The 5 Greatest Ladies in Fighting Games. Agree or Disagree?

• 124 results
jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By jhazzroucher

The 5 greatest ladies in fighting games.

The common thing about these 5 ladies on my list is that they all have appeared to more than 5 fighting games cos for me that should also be considered to be certain that these female characters are well-known/popular in fighting games.

1. Chun-Li - the only lady in Street Fighter II - The World Warrior video game, Chun-Li has come a long way. And she's been in a lot of fighting video games. Chun Li has almost always been where Ryu is. She has earned the top spot as the most popular Female Fighter for her unique amazing moves like the Hyakuretsu Kyaku and the spinning bird kick. She even had a movie of her own. In conclusion, Chun-Li is the Queen of Fighting Games

2. Morrigan - Ask anyone who likes Morrigan and they'll tell you cos she's beautiful and sexy which explains why she is considered to be the most beautiful character in fighting games history. Morrigan, a succubus whom most people thought was the main character of Darkstalkers, has appeared in multiple fighting video games and is one of the most unforgettable and one of the most recognizeable ladies, just behind Chun-Li.

3. Storm - Ororo Munroe, member of the Uncanny X-Men and the most popular black comic character. The white-haired weather manipulator currently holds the record for a comic-book based female having the most number of appearances in video games (30+ games). Storm is known as a character who could fly in 8 different directions, famous fly away to build meter, spammable typhoon and her noisy commands, and was said to be one of the best characters to use in X-Men vs Street Fighter and Marvel vs Capcom 2.

4. Cammy - Cammy has a unique moveset that makes her more memorable than most ladies from Street Fighter. She often appears in fighting games too. She's definitely 2nd greatest female in Street Fighter.

5. Felicia - A sexy blue-haired woman who looks like a cat is almost nude. She may not be as likeable as Morrigan, but she has earned the 4th spot for showing up on a lot of fighting games and her personality too.

Honorable mentions: Nina from Tekken, Sakura from Street Fighter, Kitana and Sonya from Mortal Kombat, Mai Shiranui from King of Fighters, Hsien-Ko from Darkstalkers, Tron Bonne from Mega Man, Rogue and Psylocke from X-men

who agrees with my list?

Any female character/s from fighting games that I should mention?

RainEffect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By RainEffect

Storm - Ororo Munroe, member of the Uncanny X-Men and the most popular black comic character.

Just couldn't resist, could you?
cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By cattlebattle

I am convinced the OP is the most ridiculous human alive

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

Sorry, but Storm doesn't belong in this. Shouldn't this list be for characters that were created for fighting games? I'd swap her out with Kitana or Sonya.

CrimsonCake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By CrimsonCake

Storm also appeared in Marvel Nemesis:Rise of the imperfects.

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

Storm? Really? No.....

RainEffect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By RainEffect
@BiteMe-Fanboy said:

Sorry, but Storm doesn't belong in this. Shouldn't this list be for characters that were created for fighting games? I'd swap her out with Kitana or Sonya.

This is Jhazzroucher trying his/her/it's hardest to get out of the Storm forum and tell EVERYONE that they love Storm. Seriously, it is getting beyond ridiculous.

@cattlebattle said:
I've never seen them make a thread which doesn't have Storm in it somewhere.
Mutant God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Mutant God

Ling Xiaoyu instead of Lili

Thirteen13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Thirteen13
@RainEffect said:

Storm - Ororo Munroe, member of the Uncanny X-Men and the most popular black comic character.

@cattlebattle said:
LMAO.
cyberninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

#10  Edited By cyberninja

For the last time, GET YOUR ASS BACK IN STORM FORUM!

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By jhazzroucher

@Mutant God said:

Ling Xiaoyu instead of Lilida

i'm not really sure who are the top 3 popular girls in Tekken. but i really think Lili is one of them cos she's kinda unforgettable.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By jhazzroucher

@RainEffect said:

@BiteMe-Fanboy said:

This is Jhazzroucher trying his/her/it's hardest to get out of the Storm forum and tell EVERYONE that they love Storm. Seriously, it is getting beyond ridiculous.

@cattlebattle said:
I've never seen them make a thread which doesn't have Storm in it somewhere.

come on guys. I believe Storm deserves to be on the list. She is a popular fighting game character.

If i was only doing this because i'm her loyal fan, i would have placed her on top. But i know she isn't though I wanted to.

@CrimsonCake said:

Storm also appeared in Marvel Nemesis:Rise of the imperfects.

True. a fighting game too.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#13  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

1.Samus 
2.Princess Peach 
3.Zelda 
4.Chun-Li 
5.Roll 

That's how this list should look

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By jhazzroucher

@Vance Astro said:

1.Samus 2.Princess Peach 3.Zelda 4.Chun-Li 5.Roll That's how this list should look

My list then is better. hehehehe : )

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@jhazzroucher said:

@Vance Astro said:

1.Samus 2.Princess Peach 3.Zelda 4.Chun-Li 5.Roll That's how this list should look

RainEffect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By RainEffect
@jhazzroucher: Seriously, have you ever stopped to wonder why you receive so much hate outside of the Storm forum? It is because you are physically incapable of making a thread that doesn't involve Storm. Every single thread I've ever seen you make has something to do with Storm. I mean, look at this:

@cyberninja said:
You want to know why cyberninja said that? Because you are considered the most irritating user on the entire board. Learn to stop talking about Storm and, instead, talk about something else. Don't include Storm, don't even mention the X-men. Just talk about ANYTHING else.

It is the only way you'll stop receiving hate.
Inverno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 6

#17  Edited By Inverno

1. Nina Williams from Tekken

2. Sonya Blade from Mortal Kombat

3. Juri from Street Fighter IV

4. Morrigan from Darkstalkers

5. Litchi from Blazblue

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#18  Edited By Saren

Only one of your lists has Juri, therefore only one of your lists is valid.

lagoon_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#19  Edited By lagoon_boy

Duke_Nasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#20  Edited By Duke_Nasty

Wonder Woman and Catwoman have both appeared in games and are much more popular than Storm.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Blood1991

For once I see nothing wrong with Storm being on a lady fighters list. Her tier in every marvel capcom crossover has made her a pretty popular fighting game character, but if we are going with ladies of fighting games "were created for fighting games" ten I would choose.

• 1. Chun Li "Street Fighter"
  • 2. Morrigan "Dark Stalkers"
  • 3. Sonya Blade 'Mortal Kombat"
  • 4. Nina Willliams- "Tekken"
  • 5. Ivy Valentine- Soul Calibur"
  • 6. Mai Shirinai "Fatal Fury"
  • 7. Cammy White- "Street Fighter"
  • 8. Kitana "Mortal Kombat"
  • 9. Felica "Dark Stalkers"
  • 10. Millia Rage "Guilty Gear"

If you have Samus on a list you can have Storm though this is his usual annoying Storm Promotion.

@cyberninja said:

From my understanding he was given a warning about spamming her forum, and if he gave a sh!t how annoyed everyone was with him he would have left CV years ago.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#22  Edited By Static Shock

Chun Li.

Blue Mary

King

Cammy

Mai Shiranui

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@jhazzroucher said:

@Vance Astro said:

I just noticed this said "fighting game" and not "video game".
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Static Shock

@Vance Astro said:

I just noticed this said "fighting game" and not "video game".

Roll was a secret character in Marvel vs Capcom. Samus and Peach were playable in Melee and Brawl. So, your list is fine.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Blood1991 said:

For once I see nothing wrong with Storm being on a lady fighters list. Her tier in every marvel capcom crossover has made her a pretty popular fighting game character, but if we are going with ladies of fighting games "were created for fighting games" ten I would choose.

I agree with this list more. I would say though that Kitana should be above Ivy and so should Mai & Cammy.I would also take Millia off and put in Kasumi from DOA.
Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Blood1991

@Vance Astro said:

@Blood1991 said:

I agree with this list more. I would say though that Kitana should be above Ivy and so should Mai & Cammy.I would also take Millia off and put in Kasumi from DOA.

I'm biased and love Millia, but your probably right.

• 5.Cammy White "Street Fighter"
  • 7. Kitana "Mortal Kombat"
  • 8. Ivy Vanetine "Soul Calibur"
  • 10. Kasumi "DOA"

I think it looks better this way too acctually. More definite.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Blood1991 said:

I'm biased and love Millia, but your probably right.

I understand. Luckily for me my favorite fighting game female is on the top of the list :)
jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By jhazzroucher

@Blood1991 said:

If you have Samus on a list you can have Storm though this is his usual annoying Storm Promotion.

@cyberninja said:

From my understanding he was given a warning about spamming her forum, and if he gave a sh!t how annoyed everyone was with him he would have left CV years ago.

But this isn't just about ladies being created for fighting games, it's about ladies making a difference even when there are more male characters in fighting games. This is about ladies who have given us a lasting impression, what made them unique and unforgettable.

But anyway, i respect your list.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#29  Edited By SC  Moderator

Geez is Comicvine the most oversensitive website on the internet? So we have a poster who just so happens to like a character so much they talk about them a lot, and that either offends or annoys people so much that they have to express it? They don't have the strength to just not care if they don't agree and just express that they don't agree, or list their own opinion on whatever topic at hand? We have dozens of posters on CV that troll, and a few that make borderline if not outright occasionally racist, sexist, homophobic or just plain out hateful remarks towards others, and yet its the guy who never says one malicious thing about anyone, despite being called out by over sensitives but never responds back as cutting, but just so happens to talk about a comic book character on a comic book website that rubs people the wrong way? Keep on being chill and relaxed jhazzroucher, unless I am mistaken and you like send rude PM replies to people lol, I am in awe of your patience. Okay my list.  

• 1. Chun Li 
  • 2. Sonya Blade
  • 3. Nina Williams
  • 4. Mai Shirinai  
  • 5. Taki 
NlGHTCRAWLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By NlGHTCRAWLER

@RainEffect said:

Give it a rest. We get you, you like Storm.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#32  Edited By poisonfleur

@RainEffect said:

You have to admit, she was top tier and arguably the best character in MVC2-- And that has to be one of the most epic fighting games-- ever! :D

NlGHTCRAWLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By NlGHTCRAWLER

@LadyLigeia said:

@RainEffect said:

You want to know why cyberninja said that? Because you are considered the most irritating user on the entire board. Learn to stop talking about Storm and, instead, talk about something else. Don't include Storm, don't even mention the X-men. Just talk about ANYTHING else.

Wow, this is one of the most mean-spirited comments I have ever come across. I came into this thread looking forward to reading other users' opinions on who they consider are top female fighters in games only to see the OP attacked for placing one of his/her (and yeah, nice touch with the "it" comment) favourite characters on the list. I have been reading these forums for a while now before joining this site and I am well aware of this constant hazing on the character of Storm based on some over-zealousness on some of her fans but really, this is too much.

Like some other poster mentioned, this is a comic book site. If the OP bothers you so much, then why come into any thread he/she creates? It's pathetic.

By the way, despite hitting my post limit I won't be replying back to anyone. It's disappointing enough to see fellow comic fans think its okay to outright attack another user.

As for my favourites, they are Chun Li, Nina, and Cammy.

Doesn't that post limit thing stop at 15? I'm pretty sure you're free to reply to anyone at anytime now.

Anywho, the OP is crazy. It may seem at first glance that our buddy here is being a complete douche nugget, but really he is spot on. Jhazz has trolled Comicvine far longer than you or even I have been here. Storm is a grey area here and knowing this, Jhazz still uses every opportunity he/she has to bring up Storm somehow in everything. If you visit the Battles page, you will get what I and everyone else is talking about. Storm this, Storm that... Storm is the best at everything and will beat anyone in a fight! Not every Storm fan is crazy **Apparently**, but most of them are and Jhazz is the king of the Storm Crazies. So this attacking is justified now that Jhazz has brought her/his Storm lovefest into the Off-Topic section with multiple Storm threads.

Avatar image for sesquipedalophobe
sesquipedalophobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's only a matter of time till Andrew gets a spot in a DC game and movies for the sake of showing everyone my love for sissy-boy vampires. I dub thee Blooddrops.

X35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 163

User Lists: 8

#35  Edited By X35

didn't even need to click the topic to know storm would rank some how

NlGHTCRAWLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By NlGHTCRAWLER

@X35 said:

didn't even need to click the topic to know storm would rank some how

Skills!

:P

RainEffect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By RainEffect
@LadyLigeia: You don't know who jhazzroucher is. This user is infamous on these boards as being the most obsessive compulsive person to ever hit the internet. Seriously, the poster is one of, if not the, most despised user on the forum. I respect the fact that you don't want to see such negativity, trust me, I do - but you need to know the full story. This person is beyond ridiculous, they are incapable of making a thread that doesn't involve Storm.

Seriously, Jhazz has made threads about he material of Storm's cape, whether she should be a man, whether a flea should be named after her (minor exagerration) - so much so that 40% of their posts get locked by Moderators, some of which are Storm fans.
RainEffect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By RainEffect
@SC: Don't act all high and mighty SC - you're no shining ray of light.
Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#39  Edited By Deranged Midget

@jhazzroucher said:

come on guys. I believe Storm deserves to be on the list. She is a popular fighting game character.

No she isn't... She lacks any appearances in true fighting games besides Marvel vs Capcom.

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#41  Edited By SoA

@jhazzroucher:

1. Chun-Li

2. Nina Williams

3.Sonya Blade

4. Sakura (street fighter)

5.Ling Xiaoyu

i dont believe marvel characters should be involved unless topic was greatest marvel females in fighting game history, also really ? lilli? did u just play the last 2 games ? lol

ragdollpurps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#42  Edited By ragdollpurps

Uhm... Back on topic... >.>

Just gonna list my top five favourites (excluding mvc2 Psylocke so I don't get accused of wanking):

1. Juri

2. Morrigan

3. Mai Shuranui

4. Taokaka

5. Kunimitsu

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#43  Edited By SC  Moderator
@RainEffect said:
@SC: Don't act all high and mighty SC - you're no shining ray of light.

This is exactly what I mean. According to you I act high and mighty, because I appeal to people to talk about the actual topics of a thread instead of the posters who make the thread? Instead of actually addressing me on that topic if you wished, (though i would recommend you sending me a private message, given its off topic) or even shock horror addressing the five female video game fighting characters topic, you would rather talk about people in a personal context?  

You know a few weeks ago I had to consul a fellow CV forum user contemplating suicide because they had a few personality quirks but some posters on CV were too ignorant or insensitive to realize and they considered their posting behavior worthy of mockery and insult? Great stuff right? People on a comic website with a few quirks but displaying no aggression, zero negativity, and nil maliciousness, its so fun to mock them right, with all the little CV cliques? I mean it must be so upsetting to see Storm's name so often, you know a fictional character, I am sure it would totally justify treating a fellow actual human being like a piece of %&$&. Similar behavior was directed at them as I have seen directed at jhazzroucher. I actually have no personal knowledge of jhazzroucher though, and they seem to have tougher skin and incredibly patient, my knowledge extends as only as far the knowledge that they can actually talk about comic book characters, and or stay on topic of a thread even albeit if they do tend to mention Storm a lot, but at least they aren't taking personal shots or personal jabs at other posters. That's my point. I and others know that certain posters can make threads that should not be made, like excess threads about Storm. Thats for the moderators to deal with and speak to the poster concerned as far keeping things in check, its not for you to tell the poster that they are hated or despised or make any personal remarks towards them. If you think a poster is doing something wrong then flag them or bring in a moderator. If you think that a poster mentioning Storm in a thread about fighting games is against the CV rules alert a moderator. Oh and did you find my badge? My tattoo? My badge and tattoo that says SC = Shining Ray Of Light on it? I do think i misplaced, oh wait, I don't recall claiming to be a shiny ray of light? Thank you for also letting me know I am not one? I have been here sitting in the dark wondering why it was dark? Its also nice to know that the line for being high and mighty is for calling people out on making unnecessary persona attacks in someone who is actually real, but not for calling out a poster for having an extreme like of a fictional character. Priorities pretty much sound sorted there.   

Now I kindly ask if you wish to address me, about topics that aren't related to video game fighting female characters you address me in private message, your blatant flirting with me and aggressive towards LadyLigeia (its because I am black isn't it?) isn't cool. Though your kind of predictable and I don't mean that as an insult so apologies if it sounds like one, so you will probably address me here, but in that case hey, I'll just ask we go to another threa like the What's Going Through Your Mind thread to converse there. Stay positive man, like your thread the other day said, that seems to be going super!  

**Apologies other posters who are coming here for you know, female video game characters. I'll try take this drama elsewhere.  
TheThe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By TheThe

@RainEffect said:

One way or another, i guess.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By jhazzroucher

@Deranged Midget said:

@jhazzroucher said:

No she isn't... She lacks any appearances in true fighting games besides Marvel vs Capcom.

but marvel vs capcom is a true fighting game. from x-men children of the atom, x-men vs streetfighter to umvc3.

Storm was also in Marvel Nemesis: Rise of the imperfects, which is a fighting game

and the x-men also had their own fighting games starring themselves.

MenaceForever2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By MenaceForever2

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm where is Sonya Blade

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By jhazzroucher

@menaceforever said:

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm where is Sonya Blade

She's on my honorable mentions. : )

Einmyria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Einmyria

@LadyLigeia said:

@RainEffect said:

@jhazzroucher: Seriously, have you ever stopped to wonder why you receive so much hate outside of the Storm forum? It is because you are physically incapable of making a thread that doesn't involve Storm. Every single thread I've ever seen you make has something to do with Storm. I mean, look at this:

@cyberninja said:

Wow, this is one of the most mean-spirited comments I have ever come across.

Like some other poster mentioned, this is a comic book site. If the OP bothers you so much, then why come into any thread he/she creates? It's pathetic.

I completely agree.

This is beyond ridiculous. If you have a problem, flag the post. Don't sit there and act all high and mighty as though you have the right to judge people.

armylife1124

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By armylife1124

I love most of the lists, my only definites would be Chung-Li, Katana/Sonya, Samus....and I would love to add most of the females in the Marvel vs Capcom series, though some of them do not have a long fighting game history....