Strange but unexplained paranormal encounters.

• 78 results
Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I have made a thread about people's belief in ghost, and aliens. A majority of people said they couldn't throw out the possibility of there being other life in the universe. Which should be everyone's take on it. Why would we be the only living beings in the universe? My main focus than turned into " do people believe in ghost"? In-which at least half of the viners in that thread said maybe or yes. Other's say they believe in demons. Which is what should be true if you believe in hell. So I want to know now, have you had any paranormal encounters that have shook you or left you speechless about what it is? I would like you to post it here, so I can get a take on what other viners have experienced. Remember it doesn't have to be ghost related, but anything paranormal.

Here is one of my own stories.

I remember when I was about 11 or 12 years old ( I am 15 now ), and I was running up the stairs because my mom told me to get something upstairs for her. Everyone was down stairs in the living room at the time.I went up stairs running in a happy mood because my mom was taking me somewhere, so I was going up the last flight of stairs, second floor, and I seen a shadow walking. Remember what I said, I was running up the stairs, and everyone else was in the living room, so no one could have possibly been there. I was walking and seen a tall figure walking slowly on the right side up the stairs too. I was so scared I nearly toppled down the stairs. I than called out for my dad, and when turned back it was gone. I was scared to go up the stairs for weeks, and could barely sleep, because that staircase is directly across from my room.

So that is one of my encounter's, what are yours?

New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I kinda made one of these

Avatar image for anywhichwaybutup
AnyWhichWayButUp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thundergodswrath: One time I was trying to sleep in one of my moms bedrooms but I just couldn't sleep with the curtain wide open so I pulled to the other side of the door opening and I turn over then I don't know after maybe after two minutes of hearing odd noises I turn over and the curtains all the way back over where it was before. Then like a week later I was laying on the couch watching t.v. I saw a strange shadow pass by the hall but thought nothing of it, anyways so after 10-15 minutes the chair starts rocking slowly I think it's just the AC but then the sound of someone stomping their feet right next to me happened and I flipped out and just went to sleep.

New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By russellmania77
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for rulerofthisuniverse
RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

One time I saw Batman and Robin.

I was never the same again.

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By russellmania77

@thundergodswrath: I saw a bright white light falling from the sky one night (my story by the way)

InnerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

look up the hopkinsville goblin case

Aiden Cross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By Aiden Cross

Had none.

Avatar image for thespiritstalker
TheSpiritStalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

none that I can remember.

ms__omega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In an old house I grew up in door would open and close by themselves, you would hear heavy footsteps up stairs when you were alone, you would hear your name being called, also had things move when no one was touching it.

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've never had one. Even if I did, I would dismiss it.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#15  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

I seen a UFO once, I was at collage and it was lunch time and we were in my mates car going to get food and out the the window we could see this perfect sphere in the sky, it was ether reeeeally shiny or it was a ball of energy, we tried to follow it but it began to clime so high we couldn't see it anymore.

I also once felt some one push me when I was sitting watching tv one night, I thought it was my sister so just ignored it I felt it again and turns round and there was girl standing behind me I didn't recognize and when I stood up she was gone

Avatar image for cloudzackvincent
cloudzackvincent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

i m 25 now... when i was around 17 i started having a nightmare..

" an old hag comes to me while i am sleeping and she would always try to take the gold crucifix i wore on my neck( i actually wore it .. not just in the dream). and i had this dream not once.. but more than 2 dozen times in the span of 3 or 4 years. one of the creepiest was when i was 18 and in the first year of college. I was asleep in my dorm one night and i had the same dream.. i woke up with a start.. after switching on the lights, i felt around my neck and the chain which held the crucifix was missing. i searched for it and it was unclapsed under my clothes, but the crucifix was missing. then i caught a glitter under the door of which was on the opposite side of the room from my bed... and the crucifix was there. it was very creepy... it was not the last time i had the dream but it was the creepiest.

in my 3rd year of college i went to the beach with a couple of friends. the beach was kinda remote and there were not many people there. i was a bit drunk and as i unclasped the chain as i was going for a swim, i dropped it on the sand. When i picked it up the crucifix was missing... i searched for it a bit but couldn't find it... it was kinda wierd as i knew the exact spot where i had dropped the chain as i was standing there. i gave up after looking for around 10-15 minutes as there was nowhere to look.. it was like the sand swallowed it. But the good thing was.... i never had the dream after i lost the crucifix. it has been around 4 years since then.

Kalel121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"From a scientific point of view, we can make no distinction between the man who eats little and sees heaven and the man who drinks much and sees snakes." A quote from Bertrand Russell, one of my favourite philosophers. I never take stock in the supernatural phenomenon as there almost always is a scientific explanation. These kinds of things have stupidly flimsy evidence supporting it. And although we probably aren't alone in the universe, all UFO sightings are totally fraudulent claims. Why would advanced alien species come here just to 'abduct us' and appear randomly? Makes no sense.

New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thundergodswrath: I saw a bright white light falling from the sky one night (my story by the way)

Meteor?

In an old house I grew up in door would open and close by themselves, you would hear heavy footsteps up stairs when you were alone, you would hear your name being called, also had things move when no one was touching it.

Same thing happen's to me in my current house.

I've never had one. Even if I did, I would dismiss it.

And why is that?

I seen a UFO once, I was at collage and it was lunch time and we were in my mates car going to get food and out the the window we could see this perfect sphere in the sky, it was ether reeeeally shiny or it was a ball of energy, we tried to follow it but it began to clime so high we couldn't see it anymore.

I also once felt some one push me when I was sitting watching tv one night, I thought it was my sister so just ignored it I felt it again and turns round and there was girl standing behind me I didn't recognize and when I stood up she was gone

That's pretty scary, was she a old or young girl?

i m 25 now... when i was around 17 i started having a nightmare..

" an old hag comes to me while i am sleeping and she would always try to take the gold crucifix i wore on my neck( i actually wore it .. not just in the dream). and i had this dream not once.. but more than 2 dozen times in the span of 3 or 4 years. one of the creepiest was when i was 18 and in the first year of college. I was asleep in my dorm one night and i had the same dream.. i woke up with a start.. after switching on the lights, i felt around my neck and the chain which held the crucifix was missing. i searched for it and it was unclapsed under my clothes, but the crucifix was missing. then i caught a glitter under the door of which was on the opposite side of the room from my bed... and the crucifix was there. it was very creepy... it was not the last time i had the dream but it was the creepiest.

in my 3rd year of college i went to the beach with a couple of friends. the beach was kinda remote and there were not many people there. i was a bit drunk and as i unclasped the chain as i was going for a swim, i dropped it on the sand. When i picked it up the crucifix was missing... i searched for it a bit but couldn't find it... it was kinda wierd as i knew the exact spot where i had dropped the chain as i was standing there. i gave up after looking for around 10-15 minutes as there was nowhere to look.. it was like the sand swallowed it. But the good thing was.... i never had the dream after i lost the crucifix. it has been around 4 years since then.

Where exactly did you get that crucifix from?

@kalel121 said:

"From a scientific point of view, we can make no distinction between the man who eats little and sees heaven and the man who drinks much and sees snakes." A quote from Bertrand Russell, one of my favourite philosophers. I never take stock in the supernatural phenomenon as there almost always is a scientific explanation. These kinds of things have stupidly flimsy evidence supporting it. And although we probably aren't alone in the universe, all UFO sightings are totally fraudulent claims. Why would advanced alien species come here just to 'abduct us' and appear randomly? Makes no sense.

Well maybe they're interested in our life, and want to experiment on use to see how we operate.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 32

@thundergodswrath: She looked about 19/20 she wasn't old timey or anything. she seemed to be dressed in normal clothes

cloudzackvincent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Chibi_cute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Chibi_cute

One night i was masturbating in the boarding house room alone then suddenly a woman wearing white dress with a very long hair suddenly pass by on my front floating. I freaked out so much i jumped out on the window.Then the next day suffering minor bruises i asked the owner of the boarding house who is the former person who rented that room and he said it was a woman who commited suicide in that room because her boyfriend left her.

I left the boarding house and searched for another. true story

New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thundergodswrath: She looked about 19/20 she wasn't old timey or anything. she seemed to be dressed in normal clothes

Oh, I was thinking it was maybe a young girl trying to get you to play with her.

@thundergodswrath: my mother gave it to me....

Well the reason I asked is because usually people will have items that belonged to a deceased person at first without knowing. Say someone dies, and all there belonging's go to storage, because the family didn't want it. Than it some how gets into a pawn shop or something. The spirit may try to look for there lost item, because it was very special to them before they died. The spirit probably followed you looking for it. Maybe that was what happened to you, and it seems the spirit finally got what it wanted.

New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One night i was masturbating in the boarding house room alone then suddenly a woman wearing white dress with a very long hair suddenly pass by on my front floating. I freaked out so much i jumped out on the window.Then the next day suffering minor bruises i asked the owner of the boarding house who is the former person who rented that room and he said it was a woman who commited suicide in that room because her boyfriend left her.

I left the fucking boarding house and searched for another. true story

Loool, although I always felt stories like that were freaky, and couldn't be put down as a coincidence. Like what's the chance of you seeing a dead woman in a white dress, and than finding out a woman committed suicide in that same room. Coincidence? I think not.

cloudzackvincent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By cloudzackvincent

@thundergodswrath: actually my mother had it made for me, she is very religious... maybe the gold used by the smith belonged to someone... anyway still gives me the creeps... and now that i think about it... the wierd thing is i never told my parents about it... although i did tell it to my friends and gf. i don't know why i never mentioned it to my parents

New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thundergodswrath: actually my mother had it made for me, she is very religious... maybe the gold used by the smith belonged to someone... anyway still gives me the creeps... and now that i think about it... the wierd thing is i never told my parents about it... although i did tell it to my friends and gf. i don't know why i never mentioned it to my parents

Interesting, maybe you should tell your parents, and find out where they got it from. Maybe it was from the old lady.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ee15da0e0aad
deactivated-5ee15da0e0aad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

The exact same moment my grandpa died his watch stopped working.

We still have his watch and it never worked again.

cloudzackvincent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thundergodswrath: it will be difficult to track the source because she had it made .. and i doubt the goldsmith will remember where the gold came from

Chibi_cute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thundergodswrath: Maybe coincidence my professor said that most ghost tend to show up to you when you are alone.they are also disturbed on loud noises and prefer to stay at quiet places ex. cemetery or abandoned houses.

New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The exact same moment my grandpa died his watch stopped working.

We still have his watch and it never worked again.

Damn.

@thundergodswrath: it will be difficult to track the source because she had it made .. and i doubt the goldsmith will remember where the gold came from

Oh, okay.

@thundergodswrath: Maybe coincidence my professor said that most ghost tend to show up to you when you are alone.they are also disturbed on loud noises and prefer to stay at quiet places ex. cemetery or abandoned houses.

I've heard the same too.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#30  Edited By Strider1992

Once when I was having this family reunion that was pretty boring decided to to take a walk outside all of a sudden I felt a little lightheaded and came back in. It gradually started to get worse to a point it legitimately felt like something else was controlling my legs. I climbed the stairs with much difficulty due to the grogginess and out of the corner of my eye I saw this black shape come running towards me it collided with my legs and knocked me over before I passed out I felt the bugger steal my watch.

The next morning I woke on the floor to find that the phantom had planted a nigh-empty bottle of vodka next to me (obviously to sully my reputation) and stolen my watch and given it to my dog. To this day he still taunts me by leaving empty bottles at the end of my bed every weekend! Some day I shall break the curse and teach that pesky phantom a lesson!

cloudzackvincent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thundergodswrath: there was time when this became almost like a disease.. i started having this nightmare almost every night.. in college i was living in a single... so i shifted to a friends room... for some days everything was okay.. then one morning my friend told me i was spreading the disease... its kinda funny... he said in his dream that night an old lady was painting his balls in red....

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#32 god_spawn  Moderator

@chibi_cute: Warning for the language. You need to censor it, and I am sure you've been told about this already.

New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Okay

@thundergodswrath: there was time when this became almost like a disease.. i started having this nightmare almost every night.. in college i was living in a single... so i shifted to a friends room... for some days everything was okay.. then one morning my friend told me i was spreading the disease... its kinda funny... he said in his dream that night an old lady was painting his balls in red....

That is very odd, but scary. Did it go away after that?

Once when I was having this family reunion that was pretty boring decided to to take a walk outside all of a sudden I felt a little lightheaded and came back in. It gradually started to get worse to a point it legitimately felt like something else was controlling my legs. I climbed the stairs with much difficulty due to the grogginess and out of the corner of my eye I saw this black shape come running towards me it collided with my legs and knocked me over before I passed out I felt the bugger steal my watch.

The next morning I woke on the floor to find that the phantom had planted a nigh-empty bottle of vodka next to me (obviously to sully my reputation) and stolen my watch and given it to my dog. To this day he still taunts me by leaving empty bottles at the end of my bed every weekend! Some day I shall break the curse and teach that pesky phantom a lesson!

Lol, sounds like something Obisidan would do. :P

Chibi_cute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Chibi_cute

@god_spawn: Oh my i always forgot to review my posts . I apologize it wont happen again for the next thousand years. :))

cloudzackvincent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By New_World_Order
nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-627010180bd2d
deactivated-627010180bd2d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My encounter wasn't exactly paranormal, just unexplained and very frightening. I don't think I've ever heard an account similar to it. If you've EVER had an experience similar to mine please tell me.

The refrigerator in my house is right next to a counter that separates the kitchen and the living room. If the door to the refrigerator is open you can't see over the counter. Several times over a span of two weeks I would close the door to the refrigerator and see something terrifying on the other side of the counter. The creepy part is that I can never remember what I saw. I would just close the door and about 3 out of 10 times I would go into fight or flight. It was as if I had seen pure fear behind that counter. I saw it the first time and scrambled all the way down the hall to my room and blocked the door. I came out a few minutes later with a bat ready to bash it, but couldn't find it. Another time I saw it and fell backwards, cowering on the floor. I felt like a cornered animal. I remember looking up and seeing it hanging over me but I don't remember what IT was. I never remember. The worst instance was when it actually came at me and I had to get away before it did whatever it was going to do when it caught me.

I can never remember what it was, but whatever it was, it caused me fear for my life every time I saw it. I don't really want to know. It reminds me of the Silence from Doctor Who, except I never forgot that I saw it, just what it really was. I'm not even sure I want to know what I saw, and I'd rather believe it was never there.

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5ee15da0e0aad
deactivated-5ee15da0e0aad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@racob7: Sounds a lot like The Silence in Doctor Who?

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

I never believed in the devil prior to learning Justin Bieber was a millionaire but Im convinced someone sold their soul for that.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By cameron83

I still can't decide who took my other bag of Doritos....

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

#44  Edited By TheCannon

I remember one time when I was 5, I was in bed. I was awake early (around 5:30 AM or so) but was still tired so I was laying there. I could see a light right near my dresser that I though was coming through the window, but there were no lights on outside that weren't usually on (such as Street lights), so I had no clue where it was coming from which I already found weird. I closed my eyes and opened them a minute later and saw a shadow in the light. It was just there walking in place. I had no clue what was going on, so I just hid under my covers and occasionally peeked at it. It was just there walking in place until eventually I fell asleep again and it was gone when my mom woke me up.

Not sure if this counts as paranormal, but I just found it weird.

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Okay.

Being awoken almost every night to something banging around in the attic, right above my head. Sounds like heavy footsteps, sledge hammers hitting the wall, heavy objects being thrown around. It was really scary. It would last about 30 minutes or so then just stop all of a sudden.

One time my friend called BS on me and my other friends experiences with the noises, and when he came over we were sitting in my friends room and we heard footsteps above us, it walked across the attic and stopped above my friends head, and then it sounded like something sat down above him. Freaked us out.

And whats also weird is, when it usually happened all the cats in the house would sit in a circle and stare up at the pull down ladder that goes to the attic.

Just to add to the weirdness, when my friend moved into that house there was a random mattress in the attic with brown stains all over it (we always joked it was blood), and there were old glass baby bottles and pee pans laying all over the place. Strange house.

thespideyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@innersuperman said:

Okay

Don't look up the Goblin case. The explanation is they were crazy drunk and saw an eagle owl.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

If you were crazy drunk could you tell these two apart.

InnerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By InnerSuperman

@thespideyguy: dude the entire family saw it i doubt his kids were crazy drunk.

No Caption Provided

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thundergodswrath said:

@innersuperman said:

Okay

Don't look up the Goblin case. The explanation is they were crazy drunk and saw an eagle owl.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

If you were crazy drunk could you tell these two apart.

Not trying to say that the goblins or whatever are real, but I could easily tell the difference.

Avatar image for mrdecepticonleader
mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Never had one. Really because there are perfectly reasonable less interesting explanations for such "paranormal events".

thespideyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2