Terminator:Genisys-Who else saw it? Post here*Spoiler alert*

Fallingcliffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Fallingcliffs

Ok, so just saw it today I must say I loved it. Really brought me back to the first few films. Even though I still enjoyed Rise of the Machines, and felt Salvation was ok...

This was easily one of the best Terminator films though no doubt. Arnold still has it and actually get to see a more emotional Terminator which is interesting, I liked how a lot of the movie emphasizes on time travel theories, potential outcomes etc unlike previous films that may reference it then move on.

I loved it, I must say the T-3000=major badass. I loved how the ending ended, with both T800 aka Guardian getting destroyed but then fell into the liquid metal which apparently we learned can reactivate but reform/regen and update T800's which is badass, and in his case fell into a little pool of it thus turning him into a T-1000 by the end of the movie. I also loved how it ended with Skynet apparently not dying...just shows how persistent, determined and smart Skynet is. Ultron Who? Skynet is where it's at. lol seems no matter which timeline, Skynet just won't die lol.

All that being said I give this movie 5/5. If you're a oldschool Terminator fan, love time travel, love action, love Arnold, love various Terminator's with plot twists this is the movie for you.

Share your thoughts for people who saw it especially.

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

makhai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By makhai

I enjoyed it. Better than T1, T3, and TS. It's a whole new Terminator franchise now, assuming the film does well.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

@ostyo: I've not watched it and don't plan to lol

Fallingcliffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@makhai: Pretty much same here. Most people who didn't like it said such because "it's too confusing for them" but to me this should be irrelevant as a Terminator follower. With time travel there's always different futures especially in Terminator, from the original movie continuity to T5 or even the show when they sent teenage john to the future.

But yah glad others liked it too!

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I didn't have any interest in seeing it until I had to watch it for work, and I must say I was pleasantly surprised by this film. Sarah Connor was perfect, and so was Reese.

I would like to discuss it further, but right now I'm at work.

Avatar image for stardustcrusader
StardustCrusader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As someone whose favorite film of all time is Terminator 1, and was burned by T3, and scorched by TS, and who has notice that 99% of all reboot or remakes of 80's IPs suck by nature, I refuse to ever to view this film. I love Terminator

No Caption Provided

Penderor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ccraft said:

I didn't have any interest in seeing it until I had to watch it for work, and I must say I was pleasantly surprised by this film. Sarah Connor was perfect, and so was Reese.

I would like to discuss it further, but right now I'm at work.

You have the job where they force you to watch movies? Lol.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@penderor: I know... It's even free of charge.

#firstworldproblems

makhai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By makhai

@fallingcliffs said:

@makhai: Pretty much same here. Most people who didn't like it said such because "it's too confusing for them" but to me this should be irrelevant as a Terminator follower. With time travel there's always different futures especially in Terminator, from the original movie continuity to T5 or even the show when they sent teenage john to the future.

But yah glad others liked it too!

I think anyone easily confused by time travel concepts isn't really a Terminator fan. :p

Or a Back To The Future fan, for that matter.

Fallingcliffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

T5 was good

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Terminator Genesis was Pretty Good...

They Should Have Cast Someone Else To Play Kyle Reese Though... IMO

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

It was leaps and bounds better than the last two Terminator films. I enjoyed it for the most part, even if some of the time travel stuff was convoluted as hell.

Jgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By Jgames

@king_saturn said:

Terminator Genesis was Pretty Good...

They Should Have Cast Someone Else To Play Kyle Reese Though... IMO

To be fair, while I was not a fan of Kyle Reese either in the film, I also feel like it was the movie fault for not focusing on the character that much. I mean there barely any breathing room in the movie, it just fast paced, with more plot thrown in.

Granted Arnold nail his part, every time he was on the screen, my younger self come out, and he was just entertaining. I mean he usually always entertaining, even in the awful Batman and Robin movie. I love the Fatherly relationship with Sarah and Pop, unfortunately the same cannot be said about Sarah and Kyle. I don't know if it was just the actor fault, or just the movie, but love interest dilemma was not well developed.

Overall I found the movie decent. As for the time travel plot being all over the place, almost every movie, books, manga, tv show, comics etc, that involve time travel usually don't make sense.

In the word of the 10th doctor

Loading Video...

Also I find it funny that out of all the time travel plot, DBZ made the most sense. Which really bugs me considering other smarter franchise time traveling plot make less sense than DBZ.