#1 Posted by wario1988 (990 posts) - - Show Bio
#2 Posted by utotheg38 (18883 posts) - - Show Bio

Sad

#3 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

Sigh... We Asians are too attached to our games.... A sad truth...

#4 Posted by Cozy_Da_Djed_Eye (9944 posts) - - Show Bio

That's happened to so many gamers. People be up for 4 days straight and fall over dead. It's sad but it's as addictive like crack to some.

#5 Posted by Cozy_Da_Djed_Eye (9944 posts) - - Show Bio

I know of a story of a dude who killed his mom cause she tried to stop him from playing games. Read about it over a year ago on this gaming forum I used to visit.

#6 Posted by JediXMan (29285 posts) - - Show Bio

Sad.

Never really understood it, though. At most a few hours I usually get bored.

#7 Posted by Madame_Mist (1325 posts) - - Show Bio

Yikes. Poor guy:(

#8 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (19884 posts) - - Show Bio

It was a kid who was playing Halo 3 and his parents told him to go to bed. He got the family shotgun and killed his mom and injured his dad..... they were Russians....

#9 Posted by utotheg38 (18883 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan said:

Sad. Never really understood it, though. At most a few hours I usually get bored.

Same.

#10 Posted by JediXMan (29285 posts) - - Show Bio
@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek said:
It was a kid who was playing Halo 3 and his parents told him to go to bed. He got the family shotgun and killed his mom and injured his dad..... they were Russians....
There was another incident where a kid killed his mother with a hammer. Or his sibling; I don't remember.
#11 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

Thats sad.... Now he won't live to play Diablo 4.

#12 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (19884 posts) - - Show Bio

Wait.... 40 hours isn't even 2 days. The human body can survive without food for a week and without water for 3 days at least. How did he die?

#13 Posted by Original_Sin (356 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan said:

Sad. Never really understood it, though. At most a few hours I usually get bored.
#14 Edited by BiteMe-Fanboy (7496 posts) - - Show Bio

smh. It's sad. But it's hard to pity someone who rather play a game than eat and sleep, and dies from his poor decisions.

#15 Posted by TERMINATOR1000 (1203 posts) - - Show Bio

wow thats bad, how do they know hes dead?

#16 Posted by Nefarious (18362 posts) - - Show Bio

R.I.P.

#17 Posted by YoggSaron (812 posts) - - Show Bio

Who says he died from playing for 40 hours straight? The results of the autopsy aren't in the article, and he most likely had a preexisting condition.

#18 Posted by joshmightbe (24458 posts) - - Show Bio

Theres this thing its called a pause button

#19 Posted by Kastiel (8919 posts) - - Show Bio

Diablo III isn't even that good. 

#20 Posted by Dark_Thunder (135 posts) - - Show Bio

Some people just have obsessive personalities, whether it's for games, gambling, drugs, or whatever.

#21 Posted by Imagine_Man15 (1801 posts) - - Show Bio

I've never been able to understand this type of thing. I like video games, but I can only play for like, an hour or two at a time before I am bored with it. My brother, on the other hand... he neglects eating because he becomes so lost in gaming. Eight hours a day is normal for him. I just don't get it.

#22 Posted by YoggSaron (812 posts) - - Show Bio

@Imagine_Man15 said:

I've never been able to understand this type of thing. I like video games, but I can only play for like, an hour or two at a time before I am bored with it. My brother, on the other hand... he neglects eating because he becomes so lost in gaming. Eight hours a day is normal for him. I just don't get it.

Then you must be cursed (or perhaps blessed, in this case) with a short attention span. Playing video games for long periods of time is all in the wiring of one's brain.

#23 Posted by menaceforever (3696 posts) - - Show Bio

Hopefully he wasn't still a virgin.

#24 Posted by SpidermanWins (3975 posts) - - Show Bio

I like video games but these stories just scare me.

#25 Posted by Jackson_Hartley (186 posts) - - Show Bio

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek: 40 hours of constant stimulus can "short circuit" the brain; which can (and usually) cause seizures and, in rare cases death (one Short in the wrong place and it's permanent lights out; literally, you just drop dead).

I'm an epileptic, so I know alittle about these shorts, but even regular folk are subject to them, should their brain be overtaxed.

That's just a possibility though. He may have already had some kind of condition that may or may not have triggered from playing for so long. Either way, conditions or no conditions, no one should play that long... ever. Hell, I get eye strain after an hour.

#26 Edited by _Zombie_ (10300 posts) - - Show Bio

So tempted to make an Asian joke..

But, yeah, I wouldn't be able to do this. My max is 6-8 hours, and that's with bathroom, food, and water breaks.

#27 Posted by King Saturn (223723 posts) - - Show Bio
that is a damn shame
#28 Posted by Rumble Man (11119 posts) - - Show Bio

He leveled up in life, now gathering exp in heaven

#29 Edited by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio

My max is about 5 hours. It used to be longer than that when I was younger (but, I always took breaks). Nowadays, I don't have what it takes to play everyday because of other more important things in life.

#30 Posted by Deadcool (6809 posts) - - Show Bio

40 hours playing a videogame!!! Oh well that is sad...

#31 Posted by menaceforever (3696 posts) - - Show Bio

Wait so did they let him sit in the cafe for almost 2 days straight?

#32 Posted by dccomicsrule2011 (22872 posts) - - Show Bio

@King Saturn said:

that is a damn shame
#33 Edited by dboyrules2011 (11763 posts) - - Show Bio

How Dumb can you be playing a Video game for that long.

#34 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (7561 posts) - - Show Bio

Heard similar things like this before, sad news all the same.

#35 Posted by TDK_1997 (14418 posts) - - Show Bio

Sad.

#36 Posted by NlGHTCRAWLER (2898 posts) - - Show Bio

Too soon?

#37 Posted by VercingetorixTheGreat (2823 posts) - - Show Bio

Stupid people gonna be stupid

#38 Posted by dccomicsrule2011 (22872 posts) - - Show Bio

It sad but come on!! How on God's green Earth are you playing a Game that fcking long stupid just stupid.

#39 Posted by The Man of Yesteryear (5502 posts) - - Show Bio

Darwin.

#40 Posted by Bete_Noire (45 posts) - - Show Bio

The only way I can think of him passing is by a DVT (Deep vein thrombosis). Its bascially a blood clot that forms in a vein deep inside a part of the body. I've heard of similar stories about a kid who was playing Halo for like 48 hours streight. If your sitting/laying around for too long, the circulation in your legs slows down, and a blood clot can form. When you stand up, your blood pressure shifts and can push the clot into your lungs, heart or brain.