#6  Edited By turoksonofstone

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

#7  Edited By Samimista

I didn't read it but seen pictures of the guy...Some people are just 'special'.

MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By MrDirector786

Interesting.

difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By difficlus

Phoenix jones...well he'll probably make bail.

SpidermanWins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 13

#10  Edited By SpidermanWins

Damn that costume is pretty lame but this dude is seriously gotta be off the wall. Looks like he could barely move. That's just stupid C'mon. Although it is bulletproof.... Interesting.

difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By difficlus

I don't even see how he assaulted anyone, he tried to break up the fight between some drunk lowlife idiots, turns out this is just another night out for them in their existence (getting drunk and getting into street fights) and they hate how he ruined their fun so they turned against him and chased him around and were attacking him and tried to beat him. He defended himself by deploying pepper spray. obviously the police just don't like him...

weaponmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By weaponmaster

Looks to me like a case of police bias. He did what a superhero does, he went to break up a fight. And the drunks turned on him. he could have beat them up, but he used pepper spray showing restraint.

I think his costume is cool looking. much better than the kick ass costume and better than anyones ive seen here on comicvine.

So many jealous haters on comicvine. The guys doing what we all know we dream of: being a superhero. But all you can do is be jealous of him and insult him out of envy because you are either not athletic enough or are afraid.

CATPANEXE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13  Edited By CATPANEXE

the system hates when anyone steps outside what is the established norm as doing so indicates proof that the norm itself is an illusion, and thereby

threatens the credibility of the system, which without many persons would be sans lofty occupations and delusions of power.

Avatar image for trueilluminatus
TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By TrueIlluminatus
@weaponmaster said:

Looks to me like a case of police bias. He did what a superhero does, he went to break up a fight. And the drunks turned on him. he could have beat them up, but he used pepper spray showing restraint.

I think his costume is cool looking. much better than the kick ass costume and better than anyones ive seen here on comicvine.

So many jealous haters on comicvine. The guys doing what we all know we dream of: being a superhero. But all you can do is be jealous of him and insult him out of envy because you are either not athletic enough or are afraid.

I can't think of a single user on this site that is actually jealous of this moron. 

Superhero antics are impractical in the real world, where the idea of being a "hero" is regularly mocked and not advised. 
Avatar image for texasdeathmatch
texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By texasdeathmatch
@weaponmaster said:

...Would you like to start a super hero squad?
Ego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Ego

bs that's no super hero. that's a poser.

_Marco_Smith_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By _Marco_Smith_

lol, he has a backup costume.

If I ever lose my grip on reality, this is totally what I'm going to do.

texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By texasdeathmatch
@Ego said:

bs that's no super hero. that's a poser.

At least he's making an effort to help those in need.

Anyways, did anyone watch the Superheroes documentary on HBO? Pretty interesting sh*t. Some dudes use it to cope with social/psychological issues, while others are the "real deal" and actually train daily.
_Marco_Smith_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By _Marco_Smith_

@texasdeathmatch:What? I wanna see. Gimme link >:|

texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By texasdeathmatch
@_Marco_Smith_: Well it was on HBO...but here's the trailer:

_Marco_Smith_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By _Marco_Smith_

@texasdeathmatch: That looks pretty awesome.

texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By texasdeathmatch
@_Marco_Smith_: Yeah, I don't watch as many documentaries as I should, but I really enjoyed this one and found it pretty insightful to a world I knew very little about.   

But yeah, if I lost my mind, I'd probably convince myself to be a crime fighter...and then get stabbed.
weaponmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By weaponmaster

@texasdeathmatch said:

@weaponmaster said:

Absolutely.

_Marco_Smith_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By _Marco_Smith_

@texasdeathmatch: I'd get all armored up like Azrael when he was Batman, make a crude flamethrower, and declare war on the underworld, dousing the loiterers, and random bystanders in a baptism of flame.

texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By texasdeathmatch
@weaponmaster said:

@texasdeathmatch said:

@weaponmaster said:

Absolutely.

An interesting proposition...Did you ever watch that documentary I mentioned earlier, Superheroes?

@_Marco_Smith_ said:

@texasdeathmatch: I'd get all armored up like Azrael when he was Batman, make a crude flamethrower, and declare war on the underworld, dousing the loiterers, and random bystanders in a baptism of flame.

Haha wow, that's not very super hero-y at all.
_Marco_Smith_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By _Marco_Smith_

@texasdeathmatch:Then maybe I'll be a super villain, and try to take over the world... With my army of homeless.

weaponmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By weaponmaster

@texasdeathmatch said:

@weaponmaster said:

@texasdeathmatch said:

@weaponmaster said:

Absolutely.

An interesting proposition...Did you ever watch that documentary I mentioned earlier, Superheroes?

@_Marco_Smith_ said:

I remember seeing the previews for it and thought to myself that is a must see, but as i don't watch television much I ende up missing its air dates. I have found a link to watch in and will after I watch The Ultimate Fighter.

Also if your costume is stab-proof you will not get stabbed...lol.

And it looks like you have found a villain in the making. Burning bystanders or even the thought of it is repulsive. This guy needs an extended stay at Arkham asap.

texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By texasdeathmatch
@weaponmaster said:

@texasdeathmatch said:

@weaponmaster said:

@texasdeathmatch said:

@weaponmaster said:

Absolutely.

@_Marco_Smith_ said:

I remember seeing the previews for it and thought to myself that is a must see, but as i don't watch television much I ende up missing its air dates. I have found a link to watch in and will after I watch The Ultimate Fighter.

And it looks like you have found a villain in the making. Burning bystanders or even the thought of it is repulsive. This guy needs an extended stay at Arkham asap.

Hah yeah definitely worth watching. I think you'd appreciate the people who actually take it seriously and train with others.

But yeah, if you became a hero, you know I'd naturally have to be your nemesis :D
_Marco_Smith_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By _Marco_Smith_

@weaponmaster:These towns deserve a better class of criminal... And I'm gonna give it to em.

texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By texasdeathmatch
@_Marco_Smith_ said:

@weaponmaster:These towns deserve a better class of criminal... And I'm gonna give it to em.

hahaha
_Marco_Smith_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By _Marco_Smith_

@texasdeathmatch: Maybe when I'm 70 :P

Avatar image for turoksonofstone
turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 24

#33  Edited By turoksonofstone
@turoksonofstone said:

Whats interesting to me is he is apparently a comic collecting MMA fighter of some renown in his "Secret ID.
TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By TrueIlluminatus
@aztek_the_lost said:

@Illuminatus said:

@weaponmaster said:

I can't think of a single user on this site that is actually jealous of this moron. Superhero antics are impractical in the real world, where the idea of being a "hero" is regularly mocked and not advised.

the real world also breeds and encourages filth and hates the idea of people who want to do the right thing and pursue sound moral agendas

I don't disagree. But this guy should've done a few things before pursuing his goals: 

1. He should've considered what it could do to his business/employees. 
 2. He should've considered the possibility that his secret identity would be revealed( which it was), which could possibly lead to harm against his friends and loved ones. 
3. Considered that he could very well be shot in the face (which he nearly was). 
weaponmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By weaponmaster

@Illuminatus said:

@weaponmaster said:

I can't think of a single user on this site that is actually jealous of this moron. Superhero antics are impractical in the real world, where the idea of being a "hero" is regularly mocked and not advised.

I can think of one right now. Find a mirror and you will see him

Thinking of oneself as able to read the minds of other users on this site is indicative of very flawed thinking at best band of being affected by delusions at worst. There is also the possibility, hypothetically speaking of course, that both can be possible. Jealous people rarely, if ever, admit that they are indeed aflicted with the green-eyed-monster.

Your unnecessary insults punctuate your envy.

Heroing is, quite obviously, not about practicality. Anyone with a modicum of intelligence would never even postulate that there is a percieved parallel between the two.

Many trailblazers were mocked. Polish up on your history. It is a veritable theme thoughout the millenia.There have been jealous haters since the dawn of time and apparently they are still prevalent.

There are certainly many people who are lauded as heroes and extolled for their bravery. The exception being those who are jealous and envious. They typically insult the heroes because of what I would surmise are deep-seated esteem issues.

weaponmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By weaponmaster

@texasdeathmatch said:

@weaponmaster said:

@texasdeathmatch said:

@weaponmaster said:

@texasdeathmatch said:

@weaponmaster said:

Absolutely.

@_Marco_Smith_ said:

Hah yeah definitely worth watching. I think you'd appreciate the people who actually take it seriously and train with others. But yeah, if you became a hero, you know I'd naturally have to be your nemesis :D

Judging from your username I actually did know that you would choose the criminals path. You made the wrong choice, Villain. I accept your challenge and anticipate your timely defeat at the hands of none other than myself. :D

TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By TrueIlluminatus
@weaponmaster said:

@Illuminatus said:

@weaponmaster said:

Thinking of oneself as able to read the minds of other users on this site is indicative of very flawed thinking at best band of being affected by delusions at worst. There is also the possibility, hypothetically speaking of course, that both can be possible. Jealous people rarely, if ever, admit that they are indeed aflicted with the green-eyed-monster.

Heroing is, quite obviously, not about practicality. Anyone with a modicum of intelligence would never even postulate that there is a percieved parallel between the two.

Many trailblazers were mocked. Polish up on your history. It is a veritable theme thoughout the millenia.There have been jealous haters since the dawn of time and apparently they are still prevalent.

There are certainly many people who are lauded as heroes and extolled for their bravery. The exception being those who are jealous and envious. They typically insult the heroes because of what I would surmise are deep-seated esteem issues.

You seem to have some pre-conceived notion that I'm jealous of him. I'm simply not. It's become apparent he didn't really think this thing through before starting down this path, seeing as he's now claiming that his family is at risk.  

It's also become apparent to me that you're the one with the flawed thinking. You immediately assumed that because I called him a "moron", I'm jealous of the fact that he's walking around the streets at night, in some odd looking costume with pepper spray and a nightstick. You don't know me. Don't tell me I'm the one with flawed thinking, when you're doing exactly what you're trying to accuse me of doing. 

Tell me, are you jealous of him? 

Practicality is necessary if one wants to achieve something worthwhile with their "heroics" in most cases. The rare times when one acts on a whim at a moment's notice are another matter entirely. He made plans (barely) to go out and roam the street. 

"jealous haters" Oh yes, anyone who uses that has to be more intelligent than me. 

I insulted him because what he did was moronic. Any person with an ounce of common sense would say the same. What he's doing is brave and commendable, yes. Do I think it's foolish? Yes.  If someone jumps on a grenade to save his friends, it's foolish (from a logical standpoint) , but incredibly brave to sacrifice your life for your fellow soldiers.
OmegaDynasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By OmegaDynasty
@_Marco_Smith_ said:

@texasdeathmatch:Then maybe I'll be a super villain, and try to take over the world... With my army of homeless.

Good luck with that. Homeless people are a superstitious cowardly sort. 
Avatar image for curbsideprophet
CurbsideProphet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By CurbsideProphet

I almost want to be a super hero again.@weaponmaster said:

This... I agree with this.
XLR87T3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By XLR87T3

@weaponmaster said:

That was the most amazing thing I have seen in 4 years. AN ACTUAL SUPER HERO!
weaponmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By weaponmaster

@Illuminatus said:

@weaponmaster said:

@Illuminatus said:

@weaponmaster said:

You seem to have some pre-conceived notion that I'm jealous of him. I'm simply not. It's become apparent he didn't really think this thing through before starting down this path, seeing as he's now claiming that his family is at risk.

It's also become apparent to me that you're the one with the flawed thinking. You immediately assumed that because I called him a "moron", I'm jealous of the fact that he's walking around the streets at night, in some odd looking costume with pepper spray and a nightstick. You don't know me. Don't tell me I'm the one with flawed thinking, when you're doing exactly what you're trying to accuse me of doing.

Practicality is necessary if one wants to achieve something worthwhile with their "heroics" in most cases. The rare times when one acts on a whim at a moment's notice are another matter entirely. He made plans (barely) to go out and roam the street.

"jealous haters" Oh yes, anyone who uses that has to be more intelligent than me. I insulted him because what he did was moronic. Any person with an ounce of common sense would say the same. What he's doing is brave and commendable, yes. Do I think it's foolish? Yes. If someone jumps on a grenade to save his friends, it's foolish (from a logical standpoint) , but incredibly brave to sacrifice your life for your fellow soldiers.

To thine own self be true....

He likely did consider these things as he seems quite intelligent. Heroes do what they do in spite of these things. It is call bravery and resolve.

Anyone who insults someone who is being a hero and trying to make a difference can be nothing but jealous. With that stated I actually stated that your thinking was flawed because of the fact that you stated that you can't think of a single user who is jealous, as if you could read other users minds. I am sorry that you did not comprehend this, as I made it quite clear.

No I am not jealous of him at all. I actually admire him and what he does. Tell me, would you really admit if you were jealous of someone. And before you ask me the same question the answer is: yes, I would admit it..

You are playing with semantics and altering what you initially meant when referring to practicality. Initially you meant that it was not wise to which i responded that superheroing is not necessarily wise nor does anyone with intelligence think that it is. Now you are altering your definition to mean preparedness. Disingenuous to be sure, but I will address that as well. You are making snap judgments based on whetever personal biases, of which I can only speculate, and assuming that he did not prepare. I would submit that he did and i actually researched his history, Did you? I seriously doubt it.

Your mistake is that you prejudge an individuals intelligence by their use of certain nomenclatures (and I am certain their is other criteria by which you do so). If i typed "totally dude" it would not have anything to do with my intellectual capacity yet those with certain personal biases would make a connection between the two, no matter how inane it would be to do so. I also never stated or inferred that i was more intelligent than you. The psychological implications of your statements concerning this are quite telling.

You insulted him because you were jealous. There was nothing commendable concerning him in your prior posts. So would you call someone who jumped on a grenade to save others a moron or their sacrafice moronic? Doubtful. Hey, it was your analogy. Perhaps some introspection on your part is in order.

TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By TrueIlluminatus
@weaponmaster said:

@Illuminatus said:

@weaponmaster said:

@Illuminatus said:

@weaponmaster said:

"jealous haters" Oh yes, anyone who uses that has to be more intelligent than me. I insulted him because what he did was moronic. Any person with an ounce of common sense would say the same. What he's doing is brave and commendable, yes. Do I think it's foolish? Yes. If someone jumps on a grenade to save his friends, it's foolish (from a logical standpoint) , but incredibly brave to sacrifice your life for your fellow soldiers.

He likely did consider these things as he seems quite intelligent. Heroes do what they do in spite of these things. It is call bravery and resolve.

Anyone who insults someone who is being a hero and trying to make a difference can be nothing but jealous. With that stated I actually stated that your thinking was flawed because of the fact that you stated that you can't think of a single user who is jealous, as if you could read other users minds. I am sorry that you did not comprehend this, as I made it quite clear.

No I am not jealous of him at all. I actually admire him and what he does. Tell me, would you really admit if you were jealous of someone. And before you ask me the same question the answer is: yes, I would admit it..

You are playing with semantics and altering what you initially meant when referring to practicality. Initially you meant that it was not wise to which i responded that superheroing is not necessarily wise nor does anyone with intelligence think that it is. Now you are altering your definition to mean preparedness. Disingenuous to be sure, but I will address that as well. You are making snap judgments based on whetever personal biases, of which I can only speculate, and assuming that he did not prepare. I would submit that he did and i actually researched his history, Did you? I seriously doubt it.

Your mistake is that you prejudge an individuals intelligence by their use of certain nomenclatures (and I am certain their is other criteria by which you do so). If i typed "totally dude" it would not have anything to do with my intellectual capacity yet those with certain personal biases would make a connection between the two, no matter how inane it would be to do so. I also never stated or inferred that i was more intelligent than you. The psychological implications of your statements concerning this are quite telling.

You insulted him because you were jealous. There was nothing commendable concerning him in your prior posts. So would you call someone who jumped on a grenade to save others a moron or their sacrafice moronic? Doubtful. Hey, it was your analogy. Perhaps some introspection on your part is in order.

So he considered them...and then what? Just went ahead and did it. Really, he should've put a slight bit more thought into this whole thing. 

Again, making assumptions about someone who you know nothing about. Childish, really. You hardly made your post earlier clear, as it seemed like an attempt to make me out to be something I'm not. 

I would admit it. I'm jealous of my sister because she has the patience to go through with Latin classes while I couldn't stand the subject for more than a month. I'm jealous of my friend Daryl who currently has a dog very similar to one I lost not long ago. I am jealous of other people, but not of Phoenix Jones. Nice try though. 

Tell me his history, because according you to, I obviously don't know anything about it. 

Stating "Anyone with a modicum of intelligence would never even postulate that there is perceived parallel between the two." comes off as you implying that I'm lacking in the intelligence department, which is a another baseless assumption.  

I'm not envious of this man in any way. You can go on believing that everything I type has some hidden message of low self-esteem.  

I barely even elaborated to anything in my original post. I did in the previous one. You're assuming that I'm purposely contradicting myself.  

Introspection? Read everything you've been writing. It is literally full of baseless psyche assumptions, which you're blatantly using to try and justify your opinion on the matter.  

I'm done here. Preach to someone else.
weaponmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By weaponmaster

@Illuminatus said:

@weaponmaster said:

@Illuminatus said:

@weaponmaster said:

@Illuminatus said:

@weaponmaster said:

So he considered them...and then what? Just went ahead and did it. Really, he should've put a slight bit more thought into this whole thing. Again, making assumptions about someone who you know nothing about. Childish, really. You hardly made your post earlier clear, as it seemed like an attempt to make me out to be something I'm not. I would admit it. I'm jealous of my sister because she has the patience to go through with Latin classes while I couldn't stand the subject for more than a month. I'm jealous of my friend Daryl who currently has a dog very similar to one I lost not long ago. I am jealous of other people, but not of Phoenix Jones. Nice try though. Tell me his history, because according you to, I obviously don't know anything about it. Stating "Anyone with a modicum of intelligence would never even postulate that there is perceived parallel between the two." comes off as you implying that I'm lacking in the intelligence department, which is a another baseless assumption. I'm not envious of this man in any way. You can go on believing that everything I type has some hidden message of low self-esteem. I barely even elaborated to anything in my original post. I did in the previous one. You're assuming that I'm purposely contradicting myself. Introspection? Read everything you've been writing. It is literally full of baseless psyche assumptions, which you're blatantly using to try and justify your opinion on the matter. I'm done here. Preach to someone else.

You see, that's the thing about bravery and resolve, they allow you to do things that seem daunting even though you think them through.

I Know enough to identify jealous behavior when i see and read it. And you are making many assumptions about this this superhero. So aren't you then being childish? Let it marinate.

My post was quite clear. That you had trouble clearly comprehending it is no fault of my own.It lays with you and you alone.

Methinks thou dost protest too soundly. Are you jealous of anyone of another color?

It is not my responsibility to educate you on his history. In the future do a little research.

Me stating "Anyone with a modicum of intelligence would never even postulate that there is perceived parallel between the two." was, of course a sardonic way of me highlighting your obvious bias.

I believe that you are indeed jealous and envious of him on some level. And I don't believe everything you type is related to self esteem issues.

Hmmm. So you had no idea that you were contradicting yourself and in that short period you forgot what context you used a word in. Hmmm....

Yes, Introspection. There was actually very little concerning psychology, relatively speaking. You are exercising a bit of hyperbole in that statement and are ommiting most of what I was stating.

Concession accepted.

Life is change, growth is entirely optional. I would suggest you choose growth. There, now you have officially been "preached to"

weaponmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By weaponmaster

@_Marco_Smith_ said:

@2:37