........terrified after seeing a seizure

Gjgp27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Gjgp27

So I was in class and a girl that usually sit by suddenly stretches back and makes a large thud. I thought, " if she's bored, surely she's not gonna over exaggerate it like that in class". I turned around, along with others, to see that's she convulsing, with her eyes rolling into her head like she's being electrocuted. After it ended, she was too shook up to even walk. I've never seen a grand mal before and I've been horrified all day. How do you recover after seeing that?

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

My friend has seizures.. He bit a gigantic chunk out of his tongue off while having one before.. But he takes medicine for it and as long as he doesn't miss out on his doses he doesnt have to worry about them.

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Ive seen seizures and im a trianed EMR, its scary, i think you should talk to the girl to make sure shes alright, however most seizures cause minimal concerns so (i dont think this the best thing to say) its not really a big deal

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I have a friend who has seizures.

Avatar image for The_Deathstroker
The_Deathstroker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

You never truly recover, it stays with you forever. It usually just kinda fades away in severity, always remaining, never gone, but fades a little.

BullPR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Chronic disease, but most of the time well controlled by the treatment.

Luckily we are far far away from the time where these patients were ostracized.

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Yeah this happened to me once in high school... An friend of mine had an seizure in front of me during class just as we are talking. We had to take her to an nearby hospital (glad there was one literally one street way from school)

Its okay if you feel terrified, even more so if its someone you care about, but it will pass off eventually, specially when you hear her recovering.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I hope all turns out well for you and your friend :)

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You'll get over it, right now it's just fresh in your thoughts.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

One time this guy sitting next to me had a seizure and i stuck my pen in his mouth so he wouldn't bite off his tongue and then called for someone to call 911. I was really tense the rest of that week after the experience but super proud I was able to react and get the pen in his mouth.

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack: thats actually a bad thing to do, it could cause them to choke on it, stab themselves, get you hurt, etc

link

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Teerack

@cgoodness: Well that's one of those eggs are good for you eggs are bad for you things, because I know that I was taught you're supposed to do that at one point. it was just the white tube part of the bed without the ink thing i took out.

Personally I'd rather hurt me teeth or jaw then bite my tongue off... you can fix the other things.

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack: the negatives of doing it (they can swallow it and rupture something and die from internal bleeding) out weigh the positives (preventing them from biting off their tongues or breaking their teeth which can be repaired or in case they swallow their bitten off tongue the heimlich can get it out once they are done seizing and then CPR to keep them from getting more dead till more advanced medical treatment can bring them back).

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Teerack

@cgoodness: It's not like I let go of it. /shrug. The guy was fine. The paramedic even replace the pen with some kind of plastic hose for him to chew when they got there.

AfricanWilds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gjgp27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

My aunt has really bad seizures sometimes. She takes meds so she, thankfully, doesn't have 'em anymore. It's not a pretty sight.

Shadowchaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Watch Hostel. Nothing will bother you after seeing that movie.

aquaman01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I saw someone have a seizure in the middle of school outside. Man, people have seizures a lot at schools lol