Avatar image for prince_cortsether
Prince CortSether

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Prince CortSether

When you think about how complicated the human body is and just how many things can go wrong with it it's amazing how lucky those are who don't have any severe biological problems. After taking physiology and biology I became aware of just how many things can go wrong with people. It's horrifying yet interesting at the same time to see all of these awful things that can happen to the human body. So post what you find most fascinating. 

This video is old and many of you may have seen it, but I just discovered this a few days ago. 

This man has a very rare disease called Epidermodysplasia verruciformis, a genetic skin disorder that in its most severe type can cause growths that make you look like you're turning into a tree. There's a whole documentary about him on youtube, and in one of the videos where they were performing surgery on him they found a beetle that was living in one of his growths. Unfortunately the treatments failed and he become disillusioned, discharging himself from the hospital. 

Avatar image for cypher_s_gambit
Cypher's Gambit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Cypher's Gambit

The human body is very resilient, but also at the same time very delicate. There is a fine line between diseases and mutation though. The Tree Man is more of a Mutation almost like cancer cells, but hardens the skin to near wood. I wouldn't be surprises if this guy can block/deflect bullets with his hand. So, they believe shooting him up with a high dosage of Vitamin A will help some? Why only Vitamin A? It's not the only supplement for the skin. There are Vitamin's E and C that are not only good for skin cells, but also powerful anti-oxidants and immune system builders.

Prince CortSether

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Prince CortSether
@Cypher's Gambit: Disease/mutation/etc. I mean anything that affects the human body and causes an abnormal change. But thanks for clarifying. I have no idea why the dermatologist only recommended Vitamin A. That is an interesting thing to point out though.
Cypher's Gambit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Cypher's Gambit
@Prince CortSether said:

" @Cypher's Gambit: Disease/mutation/etc. I mean anything that affects the human body and causes an abnormal change. But thanks for clarifying. I have no idea why the dermatologist only recommended Vitamin A. That is an interesting thing to point out though. "

Well whatever he cut his knee with, I hope not to get cut by the same thing! You mentioned that they operated on him? How exactly? Do you have video of it? Because can't they just skin him alive after putting him to sleep. I mean, they are calling it a skin condition, but I'm not even sure if that's really wooden skin or trunks that are rooting itself to the bone marrow.

If he wants this off, he needs surgery, not vitamins.... Vitamins later perhaps, but but 1st take off the trunks.
Prince CortSether

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Prince CortSether
@Cypher's Gambit said:

" @Prince CortSether said:

" @Cypher's Gambit: Disease/mutation/etc. I mean anything that affects the human body and causes an abnormal change. But thanks for clarifying. I have no idea why the dermatologist only recommended Vitamin A. That is an interesting thing to point out though. "

Well whatever he cut his knee with, I hope not to get cut by the same thing! You mentioned that they operated on him? How exactly? Do you have video of it? Because can't they just skin him alive after putting him to sleep. I mean, they are calling it a skin condition, but I'm not even sure if that's really wooden skin or trunks that are rooting itself to the bone marrow.  If he wants this off, he needs surgery, not vitamins.... Vitamins later perhaps, but but 1st take off the trunks. "
Apparently it's a hereditary disease caused by a mutation in specific genes. Here's the vid of the surgery. Start at 3:00

Cypher's Gambit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Cypher's Gambit
@Prince CortSether said:

" @Cypher's Gambit said:

Well whatever he cut his knee with, I hope not to get cut by the same thing! You mentioned that they operated on him? How exactly? Do you have video of it? Because can't they just skin him alive after putting him to sleep. I mean, they are calling it a skin condition, but I'm not even sure if that's really wooden skin or trunks that are rooting itself to the bone marrow.  If he wants this off, he needs surgery, not vitamins.... Vitamins later perhaps, but but 1st take off the trunks. "
Apparently it's a hereditary disease caused by a mutation in specific genes. Here's the vid of the surgery. Start at 3:00

"

Ok, I am now getting to video 5, but before playing it I want to comment his health. 1st of all, I had not noticed before that these were related to warts. Warts are very contagious and can spread. Since they already had spread warts takes supply out of the bloodstream and into them sorta like how cancer cells absorbs nutrients from distributing effectively throughout the body. What this does is messes up with the immune system which means he is easily sick and weakened and has a very low recovery rate. On top of that, he smokes further degrading his immunity energy. It is clear that his body reacts much slower than these warts can reform. What needs to be done is build up his immunity if possible and spray him with control doses of liquid nitrogen. If the freeze cus off the blood supply and freezes the wart, it will fall off on its own. This is just skin at this point and scarring should be a less concern right now. Scar his ass up! Leave him in a freezer so that blood flows slowers and not travel through the extremities to the hands and feet. After the all the visible stuff is taken off, they would still need to get to the root of every wart. That's going to be insane considering we have no idea how deep it goes! 0_0
Cypher's Gambit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Cypher's Gambit
@Prince CortSether:  Osteoporosis now??? This is not looking too good. Don't know if I want to watch the 6th video. Ten years ago, he should of quit smoking and absorbed more Calcium and Vitamin D. This is too grim to bare now. :L
Prince CortSether

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Prince CortSether
@Cypher's Gambit said:
" @Prince CortSether:  Osteoporosis now??? This is not looking too good. Don't know if I want to watch the 6th video. Ten years ago, he should of quit smoking and absorbed more Calcium and Vitamin D. This is too grim to bare now. :L "
Oh this video was made a couple years ago. As of now the warts and growths have grown back and he's refusing further treatment...disillusioned for the future I guess.
Cypher's Gambit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Cypher's Gambit
@Prince CortSether said:
" @Cypher's Gambit said:
" @Prince CortSether:  Osteoporosis now??? This is not looking too good. Don't know if I want to watch the 6th video. Ten years ago, he should of quit smoking and absorbed more Calcium and Vitamin D. This is too grim to bare now. :L "
Oh this video was made a couple years ago. As of now the warts and growths have grown back and he's refusing further treatment...disillusioned for the future I guess. "
I just finished the 6th video and it seems like a happy ending. 90% of it gone after the Chemotherapy, but the retarded thing is is why stop at 90%. Warts grow back if not treated. they should have discharged him after they've completely took all the warts off. That's heck of retarded on their part.
Prince CortSether

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Cypher's Gambit said:

" @Cypher's Gambit said:

Oh this video was made a couple years ago. As of now the warts and growths have grown back and he's refusing further treatment...disillusioned for the future I guess. "
I just finished the 6th video and it seems like a happy ending. 90% of it gone after the Chemotherapy, but the retarded thing is is why stop at 90%. Warts grow back if not treated. they should have discharged him after they've completely took all the warts off. That's heck of retarded on their part. "
Yeah, it says he discharged himself from the hospital but I think they should have made him stay. There was another guy who had the mutation who meets Dede afterward:

Link