• 134 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by martyyy15 (1223 posts) - - Show Bio

This is a thread to discuss how marriage is ONLY one man and one woman. Post your opinions here ( in a nice and mature way). I personally think that Marriage is only one man and one woman and it needs to stay that way....Discuss ( without fighting XD)

#2 Edited by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

#3 Posted by MistressOfTheElements (514 posts) - - Show Bio

What is the point of this thread? Gays can marry each other you have to realize this is modern times not traditional times..

#4 Posted by dccomicsrule2011 (23131 posts) - - Show Bio

This thread should be interesting.....

#5 Posted by martyyy15 (1223 posts) - - Show Bio

@innervenom123:

ROFL. Well played....but really it is one man one woman XD

#6 Edited by SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26 (5788 posts) - - Show Bio

Rick Perry, what the hell are you doing?

#7 Posted by joshmightbe (24598 posts) - - Show Bio

Actually if you consider history then polygamy is just as traditional as 1 man 1 woman

#8 Edited by laflux (14101 posts) - - Show Bio

-_____________________________________________________________________________________________________-

#9 Edited by martyyy15 (1223 posts) - - Show Bio

@mistressoftheelements:

To discuss traditional marriage, there is a gay marraige thread so there is every right to have a traditonal marriage one. We traditional marriage supporters are allowed to voice opinions too lol ^^ ( hence this thread)

#10 Edited by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

I now declare this the gayest thread on Comicvine.

I shall plant my phallic flag into this thread. Repeatedly.

#11 Posted by lilben42 (2494 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree with traditional marriage. The only reason I would support gay marriage is because of free rights.

#12 Posted by martyyy15 (1223 posts) - - Show Bio

@lilben42:

I support gay rights for sure but marriage is one man one woman. ITs always been that way its defiened that way.

#13 Posted by MistressOfTheElements (514 posts) - - Show Bio

@martyyy15: Whatever..Good luck with the responses *Chuckles*..This is going to be one funny thread

#14 Posted by martyyy15 (1223 posts) - - Show Bio

@innervenom123:

uhh yeah can you not post pics like that please. THanks

#15 Posted by Xwraith (15149 posts) - - Show Bio

#16 Posted by martyyy15 (1223 posts) - - Show Bio
#17 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6088 posts) - - Show Bio

So, gay people just shouldn't have the same rights as straight people?

That's not a very nice idea to support. Equal rights would be better.

#18 Posted by joshmightbe (24598 posts) - - Show Bio
#19 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

Or maybe I'll just scissor around a bit for the ladies who like other ladies.

#20 Posted by martyyy15 (1223 posts) - - Show Bio

@v_scarlotte_rose:

Its just wrong, I mean marriage has a meaning and that is one man one woman. They can create their own version of it but marriage must remain sacred.

#21 Posted by MistressOfTheElements (514 posts) - - Show Bio

@martyyy15: Actually I was being sarcastic you know there is going to be a lot of negative discussion on this thread because a lot of people actually believe in equal right's..

#22 Posted by martyyy15 (1223 posts) - - Show Bio

@innervenom123:

Same thing can you not post pics like that please. Thank you

#23 Posted by BumpyBoo (7639 posts) - - Show Bio

Hell no, if I meet the right person and they just happen to be a woman...I'm proposing. No debate about it. Marriage is for people who love each other.

#24 Edited by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

@innervenom123:

Only when you stop pretending you're morally correct by denying others their rights.

In the meantime.

GAYYYYYYYY TIME

#25 Edited by joshmightbe (24598 posts) - - Show Bio

@martyyy15: marriage was originally imtended as a business transaction between a father and his daighter's husband the woman originally had no say in it what so ever

#26 Edited by martyyy15 (1223 posts) - - Show Bio

@mistressoftheelements: Marriage is defined though, I mean if you wanna get technical they do have a right to marry by its defination. Man can marry woman, woman can marry man. ( Im not trying to fight just get a mature debate going here lol). Lets hope it stays mature lol, I mean as adults we should be able to do that here...I hope *waiting for blue lantern ring to appear* ROFL

#27 Posted by martyyy15 (1223 posts) - - Show Bio

@innervenom123:

you sir are mean lol...and c'mon seriosuly stop posting pics like that

#28 Edited by martyyy15 (1223 posts) - - Show Bio

Can we only post stright pics here as this is kinda a stright marriage thread. If you want to post that stuff there is a gay marriage one, knock yourself out lol

#29 Edited by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6088 posts) - - Show Bio

@martyyy15: Why should gay people have to come up with another term for what is the same thing?

#30 Edited by dccomicsrule2011 (23131 posts) - - Show Bio

Marriage is highly overrated in general,if two people love each other why do they have to get married? That being said I'm all for gay Marriage,if any two adults love each other they should have the right to marry,I have yet to see a good reason to deny said right (and yes I do not consider what was said in the Bible to be a good reason)

#31 Posted by martyyy15 (1223 posts) - - Show Bio
#32 Posted by King Saturn (223788 posts) - - Show Bio

Why can't a person support both "Traditional Marriage" as you say and "Gay Marriage" ? Why is it one or the other ? And why is it such a problem for those who support only Traditional Marriage to understand that Same Sex Marriage is already something that has passed in America anyways ?

#33 Posted by Joygirl (18445 posts) - - Show Bio

We haven't seen @akbogert here yet... he must be at lunch.

#34 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio
#35 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6088 posts) - - Show Bio

@martyyy15: Marriage is two people who love each other showing commitment to each other. It doesn't matter who they are.

#36 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (17563 posts) - - Show Bio

I am glad to see that most people who have posted can see past the bigotry of this thread. Now Id do away with marriage personally but as I have said before as long as marriage exists then people should have the right to get married regardless of sexuality.

@innervenom123:

you sir are mean lol...and c'mon seriosuly stop posting pics like that

Like what exactly?

#37 Posted by tupiaz (2168 posts) - - Show Bio

The government shouldn't get involved it is a matter between the people getting married and the religious house. It is up to the church/Mosque/synagogue/temple and so on who they want to marry not the government.

#38 Posted by martyyy15 (1223 posts) - - Show Bio

@innervenom123:

Ok I'm asking yet again nicely. To stop. Please be mature or leave this conversation lol, its pretty easy

#39 Posted by martyyy15 (1223 posts) - - Show Bio
#40 Posted by joshmightbe (24598 posts) - - Show Bio

The term traditional marriage is very vague and is considered different by many cultures. Some cultures consider a man with multiple wives traditional some view marriage as nothing more than temporary while some still see it as just business so really there is no definitive traditonal marriage.

#41 Edited by martyyy15 (1223 posts) - - Show Bio
#42 Posted by Darkchild (40624 posts) - - Show Bio

Or maybe I'll just scissor around a bit for the ladies who like other ladies.

I LOVE YOU

#43 Posted by SOG7dc (6713 posts) - - Show Bio
#44 Edited by laflux (14101 posts) - - Show Bio

Can we only post stright pics here as this is kinda a stright marriage thread. If you want to post that stuff there is a gay marriage one, knock yourself out lol

@innervenom123:

you told us to voice our opinions

And you said nothing about gifs...............................

#45 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

@martyyy15: You come into my off-topic forum and start this kind of thread, you better expect a sizable reaction.

In this case, the reaction happens to be really, really gay.

#46 Posted by martyyy15 (1223 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkchild:

Your not helping bro. Ugh feel like I'm watching a bunch of 2 year olds -_-

#47 Edited by mrdecepticonleader (17563 posts) - - Show Bio

@martyyy15:

I am just going to quote this to you since I think you need to read that.

The term traditional marriage is very vague and is considered different by many cultures. Some cultures consider a man with multiple wives traditional some view marriage as nothing more than temporary while some still see it as just business so really there is no definitive traditional marriage.

I am just going to quote this to you since I think you need to read that.

#48 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6088 posts) - - Show Bio

@v_scarlotte_rose:

*facepalm* oh man this world has fallen lol

So why do you personally think it should remain as just one man and one woman?

#49 Edited by MistressOfTheElements (514 posts) - - Show Bio

@martyyy15: Delete this thread then..Now you wonder why people don't make threads like this

#50 Posted by martyyy15 (1223 posts) - - Show Bio