The Avengers Age of Ultron and Batman vs Superman. Which will make more money?

• 100 results
hirev_starman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Poll The Avengers Age of Ultron and Batman vs Superman. Which will make more money? (101 votes)

The Avengers: Age Of Ultron 52%
Batman Vs. Superman 51%

I know they are 1 year apart from each other but which film do you think will make more bank and will be the blockbuster of the summer?

• 
russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

The part of the title "Batman-" makes more money with just that

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i have a feeling batman vs superman will make more money opening week but wont be as good as a movie as the avengers 2.

hirev_starman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

_Atomikill_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

BvS, as it will be a better movie. IF, Avengers 2 is anything like the first.

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

While I am inclined to agree with russellmania that just the title is enough to ensure financial success (actual quality being inconsenquentional) Marvel Studios has been making some loads of money by usually distributing their movies world-wide before its officially released in the US, its how they have been doing for quite some time and has being quite successful.

Gustofwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BvS, as it will be a better movie. IF, Avengers 2 is anything like the first.

This.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AoT.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman vs superman. The first one made more than any batman movie ever but it was due to three d prices. We have the two biggest superheroes ever in one movie, it will make the most money if it is in three d

NIGHT-WING-ZAI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

First off DC is not accurate at making films. Second of all, why is this even called Batman vs Superman?? I thought this was a Man Of Steel Sequel?? But whatever. Anyways Age of Ultron takes this one. I already got a bad feeling about BVS!!! I mean if you are bringing WW and Flash and even Aquaman and even rumors of Cyborg coming in in a freaking Batman Vs Superman film, that just pretty much makes the Justice League team and movie right there. Why not just call it Justice League?? Also BVS??? Whats the point going to be?? You got the two best DC characters fighting each other?? As I said, I got a bad feeling about this one. Age of Ultron makes more sense obviously, cause its the group being formed again to take on another Notorious villain as in Ultron. So Age of Ultron takes this one cause they will make bank from day 1 all the way till the Fall gets here again. I wouldn't be surprised if BVS makes just about the same amount of box office as Man Of Steel did. I Love DC, I love Batman and Superman but this project just seems like its going to run itself into the ground and lead to a bad Justice League movie, which im hoping wont happen.

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

_Atomikill_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By _Atomikill_
Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Ultron

Mr_Clockwork91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@night-wing-zai: Watchmen was pretty damn accurate. And there are only so many ways you can adapt batman to the big screen and same with superman.

chaos911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Given that the first 1 is the 3rd highest grossing film of all time, I wouldn't be surprised if Avengers Age of Ultron comes close or surpasses it

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maccyd: hehe makes you think tho... 6 heroes to be in the same league as the greatest hero of all time

#BatGod

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Dragonborn_CT
MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@russellmania77: Everyone knows people only went to that to see Alfred, nobody cares about Batman.

#BatButler

NIGHT-WING-ZAI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mr_clockwork91: True but I still cant get over the fact that Batman is going to be played out by BEN AFFLECK!! We already seen him ruin one Comic Hero "DareDevil" lets hope he doesn't do the same with the Bat. Also the other Reason Ultron takes this is because the casting for this is terrible! Gal Gadot as WW??? Are you kidding me? Jesse Eisbenber as Luthor??????? -____- I hope Snyder knows what he is doing cause as I said earlier, this can be leading to a bad direction to the Justice League movie

Mr_Clockwork91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@night-wing-zai: Your predisposition is what is going to make you not like this movie. Ben Affleck did a good job as DD, but the movie as a whole wasn't that great. Ben is actually a huge fan of comics and I find it unfair to say he will do a horrible job when you have never seen him perform as Batman. He is an above average actor otherwise he wouldn't be around doing movies. I remember when there was a big fuss about Daniel Craig about being Bond and turned out to be one of the best.

Gal Gadot just needs to put on a few more pounds, and the roles she has been thrown in are non major.

Jesse Eisenburgh, why not? I have yet to see him in a movie I was disappointed in.

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By those_eyes

@mr_clockwork91: True but I still cant get over the fact that Batman is going to be played out by BEN AFFLECK!! We already seen him ruin one Comic Hero "DareDevil" lets hope he doesn't do the same with the Bat. Also the other Reason Ultron takes this is because the casting for this is terrible! Gal Gadot as WW??? Are you kidding me? Jesse Eisbenber as Luthor??????? -____- I hope Snyder knows what he is doing cause as I said earlier, this can be leading to a bad direction to the Justice League movie

Oh come on it wasnt that bad. He got a bad script.

Cloakx14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i think age of ultron will take the cake.

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marvel. DC will play it safe on this movie. Not to mention "Ultron" is in the title, something fans from all over have been waiting to see for sometime.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BvS.

Jan_Valker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BvS.

It capitalizes both fans that want to see finally Supes and Bats in the same movie, and casual viewers that like Batman.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

B v S will make more money, but not by a lot

swordmasterD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

First off DC is not accurate at making films. Second of all, why is this even called Batman vs Superman?? I thought this was a Man Of Steel Sequel?? But whatever. Anyways Age of Ultron takes this one. I already got a bad feeling about BVS!!! I mean if you are bringing WW and Flash and even Aquaman and even rumors of Cyborg coming in in a freaking Batman Vs Superman film, that just pretty much makes the Justice League team and movie right there. Why not just call it Justice League?? Also BVS??? Whats the point going to be?? You got the two best DC characters fighting each other?? As I said, I got a bad feeling about this one. Age of Ultron makes more sense obviously, cause its the group being formed again to take on another Notorious villain as in Ultron. So Age of Ultron takes this one cause they will make bank from day 1 all the way till the Fall gets here again. I wouldn't be surprised if BVS makes just about the same amount of box office as Man Of Steel did. I Love DC, I love Batman and Superman but this project just seems like its going to run itself into the ground and lead to a bad Justice League movie, which im hoping wont happen.

They may not be 'accurate' but they still sure as hell make a crap load of money. It's Batman VS superman why not call it batman VS superman? All of those with the possible exception of Luthor are just having a cameo to introduce them, so they won't need a huge intro in the possible JL movie. Batman and superman have thought countless times in comics, there was nothing wrong with those. Why not do in movies especially sin they're DC's cinematic universe biggest characters. It's clear the movie is going to make money and possibly out sell Man of Steel again DC is using 2 of their biggest characters, if that's not going to make money I don't know what will.

Avatar image for mrdecepticonleader
mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman vs Superman. Those two names for a movie title will make loads.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#28  Edited By Fallschirmjager

@eisenfauste said:

Marvel. DC will play it safe on this movie. Not to mention "Ultron" is in the title, something fans from all over have been waiting to see for sometime.

lol what?

No one even knows who Ultron is outside of comics until they announced the title and even among the comic community Ultron's fanbase is tiny.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

#29  Edited By SaintWildcard

At best BvS will pass the billion dollar line but Avengers audience has grown since the first one. Maybe JL stands a better chance. And trust me, it hurts me to say this considering I thought Avengers was meh

Rouflex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SVB

Uncanny_Doom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Uncanny_Doom

The idea of Batman vs. Superman challenging Avengers 2 in the box office is a pipe dream right now. Given the way people have been responding to the casting and the box office history of even the positively received movies featuring those characters, I can't see how anyone would think it has a chance of challenging the sequel to the third most successful movie of all time. Plus, Marvel is just better at marketing.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#32 frozen  Moderator
Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Wolverine008

@frozen said:

@wolverine08 said:

AoT.

Doubtful.

I don't think so. It has the backing of already boasting one successful movie(Avengers) in it's portfolio and the Marvel Studios brand for that extra umph in comparison to Man of Steel which somewhat underwhelmed to its expectations and I think AoT is going to be better critically acclaimed, which will help the box office numbers.

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Avengers 2 will win. I don't have a single doubt in my mind about that.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 frozen  Moderator

@wolverine08: Batman vs Superman is the first live action meeting between two of the most iconic superheroes of all time, it can get by on name alone. Factor in, that previous Batman films {e.g. TDKR} had no 3D, whereas BvS will.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen: The idea that iconic background Superman had would sell Man of Steel alone was pushed a lot, and it didn't exactly pan out when things were all said and done. I do think name recognition is a pretty sweet edge for BvS, but I also feel that Marvel Studios has done a good enough job building their brand to compete with something like that, and have name recognition of its own that will help sell Avengers 2 to the public.(If the popularity of the first film isn't enough to begin with)

_Atomikill_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh. My. God. If I here one more complaint that it is Batman vs. Superman instead of Superman vs. Batman...

BvS has a better ring than the other way around, and people have been putting Batsy's name first for years. Deal with it.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 frozen  Moderator

@wolverine08: Well, it's Batman that sells - putting Batman in the film is what guaranteed the film the $1 billion number, it's just the idea of the two being on screen together. Though, I am speculating at this point, I do believe 3D will help sales.

I have no doubt in my mind it'll outsell Cap 3.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

_Atomikill_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@night-wing-zai said:

Oh come on it wasnt that bad. He got a bad script.

Yeah, Daredevil wasn't Affleck's fault.

cdiddyman911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Age Of Ultron. Tell em, what made more Avengers or Dark Knight. Or Avengers or Dark Knight Rises. How about Avengers or Man of Steel?

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By those_eyes

@eisenfauste said:

lol what?

No one even knows who Ultron is outside of comics until they announced the title and even among the comic community Ultron's fanbase is tiny.

Yae more people know about guardians of the galaxy than they do about ultron outside of comics. ultron will have to be done right In order for the film to be successful. Batman and superman alone are known world wide so logically it should make more money at opening box office.

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Age Of Ultron. Tell em, what made more Avengers or Dark Knight. Or Avengers or Dark Knight Rises. How about Avengers or Man of Steel?

Using that type of logic, whats more Avengers or TDK + MoS' box office?

And TDK didn't have 3d.

@those_eyes I'm not saying BvS will make more, people can argue with it either way. I don't really care either and time will tell. I just thought the reasoning was silly because no one knows or cares about Ultron.

BatWatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 238

Marvel has a great track record and a built in fan base not just for the characters but for the actors, studio and universe. Batman V Superman is a huge risk for several reasons. The heroes might be bigger, but the cast is debatable and the direction has mediocre support. Avengers made way more money than Man of Steel. To put it briefly, avengers has momentum. I'd be greatly surprised if avengers didn't do better.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 frozen  Moderator
those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cdiddyman911 said:

And TDK didn't have 3d.

@those_eyes I'm not saying BvS will make more, people can argue with it either way. I don't really care either and time will tell. I just thought the reasoning was silly because no one knows or cares about Ultron.

Yae I'm mainly just mentioning the marketing aspect of it. Can't wait to see the trailers for both though.

cdiddyman911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cdiddyman911 said:

And TDK didn't have 3d.

Okay, that's acceptable I suppose. But I only still firmly believe that Avengers 2 will make more especially since many people didnt like MOS anyways.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#48  Edited By Lvenger

i have a feeling batman vs superman will make more money opening week but wont be as good as a movie as the avengers 2.

This.

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@those_eyes: the marketing will be fine. They'll throw RDJ's face over everything and everyone will want to see Ultron then.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Thor-Parker

Age of Ultron