Sword Art Online Plot Hole?

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

How did they relocate all the players with the NerveGear equipped to hospitals without killing them in the process?

Astral_Trinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How did they relocate all the players with the NerveGear equipped to hospitals without killing them in the process?

Easy, they never were disconnected from the server, nowadays, creating a hot spot is easy.

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mysticmedivh said:

Easy, they never were disconnected from the server, nowadays, creating a hot spot is easy.

Yes, but the NerveGear is connected to a power outlet. Take the NerveGear off? You die. Pull it out the plug? You die. So how did they move the patient?

Avatar image for doctor_wheatley
Doctor_Wheatley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

sacredweapons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Its had a battery. When they start up it shows on the top right with three battery.

Astral_Trinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@astral_trinity said:

@mysticmedivh said:

Yes, but the NerveGear is connected to a power outlet. Take the NerveGear off? You die. Pull it out the plug? You die. So how did they move the patient?

Any sophisticated electronic gadget has an auxiliary power supply in case of power disturbance or fluctuations to prevent breakdowns.

albusan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ask Giantbomb.

magnablue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By magnablue

Your thinking too much into this

gamiz7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i only saw the first 5 episodes , i stopped watching cause i kept finding plot holes, i also nitpicked alot

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mysticmedivh: It has a battery in the helmet.

Its had a battery. When they start up it shows on the top right with three battery.

If that's the case then why did they specifically say pulling it out of the plug would kill you?

@gamiz7 said:

i only saw the first 5 episodes , i stopped watching cause i kept finding plot holes, i also nitpicked alot

You did? Well gee, I'm sorry you had a bad experience. I thought the anime was pretty good.

Doctor_Wheatley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gamiz7: never heard of the plug option, the only things were if you try to take the helmet off or if you remove the battery.

What plot holes did you find?

Astral_Trinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@doctor_wheatley said:

@sacredweapons said:

If that's the case then why did they specifically say pulling it out of the plug would kill you?

@gamiz7 said:

You did? Well gee, I'm sorry you had a bad experience. I thought the anime was pretty good.

Figure of speech

gamiz7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By gamiz7

@mysticmedivh: i hated it but i also felt i was too harsh on the series but i also heard it got worse later on, i feel like i have spoiled with some really in terms of anime and anything lesser will dissapoint me

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

>Sword Art Online

>plot

Pick one.

Astral_Trinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

gamiz7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@doctor_wheatley: alot of the plot holes were me nitpicking but here are a few, why doesnt any body else have a dragon or pet only one girl was shown with one and she was low level, how did she get one, why doesnt kirito try to get one , it would help him alot since he is soloing the game, its not a class specific ability cause they say in the second episode there is no class system in the game

also if kirito is studied kendo why doesnt he use a two handed sword instead of a one handed short sword

Astral_Trinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gamiz7 said:

@doctor_wheatley: alot of the plot holes were me nitpicking but here are a few, why doesnt any body else have a dragon or pet only one girl was shown with one and she was low level, how did she get one, why doesnt kirito try to get one , it would help him alot since he is soloing the game, its not a class specific ability cause they say in the second episode there is no class system in the game

also if kirito is studied kendo why doesnt he use a two handed sword instead of a one handed short sword

As an MMO player, the reason maybe is that beast taming stat build is not str or agi, you need this stats to survive SOA. Dual Wielding is a special skill granted at random kinda like a surprise box to MVP players like Yuki. Besides, if you use a 2 handed sword, you will only get 2X damage while if you are dual wielding, you can get different swords with different effect.

Doctor_Wheatley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Doctor_Wheatley

@gamiz7: well spoilers if you read this.

She was a beast trainer which is not a survivalist build, and everyone wants to survive via str or dex builds. She had the tactic of looking cute with her pet so people would protect her.

More spoilers, he used one handed swords because they are quick and he was keeping a secret. Later on in the anime asuna ask why doesnt he use a shield. The reason is that he has a secret ability that allows him to dual wield. It is given to the player with the fastest reaction time. If he had shown this ability in public he would be targeted by pkers. He doesn't use a shield because he's all offense no defense.

gamiz7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@astral_trinity: the more i hear about how the sao game plays, the more terrible it sounds the game must of gotten terrible reviews, and secondly people wasted their time with cooking skills but not training dragons? also kirito wasnt duel wielding

Doctor_Wheatley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Doctor_Wheatley

@gamiz7: Food heals and you can sell it, and probably is a lot easier than training a dragon. Think sao as dark souls without magical spells, just gear. The anime is about them trying to escape, there isn't really any showings of actual gameplay mechanics since the anime mostly focuses on story rather than gameplay.

And since he unlock a dual wielding ability he probably focused on his one handed sword skills rather than two handed. Something like skyrim skill trees I guess.

Astral_Trinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gamiz7: well spoilers if you read this.

She was a beast trainer which is not a survivalist build, and everyone wants to survive via str or dex builds. She had the tactic of looking cute with her pet so people would protect her.

More spoilers, he used one handed swords because they are quick and he was keeping a secret. Later on in the anime asuna ask why doesnt he use a shield. The reason is that he has a secret ability that allows him to dual wield. It is given to the player with the fastest reaction time. If he had shown this ability in public he would be targeted by pkers. He doesn't use a shield because he's all offense no defense.

DPS Knight FTW! ;p

Astral_Trinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gamiz7: Food heals and you can sell it, and probably is a lot easier than training a dragon. Think sao as dark souls without magical spells, just gear. The anime is about them trying to escape, there isn't really any showings of actual gameplay mechanics since the anime mostly focuses on story rather than gameplay.

Plus food in some MMO grants stat boost.

Doctor_Wheatley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@astral_trinity: yeah later on in the anime he basically is a dps build. It gets cool as his fights intensify.

gamiz7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@doctor_wheatley: dark souls without magic sounds awful why would someone play that!?

Doctor_Wheatley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gamiz7: lol many people play dark souls without using magic, THEY AINT NO CASUALS

Doctor_Wheatley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh.. I forgot sao had a season 2... how was it? I stopped at all episode 4

Astral_Trinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@astral_trinity: yeah later on in the anime he basically is a dps build. It gets cool as his fights intensify.

Agreed, and the only thing missing is Life Steal or Mana Drain. lol

gamiz7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@doctor_wheatley: i heard it was even dumber, kirito becomes a girl for some stupid reason

Astral_Trinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gamiz7 said:

@doctor_wheatley: i heard it was even dumber, kirito becomes a girl for some stupid reason

He did not become a girl, when he transferred his account from ALO to GGO in the request of the Government to stop a player named Deathgun in killing players IRL, he was given a rare avatar that looks like a girl but actually a male because of its petite build and long hair.

The Petite AV actually helps because it can move faster and not easy to hit.

Astral_Trinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It is also a jab at male players using female AV and acting like it to exploit male players so they can get money and/or items.

gamiz7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@astral_trinity: i still think its dumb, do you recomend any anime that i wont be able to nitpick so easily?

Astral_Trinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gamiz7 said:

@astral_trinity: i still think its dumb, do you recomend any anime that i wont be able to nitpick so easily?

In fairness, SAO is meant for MMO players, you cannot understand some plot if you are not.

As for anime to recommend, do you nit pick if boobs are concerned?

*Evil Face*

gamiz7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@astral_trinity: i am a mmo player, my opinion on boobs in anime, is if nudity and being raunchy is all the show has going for it, then its not going to hold my interest for very long, its going to need good plot and characters and violence lots of violence, and also good pacing

Astral_Trinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gamiz7 said:

@astral_trinity: i am a mmo player, my opinion on boobs in anime, is if nudity and being raunchy is all the show has going for it, then its not going to hold my interest for very long, its going to need good plot and characters and violence lots of violence, and also good pacing

Just messing with you dude.

I recommend Mahōka Kōkō no Rettōsei. It has good plot and interesting storyline. Good pacing too.

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By mysticmedivh

@astral_trinity

@sacredweapons said:

@gamiz7: never heard of the plug option, the only things were if you try to take the helmet off or if you remove the battery.

No Caption Provided

In the first episode Kayaba Akihiko said that in the case that someone from the outside world did try to remove it there was an internal battery inside the helmet for the purpose of emitting microwaves in order to kill you. So I suppose internal battery isn't the right answer.

Astral_Trinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@astral_trinity

@doctor_wheatley said:

@sacredweapons said:

@doctor_wheatley said:

No Caption Provided

In the first episode Kayaba Akihiko said that in the case that someone from the outside world did try to remove it there was an internal battery inside the helmet for the purpose of emitting microwaves in order to kill you. So I suppose internal battery isn't the right answer.

As long as the server know your still log-on (Trying to physically remove the nervgear will log you off), the microwave system will not be activated.