DBZ vs. Comics wasn't about "what's worth debating" it was about the flags skyrocketing because too many people in those threads were dragging them down with their negative attitudes and fanboyism. So you can say "there's no reason for it to be banned" only because YOU aren't the one who has to deal with those who break the rules. It's easy to say what should be done when you're on the outside looking in. Users have NO IDEA how much work mods do for this website. As not only a user that has been here longer than mostly any active poster and one of the mods who advocated for DBZ vs. Comic threads to be unbanned I know how things were when those threads were allowed from both sides. The "giving characters certain buffs" rule has nothing to do with me so i'll leave that alone but the "DBZ vs. Comics" threads should be unbanned thing is getting ridiculous at this point.

Manchine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for royrodgersmcfreely
RoyRodgersMcFreely

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I guess these ideas aren't exactly bad, except for universe vs battles. There are so many characters and scenarios that can play out into a battle that they can't be argued for.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Battle Forum and The Battle Forum User Sucks!!!

XLR87T3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vance_astro: It's interesting how everyone raises their swords when DBZ is fighting a comic book character, but you can almost hear crickets when it's against an anime character. It's hero worship, I'm telling you.

Avatar image for the_caped_crusader
The_Caped_Crusader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm sorry you feel that way.

Thekillerklok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Thekillerklok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vance_astro: I said that the DBZ ban was fine if it was really that bad. It's the other stuff I don't think should be banned. And honestly some mods do seem kind of lazy (not you) but that is beside the point.

Khael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I completely agree with OP

EliteMan737

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I kinda agree with you OP. When one of the rule that listed in says use comic character, i was thinking that why must using comic characters? We can use videogames characters or maybe movies characters.

So... i'd say yeah. That battle forum rules sucked

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've made it fun :D however there are some farquaads that try to ruin everything that doesn't fit their agenda

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 vance_astro  Moderator
@jayc1324 said:

@vance_astro: I said that the DBZ ban was fine if it was really that bad. It's the other stuff I don't think should be banned.

The same point applies all the way around. Everything we've agreed to remove from battle forums were things that were causing problems. The point was never to decide what was worth debating or what wasn't.

@jayc1324 said:

And honestly some mods do seem kind of lazy (not you) but that is beside the point.

If it's beside the point, why even say it?

NobleDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The whole forum sucks.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vance_astro: What problem did universe vs universe battles cause? And giving characters things they've never used before?

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 vance_astro  Moderator

@jayc1324 said:

@vance_astro: What problem did universe vs universe battles cause? And giving characters things they've never used before?

They created massive amounts of mismatches.

502reogmygmai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By 502reogmygmai

Try reddit/whowouldwin if you want battles. Much more reasonable and relaxed rules.

502reogmygmai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cable_extreme: try reddit /whowouldwin. The been done before does not exist there

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324: i noticed a bunch of mismatched spite threads.

502reogmygmai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vance_astro: If people want to deba them why does it matter? I'd someone thinks a thread is spite they don't have to post on it. Why do the people who want to have these discussions get the short end of the stick?

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vance_astro: If people want to deba them why does it matter? I'd someone thinks a thread is spite they don't have to post on it. Why do the people who want to have these discussions get the short end of the stick?

Because battle forum users are kinda a bunch of jerks with huge fragile egos that cant deal with real life.

502reogmygmai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 vance_astro  Moderator

Mods started locking mismatches & spite threads because eventually they devolve into flame wars and off-topic conversation that we have to deal with. "Giving characters certain buffs" and "Universe vs. Universe" threads were usually never done correctly. One character was almost always given something that would make them win causing users to attack to OP or get in heated debates with others over the fairness of the matchup. You get rid of it, you don't have to deal with it. We still have to lock tons of mismatches a day even with the restrictions, having those threads around just added a lot more on top of it.

502reogmygmai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathpoolthet1000: The rules are more relaxed than CV battles so yes they can. Unless you prefer the strict rules in which case CV is the better option

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

Try reddit/whowouldwin if you want battles. Much more reasonable and relaxed rules.

I don't know, I've seen a few Reddit battle threads that spiral out of control because of the laxer rules on battle match ups.

502reogmygmai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: Noone is forced to post in or view those threads though.