Sunday Comic review

spentchicken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By spentchicken

I recently just got back into comics and am catching up with my old books and picking up quite a few new ones but more on that later.

this past Wednesday I picked up Batman #7 , Justice League # 7, and Hellblazer # 289. Pretty light week for me but great none the less.

I'll start with Batman obviously, The new run of batman from Scott Snyder has been amazing in my opinion. I feel like he is crafting one of those timeless batman stories, like long Halloween, or Hush. so long as this story has a longer arc and isn't wrapped up in the next 2 or 3 issues of course. Batman has for once in his career under estimated his opponent and almost cost himself his life. the artwork was great and writing followed suit.

Justice League on the other hand was a slower issue this month. Obviously the start of a new arc and jumping forward in the time line a few years. artwork was up to par for the book, meanwhile as I said before obviously its a new arc starting up and we will just have to wait and see where its going to go.

Hellblazer, oh hellblazer. this has been one of my favorite books for a long time, its just much more out of the norm in a comic book. In Hellblazer John has gone back into hell in order to save his sisters soul and in doing so gotten himself into a little wager with the first evil himself. There is a whole lot of other stuff going on with Gemma and Phinny as well that I feel is also building up to a larger issue that will plague John in he coming issues. Over all I felt this issue was a great read I'm liking the arc and the art as usually is awesome