King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By King_Saturn
@Matezoide said:
" as much as  a playied Tekken 3 on arcade,SSF4 is better IMO  the very fact SSF4 doesnt have a sh!t story mode is enough "
Tekken 3 ? I thought this was about Tekken 6 ?
Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Matezoide2
@King Saturn said:
" @Matezoide said:
" as much as  a playied Tekken 3 on arcade,SSF4 is better IMO  the very fact SSF4 doesnt have a sh!t story mode is enough "
Tekken 3 ? I thought this was about Tekken 6 ? "
i know,i said Tekken 3 to show i know,love and i am a long time fan of this series
geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By geraldthesloth

SSF4

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By NightFang3
@geraldthesloth said:
" SSF4 "
Avatar image for umarifficckzzle
UmarifficCKzzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#10  Edited By UmarifficCKzzle
@Matezoide: I really enjoyed the Story Mode in Tekken 6. It was a good way to pick a new character and learn the intricacies to their fight style before hopping online or in a VS match.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Super Street Fighter IV is weak.It's all gameplay and that's not even that good.There is no new modes,no extras,no nothing.I think there may be downloadable content but you have to pay for that sh#t.I'm not paying for not extra costumes or anything else.Tekken 6 is better.It enhanced the gameplay which as already awesome.There is more characters and their is plenty modes and replay value.I'm a bigger fan of Street Fighter but in terms of a better game SFIV isn't even touching Soul Calibur IV.Tekken offers alot more for the money.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By King_Saturn
@Vance Astro said:
" Super Street Fighter IV is weak.It's all gameplay and that's not even that good.There is no new modes,no extras,no nothing.I think there may be downloadable content but you have to pay for that sh#t.I'm not paying for not extra costumes or anything else.Tekken 6 is better.It enhanced the gameplay which as already awesome.There is more characters and their is plenty modes and replay value.I'm a bigger fan of Street Fighter but in terms of a better game SFIV isn't even touching Soul Calibur IV.Tekken offers alot more for the money. "
agreed... but playing with the New Characters is sort of fun... at least for a few days... 
I got a kick out of playing with Dee Jay, Cody and Guy... but after beating the game with them and playing the Bonus Stages... it did get weak as hell
Neon_Nemesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Neon_Nemesis

Tekken was a blast for about 2 weeks but I got bored of it fast
SF4 was fun for about 2 days before getting bored of it

But SSF4 is fantastic though

GOUKI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By GOUKI

tekken 6 is a better game IMO

but SSFIV  is good...

Argentino_18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Argentino_18

I would choose Soul Calibur 3 'couse I Stand undefeated with Raphael....  

But between Tekken 6 and SSF IV I stick with Capcom.....

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Static Shock
@Vance Astro said:
" Super Street Fighter IV is weak.It's all gameplay and that's not even that good.There is no new modes,no extras,no nothing.
Wha.....?
Aronmorales

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Aronmorales

SFIV.

Manchine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#18  Edited By Manchine

I grew up with Street Fighter.  I played the very first street fighter that hardly no one played.  Where the only way you got to pick ken was to have the first person pick ryu and then you could pick Ken. 

Street Fighter BY FAR is better then Tekken.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Static Shock

Street Fighter influenced all fighting games.

Wario88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Wario88

I don't know what to get and so help me out guys.........
SwaggaB0y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By SwaggaB0y
@Vance Astro said:
" Super Street Fighter IV is weak.It's all gameplay and that's not even that good.There is no new modes,no extras,no nothing.I think there may be downloadable content but you have to pay for that sh#t.I'm not paying for not extra costumes or anything else.Tekken 6 is better.It enhanced the gameplay which as already awesome.There is more characters and their is plenty modes and replay value.I'm a bigger fan of Street Fighter but in terms of a better game SFIV isn't even touching Soul Calibur IV.Tekken offers alot more for the money. "
the mode in SSF4 will be free.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Static Shock

From what I've heard, Tekken 6 was good, but it didn't exceed the standards of Tekken 5 DR. Many tournament level players have made complaints about Tekken 6 not being good enough, and even though it was supposed to be the final installment, Bandai-Namco is going to make Tekken 7, anyway.

EdwardWindsor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#23  Edited By EdwardWindsor
@King Saturn said:
" Tekken 6 for the win "
this^
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Static Shock
@SwaggaB0y said:
the mode in SSF4 will be free. "
Hmmm?
Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#25  Edited By Sparda

Tekken 6 is more fun when you're just messing around with friends. You can get pretty far and not have to get too invested in the game. As far as a fun fighter goes, I'd choose Tekken 6.

However, SSF4/SF4 is better if you're looking to get really good at the game. The high level competition has very long legs (if you understand my meaning, the game's online is going to last damn forever). It's more balanced and it doesn't have as many glitches/broken parts to it. It's just straight up fighting, there's nothing to do with the environment like in Tekken (so you won't get screwed over by a wall breaking or the floor collapsing).

I already have vanilla Steet Fighter 4. I want Super pretty bad for all the new characters and tweaks that they introduced, but at the same time I want Tekken 6 so I can just go oline and beat the crap out of people without have to train or practice for a long time..

SwaggaB0y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By SwaggaB0y
@Static Shock said:
" @Vance Astro said:
" Super Street Fighter IV is weak.It's all gameplay and that's not even that good.There is no new modes,no extras,no nothing.
Wha.....? "
ROFL I guess he means it brought nothing new that other games don't have seeing how it just got the lobby system and team battle, I'll say SS4 is better than Both of the 3D fighter mentioned in this thread. 

SC4 online lags A LOT! the match making system is trash since you go up against people way higher than you most of the time and they use cheap tactics to win not saying they don't do it in SF4 but its happens a lot less and the lobby system in SC4  can only hold 4 players which is pretty lame. In SC its more fun to fight the COM than fighting other people. 

Tekken 6 hasn't changed much either they have that Lame ass terrible controlled beat em up  wack story (who goes into fighting games looking for story?) and TONS of loading so many disconnects and people quiting its makes for a terrible experience online at least for me anyways, also the characters are all the same from previous games nothing new added to them. at least for SF4 to SSF4 that game them a new ultra lol. 
SwaggaB0y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By SwaggaB0y
@Wario88 said:

" I don't know what to get and so help me out guys......... "

SSF4 its a better overall experience for fighting games Tekken is played out son 3D fighters are played out now since SF4 game out last year 

SF4 and blazblue  and soon to come MvC3 will run the market. 

@Static Shock
said:
" @SwaggaB0y said:
the mode in SSF4 will be free. "
Hmmm? "
The Mode is a tournament mode for online play and prob offline it will be released in June and it will be free.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Static Shock
@SwaggaB0y: Just like the one that was released for the previous Street Fighter IV? Also, I have played Soul Caliber IV, but I haven't tried it online yet. But, based on what you said, you're probably going to save me the $19.96 that I was going to spend on the game at Wal-Mart. I've always liked Tekken, and I've played Tekken 6. However, I'm not that good at the game, and my loyalties are with Street Fighter.
SwaggaB0y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By SwaggaB0y
@Static Shock said:
" @SwaggaB0y: Just like the one that was released for the previous Street Fighter IV? Also, I have played Soul Caliber IV, but I haven't tried it online yet. But, based on what you said, you're probably going to save me the $19.96 that I was going to spend on the game at Wal-Mart. I've always liked Tekken, and I've played Tekken 6. However, I'm not that good at the game, and my loyalties are with Street Fighter. "
sorta like the previous one but it will be free regardless :} 

its doesn't take much to be good at Tekken 6 if you've played the other ones this one will be no different lol
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Static Shock
@SwaggaB0y: I've played every Tekken, but I've never owned either of them. I've practiced with certain characters, but not extensively as I have with Street Fighter (it's gotten to the point where I remember commands for many characters now). Every time I jump into Tekken, I feel like a kindergartner holding a controller. LOL.
SwaggaB0y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By SwaggaB0y
@Static Shock said:

" @SwaggaB0y: I've played every Tekken, but I've never owned either of them. I've practiced with certain characters, but not extensively as I have with Street Fighter (it's gotten to the point where I remember commands for many characters now). Every time I jump into Tekken, I feel like a kindergartner holding a controller. LOL. "

yea I hear ya with Tekken its just PPPPPPPPPPK and you good to go. 
exodus0000000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By exodus0000000

Can't vote.  I love em both equally.

exodus0000000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By exodus0000000

For the record you need online play to get the most enjoyment out of both games.  Online REALLY gives fighting games a s***load of replay value.  I played Soul Calibur 4 like a fiend consistently from September of 08-March of 09.  It was replaced by SF4 for a couple months (due to online play).  That was replaced by RE5 (Mercenaries and Online gave RE5 a ton of replay).  That was replaced by Tekken 6 from...I'm not sure, but online play gave T6 a lot of replay as well.  I EASILY domiate scrubs-Brawlers with Alisa online...Berserkers and above are a different story though.  My one biggest complaint at first with Tekken 6 were the "endless" juggles, my friends didn't care too much for them either.  They can get kinda annoying until you learn a couple lauchers and solid juggles as well.  I haven't play SSF4, but if it's anything like SF4 it should be a good buy.  Especially for 40 bucks.

Me and my gf STILL play RE5 to this day by the way! That game has ridiculous replay value thanks to mercs. 

T.J. Magnum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By T.J. Magnum

I really like both series, but I'm more of a Street Fighter Guy.

MaximumGeyser5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Static Shock said:

" @SwaggaB0y: I've played every Tekken, but I've never owned either of them. I've practiced with certain characters, but not extensively as I have with Street Fighter (it's gotten to the point where I remember commands for many characters now). Every time I jump into Tekken, I feel like a kindergartner holding a controller. LOL. "

yea I hear ya with Tekken its just PPPPPPPPPPK and you good to go.

Ur suckin SF way to hard, and if you think all you neep is "PPPPPPPPPPK and you good to go" you sound ignorant, SF is a 2D style Trap, Poke and Timing Bases Game, wheres as Tekken is more of a 3D, tactical, Chain/Juggle style games, you wont win doing the same thing in Tekken with the 3D system as there are less spammers, and Tekken is not way past its time, when Tekken X Street Fighter comes out, we'll see who can make a better game, because the Hadoken-Shoryuken Trap wont work in a game where people can side step, so its a one up against spam trappers like Sagat, Ryu, Ken, Akuma, and Guile, not to say SF is bad, but it doesn't get the best representation for Balancing issues, Spammers, unnecessary Nerf/buffs and Capcoms usual Rehash Formula, except its the SAME FUCKING GAME over and over again, how many Versions Resident Evil 5 an SF5 do we need, it gets repetitive, its no wonder why Capcom is/was up for sale, consumers are tired of their Shit, hell they even cancelled Mega Man, they made a Shitty RE Movie series, so in terms of Company Quality, i'll stay with Namco. as for Gameplay, i've played both, but Tekken is way more Technical than SF, as you cant do the same thing/trap over and over again without getting punished, and there's a more fluid Combo-System in Tekken, where there is ways more ways to do and chain attacks, than just Lp Lp Lp *Insert Special Move* EX Dash Cancel *Insert Special Move*, its the same formula for most SF Characters, so saying Tekken is just "PPPPPPPPPPK" is you just being a Tekken Hater and a SF Wanker, and SF is a more Trap and Poke based game, where as once you get a legit trap, newcomers are done, and for the pros its just Lp Lp Lp *Insert Special* EX Dash Cancel *Insert Special* *Super or Ultra* that's the majority of the Pro players, so SF4's Gameplay is Still a bit Stale in terms of how you can win, so try to sound knowledgeable of both games, before you blatantly trash talk the other, i've laid down facts as to why i think Tekken is Better, it's my preference, maybe you like the Stale 2 kinds of Play-style kinda Game, but me, im all for Versatility, which is why i like Tekken, so quit being a Fanboy, and back up your stupidity for once, GAHL

Gustofwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Gustofwind

Street Fighter 4, don't get me wrong I enjoyed both games but Street Fighter 4 is still much better in my opinion. Tekken 6 had better single player but Street Fighter 4 is just more fun as a competitive game to me, when I beat someone in Street Fighter I feel like I earned that victory by out thinking my opponent whereas while I didn't really learn much about playing Tekken competitively I was still able to beat loads of people online just by throwing out moves without much thought behind them. I'm not saying Tekken 6 isn't a competitive game though.

For the record you need online play to get the most enjoyment out of both games.

I'd argue that to get the most out of both games you need a local scene of fighting game players, fighting games are much more sociable and competitive locally. That's not to say online play isn't good though, it's just not the best way to play the game.

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Street fighter

Detrolord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tekken easily my a tekken guy but i grew up on street fighter

Chibi_cute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tekken easily..

Street fighter just seems to cartoony compared to tekken.

also when it comes to graphics.

Tekken >>>>>>> street fighter.

Avatar image for knightsofdarkness2
Knightsofdarkness2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tekken was my childhood, a small part of my childhood but I still do remember the games when I used to play them in arcade machines at the mall.

Nostalgia.......

I've also played Street fighter alpha 3 but I haven't played Street Fighter IV so I can't judge on that but Tekken 6 looks cooler IMO.

Gustofwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tekken easily..

Because graphics are what people play fighting games for.

Chibi_cute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chibi_cute said:

Tekken easily..

Oh no no not just graphics. tekken has better gameplay.

Gustofwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gustofwind said:

@chibi_cute said:

Tekken easily..

I suppose you're entitled to your opinion no matter how delusional it is :P

Chibi_cute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chibi_cute said:

@gustofwind said:

@chibi_cute said:

Tekken easily..

I suppose you're entitled to your opinion no matter how delusional it is :P

funny thing is.. its the other way around.

RetconCrisis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By RetconCrisis

SF4life, though Tekken is just as awesome. Guess I always preferred 2d fighters