Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#1  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

We thought it would never happen but looks like they found a way!

No Caption Provided

There is a leaked trailer doing the rounds but it keeps getting taken down so I wont bother posting it.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Exclusive to PS4 and PC? That is probably the oddest thing I've heard in awhile.

In any case, this is pretty cool news. I would've bet money on them doing the rounds for one more re-release of SFIV, but I'm glad I was wrong.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Found some gifs of the trailer:

Street Fighter V Is a PS4 and PC Exclusive, It Seems

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@jaken7: Well, Capcom really seemed determined make sure they didn't have to put the game on Xbox. They're dumb like that.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By JakeN7

@ostyo said:

@jaken7: Well, Capcom really seemed determined make sure they didn't have to put the game on Xbox. They're dumb like that.

Watchu mean? How'd they seem determined?

(But yes, Capcom is super dumb so I don't necessarily doubt it)

Avatar image for deactivated-5bf70359d2dd1
deactivated-5bf70359d2dd1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Not diggin that its only exclusive to the PS4 and PC only.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_slim_:

@ostyo said:

Capcom are pretty much bankrupt at this point, the guy in charge of SF4 said it was very unlikely that this game would ever be made but Sony offered them a deal to fund it so that they could get the exclusive.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

but Sony offered them a deal to fund it so that they could get the exclusive

This statement is false. Not only are all reports mentioning that it's unclear whether or not this is a timed exclusive, and there has been no word from Sony on the matter, but if it was truly a Sony exclusive, it wouldn't be coming to a Microsoft platform (PC).

There has never been a Sony exclusive released on PC. Ever.

Blade_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Blade_R

Sweet. I will be picking this up but probably not the vanilla version, ill wait for the Super version.

I do like how it looks a bit darker and less animeish (Not that I have anything against Anime) but I like how it looks less cartoony. I am going to be busy as hell with these epic fighters coming (MKX, Tekken 7, SF5)

Gjgp27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@jaken7: Um........You do know that Xbox sells about as well as sugar coated turds in Japan, right?

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You realize for SFV to be even partially exclusive Capcom would need to make a deal with Sony.... right?

TheDropkickJD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doing exclusives doesn't help them out.

Shame Sony is only in it for themselves here, because they're barely helping Capcom by doing that. This is almost as dumb as having Dead Rising 3 as an X-Box exclusive. Almost.

Honestly, exclusives are the worst. Always have been. Always will. I'm a PS4 guy, but I'm not even going to be picking this up while I'm sure there are hardcore fans with an X-Box who are getting screwed over. They might as well just release a cabinet for this game and see what it does from there.

This isn't going to end well.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheDropkickJD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedropkickjd: If it helps to finance the game then how doesn't it?

Shouldn't even have to answer this.

When you completely neglect a whole fan base worth of users, it really does the game worse than what it could. I know Sony shouldn't want to help Microsoft. Nor should Microsoft want to help Sony. But all of these snobby companies are doing when they make such stupid and ridiculous decisions is really screwing over the developers of said game.

If Capcom is in need of money, they should've had the balls to speak up and say "We'll give Sony exclusives, but we need this game to come out for both.". While it might not make a difference to you, or anyone with the PC and PS4: These games have been coming out for both systems for awhile. Just now making it exclusive is foolish and only going to help the company out by a small bit.

Or maybe Street Fighter will bloom as an exclusive. Idk. I just don't see it going well.

Bottom line is: Exclusives, especially the ones that have shown love to multiple systems before, are something I absolutely hate. Just like how I think the next Tomb Raider coming out for only the One for a bit, then coming to the PS4 is going to damage it sale-wise.

These big name companies just keep wanting for themselves, and it does the developer no long term favor.

RetconCrisis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A new number? IMPOSSIBLE

Darling_Luna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#16  Edited By Darling_Luna

Needs to be edgier, more blood.

I need to zoom in on the moment where Chun-li's ovaries burst out of her sphincter from my super manly 2x edgy hyper punch

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

A new number? IMPOSSIBLE

Haha, on top of the gazillion special editions IV had.

Avatar image for knightsofdarkness2
Knightsofdarkness2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why is this game not on Xbox one? This is BS.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous said:

When you completely neglect a whole fan base worth of users, it really does the game worse than what it could. I know Sony shouldn't want to help Microsoft. Nor should Microsoft want to help Sony. But all of these snobby companies are doing when they make such stupid and ridiculous decisions is really screwing over the developers of said game.

If Capcom is in need of money, they should've had the balls to speak up and say "We'll give Sony exclusives, but we need this game to come out for both.". While it might not make a difference to you, or anyone with the PC and PS4: These games have been coming out for both systems for awhile. Just now making it exclusive is foolish and only going to help the company out by a small bit.

Or maybe Street Fighter will bloom as an exclusive. Idk. I just don't see it going well.

Bottom line is: Exclusives, especially the ones that have shown love to multiple systems before, are something I absolutely hate. Just like how I think the next Tomb Raider coming out for only the One for a bit, then coming to the PS4 is going to damage it sale-wise.

These big name companies just keep wanting for themselves, and it does the developer no long term favor.

RIght and Sony are just going to agree with that are they? Capcom is a Japanese company, the sell most of their games in Japan and noone and I mean noone as an Xbox in Japan so why would they put themselves in even more debt just for one game?

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheDropkickJD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedropkickjd said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

RIght and Sony are just going to agree with that are they? Capcom is a Japanese company, the sell most of their games in Japan and noone and I mean noone as an Xbox in Japan so why would they put themselves in even more debt just for one game?

Fact of the matter is, while Japan developers might not grasp this for some reason: Video Games are popular in America too. Street Fighter is popular. Xbox One is popular.

I don't know how they don't grasp that, but a lot of income does come from the States as well. They should be able to spot why this could potentially harm Capcom.

And of course Sony isn't going to care about that. They don't care about the developer, they care- just like every other business, about the game itself. Bottom line is, it sure isn't going to hurt Sony. It's surely not going to hurt Microsoft.

It's going to hurt Capcom.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Needs to be edgier, more blood.

I need to zoom in on the moment where Chun-li's ovaries burst out of her sphincter from my super manly 2x edgy hyper punch

LAL.

Silly Kitty.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous said:

@thedropkickjd said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

Fact of the matter is, while Japan developers might not grasp this for some reason: Video Games are popular in America too. Street Fighter is popular. Xbox One is popular.

I don't know how they don't grasp that, but a lot of income does come from the States as well. They should be able to spot why this could potentially harm Capcom.

And of course Sony isn't going to care about that. They don't care about the developer, they care- just like every other business, about the game itself. Bottom line is, it sure isn't going to hurt Sony. It's surely not going to hurt Microsoft.

YOU don't seem to understand that Capcom couldn't have made this game with Sony's help and the only way they were getting it was with a deal.

TheDropkickJD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedropkickjd said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

@thedropkickjd said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

YOU don't seem to understand that Capcom couldn't have made this game with Sony's help and the only way they were getting it was with a deal.

I do. But it doesn't make it any less stupid. Of course Sony wouldn't want to help with any business for Microsoft.

However, they would be helping Capcom out more that way. That's all I'm saying. It's not going to do well for Capcom in that scenario. It's not going to HARM Microsoft, nor is it going to harm Sony at all. They're the ones walking away the winners.

Feel like Sony is bitter because they didn't get any fighting game exclusive prior while One came with Killer Instinct. Don't know what they're proving, because MK and a few other fighting games are going for both systems next year, along with Street Fighter. Capcom is screwed in that competition because of variety.

As said, I'm a PS4 owner. It's still absolutely ridiculous. It could have even been a timed exclusive, but having it only come out for the PS4 is only going to hurt Capcom in the end. Sony doesn't give a damn. Scummy big business, all the same.

RetconCrisis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deranged_midget: I was expecting more along the lines of Super Ultimate Turbo Street Fighter IV.5 Platinum Edition to the Max. I'm legitimately surprised they moved on... *sheds tear*

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@jonny_anonymous: @thedropkickjd: You're pretty much arguing a similar argument to why developers need publishers and don't just publish their own game as it'll be work out better in the end...

On the game itself, I'll wait for an official announcement since PS4 and PC only seems a messed up combination and unlikely.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous said:

@thedropkickjd said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

@thedropkickjd said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

I do. But it doesn't make it any less stupid. Of course Sony wouldn't want to help with any business for Microsoft.

However, they would be helping Capcom out more that way. That's all I'm saying. It's not going to do well for Capcom in that scenario. It's not going to HARM Microsoft, nor is it going to harm Sony at all. They're the ones walking away the winners.

Feel like Sony is bitter because they didn't get any fighting game exclusive prior while One came with Killer Instinct. Don't know what they're proving, because MK and a few other fighting games are going for both systems next year, along with Street Fighter. Capcom is screwed in that competition because of variety.

As said, I'm a PS4 owner. It's still absolutely ridiculous. It could have even been a timed exclusive, but having it only come out for the PS4 is only going to hurt Capcom in the end. Sony doesn't give a damn. Scummy big business, all the same.

You are not even making sense now. What business in there right mind would fund a project and then GIVE it to their rivals? That makes zero sense.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Blade_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Blade_R
Loading Video...

Nothing against xbox players as I don't care about console wars, but after reading the comments on IGN and Gamestop about SF5 not being on Xbox 1, this made me chuckle.

mikethekiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Meh. I'll wait for super, ultra, arcade edition to come out.

Avatar image for deactivated-60600b79ed2c5
deactivated-60600b79ed2c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

I just wait until they release a Super Ultra Street Fighter V

zaied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Considering it's Capcom, I'm not sure why people are so shocked it's a console exclusive for PS4. I'll wait on this and just stick with Tekken 7 and MKX.

Blade_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Blade_R

My only complaint about SF games is the usual rehash they do. Its a shame they cant just release the game, have a few DLC characters, and fix the balance issues with patches or something. Or at least do what they let SSF4AE owners do, which allowed them to upgrade SSF4AE to Ultra by paying a small fee instead of paying full price for a whole new disc.

If they stopped doing the whole Super duper awesome meatball sub deluxe edition coming out 6 months later thing, it would be a day one purchase for me and probably a lot more people.

EDIT

Just realized there is one good thing about new physical releases, the people who don't have internet access can get all the new stuff too, so that's a plus for them at least.

OverLordArthas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@retconcrisis said:

A new number? IMPOSSIBLE

Haha, on top of the gazillion special editions IV had.

Man!

I just got IV Ultra installed and modified.

TheDropkickJD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By TheDropkickJD

@thedropkickjd said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

@thedropkickjd said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

@thedropkickjd said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

You are not even making sense now. What business in there right mind would fund a project and then GIVE it to their rivals? That makes zero sense.

You're not.. listening at all. Nor are you even trying to comprehend what I'm saying here.

Of course, it's not in Sony or any big business mentality to want to give their rival any profit.

I'm saying, if they wanted to help Capcom? They would've helped fund it so it could've went onto all systems, and help sell better, gaining Capcom more revenue from the game. Not saying "WELL, HERE'S THE STREET FIGHTER EXCLUSIVE". With Capcom's current track record: It's stupid for them to release ANYTHING on ANY console exclusive.

Especially next year for fighting games, when MKX is coming out and how many other fighters. Injustice 2 is also rumored, isn't it? My point is: They're only going to be selling SF5 to potentially two different demographics, leaving out one huge demographic. It's going to hurt their sales. If they released it for all, they have a chance at competing with rival fighting games, and gaining more revenue to keep their developer company afloat.

Sony SHOULD have saw that, but it's blinded by any sort of $$$ signs.

And I'm sorry, but if you don't think exclusives are the dumbest thing to happen in the past 10 years of gaming? Then that's on you. But they have always been ridiculous, especially now since it's a competition to see who can get what on a line of gaming. The gamer doesn't matter in scenarios like this, nor do the developers. It's all about Sony or Microsoft getting that game. And I don't see why any gamer is totally fine with that happening.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blade_r: There is a very good reason why they do that, mainly because fighting games are a very niche market that is mostly driven by the tournaments and the best way to keep the game active in that scene is to keep rebalancing it and supporting it, because of all the updates Street Fighter 4 has been the number one tournament game for years. The other big reason is Capcom simply could not afford to make a new game so they just kept updating the one they had instead.

@thedropkickjd

Exclusives are stupid but if it's a choice between having an exclusive or having no game at all, I know what the right answer is. Look I don't know why you're shocked at this, it makes perfect sense. Capcom's business comes from three places:

1. Europe

2. Japan

3. Tournaments

And guess what these three things don't use? That's right, Xbox One. Seriously nobody owns an XBone in Japan and the install base in Europe is tiny compared to the PS4. For a company like Capcom it's just not worth the cash it would take to spread there game over two consoles, especially for a game that is highly reliant on their online user base.

TheDropkickJD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By TheDropkickJD

@jonny_anonymous: It doesn't make too much sense though. Look at it like this: Games still matter in the States. Fighting games, especially. When you go into 2015, and you look at the big names? You're gonna have, the Street Fighters, MK, Injustice.

When a game comes out, fighting game style, and people want to play it: Capcom is going to be set behind when three other fighting games come out that are made for all systems.

I guess my point is, it would have been more beneficial for it not to be an exclusive. Capcom is going to have a hard time to sell this game to people outside of Tournaments due to their current rep. That shouldn't be deniable.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedropkickjd: Look at the sales, when it comes to the cost it takes to put them out, it's really not worth it. I'm sure Capcom knows a whole lot more about their user base and where they are than you do. It would not be a good thing to split there user base between two consoles, I've already talked about this in the last post.

TheDropkickJD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: Is there any back-up on these sales?

I'm sorry. I just don't believe cutting a fan base in two after releasing every other game in the series for that console as well isn't exactly the "right" thing to do.

Dead Rising 3, for example. Could have been huge if they would have just released it for the PS4 as well.

Games like Tomb Raider, while not Capcom are also going to take some hits.

How about, we see how the sales turn out? As an F.Y.I: If Capcom were business experts, they wouldn't be in the position they're at.

I'm not saying I'm smarter, but come on.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedropkickjd: Ok we are just going round in circles now. I'll take a game over no game everyday.

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Noone301994

Finally!

No Caption Provided

RetconCrisis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedropkickjd: If you watch the rant by AngryJoe, he explains that Capcom Japan is a real pain in the butt business-wise, which I've believed for years, but I'd never really seen anyone else agree.

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7: I can't be the only one wanting Rainbow Mika back. Butt slams to the faces of all my foes!

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RetconCrisis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers