Sucker Punch is AWESOME!!

Ravynne_Mccoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

Edited By Ravynne_Mccoy

Normally my "blogging" is really just me rambling about nonsense, but this time... THIS time... I have something important to say: 

GO SEE SUCKER PUNCH BEFORE IT LEAVES THEATERS!!! 

It's so beyond worth seeing it in a theater where you can get the full effect of the big screen- and especially the sound system.  The movie itself is above and beyond what I expected, and while they definitely play with you a little bit over the trailers, there are some surprising plot twists and delightful little moments I wasn't expecting.  Aside from the soundtrack, which is one of my favorite things about the film, the graphics are really well done and the cinematography is incredible! 

I'll keep it short by just demanding with the fiery passion of a thousand burning suns that you go see it. 

And like it. =)
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By King_Saturn
like I said before in another person thread... Sucker Punch was a Strange Movie... the Action Scenes were Incredible... but the Plot of the Film was All over the Place... overall the film was Okay IMHO... 6.5 out of 10
tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By tensor

fail should have been better 4/10

Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Bestostero

it was alright... but the story was kinda weird...mental institution, stripper-whore house extraordinaire lol... the action scenes were pretty spiffy, but i dont think it was all that good. 6/10 nice to watch, but i dont think i would rewatch

HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By HolySerpent

the movie wasnt that good. i was so excited to see this movie. now that i watch this movie i realize how much a trailer could mislead you. 
this movie fail spectacularly . the movie was all over the place, they didnt need  to add the dancing, they should have stuck with her in being in the asylum and she having mindtrips.  only good part in the movie is when she fought the three samurai. 
movie was 

zack snyder should have worked on this a little longer. 
this movie had so much potential. 4/10
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By King_Saturn
@HolySerpent said:

" the movie wasnt that good. i was so excited to see this movie. now that i watch this movie i realize how much a trailer could mislead you. this movie fail spectacularly . the movie was all over the place, they didnt need  to add the dancing, they should have stuck with her in being in the asylum and she having mindtrips.  only good part in the movie is when she fought the three samurai. movie was  zack snyder should have worked on this a little longer. this movie had so much potential. 4/10 "

you must have been blessed not to see The Last Airbender then... lol 

the trailer to The Last Airbender led a lot of people to that catastrophe of a film...
tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By tensor

movie trailers these days one shows too much u can just look at a movie an then you know how everything is going to go after that which is why i only watch a trailer once very few movies you can watch a trailer an it is still great last movie that did for me was inception

HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By HolySerpent
@King Saturn said:
"@HolySerpent said:

" the movie wasnt that good. i was so excited to see this movie. now that i watch this movie i realize how much a trailer could mislead you. this movie fail spectacularly . the movie was all over the place, they didnt need  to add the dancing, they should have stuck with her in being in the asylum and she having mindtrips.  only good part in the movie is when she fought the three samurai. movie was  zack snyder should have worked on this a little longer. this movie had so much potential. 4/10 "

you must have been blessed not to see The Last Airbender then... lol 

the trailer to The Last Airbender led a lot of people to that catastrophe of a film... "

actually to trailer for the last airbender looked horrible to me. none of the cast looked anything like there cartoon counterpart. not to mention i know not trust or see anything that shyamalan directs.  

...even though sucker punch wasnt that good of a movie, i m going to  see it again for the third time... why ? because i work at a movie theater :) and everthings free
Ravynne_Mccoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Ravynne_Mccoy

I must be a total freak then to have actually liked this one... =/ 

I thought the plot was actually pretty straight-forward, despite the twists and turns I found it relatively easy to follow after the brief narrative introduction at the beginning.  I'll admit though, I watch a movie more from a technical stand-point than a purely for entertainment view.  Still, I'll definitely be getting this one when it comes out... (and FYI: the dancing was PART of her being in the asylum having mind trips.  Unless you're changing around the rest of the plot, it was a key point to the entire thing.) 

Still, I'm ok with being the one Nerd in the world who really liked this. =)
realsilverjunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By realsilverjunk

I really liked it too, 10/10. So that makes two nerds. 

Kastiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By Kastiel

" fail should have been better 4/10 "
Duo_forbidden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 604

User Lists: 8

#11  Edited By Duo_forbidden

I thought Sucker Punch was Black Swan on acid.

Ravynne_Mccoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Ravynne_Mccoy
@realsilverjunk said:
" I really liked it too, 10/10. So that makes two nerds.  "
Thank goodness!  It was getting lonely over here!
_Sojourn_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13  Edited By _Sojourn_

I LOVED IT, I LOVED IT...I LOVED IT...I LOVED IT... I mean each scene was a visual buffet for me 

thegreatfour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By thegreatfour
@Slight: Hmmmm. I'm getting the vibe you loved it.

I don't really feel an urge to see this. I wanna see Hobo With a Shotgun!
_Sojourn_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By _Sojourn_
@thegreatfour: Yes, I just saw it like an hour ago...  you know those scenes when we're RPGing, and depict a battle scared feild with lakes of fire, and planes being shot down out of the sky by fire breathing dragons all the while swords are creating waterfalls of sparks, only adding to the brilliant calamity...That's exactly what the movie was, and to boot, the soundtrack was a perfect supplement to each part of the movie. 
Saint_of_Guns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Saint_of_Guns

i mentioned in my own blog post that i really liked it. the story was a little trippy, but once you've got it figured out it is simple enough to just let you drink in the visuals and the music. i gave it like 7-8/10. not the best movie i've seen this year, but far from the worst.

weaponmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By weaponmaster

It looks good. But I am getting tired of seeing writers and directors' "I wish i was a tough school-girl/woman" fantasies on-screen. I just can't relate to female action leads.
_Sojourn_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By _Sojourn_
@weaponmaster: It's not about schoolgirl gets revenge...It's really a universal story, sure its a girl, but, it's really about having your freedom, and going through hell and high water to finally get it... The struggle for what is rightfully yours to begin with, and knocking the pegs down that are in your way.... Plus it's a stunning film to look at. 
_Courage_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By _Courage_

Would you think it would be okay to take my girlfriend with me to see this?

_Sojourn_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By _Sojourn_
@_Courage_: DEFINITELY, It's really perfect for most occasions 
weaponmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By weaponmaster
@Slight said:
" @weaponmaster: It's not about schoolgirl gets revenge...It's really a universal story, sure its a girl, but, it's really about having your freedom, and going through hell and high water to finally get it... The struggle for what is rightfully yours to begin with, and knocking the pegs down that are in your way.... Plus it's a stunning film to look at.  "

I am not referring to the plot and i never mentioned anything about revenge. I am referring to the fact that so many writers and directors in hollywood now-a-days push their "i am a female on the inside and this is my female fantasy of me" movies with the leads as gun-toting, karate kicking, sword wielding women. I simply can't relate and don't enjoy watching action/fantasy/sci-fi movies where the lead is a woman.
PierceSunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By PierceSunder

I liked the movie.

At least that's the way I understood it.
_Sojourn_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By _Sojourn_
@PierceSunder: I don't think it was rape actually, I think that it might have been something sexual, maybe more of a stippers dance than any actual sexual act.  But yeah that was about right. 
_Sojourn_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By _Sojourn_
@weaponmaster: SEXISTTTTT....No, I kid I kid... I get what you're saying... 
Ravynne_Mccoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Ravynne_Mccoy

@_Courage_ That was one of the things I loved the most about this movie- the action/fight sequences were extremely well done- again, the graphics are fantastic, the soundtrack is perfect- but at the same time the storyline is really touching if you can let yourself get past the misconception that it's about school girl bordellos.  (It's really more of a sailor outfit anyway.)  I'm not much of a sap when it comes to movies, but I have to admit I teared up a little toward the end.  You might not be able to relate the the physical character, but the storyline is a classic (albeit told in a trippy kind of way) and I think the actresses did an incredible job portraying their struggles with far more than just words.

Just my long winded two cents, of course.

Ravynne_Mccoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Ravynne_Mccoy
@PierceSunder:  I think @Slight might be right.  I don't think it was the full on act.

Either way, I bet you'd find something new each time you watch it. =)
_Courage_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By _Courage_
@Slight:@Ravynne_Mccoy: 
Sounds sweet. I was interested by the trailer alone, I believe I will go see it.
Much appreciated.
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#28  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

I'll see it on Netflix.

LauraX23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By LauraX23

Really ? 

I heard it sucked ... 

COINRETURNSLOT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 10

#30  Edited By COINRETURNSLOT
I really want to see Sucker Punch, so I am glad to see some positive feedback.
JonesDeini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 212

User Lists: 9

#31  Edited By JonesDeini
@xhavoc86:  
It's a bit disjointed because Snyder had to cut scenes and alter things to keep it PG-13 (I really think he should've R'd it and gone for broke). Overall this movie's nothing special, that being said, I ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT!!! It's one of those niche, it's soo bad that it's good B-Movies. If you go into it knowing that you'll basically be watching an live action video game/action anime you'd enjoy it. I expected it to be nothing more than it was. I mean Snyder TRIED to have a point, but this movie's too silly to take it's heavy handed and clumsily so "moral" to heart. Also maybe this is due to the removed scenes but the whole 'critique of geek culture's objectification of women" didn't land with me. I came to see pretty girls kick ass with even pretty fight choreography and effects and that's more or less what I got. It's like he tried to make two movies at once, and failed. I did enjoy one of them though.   
JonesDeini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 212

User Lists: 9

#32  Edited By JonesDeini
@PierceSunder said:
" I liked the movie.
At least that's the way I understood it. "
Pretty much this is the kind of stuff that Snyder had to cut. He could only hint at the rape. And Browning said in an interview that there was a love scene between her and the "High Roller"/Doctor that was cut. First they wanted it edited...then they wanted her to seem like she enjoyed it less. Eventually it was so mangled that Snyder cut it all together. She said she was for the scene cuz it was consensual and was a moment in which she controlled her on sexuality, and thought that was a powerful message. There were supposed to be actual scenes of her dancing as well as a few Moulin Rouge musical numbers...maybe it's better they were cut lol. 
riri4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#33  Edited By riri4life

Hmmm... I was skeptical, but it does look really kewl. :)

Saint_of_Guns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Saint_of_Guns
@LauraX23 said:
"

Really ? 

I heard it sucked ... 

"
me too. fortunately i gave the critics the finger and saw it anyway. and i was very glad to have seen it.
PierceSunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By PierceSunder
@JonesDeini: I wonder if the scenes were cut from the script or after filming them. Maybe they'll be on the dvd and blu-ray extras.
Ravynne_Mccoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Ravynne_Mccoy
@PierceSunder: That would be nice!  Or maybe we'll get a director's cut, or alternate ending even. =)  Wishful thinking maybe.
realsilverjunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By realsilverjunk

Yeah! One were Rocket survives instead. 

Out_of_Space

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 11

#38  Edited By Out_of_Space

Truly awesome

Loki9876

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#39  Edited By Loki9876
DH69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By DH69

mediocre movie with fairly decent fightscenes

Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#41  Edited By Caligula

I like it a lot.

HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By HolySerpent

really... im surpise there are so many fans on this site praising this movie, yet bash other great work of arts.

Omarpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Omarpool
@HolySerpent said:
"

really... im surpise there are so many fans on this site praising this movie, yet bash other great work of arts.

"
What would you consider a great work of art that is bashed here?
HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By HolySerpent

Harry Potter is one....
The_Assassin_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#45  Edited By The_Assassin_
@Duo_forbidden said:
" I thought Sucker Punch was Black Swan on acid. "
lol....
Avatar image for texasdeathmatch
texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By texasdeathmatch

Yeah, you're the first person to give it a positive review. I've heard nothing but bad things about this movie

Ravynne_Mccoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Ravynne_Mccoy

I've seen this movie again since I wrote this, and I still really like it.  I'm glad to see there are at least a few other people who enjoyed it. 

Avatar image for the_umbra_sorcerer
The Umbra Sorcerer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I loved Sucker Punch :) Defiantly a favourite of mine now