• 63 results
#1 Edited by superstay (9802 posts) - - Show Bio

What's your thoughts on the Olympics (if your watching it)? If so what sport have you been focussing on? Who are you rooting for, what has been your favorite moments of the Olympics? Just what's your overall thoughts on the 2012 Olympics ? d?_?b

#2 Posted by JediXMan (30590 posts) - - Show Bio

Pissed. I am pissed off.

#3 Posted by King Saturn (224158 posts) - - Show Bio
USA has been dominating as usual... the only thing is this year USA Boxing is TERRIBLE and that's something that usually isn't so. 
#4 Posted by cyberninja (10413 posts) - - Show Bio

I love how most people just don't give a sh*t about their country, but then they magically become true patriots when the Olympics comes around.

#5 Posted by Cozy_Da_Djed_Eye (10098 posts) - - Show Bio

I didn't get to see any of it.

#6 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33360 posts) - - Show Bio
@King Saturn: not that dominant as there in second place 
#7 Posted by TheThe (1731 posts) - - Show Bio

Favorite moments : 1)Two door cinema club's singer performing "Caliban's dream", while Steve Redgrave and other champions were giving the olympic flame to seven young athletes.

2)Opening ceremony with Dame Evelyn performing the drums on Underworld's song "and we will kiss"

3) The epitome of Swagg, aka David Beckham.

People i was rooting for : Usain Bolt, Ruddy Zang Milama, Laura Flessel, Teddy Riner, Michael Phelps and Bradley Ally.

#8 Posted by texasdeathmatch (13171 posts) - - Show Bio

This is probably the first year I actually actively followed some sports. 

Water polo was awesome.

#9 Posted by The_Thunderer (2894 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheThe said:

3) The epitome of Swagg, aka David Beckham.

This so much. True Class.

#10 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (18041 posts) - - Show Bio

Boring

Dont give a crap about it.

#11 Posted by superstay (9802 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan: Why d?_?b

@King Saturn: Dream Team all the way

@mrdecepticonleader: not much of a sports dude are you?

@TheThe: agree d-_-b he was Swagged out

@CozyDaPrynce: Why d?_?b

#12 Posted by Enemybird (3222 posts) - - Show Bio

Football

Womens or Mens

#13 Posted by JediXMan (30590 posts) - - Show Bio
#14 Posted by sabracadabra (550 posts) - - Show Bio

@King Saturn said:

USA has been dominating as usual... the only thing is this year USA Boxing is TERRIBLE and that's something that usually isn't so.

Just curius, but has NBC shown any boxing at all? I watched every day and can't remeber seeing it. The only time i saw boxing was on Telemundo and that was the first couple of days.

#15 Posted by superstay (9802 posts) - - Show Bio

My PS3 keep go into a freeze every time I click the link in the thread, but from the comments I read you were rooting for Zagunis in fencing and she d?_?b lost. I only saw the last two matches in Female Fencing so I was rooting for the Italian Lady(Can't remember her name right now) who beat Nam (I think thats her name, the South Korean Lady who took Bronze), and she took Gold so I was happy for her but sorry. d~}{~b

#16 Posted by JediXMan (30590 posts) - - Show Bio

@superstay:

Precisely.

#17 Posted by _Zombie_ (10442 posts) - - Show Bio

I've really only watched swimming when I was half-awake and sipping on a mountain dew.

@JediXMan said:

Pissed. I am pissed off.

There there, it's alright, you might get a win next year.

#18 Posted by superstay (9802 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh, well is their any other sports you've been watching? d?_?b

#19 Posted by JediXMan (30590 posts) - - Show Bio

@superstay said:

Oh, well is their any other sports you've been watching? d?_?b

Watched swimming, I watched a little bit of everything, but I was most invested in fencing.

#20 Posted by superstay (9802 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan: Yeah I've been watching Man's Basketball(USA!!!USA!!!), Women's Volleyball, Men's Football(GO Brazil, Green and Yellow), a bit of everything else. Do you know when TaeKwonDo starts, because thats my MA Style? d?_?b

#21 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (18041 posts) - - Show Bio

@superstay: No I'm not. I've been watching some sports though.I dont have an invested interest in sport.

#22 Posted by King Saturn (224158 posts) - - Show Bio
@sabracadabra said:

@King Saturn said:

Just curius, but has NBC shown any boxing at all? I watched every day and can't remeber seeing it. The only time i saw boxing was on Telemundo and that was the first couple of days.

CNBC was showing the Boxing for the Olympics.
#23 Posted by King Saturn (224158 posts) - - Show Bio
Another thing that got me about this Olympics was the Speed of some of the White People... I almost fell in the pool when I saw a White Woman named Sally Pearson from Australia  smoke all the Black People in a race.... WTF  !?
#24 Posted by superstay (9802 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrdecepticonleader:

Oh Okay d^_^b

#25 Posted by BlackPookie (640 posts) - - Show Bio

@cyberninja said:

I love how most people just don't give a sh*t about their country, but then they magically become true patriots when the Olympics comes around.

I give a shit about my country! course i do!

i support them the best i can!

#26 Posted by superstay (9802 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackPookie:

good for you d-_-b

#27 Posted by Aiden Cross (15569 posts) - - Show Bio

I love looking at gymnastics =)

#28 Posted by buttersdaman000 (9721 posts) - - Show Bio
@King Saturn:  
I pit out my cereal when I saw a Chinese man running against Usain Bolt and others in the 100 meter......he got smoked but still
#29 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio

@Aiden Cross said:

Trampoline is crazy lol

#30 Posted by Aiden Cross (15569 posts) - - Show Bio

@Fuchsia_Nightingale said:

@Aiden Cross said:

Trampoline is crazy lol

I know, it's unbelieveable what those people are able to do o_O

#31 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio

@Aiden Cross: I know O_O

#32 Posted by superstay (9802 posts) - - Show Bio

@Aiden Cross

How do you feel about USA? d?_?b ?

#33 Posted by Aiden Cross (15569 posts) - - Show Bio

@superstay: I never find USA or China that interesting. They're huge countries and obviously have a bigger choice in athletes and trainers than a small country, so it's not that surprising they win a lot of medals. I find it more fun when small countries battle it out.

#34 Posted by guttridgeb (4832 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm a little bit surprised (and proud) that Britain is in third place on the medals table. It was far more likely that a country with a higher population would be taking that spot

#35 Posted by superstay (9802 posts) - - Show Bio

Who are you go for in Football Brazil or Mexico? d?_?b

#36 Posted by BlackPookie (640 posts) - - Show Bio

@Aiden Cross: yes its crazy. i wish i could do half of it!

#37 Posted by TheSheepHerder (11960 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not really that interested in it.

#38 Posted by umbrafeline (5300 posts) - - Show Bio

team usa is in 1st place with 90 medals with china in 2nd with 80 and great britain in 3rd holding 30-something

#39 Posted by ComicMan24 (147090 posts) - - Show Bio

Haven't really watched much. don't really have the time but I am not that interested in it anyway. I didn't even get to watch the opening ceremony which from what I was told, sucked.

#40 Posted by Duke_Nasty (1017 posts) - - Show Bio

USA wins again, Canada sucked. Decathalon is the best event.

#41 Posted by superstay (9802 posts) - - Show Bio

@ComicMan24:

Well I don't think it sucks but after Beijing you'll expect more WoW

dWoWb

#42 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (7816 posts) - - Show Bio

Really been enjoying it, which is nice considering how uninterested I was in the build up.

#43 Posted by PowerHerc (83461 posts) - - Show Bio

Have been awesome!

#44 Posted by superstay (9802 posts) - - Show Bio

Dude what a bummer Brazil lost the Mexico (nothing against Mexico they were actually the second team i way rooting for) for gold. At least they [Brazil] got silver thats still good. d~_~b

#45 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20236 posts) - - Show Bio

@superstay said:

Dude what a bummer Brazil lost the Mexico (nothing against Mexico they were actually the second team i way rooting for) for gold. At least they [Brazil] got silver thats still good. d~_~b

Yeah but when you lose by such a slim margin it pains you more since you were so close to winning.

#46 Posted by superstay (9802 posts) - - Show Bio

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek:

Thats kind of a double edged sword because it would hurt equally as much or even more if you got owned by your opponent. If the game ends and they beat you 3-2 because of their goal at the last minutes that says they beat you by the skin of their teeth go home train next time you'll have em. But if you lose 4-0 that means this team just own you, they just whupped your arse, their better than you. d~_~b

#47 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20236 posts) - - Show Bio

@superstay: True.

Lose by a lot - You suck without a question and you'll most likely quit the Olympics, and your self-esteem goes down to 0%

Lose by a little - You were so close and you were doubt yourself by saying you could have done better and the moment will haunt you forever.

Lose by medium - You are frustrated but you are still determined to get better for the next Olympics

#48 Posted by superstay (9802 posts) - - Show Bio

I guess that means the only correct thing is to win.

Do you think Egypt does any dirty business or negative bribing because their coach looked too sad after their lost to Brazil, I mean that dude was about to cry. d-_-b

#49 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20236 posts) - - Show Bio

@superstay: I don't know, but I know what you mean. That was possibly one of the saddest couches.

Also you could tell Ryan Lochte was disappointed in himself after winning a gold, then settling to Silver and below in all his other races.

#50 Posted by superstay (9802 posts) - - Show Bio

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek:

Yeah poor Ryan I guess he was really hoping to beat Phelp huh? d?_?b