The AKB Question Exchange

akbogert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 31

#1  Edited By akbogert

Alrighty. I tried this out with my followers (that is, I didn't attach it to a board) and I liked how it went, so I'm going to open it up to everyone by tossing this out on the murky waters of the Off-Topic board. What say y'all to a bit of a "getting to know one another" deal? I've linked to my personal blog, and my profile image and avatar are both, well, actually me (this is subject to change), so at the very least you know I'm a guy, and that I write way too much. You also know I hate Avengers Arena, I guess, and that I really, really like X-23. I don't know what else you may or may have picked up on without going so far as to read my "About Me," and even then, probably not a lot.

Point is, is there anything you'd like to know about me?

No? Cool.

Yes? Not so fast there, kiddos. This isn't going to be an "ask me" thread. I'll answer, sure, but here's the kicker: whatever question you ask, you must also answer about yourself. Because the real reason for this is that I want to get to know you better, but I'm just veiling that in narcissism. Don't tell anyone.

Or you could just tell me about yourself, if you're into that sort of thing.

Anyhow, I'll start, and hopefully you'll follow along so I don't look like an idiot (pretty please?). You could start by answering these questions below, even though I'm giving my answers out for free. Some folks aren't so brave as all that, but I like to know with whom I'm speaking. And most of the people I follow haven't posted (seriously) in the IRL photo thread, so...

What's your actual name? Adam Keith Bogert.

What's your name here all about? It's...it's my first two initials and my last name. A. K. Bogert. Nothing spectacular, but it works.

Do you exist elsewhere on the Internet? I've been known to tweet, tumble, read, and play, among things. I have a Facebook but I don't add people unless we actually know each other. That doesn't mean "IRL," per se, but it does mean we've had a few really meaningful conversations and I don't hate you.

What are you most excited about right now? I'll be starting graduate studies at The Ohio State University in August...where I'll be paid to study video games.

What are you least excited about right now? Having to wait six months until August. Also, Avengers Arena.

What's are you most afraid of? No one will respond to this. Just kidding. But when asked in Kingdom Hearts, I answered "Being indecisive," and that pretty much holds true all these years later.

akbogert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By akbogert

BUMP (that greatest fear answer, though)

Avatar image for deactivated-5d921c81bd12c
deactivated-5d921c81bd12c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

@akbogert: So its like a reverse "Ask me" thread?

akbogert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By akbogert

Kinda? I don't figure I'm interesting enough (or established enough) to justify a straight Ask Me thread, and as a relative noob it'd be nice to get to know folks here as well. So, ask me -- but answer your question too (this also helps to weed out unnecessarily obtuse/awkward questions). Maybe somewhere down the line I'll make a normal ask one, which gives room for more interesting questions that the asker might not necessarily wish to invest in answering.

TL;DR: less a reverse "ask me" than a half "ask me."

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My actual name is Ben Guttridge, similar username thing to you. I used to be on various sites but now I stick to Comic Vine and Facebook (sometimes). I'm excited for a few things, primarily meeting Dan Slott at LSCC later this month. Least excited for my impending exams. I'm afraid of some heights (don't mind them if I have a wall on each side) and I have this weird thing with moths (don't ask, I don't understand it myself).

I can't think of anything original to ask in return so I'll go for the generic: who are your three favourite superheroes? Mine are Hulk, Spider-Man and Superman :)

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By InnerVenom123

akbogert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By akbogert

@guttridgeb: X-23, Cloak, and Dagger (and if they can count as one), Deadpool (though he may not constitute a hero). I suppose Godzilla vs. Mothra wouldn't be high on your list of giant lizard flicks, then. Shame. How'd you end up with plans to meet Dan Slott (or is that just something you're planning to try to do)?

@InnerVenom123: I've always been partial to the unfolded hypercube myself. Dalí put it to pretty good use in this painting:

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By lykopis

I love this format! :)

What's your actual name?

Serafina G (middle name) and then B (for the surname). It's for your protection you know only this.

What's your name here all about?

Lykopis is the fiercest Amazonian warrior of the Amazon Queen. Her name means She-Wolf and that is what I truly am.

Do you exist elsewhere on the Internet?

I sure hope not! ComicVine is suffering enough with my diatribes of feministic, atheistic, green-tea drinking mania! Any more of me anywhere would be a harbinger of the Zombie/Clone Apocalypse frankly.

What are you most excited about right now?

Getting my iMac set up properly. And sliced green apples.

What are you least excited about right now?

Going outside. It's stupidly freezing out there. Anything more colder the minus five degrees is frakking overkill. Like, seriously now!

What are you most afraid of?

Lots of things but right now I will go with another horrific double ear infection episode. More like terrified.

My Turn:

What would you tell yourself five years ago if you had the opportunity? Five years from now?

I would tell the five year younger Lyko to break up with him. Now.

I would tell the five year older Lyko to get cracking because I will be the magic age required by the UN to apply for an NGO. Oh, and to hang on to him. Tightly.

:)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@akbogert: He's going to be one of the guests at London Super Comic Con :)

I still can't think of anything worth asking but I'll be back when/if I think of something :P

akbogert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By akbogert

@guttridgeb: Well, I'll keep my eyes peeled. By the way, thank you for saving this thread from the brink of oblivion. I was becoming acutely self-conscious :P

@lykopis said:

I love this format! :)

What's your actual name?

Serafina G (middle name) and then B (for the surname). It's for your protection you know only this.

Lykopis is the fiercest Amazonian warrior of the Amazon Queen. Her name means She-Wolf and that is what I truly am.

I sure hope not! ComicVine is suffering enough with my diatribes of feministic, atheistic, green-tea drinking mania! Any more of me anywhere would be a harbinger of the Zombie/Clone Apocalypse frankly.

Getting my iMac set up properly. And sliced green apples.

Going outside. It's stupidly freezing out there. Anything more colder the minus five degrees is frakking overkill. Like, seriously now!

Lots of things but right now I will go with another horrific double ear infection episode. More like terrified.

My Turn:

What would you tell yourself five years ago if you had the opportunity? Five years from now?

I would tell the five year younger Lyko to break up with him. Now.

I would tell the five year older Lyko to get cracking because I will be the magic age required by the UN to apply for an NGO. Oh, and to hang on to him. Tightly.

:)

If you told me, then you'd have to kill me, right? Man, some people on this website have the coolest names. Serafina is sweet. Though I'm sure you know that. I don't know if it's fair to ask you a question here, so I'll just ask it on your other thread. But no social networking stuff, for real? I almost don't believe that. The world needs more green-tea drinking mania! And while I can't help you much with produce, I know plenty about Apples. Here's hoping you've sucessfully set yours up. As one who hates winter, I fully empathize with your lack of enthusiasm.

Double ear infection? How unlucky can you be?

Very interesting question (and of course, it raises a few of my own, but again...)

So what would I tell myself...hm.

Dear Adam: This fall, you're going to fall in love. Or I've always believed that's what it was, so you will too. The salient point is: that's not going to go anywhere, and you're going to have to take down your entire blog for making a fool of yourself publicly. What's done is done for me, in this timeline, but you have the chance to create a new future, and I encourage you to do so, by NOT PUBLISHING THAT STUFF YOU WRITE FOR HER. (But it's pretty good, so feel free to write it in secret). People, it turns out, do read your blog (which you should totally switch over to Wordpress, so you can see pageviews...Blogger doesn't get good until later). Write with those silent listeners in mind....Stick with theatre; it serves you well. Listen to Professor Craig, because it took me two years to follow her advice and I just looked silly for having doubted it. Stop watching The West Wing after Season Three. Follow all my advice. Or ignore it. Either way, you'll turn out alright. Everything happens.

Yes, that's a Doctor Horrible reference.

Older self is a little harder, because I can look back and see that five years ago I was super-clueless (reminds me of an RvB sketch about tattoos).

Dear Dr. Bogert: I'm going to be very upset with myself if I addressed this incorrectly. Let's presume you haven't disappointed us. Anyhow, we both know that very little of what I think right now matters to you. I won't deign to give advice. But you should know what was once important to you, the things you worried about. Have you figured out the situation with Mom and Dad? Do you still talk to Josh and Rachel? Did OSU shake our faith, or enshrine it? What's her name? What does she look like? What did she ever see in you? Do you still love walking in the rain?

Right now, you're happy. Apprehensive, for sure, but who can blame you. This is going to be pretty big. But you think you're ready. Hopefully you are. Hopefully we are. Godspeed, my friend.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By lykopis

@akbogert said:

If you told me, then you'd have to kill me, right?

Dear Dr. Bogert: I'm going to be very upset with myself if I addressed this incorrectly. Let's presume you haven't disappointed us. Anyhow, we both know that very little of what I think right now matters to you. I won't deign to give advice. But you should know what was once important to you, the things you worried about. Have you figured out the situation with Mom and Dad? Do you still talk to Josh and Rachel? Did OSU shake our faith, or enshrine it? What's her name? What does she look like? What did she ever see in you? Do you still love walking in the rain?

Right now, you're happy. Apprehensive, for sure, but who can blame you. This is going to be pretty big. But you think you're ready. Hopefully you are. Hopefully we are. Godspeed, my friend.

Just asking that brings you precariously close to injury. >_>

@akbogert said:

But no social networking stuff, for real? I almost don't believe that. The world needs more green-tea drinking mania!

Well, to be fair, last bit of high school taught me the horrors of social networking sites. I pretty much detest FaceBook and refuse to partake in twitter. Sending out a tweet or a poke is hardly keeping in touch when it comes to friends - much rather spend whatever time I have with those that actually mean something to me and me to them in person preferably. I don't like the phone, resent the "need" for a mobile one of which anyone who knows me is aware because I a) don't answer it b) hardly reply to texts c) never retrieve voice messages and d) always forget to have it charged. I treat it more as a tool to be used in an emergency -- which is what a family member told me in order to coerce me into having one.

Very interesting question (and of course, it raises a few of my own, but again...)

So what would I tell myself...hm.

Dear Adam: This fall, you're going to fall in love. Or I've always believed that's what it was, so you will too. The salient point is: that's not going to go anywhere, and you're going to have to take down your entire blog for making a fool of yourself publicly. What's done is done for me, in this timeline, but you have the chance to create a new future, and I encourage you to do so, by NOT PUBLISHING THAT STUFF YOU WRITE FOR HER. (But it's pretty good, so feel free to write it in secret). People, it turns out, do read your blog (which you should totally switch over to Wordpress, so you can see pageviews...Blogger doesn't get good until later). Write with those silent listeners in mind....Stick with theatre; it serves you well. Listen to Professor Craig, because it took me two years to follow her advice and I just looked silly for having doubted it. Stop watching The West Wing after Season Three. Follow all my advice. Or ignore it. Either way, you'll turn out alright. Everything happens.

Yes, that's a Doctor Horrible reference.

Older self is a little harder, because I can look back and see that five years ago I was super-clueless (reminds me of an RvB sketch about tattoos).

Phenomenal answers! Oh wow -- just so much to learn from that and I love your attitude. Well done. :)

akbogert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By akbogert

@lykopis: You flatter me. I'm by far one of the least interesting people I know. I was quite serious when I said this was all just a ruse to learn more about others...I hope you and others continue to fall into my (not all that) clever trap.

*grins maliciously*

You're not the first person I've heard speak with such disdain for phones, for like reasons (though most of them still had Facebook accounts, though they hated those too). I'll admit I'm curious, in a hopefully-not-taken-as-sadistic sort of way, as to these horrors about which high school educated you.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By lykopis

@akbogert:

Not too dramatic --- had a Facebook account, used it chronically --- felt chained to it because without it, I would miss out on what the heck was going on with everyone. Going to school without being aware what was going on on Facebook all night? Might as well been MIA for months -- catching up would take me until third period. That's not it though --- once you are blacklisted and targeted, it's instantaneous with Facebook. Everyone has 500 friends plus --- everyone's status' are instantly "liked" and paraphrased in other's status' and then liked and so on and so on. Within five days I went from "nice girl" to "whore". Fighting back was the worse thing I could have done -- most people like to see dramatic falls down the social ladder, deserved or not. I think it's more "better her than me" attitude, but oh well. Things only work out on the Disney Channel. Cyber Bullying is pretty bad - it motivated me to get involved and thankfully I had an opportunity to get away from those who instigated and perpetuated that whole ugly business.

You can fight back in school, work -- wherever. But not online. You will never, ever win. It's the nature of the beast, so to speak.

akbogert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By akbogert

@lykopis: :(

Aside from disseminating information, links, videos, and photographs, I don't much use Facebook. I rarely have actual conversations there in any form; merely comments on some article or picture a friend happens to have shared. I hear what you're saying about feeling tethered or bound; that's a big reason people have for deleting theirs, and I know a lot of folks who feel their life is less stressful because of it. It's useful for getting one thing out to lots of people (like photos), and for sending invitations to things/keeping track of RSVPs, but aside from that it's a cluttered, stressful nightmare. That said, I think it's fair to say that Facebook and other networks can be nice if used carefully, in small doses, and only with people with whom you really feel comfortable being connected in that way. In fact, all else being equal, I think I singlehandedly justify my continued usage with the photo-sharing thing.

Your situation sounds fairly terrible. I know people, particularly girls it seems, are pretty flippant with the way they use the word "whore." It's incredible how easily it's used and how difficultly it's expunged. And it's quite true that the Internet spreads a ton of damaging misinformation so quickly as to almost make it factual (amazing how many stories have to be "corrected" or redacted because they were based on complete fabrications). With the news, at least there's the risk of tarnishing the reputation of the organization which helps prevent too much faulty defamation, but with social networks it does seem there's a lot more "oh well, oops" than "oh dear god what have we done we're so sorry how can we make this up to you." I'm glad you were able to turn it into a positive experience though. Extreme catalysts can produce impressive reactions.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By lykopis

@akbogert:

Now that I can understand entirely. I think also in terms of keeping in touch with people far away and family -- Facebook can be wonderful. That goes for twitter etc because it can make you feel less lonely and apart from everyone. As long as people are aware of what's at stake. Most of us just click on the I ACCEPT for terms and conditions on these sites but many times you are handing over what you share on a website over to the website itself. Like Instagram --- had it not made the news that come this year, all photos uploaded to the site could be used by the website to sell to third party sources, no one would have noticed. Some were shocked they were allowed to do that in the first place yet people who do reviews on here and share fan-fiction may not be aware that should ComicVine want to -- they could sell them to third party companies and there would be no compensation made to the user. Not that they would -- and not that the user would be challenged should they take the same review/blog/fanfiction and sold it to someone --- but they can be. That's the point.

It's why we have advertisements hitting us on here that are geared to us location-wise. ComicVine is making money on this. On us. And by visiting the site -- we are allowing them to.

This is a good topic to get into somewhere. Lots of interesting tidbits most people may not be aware of. I am not sure if we are allowed to talk about ComicVine since they just recently got purchased by CBS which began these advertising pop-ups but still --- places like Facebook - twitter --- Youtube -- this happens everywhere.

Avatar image for mrdecepticonleader
mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What is Your real name?

I am not going to reveal that here.Okay my first name begins with W,work it out there aren't that many English spoken names beginning with that letter. :P

What is your name on here all about?

Well it goes back to my love for Transformers and here is the definition of Decepticon leader.

Among the Decepticons, there is one guiding principle: rule of the strong. Whereas the leader of the Autobots consults his subordinates, the strongest and the most powerful Decepticon leads, and everyone else is expected to follow without question. But strength of body is not enough. One must also have the brains to lead, the intelligence to outwit their rivals and plan their victories. Thus, the Decepticon leader is the strongest and smartest of their ranks.

I wanted to find a more interesting sounding name rather than just a name like Megatron0111 you get the idea.

Yep. I don't have a twitter or Facebook though.

Not really sure some peace and quiet I think.

Eh don't know

I have come to fear about loosing loved ones,I have lost people and just fear going through the process again.I am also afraid of falling from heights not heights themselves but the falling part

Myself from five years ago

"Don't let them get to you,don't take their petty insults to heart,be strong and be yourself" Something along those lines,I was bullied abominably through out school.

The future me I honestly don't know,the future is unpredictable.Maybe "Continue being who you are" something like that maybe.

akbogert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By akbogert

@mrdecepticonleader: Hey, that's pretty cool about your name. I'll admit, my only knowledge of Transformers is from the movies (i only watched the first and third). I apologize for that. I hear they've been making some sweet games lately though.

It's funny you mention not fearing heights but fearing falling. I don't know if I have quite the same fear, but I always had a problem with going up, not with being up. When visiting Niagara Falls as a child, they have one of those Space Needle-type towers with the elevator on the outside of the tower so you can look out as you rise. My parents literally had to drag me into the elevator. I was petrified. BUT once we were up there, I was all about looking over the edge, and on the way down I pressed up against the glass. So I know I don't fear heights, but something related to them. I take it you're not a fan of amusement parks?

And losing people is, I think, a very rational thing to fear, particularly if you still feel the sting of loss. It sucks that people have to go through it. And it sucks a lot that people have to deal with bullying. I'm really sorry to hear that you went through that; my school life was mercifully without memorable incident. Seems there's a trend here of folks whose high school years were hardly the best ones of their lives.

Thanks for hopping in here! Any new questions? No pressure, just figured I'd ask.

Avatar image for mrdecepticonleader
mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@akbogert said:

@mrdecepticonleader: Hey, that's pretty cool about your name. I'll admit, my only knowledge of Transformers is from the movies (i only watched the first and third). I apologize for that. I hear they've been making some sweet games lately though.

It's funny you mention not fearing heights but fearing falling. I don't know if I have quite the same fear, but I always had a problem with going up, not with being up. When visiting Niagara Falls as a child, they have one of those Space Needle-type towers with the elevator on the outside of the tower so you can look out as you rise. My parents literally had to drag me into the elevator. I was petrified. BUT once we were up there, I was all about looking over the edge, and on the way down I pressed up against the glass. So I know I don't fear heights, but something related to them. I take it you're not a fan of amusement parks?

And losing people is, I think, a very rational thing to fear, particularly if you still feel the sting of loss. It sucks that people have to go through it. And it sucks a lot that people have to deal with bullying. I'm really sorry to hear that you went through that; my school life was mercifully without memorable incident. Seems there's a trend here of folks whose high school years were hardly the best ones of their lives.

Thanks for hopping in here! Any new questions? No pressure, just figured I'd ask.

Maybe its a similar thing,are you scared of going up because of falling? If not maybe its just something related to them.I know there is a term for every phobia/fear even really silly ones like long words.

Yeah its one of the worst things in the world and every one will go through it at one point at least. And yeah it does,though I am more glad that I wasn't the one doing the bullying and it is behind me now.

Yeah I was going to post a question but I cant think of a good one.When I do I will post one.

akbogert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By akbogert

Bump for great justice boredom.

Aiden Cross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#20  Edited By Aiden Cross

What's your actual name? First name is Emiel, the last part you can Google... i'm on the 536th page :P

What's your name here all about? Honestly, just wanted a nice sounding name. It's actually the name of a character for a book i'm trying to write. I did Cross as in double cross.. so you know what kind of character he is ;)

Do you exist elsewhere on the Internet? Yes, i do! Mostly on Dutch forums for a news site because i love having discussions. Social media and all that i don't really use.. i have accounts for most but i don't use them, just to keep up to date on changes with that medium because i do use them for my field of work =) (hence i know the dangers of it and how it's being used so i'm a bit more careful with it)

What are you most excited about right now? Turning over a new leaf. Making some changes in my life that'll turn out for the better to be the person i really am ;)

What are you least excited about right now?Honestly, right now i'm really looking forward to things. I can't name one thing that would really cause me to worry. I've had a difficult couple of years but all that is behind me now, i've realized a couple of things and done away with the past ;)

What's are you most afraid of? Horror movies, seriously.. i'm a sissy when it comes to that. >_>

Other questions!

Being the person you are today, what would your 10 year old self think of you about the person you are now? For me, i'm not sure.. i think my 10 year old self would be a little bit dissapointed that i wasn't more adventurous (as all kids of that age hope they would be). =)

What is something you really hope to achieve in life one day, what would make your life 'perfect' (only name ONE thing ;p) I think for me it would be to be a 100% comfortable with who i am. =)

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

#21  Edited By Samimista

@Aiden Cross: I really thought your name was Aiden Cross lol. I'll probably answer to this thread in a bit for the fun of it. =D

Aiden Cross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Aiden Cross

@Samimista: hahaha :P no, but i like the name better though :P

akbogert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By akbogert

@Aiden Cross: Well, Cross tells me what kind of character, but not what kind of book :P I'd love to hear more!

Any particular stimulus drive you towards this new leaf? Glad to hear life's turning around for you.

I'm not big on horror, myself, at least not slasher or gory movies. Suspense/psychological horror i'm pretty good with though, and I've begun reading through everything (well, the good stuff anyway) by Stephen King, whom I admire as a writer. My dad loves horror films though, so I've had more than I'd ever have wanted to in my life, just as matter of coincidence.

But questions!

Well, ten year-old me wanted to be a writer, of novels. As I haven't written anything resembling fiction, let alone a novel, in many years, that might bug him. To be honest, I don't even remember what I was like then. I've changed so much, in so many incredibly important ways, that he and I have little in common, and his opinion wouldn't matter to me. Haha. Is that bad? *shrug* The one thing I regret having lost since then, and the thing he would be upset about, is a certain love for and attachment to nature, and thus natural science. I'd tell him I had moved onto other things and he would tell me that was stupid, that there's no reason I couldn't love climbing trees and reading about the Amazon wildlife while still doing all the other things I love. And frankly, I'm not sure he'd be wrong.

I'm going to cop-out a bit and link you to the "bucket list" post I was led to write last year to answer the first part of the question. I honestly don't think there's anything I can accomplish that will make my life "perfect" (and frankly I'm not even sure what a perfect life even means). But I'm going to say "love." If I could truly love, that would fix everything. Because we are told by Christ to love our neighbors, or enemies, everyone, as ourselves. If I could love myself, I could also love others. I'd forgive me, and forgive other people. I don't believe humans are capable of love in that purest of senses, because we are blinded by bias and guilt and anger and a whole slew of things. But I know there are massive strides I could make towards reflecting love better, and so I'm going to go with that.

akbogert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By akbogert

@Samimista: DO IT! DO IT!

@Aiden Cross: Fictional names are often cooler, if for no other reason than our ability to pick all the parts rather than being dealt them. There are a couple folks on this board who were blessed with outstandingly cool names though.

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Samimista

What's your actual name?

Samantha's my first name, last name I usually keep hushed online. Fun Fact though: I was named after Samantha from Bewitched.

Growing up I'd watch General Hospital with my mother. One of my favorite characters Maxie Jones nickname was Maximista. I never really see anyone online use nicknames similar to that so I just took the first three letters of my name and came up with Samimista which stuck with me since.

I used to be on many forums when I was young but nowadays I really stick to here. I do Let's Play's on Youtube though; http://www.youtube.com/samimista

Sleeping over at my biological dad's next Saturday. He moved down here (in Florida) last month and lives three hours away. While that sounds like a lot it's better than him living in New York like he did before. I'll be seeing his place down here for the first time.

I'll have to get back on this. Really content with life at the moment.

Honestly? What happens after death. Even though I'm young what happens afterwards has been on my mind for awhile. 0.o Hard to believe what really happens.

Aiden Cross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Aiden Cross

@akbogert: Well, it's in a apocalyptic setting, i always think those makes for the most interesting stories because it changes peoples morals and values. They go to extremes they would never do otherwise in order to survive =)

I've had a couple of revelations lately =) Not going to say too much on the subject because it's a bit private and don't feel the need to share with everyone, hope you don't mind ;)

Yeah, like Thrillers i'm fine with but true horror is just not my thing. I have bad memories... when i was young i was going to the cinema on my bike (yes, dutch people do everything on a bicycle ;p) to meet up with friends there. We watched a horror move and i had to cycle home.. miles... alone in the dark, in badly illuminated areas... gah don't think i ever was that scared in my life :P

Hahaha no it's not bad, we all change over time and it's a good thing we do. But i also think you should never forget where you came from and it's never a bad thing to reflect on your life =) And the nature thing, well i think he'd have a point there. If it's something you've always been interested in ;) I do love nature myself, i love going for walks on the beach on a cold day or go to the woods with the dog. Unfortunately you hardly have any places in my country where you can be truly alone, there is always someone around.

And the things on your bucket list are awesome! And very much achieveable if you put in the work! :D I've been skydiving myself, it's pretty awesome and not nearly as scary as it looks (except when you look down from the plane...). You should do it!! And your choice of love is a good one. I think if we all loved ourself it would be a lot easier to love each other.. because people would feel less of a need to talk others down in order to make themselves feel better.

akbogert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By akbogert

@Samimista: In reverse order:

That quite makes sense. Death is the one thing no one can tell us about. The people who claim to have been dead for awhile and come back, no one seems to believe them. Religion can provide comfort, but only if you really believe it (you can't just pretend to believe it and still be comforted by it, sadly). I wish you well in finding answers (and if you'd ever like to discuss Christianity, just shoot me a message ^_^).

So many people seem to copping out with the "not excited" thing, but I guess I cheated too when I answered. Being happy with life's always good though.

That's really cool. New York is a bit of a hike from Florida (otherwise I'd have been to Disney World far more often in my life). I can't imagine how excited you are for the chance to spend more time with him.

Ooh. I don't usually walk many walkthrough vids (on account of having either already played the game, or planning to play it, or not being interested). But I'll be sure to watch one or two just to see what yours are like.

We've talked about soaps a little bit. Fun fact: I was in a waiting room a couple days ago and there was a soap opera on. I watched a bit of it (it was almost over) just because I remembered it having been brought up by you (though I have no idea what was going on, and everyone looks hilariously nervous).

I've seen maybe two episodes of Bewitched in my life. But it's cool to know precisely what your namesake is!

@Aiden Cross: Aye, I suppose that is something we as humans are always interested in exploring. It seems no matter how much hope we have in society to advance, most people agree that humans, when brought to their core, would be a lot more like animals than gods.

I'd ask which horror movie, but I don't want to traumatize you all over again :P

Solitude is indeed a rarity in this world. Emotionally, not so much, but physically -- actually being able to get away from all marks of a human world? It's very hard to come by.

I've always thought skydiving seemed much less scary than bungee jumping. I don't really know why...maybe because when you're closer to the ground, it seems to be moving faster? But yeah, I plan to do it at some point. Probably should be a little healthier first. Glad you enjoyed the list!

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Samimista

Thank you my friend. ^__^ I may not know what happens after death but I'm starting to accept that it's inevitable for us and it's more important to live life rather than thinking of death. But even so I'm very interested in theories.

Especially driving distance. 0.0 It's like a day or two days drive. Haven't been to NY in a few years though. I'd personally go there to see the city and etc but my mom would probably want to see her crazy side of the family that resides in NY. I was born in NY but was really young when I moved so I don't know what's there and etc.

Ah Disney. That's over an hour where I live. Usually during the summer mom and I go to their marketplace which has free parking. The amusement park I'm unsure if I'll be able to go to with my epilepsy. We went before the seizures and etc. I personally loved it though. Especially the Winnie the Pooh ride. There's a new expansion called Fantasy Land with Belle's cottage that I'd love to go to since Belle's my favorite Princess. ^__^

LOL! I admit I don't watch soap operas that much anymore but the acting and lines can be real funny at times. xD That is cool though.

My grandmother's the one who named me. She actually died before I was born so I never met her but my mother asked what she wanted my name to be and she was a Bewitched fan. If it wasn't for that I would of been named Priscilla after Priscilla Presley. Bit funny since my dad's dog is named Priscilla now. xD

akbogert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By akbogert

@Samimista: Would you like the name Priscilla more/less than you like Samantha?

Food for thought: As a Christian, I don't believe in death. I believe in a soul which lives forever beyond its physical body's termination (what we generally call death). As C.S. Lewis put it: (EDIT: turns out may not have actually said...but I like the phrasing) "You don't have a soul. You are a soul. You have a body." To that end, thinking about life after death is important, because your decisions on this side affect the quality of your existence on the other side.

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Samimista

@akbogert: To be honest I really like the name Priscilla. It sounds so unique. ^_^ Though I don't know what nickname you could make out of it. xD Samantha I'm growing to like the older I'm getting but I feel more like a Sam or Sammy. xD

That really is a lovely thought. Energy can't be destroyed so that's what also makes me wonder what happens. It's amazing how life is full of these mysterious wonders would could never truly figure out. It's like the soul is who we truly are while our physical body is our shell that protects our true self.

akbogert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By akbogert

@Samimista: Aye, it is quite a lot to think about. Just wanted to make sure as you explore the different things people believe in, you also measure the implications of them being right or wrong :)

And all I can think of is "Prissy," and that wouldn't do at all.

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Samimista

@akbogert: LOL! Certainly not a nickname to have. xD I could see Elvis teasing Priscilla with that when she was in a bad mood. I always find it interesting to hear others takes on something. It's fun hearing about different cultures and etc since that's what the world is about. ^__^

akbogert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By akbogert

Bump, partly due to boredom, but primarily because I've found this thread quite insightful (though I wish it didn't seem like hubris to encourage people to post here -- keep in mind you don't have to ask anything about me if you don't want to :P)