Terrordrome The Game Version 2.8: A Review

Avatar image for mrdecepticonleader
mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Okay so this might be as much of a bit of an appreciation piece as much as it is a review for this game. Now I have no idea how many people have heard of this particular game or how many of you have actually downloaded a version and given it a go but basically this game seems to have been in the production stages for quite a few years and different versions of it have come as each version is closer to the finished product (I imagine) I had seen you tube videos of it over the years and it had sparked my interests a little but I finally got round to downloading their latest version, version 2.8 since I figured it was about time to see how good this fan made game is for myself.

No Caption Provided

Yeah that is right for anyone who is not aware this game is made by fans for fans. They have made this right off of their own backs and there has been a few complications with the progress of this game over the years, from copyright issues to the makers time and money issues. But it looks like all that is in the past since the finished product will be coming out this October. I am very excited about that. So I figured Id talk about the current version of this game before the finished product is available.

And another quick thing to just note that any of the screenshots I will use throughout this may not be ones from the current version.

No Caption Provided

So basically its a fighting game with modern horror icons. Basically you select any character you wish and you will fight every other character in the game till in the last stage you fight your selected character. The characters you can currently play as are Leatherface, Freddy Krueger, Ash, Michael Myers, Chucky, Jason Voorhees in his part 3 "classic" version or the "zombie" version both of which have very different moves and attacks, Ghostface, The Tall Man, Maniac Cop, Candyman and Dr Herbert West. So the character roster is a really solid one with a good array of characters to pick from. There will also be two more characters available in the final version, Pumpkinhead and Pinhead. Very happy Pinhead is in there just would not have been the same without him. And Pumpkinhead is a nice bonus too.

Pinhead game play.

And the Pumpkinhead one too. The videos are done by one of the makers of the game too by the way.

No Caption Provided

Each character has there own unique moves that are specific to them and they also have a basic kick and punch and a heavier slower attack and a lighter quicker one,both of these are used in relation to each characters main weapon. Also aside from various combo moves each character has a "helper" basically it is a move that can only be used twice in each match and you need a bar of "super" or whatever you want to call it. Its basically another special kind of move.

No Caption Provided

For example Leatherface lays down a bear trap or classic Jason has the harpoon gun

No Caption Provided

Or Myers uses his mothers tombstone as his. It just cracks me up a bit for some reason :)

Maniac Cop currently utilizes the Myers house backdrop
Maniac Cop currently utilizes the Myers house backdrop

As well as that there are backgrounds that are specific to each character from their respective movies complete with the theme music from that film. Really are nice touches and you can tell that they are fans who made this just by looking at the details they have put into the backgrounds. Maniac Cop is the only one without a specific backdrop but I am sure in the final version he will have his own too. I think it would be cool if it was the target range that he appears out of in the first movie.

No Caption Provided

There are a couple of issues I have with the game and neither are really specific to the game itself. There a couple of glitches in the game for example when fighting classic Jason there are times when he likes to attack you a bit and then disappear for the rest of the round, I actually found that if you just go in and attack him instead of standing and blocking that tends to stop that glitch from being apparent. Also the moves list is incorrect as to what keys you press for the moves, instead of pressing the arrow keys to move you use W,A,S,D and you also use T,Y,H and G for the attacks. But once you work that out you can still use the moves list to help work out the combos. But these are really minor gripes and considering the fact this is not the final version I imagine all the glitches will be ironed out.

No Caption Provided

I will also mention that it seems both Michael Myers and Leatherface seem to be sporting their remake looks. I really don't mind but I thought it was worth mentioning. Also despite the fact that it is clearly the remake Leatherface on the character selection menu it is clearly a picture of the original. The undead Jason also has a picture of the remake version instead as well. But again these will more likely be touched upon in the final version and at the end of the day they are only cosmetic changes and don't infringe on the game play aspects, which is of course the more important thing.

Apparently they will also be implementing a story into the game as well. If they do that would be really good. Its not a necessity but would be absolutely fantastic if they went that bit more further with it.

No Caption Provided

There is also an option for a two player and you can also play online with other people. I have not really tried either but both of the options are there and again its another example of how much effort has been put into this game.

No Caption Provided

Overall this game is one of the best examples of fan related creations I can think of. The fact that there is a fighting style game but with modern horror icons is just a dream come true for me and I am sure many other horror fans. This game may not have been possible due to all the multiple owners of each franchise and each of them maybe struggling to come to an agreement so in the end it took fans to take matters into there own hands and create such a game.

And such a game is brilliantly done with so much attention to detail to each character you can certainly tell that this was made by fans due to that.

So what are you waiting for? The game is free and it takes minutes to download. So go download it!

And I will certainly be giving my thoughts on the final version this October too.

So till next time thanks for reading :).

mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone else played this game? Do you agree with my review? Do you like the game?

mr_ingenuity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3 mr_ingenuity  Moderator

Hmmm interesting.

mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mr_ingenuity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 mr_ingenuity  Moderator
mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

This is a game? WHY DIDN'T I KNOW THIS WAS A GAME?

Great review btw

mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is a game? WHY DIDN'T I KNOW THIS WAS A GAME?

Great review btw

Uh huh I know :)

Thanks.

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Vaeternus

Yep an independent game, id love to see nrs make an official game like this

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Dragonborn_CT

Whoa... This is so cool. Nice job in making me interested in looking up for it, man :)

mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vaeternus said:

Yep an independent game, id love to see nrs make an official game like this

I would have too but I don't think it will happen. It could I guess.

@dragonborn_ct said:

Whoa... This is so cool. Nice job in making me interested in looking up for it, man :)

Cool I will give you a link if you need it :)

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrdecepticonleader: yeah youre prob right, i just think if it does happen nrs would be perfect with the darker tone, 2d and all plus ironically wb owns the rights to a lot of those franchises

mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrdecepticonleader: yeah youre prob right, i just think if it does happen nrs would be perfect with the darker tone, 2d and all plus ironically wb owns the rights to a lot of those franchises

Yeah they would. I mean sometimes I do think to myself as I play MK nine "wouldn't it be cool if there was a game like this but with horror characters" I mean they did have Freddy Krueger as a DLC but was that only for the PS3? but yeah.

SideburnGuru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

I had it for awhile, and allow me to say? This game is mindblowing.

This game tooks the idea I always thought of, and actually did it. A game taking all the horror cast together, and letting them smash together. It's great.

It's perfect. I remember there was an issue for awhile when they might have had to get rid of some characters.

mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This game tooks the idea I always thought of, and actually did it. A game taking all the horror cast together, and letting them smash together. It's great.

It's perfect. I remember there was an issue for awhile when they might have had to get rid of some characters.

I agree.

Yeah they have had issues with characters I think in one of their last versions they had to remove Ash.

SideburnGuru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

@sideburnguru said:

I agree.

Yeah they have had issues with characters I think in one of their last versions they had to remove Ash.

Well, they put him back in, correct? I forgot what the issue is.

I thought unless you made money off it, you could use said characters. Also, he gave credit too, correct?

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrdecepticonleader: yeah youre prob right, i just think if it does happen nrs would be perfect with the darker tone, 2d and all plus ironically wb owns the rights to a lot of those franchises.

mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrdecepticonleader said:

@sideburnguru said:

I agree.

Well, they put him back in, correct? I forgot what the issue is.

I thought unless you made money off it, you could use said characters. Also, he gave credit too, correct?

Yeah they did no idea why they did though. I just know they did.

Yeah I figured that too. Maybe the issue was that they assumed or thought they were going to make money off of it. Yeah.

mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

this needs a bump

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is fan made?

I don't think I ever used this word on this site before outside of referring to the comic but sincerely, that is astonishing. Maybe I should download and have some fun with characters that I would otherwise avoid. Maybe I can get them to do silly things. :P

Strongarm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mad cop is a fun triology, does he have the calico in the game?

mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lykopis said:

This is fan made?

I don't think I ever used this word on this site before outside of referring to the comic but sincerely, that is astonishing. Maybe I should download and have some fun with characters that I would otherwise avoid. Maybe I can get them to do silly things. :P

yep :)

Oh you should it is well worth it. And stop avoiding them already :\

Mad cop is a fun triology, does he have the calico in the game?

Its a while since I watched the films so I am not quite sure what that is.

Strongarm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Strongarm
mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrdecepticonleader: the machine gun he used to mow down the precint

Loading Video...

The one he uses in that scene? No I don't think so.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lykopis said:

This is fan made?

Bit by bit. I will get there...eventually. I watched some so you know -- baby steps, dude.

mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lykopis said:

@lykopis said:

This is fan made?

Bit by bit. I will get there...eventually. I watched some so you know -- baby steps, dude.

Baby steps for the baby I guess :D

Watched some? Some what?

Delcar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Delcar

i like this game

mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@delcar said:

i like this game

Me too. They have actually released the finished version now. Well sort of..

Deadite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Deadite

I really want this game to be competitive worthy, but until they implement chip damage in block, I don't see how they can convince me to choose Terrordrome over Injustice.

I still love this game.

mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deadite said:

I really want this game to be competitive worthy, but until they implement chip damage in block, I don't see how they can convince me to choose Terrordrome over Injustice.

I still love this game.

Have you been to their facebook page? You can download the patches to stop stuff like that. I have not downloaded it at all yet. Just due to some of the issues people seem to be having.

Deadite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Deadite

@deadite said:

I still love this game.

Have you been to their facebook page? You can download the patches to stop stuff like that. I have not downloaded it at all yet. Just due to some of the issues people seem to be having.

It's been awhile since I last visited that place, probably well over 6 month. I'm going to look it up. Thanks for this useful info. But yeah, I've been asking one of the programmer regarding this issue and he doesn't give replies on the subject. The last reply I got from him was regarding Pumpkinhead.

mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deadite said:

@deadite said:

I still love this game.

It's been awhile since I last visited that place, probably well over 6 month. I'm going to look it up. Thanks for this useful info. But yeah, I've been asking one of the programmer regarding this issue and he doesn't give replies on the subject. The last reply I got from him was regarding Pumpkinhead.

Ah are you talking about this version and not the finished one? Ah okay I see.