the 9/11 thread

• 64 results
magnablue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

I'm surprised I haven't seen one of these yet. But if there is one then tell let me know. But I'm making this to honor everyone who died that day. Also what do you remember from then? Personally I don't remember anything from then because I was only 4 when it happened.

Avatar image for ssjdarthplagueis
SSJDarthPlagueis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

What I remembered was my school letting everyone go home early that day. Then when I got home my mother had the news on, and I saw what had happen.

Avatar image for knightsofdarkness2
Knightsofdarkness2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wasn't even born at the time. Lol

Edit: It's an inside joke from a pm. I'm older.

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I remember watching cartoons on tv and then they interrupted every programm to give the news and I remember being annoyed because I couldn't watch cartoons anymore(I was like 4 years old, it took a while to understand the importance and the seriousness of what had happened that day).

Today we sang three songs at school to honor the victims of the event.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veitha said:

I remember watching cartoons on tv and then they interrupted every programm to give the news and I remember being annoyed because I couldn't watch cartoons anymore(I was like 4 years old, it took a while to understand the importance and the seriousness of what had happened that day).

Aren't you from Italy? They're honoring 9/11 over there?

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Veitha

@wolverine08 said:

@veitha said:

Aren't you from Italy? They're honoring 9/11 over there?

I think it was just my class and some others with our English teachers. It's one of those tragedies that is felt everywhere I guess

KittyParker13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By KittyParker13

I was at school when I found out...My teacher told the class. It was pretty upsetting as I lived in an area with a lot of army families. I went to a private school, so we prayed for them.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

I was on a school trip, saw footage in a TV store with Terminator 2 playing on a set next to it.

magnablue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

lol.

I didn't even remember today was 9/11 until just now.

Blade_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Blade_R

IIRC I was in 3rd grade and in school, then my friend Dylan got picked up early for a dentist appointment, then his parents dropped him back off later and he started talking about how he saw a plane crash into a building or something on t.v and none of us really knew what he was talking about and then when I got home I remember seeing it all over t.v that day, but not for long as the 6:00 episode of DBZ was coming on Toonami and I refused to miss it.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was off that day from school... I think I had a doctor's appointment or something... I remember seeing it on TV though... Crazy Facking Day.

Homer_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All I remembered was that I came from school and was ready to watch my cartoons, but none of them weren't on, just the news playing

Avatar image for superlightning123
Superlightning123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't Remember.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 the_stegman  Moderator
HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I was in middle school when this happened. Thought it was a movie they were showing, but it was real. I was paranoid the rest of the day thinking about how it could happen here in L.A.

magnablue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was in middle school when this happened. Thought it was a movie they were showing, but it was real. I was paranoid the rest of the day thinking about how it could happen here in L.A.

Fallingcliffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Fallingcliffs

Always a day of to remember. Especially here in NY. R.I.P. to those who died on 9/11. I was working my first real job at the time, then went home as it was happening.

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#19  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

I was in school, none of our teachers told us what happened. I found out when my grandpa picked me up from school.

Rouflex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Rouflex

I cant remember clearly... I think i didnt evan care at the time (I'm not saying its wasnt tragic).

BlueBeetle1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

11th grade accounting class. The teacher turned on the tv as the achool office made a school wide announcement. I remember being sad and furious.

RIP to all who passed away. And condolences to any of you who had family or friends murdered that day.

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was watching the T.V.

SunDeep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By SunDeep

I vividly remember 9/11; not so much because of the event itself, but because of my personal experience immediately prior to it. I went on a family vacation to NYC in August 2001, returning to the UK at the start of September 2001- and we actually visited the WTC Top Of the World observation deck a couple of days before leaving, roughly two weeks prior to 9/11. I vividly remember experiencing extreme nausea for the entire duration of my visit to the WTC site- which was most severe in the elevator as I passed between the 77th and 85th floors (of the South Tower), both on my way up and on my way down. I then looked out across Hudson Bay from the observation deck; and I received an intense vision of a jet airliner flying in low from across the bay, plunging into the tower beneath us. I then asked my mother, "Do you think that an airplane could crash into the building?" She replied that she didn't think it could happen, but she was getting bad vibes from the place as well, so we left early.

Two weeks later, back in the UK, I watched the aftermath of the first impact on the news (on a TV in a school classroom, with plenty of my classmates) and I told them all about the vision I'd had when I was there two weeks earlier- before, moments later, the exact plane that I'd had the vision of, carrying the same recognizable United Airlines livery which I'd seen on the plane in my vision (which I wasn't the slightest bit familiar with, and which I could only recall having ever seen before in my vision) came swooping in across the TV screen and smashed into the tower, doing its kamikaze run on the exact same vector that I'd seen it come in on in my vision. Suffice it to say that the sight of my grim prediction coming true before their eyes led to me being cast out and cut off from any social interaction (besides bullying, of course) by the rest of the class- followed by the rest of my year, the entire student body of my school and soon all of the teachers themselves, with the story swiftly spreading to every classroom and around the staff room within the week, which led to me being labelled as a creepy freak-of-nature.

BullPR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By BullPR

I was on vacation with my fiancée. I received a phone call and thought it was a joke; then I opened the TV...

First day of the 21th century for me.

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I was watching the news not knowing what the hell was going on.

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

#26  Edited By TheCannon

I was only 2 when it happened, so I don't remember where I was or what I did.

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was in third grade and all the teachers were trippin

Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was to young to remember.

Beata

DoctorXander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#29  Edited By DoctorXander

No memories of it, but apparently when we went to our town show about a month later I got really freaked out when the fireworks were done, which we think was because of seeing the planes hit the towers

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@sundeep: I don't even know what to say to you. That must have been so freaky.

SunDeep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ms-lola said:

@sundeep: I don't even know what to say to you. That must have been so freaky.

Kind of. It certainly felt freaky when I was there, at the WTC. The ominous, foreboding vibes which I could feel, most intense when I was passing through those floors in the elevator, but still echoing out from every corner of the building, palpable every moment which I was there- I loved heights, and I'd been looking forward to the visit so much, but once I was there, I couldn't wait to leave. But I'd experienced prophetic visions and dreams before in my childhood, so that element of the experience wasn't all that freaky for me. And personally, it meant that 9/11 didn't really have a big impact on me when I saw it happening- for me, watching the second plane hit the South Tower live on TV, the moment which shocked most people most of all, was like watching replay footage, because I'd already seen it happening.

magnablue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Never forget

The_Shogun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was in gym class when we found out. We all stood outside the coaches office trying to see his little TV in the corner where the news was playing. Its one of those memories that's like a frozen moment of time.

Never forget.

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think I was in third or fourth grade and all the teachers gathered in the room I was currently in because it had a TV on the news. Later on I tried to watch cartoons but only the news was on EVERY channel. It was crazy

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Noone301994
Never forget.
Never forget.

Avatar image for the_caped_crusader
The_Caped_Crusader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't remember.

Frocharocha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was only like 5 back then.

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was almost a party in my country. Keep in mind it was less than 2 years after the bombing of Belgrade.

Spiderman1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey I just realized that today is 9/11. I don't really know as I was born in Turkey and was 4 years old at that time.

skyroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#41  Edited By skyroid

I was too young to remember but I know a firefighter who had retired but when it happened he went to clear the debris and look for bodies and trying to help out. But now He has very bad lung problem and his voice is very low and hard to hear (because of debris I was told) he hates talking about 9/11 but does once in a while. I also heard he had a daughter but he never mentions it to anyone(saw a picture of him and his wife and a little girl). I always wondered if he saw his daughter's body in the debris.

Whenever I hear the term hero the firefighter comes up in my mind

Incursion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

23dhjyt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I live in NY but I don't really remember anything since I was born about 3 months after

VoloErgoMalus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was quite young. I remember the son of a military officer who was in my class grimly telling us that "my dad says that World War III has already started." He was right, in a way. But it has been a long, unconventional war, quite unlike the modern holocausts of the 20th century.

pipxeroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

Terrortuga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#46  Edited By Terrortuga
No Caption Provided

Avatar image for thenaughtytitan
TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wasn't even born at the time. Lol

Whoa, we got us a youngin over here!

:P

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#48  Edited By nefarious

I was too young to understand what was going on.

sabracadabra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was home when it happened.I had just woken up and the first thing i see is the planes crashing into the towers. To say i was shocked would be an understatement.

Space_Coyote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I was in college. I was getting ready for class when I saw it happen on the news. When I got to class we found out all classes had been cancelled for the day.