#2 Posted by XImpossibruX (5174 posts) - - Show Bio

I had to.

#3 Edited by SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26 (6482 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, I thought the first half was really good but the ending was garbage. Sucker Punch gets a B from me.

#4 Posted by russellmania77 (15341 posts) - - Show Bio

Sexy women and expensive cgi does not make up for a terrible script

#5 Posted by XImpossibruX (5174 posts) - - Show Bio

@russellmania77 said:

Sexy women and expensive cgi does not make up for a terrible script

It's like Transformers 2 and 3.

#6 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29501 posts) - - Show Bio

Never seen it. Don't care to.

#7 Posted by Juiceboks (9008 posts) - - Show Bio

It had an interesting concept, but nothing even remotely Oscar worthy.

#8 Edited by King Saturn (224187 posts) - - Show Bio

It was average at best... I find it rather hilarious a thread was made about it giving respect to it.

#9 Edited by TDK_1997 (14895 posts) - - Show Bio

Well I had low expectations for it and at first I was disappointed by it,in the middle it got a little better but the end was meh also.So a B- or a C for it.

#10 Edited by nerdork (4038 posts) - - Show Bio

If by awesome, you mean lame and bereft of any tangible story…then, yes, it’s way awesome.

The whole movie is about the main character distracting the idiotic institution’s staff, so that the other characters can steal certain objects they need to escape (thin…at best). And, the fact that those battle scenes are nothing more than the main character’s way of blocking out her reality makes the movie infinitely more retarded. Guillermo Del Toro already implemented the idea of a little girl using a fictional world to hide from her brutal life (to great success) in Pan’s Labyrinth. Sucker Punch took a great plot scheme, and implemented it so poorly, that it’s more a gimmick than anything else, and leaves the movie’s action scenes (which are the only positive notes) intangible and unimportant to the physical storyline.

#11 Posted by danhimself (22544 posts) - - Show Bio

I watched up until the first musical at that point I realized just how stupid the movie was going to be and turned it off

#12 Posted by russellmania77 (15341 posts) - - Show Bio

@nerdork: ouch lol... You just hit this thread with a knock out punch and kept kicking it

#13 Posted by KnightRise (4785 posts) - - Show Bio
#14 Edited by nerdork (4038 posts) - - Show Bio

@russellmania77: LOL, sorry. I am just so dissapointed in Zack Snyder...he's better than that travesty.

#15 Posted by russellmania77 (15341 posts) - - Show Bio

@nerdork: no it's cool lol I didn't like it either

#16 Posted by nerdork (4038 posts) - - Show Bio

@russellmania77: Who really does? However, I am always surprised to hear when someone says they liked it. Its a small, but stubborn fanbase.

#17 Edited by SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26 (6482 posts) - - Show Bio

@nerdork said:

@russellmania77: Who really does? However, I am always surprised to hear when someone says they liked it. Its a small, but stubborn fanbase.

I thought it a good movie, but hardly amazing, and definitely not worth a whole damn thread.

#18 Posted by nerdork (4038 posts) - - Show Bio
#19 Posted by SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26 (6482 posts) - - Show Bio

@nerdork said:

@spideyivydaredevilfan26: Well, evryone is entitled to their own opinion, but like I said...Im surprised to hear it.

Don't get me wrong, it's absolutely flawed. The ending was garbage, the villain was annoying and lacked any kind of personality and I feel likey could have expanded more on the "fictional reality" thing. But I still liked it, mostly because of Emily Browning's GREAT portrayal of Babydoll and while this wasn't what I expected, there was certainly creativity. And I'm a sucker for Sci-Fi feminist movies, haha. :)

#20 Posted by nerdork (4038 posts) - - Show Bio

@nerdork said:

@spideyivydaredevilfan26: Well, evryone is entitled to their own opinion, but like I said...Im surprised to hear it.

Don't get me wrong, it's absolutely flawed. The ending was garbage, the villain was annoying and lacked any kind of personality and I feel likey could have expanded more on the "fictional reality" thing. But I still liked it, mostly because of Emily Browning's GREAT portrayal of Babydoll and while this wasn't what I expected, there was certainly creativity. And I'm a sucker for Sci-Fi feminist movies, haha. :)

Well, barring personal bias, i see your point. But, my problem with everything about this movie, is that it heavily leans on Guillermo Del Toro's Pan's Labyrinth for plot schemes (and poorly delivers). And, the action (or whatever it was) had absolutely nothing to do with the storyline. Its like Cyber Sex; sure it seemed nice and exciting, but after everything is said and done, you realize nothing really happened.

#23 Edited by SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26 (6482 posts) - - Show Bio

This thread is for people who like the movie not HATE the movie. Haters gtfo!

I like it, but I don't love it so much that I would post thread stuff about it.

#24 Edited by nerdork (4038 posts) - - Show Bio

@danvader64 said:

This thread is for people who like the movie not HATE the movie. Haters gtfo!

Then change the title. It says nothing about it being a RESPECT thread. However, the movie is more deserving of a hate thread, than a respect thread. And, dont be so touchy...people can post their opnions. If you dont like it, stop making threads about things, apparently, too near and dear to you for reproach. Besides you, 1 other liked the movie, 2 others thought the movie was watchable, and the rest bagged on it. Maybe take a hint...the movie is terrible.

#25 Edited by RDClip (1129 posts) - - Show Bio

Pretty as a butterfly, dumb as a post.

It is obvious that Snyder got very self-indulgent when making it since it just seems like random images and set pieces that Snyder thought looked cool. The acting and story are terrible. Yeah, pretty girls are nice to look at, but they get pretty boring when they have the personality of a paper bag.

But, I guess if you sliced up the movie and just watched it as a bunch of unrelated music videoes devoid of story, it could work.