"TEEN TITANS" MOVIE RUMORED; POSSIBLE "GREEN LANTERN CORPS" DETAILS EMERGE

panther21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By panther21

Rumors are running rampant about the future of Warner Bros.'DC Comics movies, as a new report posits that the "Cyborg" movie may be scrapped in favor of a "Teen Titans" flick.

The Teen Titans may crash Cyborg's solo debut.

According to JoBlo -- who also reported news of the possible villain in James Wan's "Aquaman" movie -- the 2020 "Cyborg" movie, which is set to star Ray Fisher as the title character, is "under consideration" to be retooled as a full-on "Teen Titans" movie. If the rumor turns out to be true, that would mean Warners is developing a "Teen Titans" film while they've already got a TV pilot in the works at TNT.

Additionally, the report notes that 2020's "Green Lantern Corps" movie is shaping up to be a buddy-cop-style action movie, like "Lethal Weapon," wherein Hal Jordan and John Stewart, -- the film's leading 'Lanterns -- would be the Riggs and Murtaugh of the story.

The report also mentions that the studio plans to make diversity a priority in its films, noting: "There is also discussion about including a gay superhero in the DCEU ranks, althoughaccording to my sources it's not something set in stone, but definitely under serious consideration for at least one major character."

"Cyborg" is tentatively slated for an April 3, 2020 release, while "Green Lantern Corps" is set to hit screens on June 19, 2020.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Cyborg never struck me as an interesting character. I don't think his movie will be that great, either.

TheExile285

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 4

Teen Titans is something I've been a fan of for years and GLC is something I've recently become a fan of so I could get behind these movies.

Two things I want from Teen Titans:

- No Post Flashpoint Superboy villain BS. Have him as a hero or don't include him at all.

- No changing existing characters for the sake of diversity. Like making Tim Drake gay instead of including a cool character like Bunker or Midnighter.

panther21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By panther21
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

panther21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@panther21: I'd watch it if it was based on Marv Wolfman's version of the Teen Titans.

panther21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@static_shock: as long as they have Starfire, Raven, Superboy, beast boy, and cyborg i'm down for it.

Avatar image for handofprometheus
HandOfPrometheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@static_shock: same here. i want the OG cast in the film

No Caption Provided

This is the OG cast

No Caption Provided

But I do prefer the one you put

Avatar image for deactivated-579e79a09210d
deactivated-579e79a09210d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Will these movies mend the tattered DC cinema flag?

BatWatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 238

#10  Edited By BatWatch

Mixed feelings on all this.

1. Cyborg getting shafted kind of sucks. It really bugs me that they said they were going to make Cyborg one of the big seven, and yet they never give him anything that accompanies that status. If they were going to change continuity, at least have the balls to back your move.

2. I love Teen Titans, and it would be fun to see them get the silver screen treatment.

3. Teen Titans would probably work better in the TV format. The family vibe and complex backstories would be hard to develop in a movie but would fit perfectly for a TV show.

4. I'm so sick of the diversity for the sake of diversity. If you have a good story to tell, tell it. If it includes a diverse cast of characters because that is what the story demands, cool. If you just want to check off some quota box, then it feels forced and detracts from the story.

5. Green Lantern Corps as a buddy cop movie? I'm okay with it as long as it doesn't make it too much of a joke. I don't mind a funny tone for the movie, but it doesn't need to be a complete joke.

BatWatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 238

Mixed feelings on all this.

@panther21 said:

@static_shock: same here. i want the OG cast in the film

No Caption Provided

This is the OG cast

No Caption Provided

But I do prefer the one you put

Glad you pointed that out. It was bugging me. Marv Wolfman's version was way better than the original Teen Titans run though.

tsoj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I guess I'm fine with a Teen Titans movie, just as long as it has nothing to do with Teen Titans Go!.

CitizenSentry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

No Caption Provided