Terminator Genesys was actually, a good movie.

• 58 results
Frocharocha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Frocharocha

Spoilers down! Duh.

I was very afraid from going into the cinema and wasting 125 minutes on a boring movie like Salvation. But for my surprise it was not. The movie is actually good. Of course it did have it's flaws. For example: The main villain, he's kinda boring and a walking plot device. But almost all terminators in the movies are kinda hard to kill, but this T-3000 is on another level.

Arnold character , also know as "Papi' is by far the best thing in the movie. Funny and easily the best terminator in the serie. You can easily get emotionally atached to it, specially towards the end when he gets more developed. But, the Deus Ex Machinima killed me.

Sarah Connor is well. Hot, can't say the same to her boyfriend (I forgot his name, wtf). He's a pretty boring and dull character. For some reason, Skynet also received personallity. In this it looks more like a human being than an actual machine itself. Whatever.

My only complainings are the main history and ending, booth are pretty forced and leaves some unexplained awnsers. Oh and if i missed a secret ending or something, who the hell send Papi in the past?

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

I hear otherwise.

Frocharocha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hear otherwise.

Critics hated the movie xD

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 the_stegman  Moderator

@frocharocha: I'm seeing it tomorrow, so I'll judge for myself!

makhai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By makhai

I found it enjoyable. It isn't flawless but it certainly isn't garbage like T3 was.

Mandarinestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Mandarinestro

This is the one of the few Arnold movies where I agree with the critics. I proudly defend panned movies like Last Action Hero but this one is complete garbage. The marketing team or whoever conceptualised the trailer is also terrible.

Frocharocha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Have fun.

This is the one of the few Arnold movies where I agree with the critics. I proudly defend panned movies like Last Action Hero but this one is complete garbage. The marketing team or whoever conceptualised the trailer is also terrible.

The trailer indeed was terrible, but i found surprising that the movie was actually better than the trailer. Many movies have trailers much better than it's actual content.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just got back from watching it...was ok. Though I think Kyle was sort of....eh, I didn't dislike him but didn't really like him, much prefer Michael/T1 interpretation of Kyle Reese.

Although there were a few questions that weren't completely answered, nothing big though.

Avatar image for stardustcrusader
StardustCrusader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll take your word for it.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Terminator Genesis was Pretty Good... It Has Some Obvious Flaws... I Would Say It's Better Than Terminator Salvation... Possibly Slightly Better Than Terminator 3: Rise Of The Machines.

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_saturn: Still sounds pretty terrible then. Unfortunate.

Skit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Going to see it soon, I don't think I saw the trailer(only saw the reveal/original) so that'll help. Anyways, it seems really polarizing, might as well add AJ review which was generally more possible.

Loading Video...

JohnnyZ256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wish that the T-1000 had more of a showing. It had little more than a cameo.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Wolfrazer

@johnnyz256: Eh so did the original T-800, but then again I guess not a big a deal since there already was Arnold in it. Though nice they used old footage from T1 with the new, at least I think the whole scene with the T-800 appearing was from the original...if not, they got that like spot on scene for scene.

Though the only difference I seen was the lighting. I also found the T-1000s ability to revive the T-800 pretty interesting.

Also one thing, I did like the Brian character, he was in and out of the movie but it was pretty interesting to see a man see something that was completely crazy and what he did.

Frocharocha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ostyo said:

I wouldn't say it was terrible. far from that. But for me, Mad max still takes the cake as the best action movie so far.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I enjoyed the movie, not sure what all the fuss is about.

JohnnyZ256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By JohnnyZ256

The best special effects for a Terminator movie belong to Terminator 2. How is that possible? The movie came out in 1991.

This new movie doesn't have the "coolness" factor that T2 has. No foreboding music when the terminators are on screen, WAY TOO MUCH DIALOGUE (compare to the amount of dialogue that the T-1000 and T-800 have in T2), and everything just seems a little forced. Sarah's first line seems awkward. The T-1000 is neat, but lasts only a short time.

The T-800 looks weird with gray hair. And so on.

Avatar image for deactivated-613e82c4b95f9
deactivated-613e82c4b95f9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

It was a lot of fun, plus any movie with Arnold is worth seeing. I enjoyed it a lot actually.

Though I still can't really picture Emilia as Sera. I mean, she's a great actress, no doubt about that, but she's too....cute? If that's the right word for it. To me Sera Conner is a bruiser, which is an image Emilia can't fit.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Given that Terminator 2 is one of the best action movies of all time I'm not surprised. Salvation hur the rep of the series a little bit but I fully expect Arnold's return to revitalize it and for him to do a great movie. Can't wait to see it

Knightfall225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Trailers looked awful . CRitics say it was awful as well.

TheDandyMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

Just saw it today, I enjoyed it although it's not becoming a classic anytime soon. Arnie is the best thing about it.

username12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Arnie is the best thing about it.

Like always...

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

It's a shameless money scam. You should feel bad for supporting it.

godzilla44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ccraft said:

I enjoyed the movie, not sure what all the fuss is about.

I agree

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought it was pretty good. Thought they left a couple nagging questions left unanswered.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@godzilla44: Only thing I liked Matt Smith in as well :P

TheDandyMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@username12345: Yeah, pretty much. And I should at last get to finishing our CaV tomorrow, I've been doing some GCSE tests at the moment and meeting up with friends a lot but I think I've got a free day, hooray.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought it was pretty good. Thought they left a couple nagging questions left unanswered.

Like what unanswered questions?

username12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@username12345: Yeah, pretty much. And I should at last get to finishing our CaV tomorrow, I've been doing some GCSE tests at the moment and meeting up with friends a lot but I think I've got a free day, hooray.

No Caption Provided

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 the_stegman  Moderator

@frocharocha: Just saw it. And yeah, I have the same question, who sent Pop to the past??

Also, is that it?? Is judgement Day averted for good??

Will lil Kyle Reese grow up and relive these events? Will he live a normal life? If so, why did adult Kyle make sure he remembered the saying?

Avatar image for deactivated-5c9535a734784
deactivated-5c9535a734784

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I loved every second of it. Saw it on opening night and have no regrets. I don't give a flying fudge what the critics say because I absolutely loved the film. Arnold was pure awesome as normal. The fight scenes were phenomenal and the CGI was incredible. I can't wait for it on DVD.

Frocharocha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Frocharocha

@the_stegman said:

@frocharocha: Just saw it. And yeah, I have the same question, who sent Pop to the past??

Will lil Kyle Reese grow up and relive these events? Will he live a normal life? If so, why did adult Kyle make sure he remembered the saying?

I was reading online. it seems that there was a secret ending and it was skynet itself wh osend Papi in the past to secure it's existence....

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. I got a feeling the question of who sent Pops to the Past will be answered in the Sequel to come.

2. You did not see the Post Credits Scene ?

3. It's setting up for another Terminator film... I think they already agreed on a sequel.

@ostyo said:

Not Really... I mean you honestly could not have thought this film would be as good as The Terminator or Terminator 2 : Judgment Day... those are Sci Fi Masterpieces... but for it to be about as good as T3 means it was Pretty Good... not spectacular but not a waste either. They left some things undone... but they are supposedly making another Terminator film after Genesis anyways. Then again, if this film does not make enough money... you can scratch it.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 the_stegman  Moderator
Mandarinestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Mandarinestro

@jonny_anonymous: What do you think of this movie? Is it worthy of more praise or does it belong in the junkyard like the critics say?

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Wolfrazer

I dunno if these Q's were answered in the movie, maybe I missed em but...

1. How did Sarah even know about Kyle in the first place? How did she know that he died protecting her in another timeline? I don't recall her saying she had dreams like Kyle did....or did she? I can't remember really.

2. Is John dead? Or was he corrupted? I know he was infected at a cellular level, so then is the John we see in the movie post time travel, not actually John or is it?

3. Speaking of that, does this mean that T1-T4 also exist just in different timelines? I would assume so, thus there we have a multi-timeline canon sort of thing.

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ccraft said:
@stormdriven said:

Like what unanswered questions?

Who sent Papi?

Why did older Kyle feel the need to tell his younger self about Genisys?

Why did the timeline randomly change?

Why didn't I get sexy time with Emilia Clarke?

Ok, maybe not so much the last one, but the first three for sure.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I dunno if these Q's were answered in the movie, maybe I missed em but...

1. How did Sarah even know about Kyle in the first place? How did she know that he died protecting her in another timeline? I don't recall her saying she had dreams like Kyle did....or did she? I can't remember really.

2. Is John dead? Or was he corrupted? I know he was infected at a cellular level, so then is the John we see in the movie post time travel, not actually John or is it?

3. Speaking of that, does this mean that T1-T4 also exist just in different timelines? I would assume so, thus there we have a multi-timeline canon sort of thing.

1. It's possible "Pops" knew about Kyle and how things would go with Him and Sarah during the Proposed Timeline from stemming from The Terminator ( 1984 film ) Timeline. Just like how the T-800 Knew About Dyson and Cyberdine And It's Influence With Skynet In Terminator 2 When He Was Inquired By Sarah Connor.

2. John Does Not Exist... He Was Compromised To Become A T-3000 ( As Wiki Calls It ). So since Sarah and Kyle have not had any Hanky Panky yet and The John from the Future was Turned Into A Terminator... John Is Dead Essentially... It's Just A Terminator using his Physical Form.

3. No Idea

Mandarinestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Mandarinestro

@stormdriven: Kyle went back to his 12 year old self because it's a predestination paradox. Remember when he began to have visions of an alternate timeline? Those memories are conjured in his mind because he will eventually tell his younger self about this.

Aka, in this paradox Event A (Kyle talking to his younger self) causes Event B (Kyle receiving visions while travelling back in time), which in turn causes Event C (Kyle, Sarah, and Pops succeeding in preventing Genisys from launching). Event C by its nature causes Event A, creating a loop that must be followed.

Marvel Zombies anyone?

Mandarinestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Mandarinestro

@wolfrazer: In the Terminator EU, alternate timelines exist because the Resistance and Skynet kept on using time travel.

IIRC, there are at least three alternate timelines where both the Resistance and Skynet still exist with the humans having contact with each other.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_saturn: But how would Pops know that? With the T-800 knowing about Dyson and Cyberdyne from T2, that makes sense because in that timeline, Dyson created Skynet so the T-800 would have knowledge on that from the future. But him knowing that Kyle would die from another timeline? Especially a completely different Kyle.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By King_Saturn

@wolfrazer: Because Pops is from the Future. Pops could know of Kyles death in the alternate timeline as his death could have occurred in that specific line even if it happens different.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#45  Edited By Fallschirmjager

Even if it was the best movie ever, I can't go watch it because of how they spelled "Genesys"

It hurts my soul too much

Avatar image for emperorxhadesx420
EmperorxHadesx420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Frocharocha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_saturn: But how would Pops know that? With the T-800 knowing about Dyson and Cyberdyne from T2, that makes sense because in that timeline, Dyson created Skynet so the T-800 would have knowledge on that from the future. But him knowing that Kyle would die from another timeline? Especially a completely different Kyle.

Damn Terminator..My brain is hurting.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolfrazer said:

Damn Terminator..My brain is hurting.

It isn't that complicated... Pops is from The Future... from his timeline Kyle gets killed by a Terminator while trying to protect Sarah... his CPU holds that information while going back into the Past... he tells Sarah about it... and that's it.

It's essentially the same thing as the T-800 telling Sarah about Dyson and how he built Skynet... the T-800 is telling of what happens in his timeline... same with Pops. Don't matter if it's an alternate timeline or not... Kyle apparently dies in that one too.

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mandarinestro: But if they destroyed Skynet, why would he need to tell his past self about something that doesn't exist anymore?

Avatar image for deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5
deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sprior93 said:

It's a shameless money scam. You should feel bad for supporting it.