Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (34018 posts) 1 year, 1 month ago

Poll: Stormcloaks Vs Imperial Legion? (15 votes)

Stormcloak 60%
Imperial Legion 40%

I know this is kind of an old question but everybody has play Skyrim by now, right?

So who do you side with Stormcloaks or the the Empire?

#1 Edited by i_like_swords (16071 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm a Stormcloak. The Empire's views are just far too different for the Nords of Skyrim. The Nords should be free to make their own decisions and fight their own wars.

#2 Edited by Bruxae (14005 posts) - - Show Bio

Stormcloak by far, I dislike the Imperials with a passion.

#3 Posted by Blood_Red_Rage (508 posts) - - Show Bio

I dropped a nuke on them all.

#4 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (34018 posts) - - Show Bio

@i_like_swords: I'm with the Stormcloaks also but tto play devil's advocate the Nords didn't really choose Ulfric so is he speaking for Skyrim or is he just after personal gain?

#5 Edited by silkyballfro94 (1837 posts) - - Show Bio

DAMN faithless Imperials....

#6 Edited by i_like_swords (16071 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous: How is any politician put into power? They put themselves out there, and then people choose to support them. Pretty much Ulfric did. He's almost like Hitler in a way. Skyrim was in the shitter, and the Empirewas failing, so he takes a radical approach and blows away Torig, and everyone supports him.

#7 Posted by AweSam (7375 posts) - - Show Bio

Neither. I take no allegiance. I originally made an Imperial and joined the legion, but they're boring and they just serve the High Elves. Next I made a Nord and joined the Stormcloaks. I prefer using a Nord, but I don't think they even knew what they were doing. They wanted to run the Empire and Thalmor out of Skyrim, but then what? They didn't have any plans for what comes after. They don't have the man power or weaponry to invade Cyrodil and the Summerset Isle, or even to defend Skyrim from the inevitable counter attack. Just a bunch of racist, mindless, killing machines.

#8 Posted by Strigidae_23 (4677 posts) - - Show Bio
@awesam said:

Neither. I take no allegiance. I originally made an Imperial and joined the legion, but they're boring and they just serve the High Elves. Next I made a Nord and joined the Stormcloaks. I prefer using a Nord, but I don't think they even knew what they were doing. They wanted to run the Empire and Thalmor out of Skyrim, but then what? They didn't have any plans for what comes after. They don't have the man power or weaponry to invade Cyrodil and the Summerset Isle, or even to defend Skyrim from the inevitable counter attack. Just a bunch of racist, mindless, killing machines.

Quoted for some truthfulness.

#9 Posted by kgb725 (6440 posts) - - Show Bio

Stormcloaks but I wanted to kill Ulfric and take the Jagged Crown

#10 Posted by XLR87T3 (2923 posts) - - Show Bio

Akatosh and all the previous Dragonborns were pro-Empire and pro-Paarthurnaax. Screw the elves and the Nords, Imperials ftw. Also, Khajiit are physically >>> Argonians.

#11 Posted by Knightfall225 (1995 posts) - - Show Bio

Stormcloaks. Plus stormcloak outfits are awsome

#12 Edited by Dragonborn_CT (23295 posts) - - Show Bio

At first, I hated the Imperials for trying to execute me without any trial. My first instinct upon choosing which side I would fight for was the Stormcloaks, seeing as they fight for the freedom of Skyrim and how the Empire has bowed to the Aldmeri Dominion and allowing them to outlaw Talos worshipping. As soon I set foot on Windhelm, I see two Nords harassing a Dunmer woman and to threatening to break into her home and implying to rape her. She says that all the Dark Elves are mistreated while the Argonians and Khajilt aren't even allowed in the city. Turns out the Empire isn't so bad, as they are just bidding their time to take arms against the Thalmor so they need Skyrim to remain loyal. I guess I gotta go with the Imperial Legion, since I play mostly with Bretons and Dunmers, I can't imagine each siding with the Stormcloaks.

#13 Posted by AnyWhichWayButUp (760 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmmm racism or religious oppression? The possibilities.

#14 Edited by Guardian_of_Gravity (2979 posts) - - Show Bio

The Stormcloaks hew too close to Nazism for my liking. They're ungodly racist. And their actions are doing exactly what the Thalmor want.

#15 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (34018 posts) - - Show Bio

@i_like_swords: Well Ulfric isn't a politician he's royalty, he wasn't chosen for the position he was born in to it

#16 Posted by i_like_swords (16071 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous: Was he? Aren't the Stormcloaks a rebellion? How are you born into that?

#17 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (34018 posts) - - Show Bio

@i_like_swords: they are a rebellion but Ulfric is a Jarl of a hold, that's like being a Lord