Straight But Not Narrow respect thread

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MidApollo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By MidApollo

I am relatively new to comic vine - i always observe but only recently signed up. I am gay. I went to this amazing thread - gay respect thread - and i saw so many amazing people and not only there in general discussions too, people who are straight but standing up for the LGBT - i had this idea of creating this thread - just to say THANK YOU to all the straight guys and girls who do not discriminate and even stand up for the LGBT! Truth is i shouldn't thank you guys since u are only being a normal civilzed person who is not blinded by hatred but since not everyone is like you guys - I HAVE TO and I WANT TO! From all the LGBT community i thank you for being open minded and just plain awesome! It always means a lot (for me anyways) to see straight people who support the LGBT !! Thank you - RESPECT!!

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

Yay for people who aren't stupid.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By danhimself

I'm going to be completely honest here....I do not understand the whole gay and lesbian thing...I don't want that to sound rude but I just don't know how else to word it....that being said...I have absolutely no problem with it at all....if you want to like other guys or other girls then that is completely up to you...if you want to marry another guy or another girl then again that is completely up to you (though marriage is an outdated concept)....I honestly don't see what the big deal is....it doesn't affect anyone other than the two involved in the relationship and no one else....I have gay and lesbian and bisexual friends and they are no different than my straight friends

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By InnerVenom123

@danhimself said:

I'm going to be completely honest here....I do not understand the whole gay and lesbian thing...I don't want that to sound rude but I just don't know how else to word it.

Dude. You're surfing on the information super highway.

If you don't get something you can read up on it. :P

MidApollo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By MidApollo

@danhimself said:

if you want to like other guys or other girls then that is completely up to you...if you want to marry another guy or another girl then again that is completely up to you (though marriage is an outdated concept)....I honestly don't see what the big deal is....it doesn't affect anyone other than the two involved in the relationship and no one else....I have gay and lesbian and bisexual friends and they are no different than my straight friends

actually you understand better than you think you do - there IS no big deal - but people make a big deal out of it, somehow, otherwise groups like 1 million moms(they are not even 1 million) or NOM (national orgnization for marriage) wouldn't exist but i'd suggest you write it to them and help them understand.

@InnerVenom123 said:

@danhimself said:

I'm going to be completely honest here....I do not understand the whole gay and lesbian thing...I don't want that to sound rude but I just don't know how else to word it.

Dude. You're surfing on the information super highway.

If you don't get something you can read up on it. :P

it's ok i think i explained good enough :D

theDCkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By theDCkid

@danhimself said:

(though marriage is an outdated concept)....I honestly don't see what the big deal is....it doesn't affect anyone other than the two involved in the relationship and no one else....

What about any children envolved?, marriage is a serious commitment between two people and something that should not be taken lightly.

Perfect Cell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Perfect Cell

If they want marriage then it would be equal if they can take divorce with it.

Good luck with divorce.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By danhimself

@theDCkid said:

@danhimself said:

(though marriage is an outdated concept)....I honestly don't see what the big deal is....it doesn't affect anyone other than the two involved in the relationship and no one else....

What about any children envolved?, marriage is a serious commitment between two people and something that should not be taken lightly.

You don't ned a piece of paper and an expensive ring to prove that you're committed to someone

FalconPuuunch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By FalconPuuunch

@theDCkid said:

@danhimself said:

What about children? Gay people can be mothers and fathers just as much as any straight person. I'm sure children who have experienced abuse and foster homes would love to live in a home with two loving parents who love them and actually want them regardless of their sexuality.

I personally feel like the whole "marriage is sacred" argument is just archaic. Even if marriage were sacred (which it isn't and can never be) it isn't any more. In a few states in the US you can marry your own cousin and the divorce rate in this country is jaw dropping.

Besides it isn't just a ring or a piece of paper anymore. There are benefits and rights that aren't being fairly distributed in this country which is past unfair. Gay people didn't vote on our marriage why the hell should we be allowed to vote on theirs? We have been to the moon, have sent drones to Mars, have cured HIV in babies and have cloned animals but we can't for the life of us accept that being gay isn't a choice?

theDCkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By theDCkid

@danhimself: No you don't need an expensive ring, I never said you did, the ring is merely a symbol of commitment and essentially not neccesary.

MidApollo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By MidApollo

@FalconPuuunch said:

@theDCkid said:

@danhimself said:

What about children? Gay people can be mothers and fathers just as much as any straight person. I'm sure children who have experienced abuse and foster homes would love to live in a home with two loving parents who love them and actually want them regardless of their sexuality.

I personally feel like the whole "marriage is sacred" argument is just archaic. Even if marriage were sacred (which it isn't and can never be) it isn't any more. In a few states in the US you can marry your own cousin and the divorce rate in this country is jaw dropping.

Besides it isn't just a ring or a piece of paper anymore. There are benefits and rights that aren't being fairly distributed in this country which is past unfair. Gay people didn't vote on our marriage why the hell should we be allowed to vote on theirs? We have been to the moon, have sent drones to Mars, have cured HIV in babies and have cloned animals but we can't for the life of us accept that being gay isn't a choice?

thank you - this is exactly what i was going to write (for some reason apparantly i can only post 5 things a day) so i was waiting.... but you said it right - now if everyone thought like you, i wouldn't need to make a thank you thread for people like you -

boostergold321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By boostergold321

yo.

theDCkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By theDCkid

@MidApollo: I feel like what I said is being misinterpreted, I have nothing against gays/gay marriage, but I do believe marriage is more than some pointless archaic ceremony, even if the "rules" of marriage are evolving.

satyrgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By satyrgod
@theDCkid
If it's any consolation, a lot of us don't get the whole 'straight' thing.  Personally, I suspect that may heteros learned their orientation in formative manner as they associated such with socially normative convention, and just never  dared to explore outside the box (so to speak).  Logic would seem to indicate that bisexuality should be the norm and the rest of us are weird.
MidApollo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By MidApollo

@theDCkid: oh don't worry i didn't say you are a homophobe, or something - chillax, just a peaceful discussion and answers to your questions... now if you were here saying "fags burn in hell" than we would have a problem probably lol

@satyrgod: you know I sometimes also think that maybe everybody is bisexual but never discovers it... Anyways I am very glad I am gay, it's like it suits me so well i can't even explain...

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By laflux

@MidApollo said:

@theDCkid: oh don't worry i didn't say you are a homophobe, or something - chillax, just a peaceful discussion and answers to your questions... now if you were here saying "fags burn in hell" than we would have a problem probably lol

@satyrgod: you know I sometimes also think that maybe everybody is bisexual but never discovers it... Anyways I am very glad I am gay, it's like it suits me so well i can't even explain...

Oh the five post thing a day won't last long ^.^

Avatar image for betatesthighlander1
Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

@satyrgod: terms like bisexual and pan sexual get a bit hard to define, i know very well that there are people interested exclusively in the opposite sex, and that there are people interested exclusively in the same sex. But no two people have the exact same taste in what they want in a sexual or romantic partner, so one might say that there are as many sexualites as there are people. I'll say that someone's experiences can have can effects on their sexuality, and maybe some people would enjoy things that they fervently deny they like, but for the most part I'll take it that anyone who says there straight is probably interested pretty exclusively in the opposite sex, maybe they'd be a bit more diverse in their lovers if theyw ere in anotehr setting, but having grown up in an entirely different place can change almost every aspect of a person.

satyrgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By satyrgod

@MidApollo said:

I know, right?  When you discover and open yourself up (ahem) to what you really want there is a profound sense of freedom, of being true to onself.  Same with religion, personal philosophy, education and career choice, fetishes; all sorts of things.

@laflux: "Oh the five post thing a day won't last long ^.^ "

'Five post thing'?  I'm sorry, I don't get the reference..?

MidApollo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By MidApollo

@laflux: oh i hope you are right coz everytime i wanna post something i have to think if i really wanna post it since it's only 5 a day and than having to wait is a torture also.

@Betatesthighlander1: funnily enough i agree with you too... When i think everyone may be bi, I think of me and i just can't see me with a woman so that puts doubts in my twisted mind lol But you know what the thing is - it doesn't matter who you love - what matters is tolerance and respect who may not be quite like you, which apparantly is very hard to do for some people. But like i said nowadays the LGBT community is not alone, we have a lot of straight people who also stand up for their LGBT friends, families, neighbours, brothers, sisters, relatives and that is why i created this thread - it's my way of saying thank you to the nice people of ComicVine who are all for having gay characters in comics, who stand up to someone who sais its a perversion or something to be gay...

P.S I love this picture :D it is violent kind of but it does encourage to stand up and fight for equality!!

Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@MidApollo: okay, I'm just gonna say this. i don't support gay pride. If someone doesn't like gay people, and they see a gay pride parade, do you really think it would elevate their opinions of gay people at all?

they promote stereotypes of gay people being promiscuous freaks , and rather than saying that they aren't and their just norma people, they say gay people aare all promiscuis fraks, and you just have to deal with it

i feel like it would bring people closer together if gay pride was more about them being regular people with jobs and families instead of them dressing up in costumes and acting like that was what being gay was

and I've never heard people shouting "get used to it" in a place where people weren't already used to it

MidApollo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By MidApollo

@satyrgod: yep totally opened myself up hahahaha :D cough cough

Also the 5 post thing is - as i am new i only have the right to post 5 times a day only to make sure i am not flooding or something i think (it sucks lol)

@Betatesthighlander1: I hope you know that gay pride was never about dressing up weirdly it was about standing up, it was after the Stonewall events when gay people were being arrested... anyways not everyone dresses up during the pride parade or goes there naked and if they do it is an expression of freedom - that its the only day they can wear whatever they want and be whatever they want in my opinion. Believe me or not you can see a guy dressed up very weirdly that day when the next day he wears his suit and goes to his very important business meeting - it's a party now, a celebration it is not what it used to be since gays are not as persecuted as before, it was more political before now it is just a day of being yourself having fun with only little political message ^^

satyrgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By satyrgod
@Betatesthighlander1: "@MidApollo: okay, I'm just gonna say this. i don't support gay pride. If someone doesn't like gay people, and they see a gay pride parade, do you really think it would elevate their opinions of gay people at all they promote stereotypes of gay people being promiscuous freaks , and rather than saying that they aren't and their just norma people, they say gay people aare all promiscuis fraks, and you just have to deal with it i feel like it would bring people closer together if gay pride was more about them being regular people with jobs and families instead of them dressing up in costumes and acting like that was what being gay wa and I've never heard people shouting "get used to it" in a place where people weren't already used to it"

Gay Pride is all about fun in diversity.  If there were a Straight Pride parade, would the participants be only straight-laced prudes in suits and drab Puritan dresses?  Is Marti Gras reflective of what all 'those people' are?  The Faux News kind of people are always going to find Pride egregious anyway; contrary to what they seem to want to think, we don't do just to piss them off.  That's just an unintended benefit.
Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@satyrgod: @satyrgod: Mardi Gras is usually attended by a diverse group, i'm not sure who 'those people" are.

I'm not really sure how a straight pride parade would actually go down (suffice to say, a lot of people would be mad afterwards)

anyways, what you said about pissing the faux news cannel off is kinda one of my points, this is getting confrontational, instead of trying to show other people taht there's nothing wrong with gay people, your just getting mad at the people who whink otherwise, which isn't the best strategy for people seeking acceptance.

@MidApollo:

I undestand that gay pride is idealyabou standing up for who youa re and trying to illustrate that you'r just attracted to your ow sex and theres nothing anyone can do about it, but I don't really get that from most pride parades

and there doesn't really seem to be an agreement about wether it's about having fun or portraying a genuine political message, becasue they are usually holding protest signs, but they're also usually acting a bit silly.

I'm not saying those people don't have a right to protest, i fervently beleive people can say whatever they want, but I'm not sure if that public display is really good for gay people

I beleive that being gay is pretty arbitrary to who a person is, thay might be shy, fabulous, faithful, promiscuous, camp, all-buisiness, pretty much anything

but gay pride, like most forms of pride, suggests that their different from us taht gay people are what you see before you, and all gay people are like that, when gay people could be like anything

it's like having a special holiday for men who like women that portray meternl apects, it's taking something arbitary and defining it as something that makes you different from everybody else

MidApollo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By MidApollo

@satyrgod: @Betatesthighlander1: ok guys let me put it this way - People who don't like gays are not gonna change their opinion just because they see serious people during the pride parade. also i get what you're saying and I think that maybe we all should tone down with the outfits and nakedness but you know what than i think - fork it!! It's 1 day of the year - it's like halloween - people dress as they want for 1 day... and why can't it be both political and be fun at the same time?

Straight people don't neeed straight parade coz its straight parade every day for them - i mean come on they announce to the world they are straight all the time - by going out with their gfs, holding hands, kissing, making out, partying , flirting and many many things - I wouldn't feel safe to hold hands or even kiss my bf in the street - but you know what i would if it were the gay pride day - coz you are surrounded by "your" people and you know you are not gonna be looked at, laughed at or judged (now i know gays love to judge but thats another question for another day lol)

To say it all briefly - Gay Pride Parade is about being who you wanna be, being free, equal, safe, unjudged, unlooked and unlaughed at for 1 day. So i dont give 1 single poo what straight people might think for that day, and it's not a serious gay pride parade that is gonna change anything, <<fags burn in hell>> remember?

Enemybird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Enemybird

Will humans ever see each other as equals?

satyrgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By satyrgod
@Betatesthighlander1: "Mardi Gras is usually attended by a diverse group, i'm not sure who 'those people" are.

I'm not really sure how a straight pride parade would actually go down (suffice to say, a lot of people would be mad afterwards) anyways, what you said about pissing the faux news cannel off is kinda one of my points, this is getting confrontational, instead of trying to show other people taht there's nothing wrong with gay people, your just getting mad at the people who whink otherwise, which isn't the best strategy for people seeking acceptance."

My points exactly.  Gay Pride is attended by a variety of very diverse folks with some similar aspects.  I am more than just a homosexual; I'm a big ol' raging dog of a homo, sexually obsessed, sexual compulsive with overt masochistic tendencies.  I am atypical; for a homo, for a wiccan, for a healthcare practitioner (I actually qualify as witch-doctor, can you imagine?).  I'm not a big ol' nelly bottom nor am I a flamboyant dragqueen.  I'm a guy who's into guys who look and act like men.  Preferably in denim and leather (if anything at all).  I really enjoy the flagrant wantonness and unashamed male nudity of Pride; Gay Pride cums just once a year, after all.  It's a time to cut loose.  And the conservatives aren't going to like or accept us regardless, so screw 'em.  Acceptance is more than Pride day; it's day-to-day, live and love, socially appropriate within idiosyncratic situational context.  When I'm at work I am professional and friendly rather than in-your-face confrontational 'I'm here and I'm queer so get used to it' nor am I flirtatiously 'friendly' or creepily touchy-feely with the (many) butchy-boys on whom I am currently crushing.  Honestly, you can't tell (at least until you bust me checking out some cute guy with a sweet ass walking by).  We can cajole acceptance; but equally comes only from hard-fought effort.  I advocate for both.

skooks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By skooks

@Enemybird said:

I wish, but nope. Humans are stupid.

satyrgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By satyrgod
@skooks: @Enemybird said:

"I wish, but nope. Humans are stupid"

'Gods, what fools these mortals be'.  As long as humans are a diverse lot, equality shall not be forthcoming among the ignorant.  We discussed this very subject in the Gay Marriage thread where I argued against the consensus that we are indeed equal; I know some things and have a certain skillset but I'm not so good at other things, you know what you know and possess your own skills but you are no less nor greater than I.  We all have intrinsic value; all life is sacred, all knowledge precious.  Apparently, many disagree with me, as is their prerogative.
Avatar image for vercingetorixthegreat
VercingetorixTheGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am fine with homosexuals being homosexual. The government has no business regulating the bed room. Same with individual people, don't discriminate against anybody

Not gonna lie though I feel uncomfortable when I see it public... but hell I feel the same way when I see heterosexuals showing affection in public.

I don't like homosexuality but make it legal.

Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@MidApollo: You don't think serious protesting is going to change anyone's minds?

You remember this?

No Caption Provided

and then there was all this stuff

No Caption Provided

now we don't see much of the first one

similar things happened in India a while back as well, so there's that

where do you live where straight people can make out int public, amd there's an annual gay pride parade but gay people can't hold hands in public?

@MidApollo said:

To say it all briefly - Gay Pride Parade is about being who you wanna be, being free, equal, safe, unjudged, unlooked and unlaughed at for 1 day. So i dont give 1 single poo what straight people might think for that day, and it's not a serious gay pride parade that is gonna change anything

what about the "straight-acting" gay crowd who always get assumed as promiscuous, fabulous, deviants any times they mention their boyfriends and husbands because of the images promoted?

MidApollo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By MidApollo

We do have serious protests as you see there are no guys naked or in thongs and leather outfits

Gay Pride Parade is more of a party and a celebration not a serious protest now - at first it was MANY MANY years ago.

We also had our own Martin Luther King - know this guy? His name was Harvey Milk

And to answer your questions -

@Betatesthighlander1 said:

@MidApollo: You don't think serious protesting is going to change anyone's minds?

You remember this?

where do you live where straight people can make out int public, amd there's an annual gay pride parade but gay people can't hold hands in public?

@MidApollo said:

To say it all briefly - Gay Pride Parade is about being who you wanna be, being free, equal, safe, unjudged, unlooked and unlaughed at for 1 day. So i dont give 1 single poo what straight people might think for that day, and it's not a serious gay pride parade that is gonna change anything

what about the "straight-acting" gay crowd who always get assumed as promiscuous, fabulous, deviants any times they mention their boyfriends and husbands because of the images promoted?

Holding hands, kissing is equally legal for gays too but the looks you get full of hate sometimes disgust sometimes just weirded out, also the things people may say - it's not easy trust me!

You know we don't promote any image - the gay community is diverse - we have lesbians - who can be butch or what we call lipstick, Gays who can be effeminated or like you said "straight acting" bi-s, and transexuals (who are maybe the most hated) and we are FABULOUS ;) - but you know what you said are stereotypes which exists for every culture and sub culture and they will always exist - there are stereotypes on ever race, nation, sex etc. So that is the society's fault.

Avatar image for timelordscience
TimeLordScience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By TimeLordScience

This is a cool thread. Hi by the way. I am gay as well.

Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@MidApollo:

I completely approve of the actual protesting, and I have great respect for Harvey Milk.

I feel like people in general get some odd looks for public displays of affection,

I know gay people are diverse, an i know that

are you saying you don't promote that image? you certainly do at gay pride

No Caption Provided

again, i have nothing against the against community, just gay pride

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By ssejllenrad

@MidApollo said:

God HATES FAGS!!!!! Second-hand smoke kills more than first-hand smoke!!! Let us stop lung cancer!!!! Let us end fag glorification!

Nyehehehehehehehe! Kidding. But honestly, I don't get how fag went from being simply cigarette to being a slur against the homosexuals... I really don't.

Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssejllenrad: "faggot" originally referred to a bundle of sticks used to start a fire

Cigarettes got that nickname because their sticks that people burn

gay people got that name by what the inquisition did to them

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By ssejllenrad

@Betatesthighlander1: I see. Thanks for the etymology.

MidApollo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By MidApollo

@Betatesthighlander1: lol @ some of the outfits in the picture

ok actually like i said Gay Pride Parade is a party now - so people dress up and party and are being themselves wearing what they want - IT IS ONLY 1 DAY of the year :) and plz you can't compare straight PDA with ours - you get weird looks when you go real deep with toungs and touching all over - we get weird looks, insults, disgusted and angry looks just for holding hands or a simple kiss - that's if you don't get beaten by some guys who just wanna beat some fags up for fun ^^

MidApollo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By MidApollo

@TimeLordScience: well hello - Fellow gay person :D

Avatar image for necrotic_lycanthrope
Necrotic_Lycanthrope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 11

@MidApollo said:

I am relatively new to comic vine - i always observe but only recently signed up. I am gay. I went to this amazing thread - gay respect thread - and i saw so many amazing people and not only there in general discussions too, people who are straight but standing up for the LGBT - i had this idea of creating this thread - just to say THANK YOU to all the straight guys and girls who do not discriminate and even stand up for the LGBT! Truth is i shouldn't thank you guys since u are only being a normal civilzed person who is not blinded by hatred but since not everyone is like you guys - I HAVE TO and I WANT TO! From all the LGBT community i thank you for being open minded and just plain awesome! It always means a lot (for me anyways) to see straight people who support the LGBT !! Thank you - RESPECT!!

Now this I find offensive. Do you mean to say that if anybody doesn't agree 100 percent with LGBT opinions and movements that they're hate mongers?

Because there are one or two things I'm probably never going to see eye to eye with Gay Pride. Does that make me blinded by hatred as well?

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#40  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

I feel like this thread serves no purpose...

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#41  Edited By Blood1991

No Caption Provided

@MidApollo:

I completely approve of the actual protesting, and I have great respect for Harvey Milk.

I feel like people in general get some odd looks for public displays of affection,

I hate to butt in and I see your point, but this is about the LGBT community and their culture. Yeah it is different, because they are different. We see the same sh!t when we see cosplayers at conventions and alot of people think it is ridiculous and cast negative judgement on geek culture. Just, because something is different or in our minds strange doesn't make it bad. If these guys and gals want to celebrate their culture as a group of people who are we to judge?

MidApollo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By MidApollo

@Necrotic_Lycanthrope: well see i never said if you don't agree with gay pride you are hatefull - heck even some gay people don't agree with gay pride parade - that doesn't make them homophobe - so no you are not hateful - hateful is when a pastor wants to isolate gays and lesbians in 2 electrified fences so that we don't reproduce and die out eventually (somehow he thinks gay people come from gay people). Hateful is when you are being bashed in the street for being gay or insulted or you lose your family and some of your friends when you come out or saying that Gay Superheroes should never happen coz its perverse and it's messing with people's minds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2839yEazcs - there you go the Pastor i am talking about - if you havn't heard about this - i dont know how this man is not put in jail at the very least!

Avatar image for timelordscience
TimeLordScience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By TimeLordScience

@MidApollo said:

@TimeLordScience: well hello - Fellow gay person :D

Does your name come from Midnighter and Apollo?

MidApollo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By MidApollo

@TimeLordScience: yes it does - Midnighter Apollo and Martian Manhunter are my favorite male characters in the DCU probably

MidApollo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By MidApollo

@Blood1991 said:

No Caption Provided

@MidApollo:

I hate to butt in and I see your point, but this is about the LGBT community and their culture. Yeah it is different, because they are different. We see the same sh!t when we see cosplayers at conventions and alot of people think it is ridiculous and cast negative judgement on geek culture. Just, because something is different or in our minds strange doesn't make it bad. If these guys and gals want to celebrate their culture as a group of people who are we to judge?

I couldn't have said it better :D thank you

Necrotic_Lycanthrope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@MidApollo said:

@Necrotic_Lycanthrope: well see i never said if you don't agree with gay pride you are hatefull - heck even some gay people don't agree with gay pride parade - that doesn't make them homophobe - so no you are not hateful - hateful is when a pastor wants to isolate gays and lesbians in 2 electrified fences so that we don't reproduce and die out eventually (somehow he thinks gay people come from gay people). Hateful is when you are being bashed in the street for being gay or insulted or you lose your family and some of your friends when you come out or saying that Gay Superheroes should never happen coz its perverse and it's messing with people's minds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2839yEazcs - there you go the Pastor i am talking about - if you havn't heard about this - i dont know how this man is not put in jail at the very least!

Just remember this: not every pastor out there announces the brutal treatment of gays for what they are. Evangelicals are no fans of homosexuals, and Christians-In-Name-Only like the Westboro Baptist Church do much more harm than established, recognized religions in the US.

Now I'm not saying that I'm right and you're wrong or visa versa. It's just that Christians have been getting bashed a lot and it's a bit aggravating to feel like you've been slapped into the same circle as the KKK and Nazis in terms of discrimination.

satyrgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By satyrgod
@Necrotic_Lycanthrope: "It's just that Christians have been getting bashed a lot and it's a bit aggravating to feel like you've been slapped into the same circle as the KKK and Nazis in terms of discrimination."

Is it that Christians are getting 'bashed', or small-minded hypocrites who call themselves Christian without seeming to know what the (presumably) historical Jesus is credited with teaching?  The 'Christians-In-Name-Only', as you stated, are numerous and vocal whereas the God-Loves-Everyone, Do-Unto-Others, Judge-Not-Lest-Ye-Be-Judged type remain oddly silent in the face of blatant discrimination on religious grounds.  Also, are most of the Christians you referenced actually bashed; physically assaulted, sexually threatened, hated for living and loving?  People calling themselves christian, unfortunately, represent the majority of English-speaking populations, whereas minorities always seem to come up at the short end
Necrotic_Lycanthrope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@satyrgod:

Ever see what the Coptic Christians have been through? They make discrimination in the US today look like pre-school jabs.

Shockingly enough, many of the silent Christians you mentioned are working their tails off to help people in Africa who are dying of genocide, slavery and famine. (found this out on the news this morning during discussions about the Pope election.)

So, I'm sorry they don't have time to focus in on the more important issues hitting the US political spectrum nowadays, such as Gay Rights and the War on Women (to name a few.)

satyrgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By satyrgod
@Necrotic_Lycanthrope
'War on women'.  Right.  Politicians and their inflammatory rhetoric; 'war on religion', 'class warfare'.  And poverty in Africa?  A war-torn continent and their intercession is supposed to bring peace and salvation?  Yeah, and how's that working out?  May as well try to find middle-ground between Palestine and Israel.  They might find that if they focused on the divisions of their own country first, they could make some real headway, develop a viable power base and nail down their credibility.  But hey, why bother to get your own house in order first, before telling everyone else how to live?  They might even start by addressing the ongoing egregious abuse of their own children.
MidApollo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By MidApollo

@satyrgod said:

@Necrotic_Lycanthrope: "It's just that Christians have been getting bashed a lot and it's a bit aggravating to feel like you've been slapped into the same circle as the KKK and Nazis in terms of discrimination." Is it that Christians are getting 'bashed', or small-minded hypocrites who call themselves Christian without seeming to know what the (presumably) historical Jesus is credited with teaching? The 'Christians-In-Name-Only', as you stated, are numerous and vocal whereas the God-Loves-Everyone, Do-Unto-Others, Judge-Not-Lest-Ye-Be-Judged type remain oddly silent in the face of blatant discrimination on religious grounds. Also, are most of the Christians you referenced actually bashed; physically assaulted, sexually threatened, hated for living and loving? People calling themselves christian, unfortunately, represent the majority of English-speaking populations, whereas minorities always seem to come up at the short end

basically this and this @satyrgod said:

@Necrotic_Lycanthrope: 'War on women'. Right. Politicians and their inflammatory rhetoric; 'war on religion', 'class warfare'. And poverty in Africa? A war-torn continent and their intercession is supposed to bring peace and salvation? Yeah, and how's that working out? May as well try to find middle-ground between Palestine and Israel. They might find that if they focused on the divisions of their own country first, they could make some real headway, develop a viable power base and nail down their credibility. But hey, why bother to get your own house in order first, before telling everyone else how to live? They might even start by addressing the ongoing egregious abuse of their own children.

Now see the thing is - Christians are not being bashed, in fact Christians are a majority in the US, but like said - Christians don't get bullied at school or bashed on the street or laughed at in the streets...or get beat by 2 guys and tied to a fance for 18 hours left to die like this young man named Mathew Shepard

And weirdly enough he is not the only pastor that has said that kindof things - many pastors think gays are the devil and demons are possessing us or that if your child is gay you should beat the gay out of them - but I didn't say all the Christians were like that you know, The only churches that do accept gays are so little in numbers and are usually also very small themselves. You need to go and search the internet to find some rare church that might accept you really...

All christians like to do is say some bible verses when they need the bible to criticise some people - like they never fail to mention that the bible sais that Homosexuality is a sin but they fail to mention that eating shrimp, wearing cloths that has more than 2 materials in it, wearing condoms, adultery oh and my favorite having sex with children is a sin.

Gays can't get married coz they are sinners and abominations and perverts but hey murderers, robbers, adulterers can coz obviously all that is not nearly as bad as being gay in their eyes... and before criticizing gays they should really work on their own issues cough- pedophilia- cough...

Sorry anyways i just get angry when people say Christians are getting a lot of hate... when they do a lot of hating themselves - LUCKILY there are still compassionate Christians and in general compassionate people on this planet