• 103 results
#1 Edited by Eternal19 (2076 posts) - - Show Bio

Im in highschool and i dont want to go the rest of my highschool experience not being noticed by at least a few of the girls at my highschool. Im a junior whos in the marching band and wrestling team at my school, im pretty toned and in good shape, im not the most attractive person, and I have a 4.2 GPA. Im also recognized as the comic book geek and a lot of people know that i read comics and see me read them

#2 Posted by NlGHTCRAWLER (2899 posts) - - Show Bio

Just be yourself dude. unless you're a horrible person then think about changing a little bit. I'm sure the marching band and reading comics and having a high GPA doesn't really have anything to do with why girls aren't drawn to you. Evaluate your personality and how approachable you are when it comes to girls. Think about things that can be changed for the best and change them (and by things I mean personality wise or/and appearance). Your activities and hobbies don't define you and if they do to some people then f*ck em.

#3 Posted by Billy Batson (57914 posts) - - Show Bio

Pffft taking advice from basement dwellers.
Just be a nice open guy and try to get into cliques.
If you already are one or it doesn't work out, try to be a douche bag. Girls love douche bags.
*waits for the Giant Bomb dating advice line post*
BB

#4 Posted by blackadamFTW (7867 posts) - - Show Bio

If you're not awkward/lame, you should be fine.

#5 Posted by CrimsonAvenger (1162 posts) - - Show Bio

@Billy Batson: Is this what you're talking about?

#6 Posted by Billy Batson (57914 posts) - - Show Bio

@CrimsonAvenger:

Yes, LOL.
BB

#7 Posted by _slim_ (13075 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't teach you.

Either you got it or you don't.

#8 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20120 posts) - - Show Bio

@CrimsonAvenger said:

L

O

L

#9 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11263 posts) - - Show Bio

Make them laugh. And don't forget to relax around them, they won't bite you...that'll be for later. ;)

#10 Posted by Illuminatus (9503 posts) - - Show Bio

Just be nice and clever. Contrary to popular belief, there are plenty of young ladies who appreciate nice guys.

#11 Posted by lykopis (10753 posts) - - Show Bio

@Supreme Marvel said:

Make them laugh. And don't forget to relax around them, they won't bite you...that'll be for later. ;)

Seriously, its this. Make us laugh and we're like butter. Be genuine - we can spot insincerity a mile away and although it's probably true you'd get noticed by behaving like a jerk, those are the girls you want nothing to do with because you'd have to keep that persona up the whole time. And don't forget, there is a reaction to every action so odds are she's not the sweetest little thing.

Marching band is cool -- is there any girls on there you might be interested in? The wrestling team probably narrows down possibilities of interacting with girls but maybe there is a club you can join -- something related to comics like anime/manga even movie club? If there isn't, make one and place posters everywhere. Just doing that gives off the impression you are pretty confident. And yes -- be yourself. You have a lot of qualities that sound attractive to me. :)

#12 Edited by Asagod (292 posts) - - Show Bio

Just be who you are. You may not want to stay with a girl if you know this girl doesn't like ''geeks'' or whatever you think you are.

Think: How would you feel if your girlfriend started bullying a geek, as she doesn't know you are a geek? I would feel freaking bad. Don't you?

@lykopis said:

Seriously, its this. Make us laugh and we're like butter. Be genuine - we can spot insincerity a mile away and although it's probably true you'd get noticed by behaving like a jerk, those are the girls you want nothing to do with because you'd have to keep that persona up the whole time. And don't forget, there is a reaction to every action so odds are she's not the sweetest little thing.

Marching band is cool -- is there any girls on there you might be interested in? The wrestling team probably narrows down possibilities of interacting with girls but maybe there is a club you can join -- something related to comics like anime/manga even movie club? If there isn't, make one and place posters everywhere. Just doing that gives off the impression you are pretty confident. And yes -- be yourself.

This.

#13 Posted by sesquipedalophobe (4699 posts) - - Show Bio

Go up to the most attractive girl in school and tell her she's like a forbidden apple in a forgotten grove. Instant girlfriend.

#14 Posted by Super_SoldierXII (6232 posts) - - Show Bio

Three words; hot, hung and handsome.

Et voila! You've got women.

Yup, that'll 'get em' (stop pretending it won't gals) but it'll seldom 'keep em'. But hey, who wants to anyway? Too high maintenance ...

(Gets caught typing nonsense, then runs away while girlfriend beats him with a broom and spends the next week on the couch. Sigh.)

#15 Posted by BumpyBoo (8101 posts) - - Show Bio

@sesquipedalophobe said:

Go up to the most attractive girl in school and tell her she's like a forbidden apple in a forgotten grove. Instant girlfriend.

I would totally fall for that :) Genius.

#16 Posted by Funrush (1369 posts) - - Show Bio

@sesquipedalophobe said:

Is it tested?

#17 Edited by sesquipedalophobe (4699 posts) - - Show Bio

@Funrush: She thought it was so corny. We stayed together for four years.

@BumpyBoo: It came to me in a dream.

#18 Posted by Odyssey_Dawn (84674 posts) - - Show Bio

@Eternal19: Use Gambit or Fantomex as an avatar.

You're welcome.

#19 Posted by TheGoldenOne (38849 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambler: lol You are in every Off-topic relationship thread.
#20 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20120 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykopis said:

@Supreme Marvel said:

Marching band is cool -- is there any girls on there you might be interested in? The wrestling team probably narrows down possibilities of interacting with girls but maybe there is a club you can join -- something related to comics like anime/manga even movie club? If there isn't, make one and place posters everywhere. Just doing that gives off the impression you are pretty confident. And yes -- be yourself. You have a lot of qualities that sound attractive to me. :)

Spoken from experience I presume.

#21 Posted by lykopis (10753 posts) - - Show Bio

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek:

You know about when people presume. It makes a "pres" out of "u" and "me"....

no -- no good? (is this mike on?)

#22 Posted by Odyssey_Dawn (84674 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheGoldenOne said:

@Gambler: lol You are in every Off-topic relationship thread.

Call me the Looooove Doctor. Seriously though it amuses me when people seek out relationship advice on Comicvine.

#23 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20120 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykopis said:

Hahaahahaha! Mighty pun!

#24 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11263 posts) - - Show Bio

If laughter doesn't work, just pull a gun on them demand their number.

How the pro's do it...

#25 Edited by lykopis (10753 posts) - - Show Bio

@Super_SoldierXII said:

Three words; hot, hung and handsome.

Et voila! You've got women.

Yup, that'll 'get em' (stop pretending it won't gals) but it'll seldom 'keep em'. But hey, who wants to anyway? Too high maintenance ...

(Gets caught typing nonsense, then runs away while girlfriend beats him with a broom and spends the next week on the couch. Sigh.)

Omg -- there went my green tea every where -- lol!

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek said:

@lykopis said:

Hahaahahaha! Mighty pun!

**screenshots rare approval from YourNeighborhoodComicGeek**

Thanks, bro! I'm kewl now on the CV....

#26 Posted by Strider92 (16238 posts) - - Show Bio

@Supreme Marvel said:

I like this answer! Seems pretty accurate to me.

#27 Posted by Kal'smahboi (3503 posts) - - Show Bio

Dude, it's not about "getting a girlfriend." You speak like it's like "getting a Corvette," like it's a status symbol.

If you just meet people and form real honest relationships with them, a girlfriend will come naturally eventually.

#28 Posted by x_29 (2274 posts) - - Show Bio

High school girls suck. Do not worry about trying to get a girl in high school. Focus on being you.

#29 Posted by YoungJustice (6735 posts) - - Show Bio

@CrimsonAvenger said:

I will be back when I post something extremely similar to this on Giant Bomb.

#30 Posted by IZZR (4289 posts) - - Show Bio

@Eternal19 said:

Im in highschool and i dont want to go the rest of my highschool experience not being noticed by at least a few of the girls at my highschool. Im a junior whos in the marching band and wrestling team at my school, im pretty toned and in good shape, im not the most attractive person, and I have a 4.2 GPA. Im also recognized as the comic book geek and a lot of people know that i read comics and see me read them

I would tell you to be yourself but you sound like youre a nice guy and sadly most girls are too retarded to notice nice guys, so what you'll need to do is improve your confidence, talk to a few girls dont be shy because even if they reject you they can see you have balls and thats a turn on for girls, try to make a couple female friends and that will surely help too, if you start getting close to a couple of them make sure youre always unattainable, make it like no girl can get you that will make all of them work hard as sh*t to get your attention and to basically make you theirs, ignore your instinct of trying to wifey a girl up coz the chances of that girl being a b*tch is very high so stay calm cool and never give too much away, be funny and dont ever be too nice. EVER.

#31 Edited by The Stegman (23784 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't listen to all that "be yourself" bologna, What you gotta do is kidnap her. Stockholm Syndrome does the rest.
#32 Posted by Imagine_Man15 (1801 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't do anything special. Just act the same way around them as you would anyone else... and if you're lucky, it'll happen naturally

#33 Posted by Funrush (1369 posts) - - Show Bio

@sesquipedalophobe said:

@Funrush: She thought it was so corny. We stayed together for four years.

@BumpyBoo: It came to me in a dream.

Oh, wow. I should try that sometime.

Why didn't I get a PM for that? Must be some glitching this month.

#34 Posted by superstay (9678 posts) - - Show Bio

@Eternal19:

Sorry dude I can't help you, I'm going off to college and I've never even talk to a girl my age longer than 15min. I say be yourself and talk to them more. d^_^b

#35 Posted by minigunman123 (3116 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol @ school systems giving higher than 4.0 GPA's. You can get better than a perfect score now? HAX

Anyway. Don't worry about getting girls. If that's what you worry about, your GPA will drop, you'll start doing crazy stuff to impress or attract them, and they won't be the kind you'll actually be interested in. Just go through life normally and ask a few people out, but don't make it your focus; a better tactic is to try and make it the GIRL'S focus to get in good with YOU. Make them come to you and they'll be all yours ;)

Also, as mentioned before, laughter helps. Make them laugh from time to time, unless that's really not who you are.

One last thing. You might want a girlfriend, but think of all the responsibilities that come with that; and think of how a girl at your age probably is not going to be mature, and understanding, when the crap hits the fan. I'd wait until you're 18 to start dating, that way you're a little more mature, and so are they. Dating is essentially a tool to find a life-partner, be it husband or wife; at any age below 18 that's a little premature, since it takes time to even understand who you are, much less who you want to be with or how you know when you've found someone you really care about. Give it some time. What you're probably feeling is just a little unappreciated or lonely; hanging out with friends more might help that.

#36 Posted by jobiwankenobi (1459 posts) - - Show Bio

I love how you ask Comic people, comic people on the internet no less, for advice on women. Sorry that's just funny; I don't mean to be rude or anything.

This is like the fifteenth thread made for this topic anyway. What are people thinking?

#37 Posted by jobiwankenobi (1459 posts) - - Show Bio

@minigunman123: It's a weighted GPA. I have like a 3.7 unweighted and and 5.2 weighted.

#38 Posted by minigunman123 (3116 posts) - - Show Bio

@jobiwankenobi said:

@minigunman123: It's a weighted GPA. I have like a 3.7 unweighted and and 5.2 weighted.

WTF is a weighted GPA, and how can it get to 5.2? School system nowadays is wackadoodle.

#39 Posted by nickzambuto (13327 posts) - - Show Bio

@Eternal19 said:

You're not seriously asking Comic Vine are you?

#40 Posted by Dracade102 (8167 posts) - - Show Bio

Rob a bank or something and get a ridiculous amount of money and then claim you inherited that money from a close relative. You'll then have sympathy and the attraction that comes from wealth. If that works then girls will be taking reservations to go out with you...

#41 Posted by HBKTimHBK (5240 posts) - - Show Bio

Be yourself, and find a girl that has relatively similar interests as you, get to know her, and just try to be up front with it.

#42 Posted by nickthedevil (11872 posts) - - Show Bio

Practice with the girls that are lower on the food chain, work your way up.

#43 Posted by joshmightbe (24876 posts) - - Show Bio

Find a girl, ask her out, if she says no ask another til one says yes. Take girl on a date see if it goes anywhere, if not repeat process until it works out or at least build up some dating experience that will help you when you're out of high school.

#44 Posted by jobiwankenobi (1459 posts) - - Show Bio

@minigunman123 said:

@jobiwankenobi said:

WTF is a weighted GPA, and how can it get to 5.2? School system nowadays is wackadoodle.

You take an honors, AP, or other type of advanced course. It requires more work and is more challenging. So they weigh your GPA. At my school, taking an honors course gives you a 1.5 weight and an AP course doubles it. So say you get a 3.0 in both classes. The honors weighted GPA will be a 4.5 and the AP will be a 6.0.

#45 Posted by TheSheepHerder (11958 posts) - - Show Bio

Just talk and act normally. Like Lyko and SM said, make them laugh!

Also I am not paying $13.99 a second for dating advice, even if it is from Ryan. x)

#46 Posted by Squalleon (4497 posts) - - Show Bio

@Eternal19: Try to be more open to people.Don't read comics all the time,comics are great when you are alone but when you can have friends with you don't let these oppurtunities pass.Make some connection, be yourself and also try not to be akward.

#47 Posted by TheSwordsman (1954 posts) - - Show Bio

Update your wardrobe by observing what the popular people are wearing and emulating their style of clothing and shoes. Keep your hair cut (once a week is ideal) in one of the popular styles. Floss and brush (especially your tongue, and scrape your tongue if you can) 2-3 times daily. Use a proven whitening toothpaste. Get any cavities pulled or filled if necessary. Keep mints and gum on you. Bath/shower daily and twice daily if you can. Take care of your skin and address any acne problems with proactic or some similar product.Your appearance and hygiene count a lot when trying to attract women, especially the cute ones. Once you have attracted them be yourself and ask a lot of questions, listen, nod, and ask more questions and try to act calm around them. If they are interested they will eventually start to ask you questions about yourself etc.

#48 Posted by danhimself (22447 posts) - - Show Bio

Go up to the biggest, toughest guy and punch him in the face

#49 Posted by TheAcidSkull (17792 posts) - - Show Bio

i'd help you but i have no idea what to say, can't even help myself , girls are riddles to me

#50 Posted by IZZR (4289 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheSwordsman said:

Update your wardrobe by observing what the popular people are wearing and emulating their style of clothing and shoes. Keep your hair cut (once a week is ideal) in one of the popular styles. Floss and brush (especially your tongue, and scrape your tongue if you can) 2-3 times daily. Use a proven whitening toothpaste. Get any cavities pulled or filled if necessary. Keep mints and gum on you. Bath/shower daily and twice daily if you can. Take care of your skin and address any acne problems with proactic or some similar product.Your appearance and hygiene count a lot when trying to attract women, especially the cute ones. Once you have attracted them be yourself and ask a lot of questions, listen, nod, and ask more questions and try to act calm around them. If they are interested they will eventually start to ask you questions about yourself etc.

Thats hella good advice hygene is definately a top priority as too many dudes have unpleasant smells and what not and they dont seem to understand the ladies aint feeling that, in this day and age women are very superficial as we men are so you gotta make the best of yourself and try look good all the damn time. You just have to never seem desperate keep them on their toes if possible make the girl feel insecure as much as you can and make it seem that she needs you lol i sound like an asshole but i was really nice once and girl didnt appreciate it so you gotta change your game up.