Steven Spielberg's Halo TV Series in Production

Avatar image for The_Deathstroker
The_Deathstroker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Steven Spielberg will begin producing a live-action television series based on the military-themed sci-fi video game ‘Halo’ in the fall of 2015, which coincides with the release of the sequel ‘Halo 5: Guardians’. The show, which will live on the Xbox Live network, will build on the success of the digital series ‘Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn’, which debuted alongside the game ‘Halo 4’. Microsoft previously announced that Alien director Ridley Scott was working on a multi-part ‘Halo’ film. No other details about the Spielberg-produced show have been released.The game ‘Halo 5’, on the other hand, will play out at 60 frames per second using a new engine (compared with the 24 frames per second of a standard television broadcast). It’s the latest development that ‘Halo’ has contributed to the Xbox One platform. The software company will announce more details about its plans at Microsoft’s presentation at the Electronic Entertainment Expo in June.

The first installment of the ‘Halo’ series, ‘Halo: Combat Evolved’, came out in 2001. Since then it has inspired several cross-platform sequels in video games, novels, comics and more. The last major edition, ‘Halo 4’, broke sales records when it brought in $300 million in its first week in 2012.

As Forbes reports, the Spielberg-produced series could position Xbox Live to be in greater competition with streaming services like Netflix and Amazon Instant.

Source:

http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/entertainment/18-May-2014/steven-spielberg-to-produce-halo-tv-series

Other Source(s):

http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2013/05/27/steven-spielbergs-halo-tv-series-began-life-as-a-feature-film/

http://screenrant.com/halo-tv-show-steven-spielberg/

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

I'll pass.

The_Deathstroker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dagmar_merrill: I would too, but it's being directed by Spielberg and I have yet to see a work of his I didn't like.

Avatar image for deactivated-627010180bd2d
deactivated-627010180bd2d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Not sure if I'll watch this or not.

The_Deathstroker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@racob7: Did you see Forward Unto Dawn?

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm excited, since I love Halo

The_Deathstroker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormdriven: Too bad I already won Halo ;p

So have I, I've beaten the games multiple times. Heroic was challenging, but a lot of fun.

Darling_Luna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

I'll see it

The_Deathstroker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darling_luna: Will you see it? @stormdriven: Nah, you don't understand. I've WON Halo, and there ain't nothing you can do to take it from me.

Now I have Chloe and Halo ;p

Darling_Luna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@The_Deathstroker: I like Halo, so if I'm my friends or something, I'll ask to watch ehehe

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

This is known, Khaleesi.

The_Deathstroker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7: You dare compare me to the Dothraki savages!! Despicable. And there was no thread made about it so I win! *sticks tongue out* @darling_luna: Do you play the games? I can't picture you watching them.

Darling_Luna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By JakeN7

@The_Deathstroker: Still. It was announced a year or two ago, and then there was that update that you quoted from nearly a week ago.

In contrast, I posted the thread about Miles Morales joining the All New X-Men 10 minutes after the story broke on CBR.

BEAT DAT! ;p

The_Deathstroker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darling_luna: Huh, so no Halo 4 for you, eh? I recommend you play that if you plan on playing 5. Major plot points you don't wanna miss. And if they include stuff that happened in 4 in this series you're gonna be clueless o.O@jaken7: Yeah, well... F**k you too lol.

Jk, you got me.

Darling_Luna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

*replaces all the main characters with smart-assed kids*

The_Deathstroker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 13

This sounds pretty cool .

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormdriven: Nah, you don't understand. I've WON Halo, and there ain't nothing you can do to take it from me.

Now I have Chloe and Halo ;p

I own all the mainstream Halo games, so you can't really take those away from me, anyway. And you never had Chloe, I won the war. Besides, she doesn't like pansies such as yourself ;P

The_Deathstroker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormdriven: Nah, you know I'm right. I'll let you keep you're dignity for now, I'll take it from you when you least expect it.

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Stormdriven

@stormdriven: Nah, you know I'm right. I'll let you keep you're dignity for now, I'll take it from you when you least expect it.

No Caption Provided

And that's sweet of you, but there is no possible way you can take my dignity.

The_Deathstroker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The_Deathstroker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's hilarious that I can keep repeating myself and it's still a valid response. @stormdriven: Nah, you know I'm right. I'll let you keep you're dignity for now, I'll take it from you when you least expect it.

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's hilarious that I can keep repeating myself and it's still a valid response. @stormdriven: Nah, you know I'm right. I'll let you keep you're dignity for now, I'll take it from you when you least expect it.

No Caption Provided

The_Deathstroker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormdriven: If you do somehow manage to kill me, you'll do it with no dignity. ;)

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormdriven: If you do somehow manage to kill me, you'll do it with no dignity. ;)

Can you prove that? It seems clear that I am a far superior man. Nothing you can do will bring me to my knees.

The_Deathstroker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By The_Deathstroker

@stormdriven: The only way to prove it is to do it. You'll know when it's proven, believe me.

It seems clear? No no no no no, it is you whom is mistaken, about a great, many, things.

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormdriven: The only way to prove it is to do it. You'll know when it's proven, believe me.

It seems clear? No no no no no, it is you whom is mistaken, about a great, many, things.

And what things would those be?

The_Deathstroker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Stormdriven
The_Deathstroker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormdriven: Why is it that whenever I say something you know is true, you're only response is "wrong"

You're failed attempts at disproving my posts disgust me, tell me, why is it wrong?

;p

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormdriven: Why is it that whenever I say something you know is true, you're only response is "wrong"

You're failed attempts at disproving my posts disgust me, tell me, why is it wrong?

;p

I own all the mainstream Halo games, so you can't really take those away from me, anyway. And you never had Chloe, I won the war. Besides, she doesn't like pansies such as yourself ;P

I said that in response to your silly "I won Halo" (which still doesn't make any sense btw), and the fact that you gave up in the 4 man war we had for Chloe, evidenced by your lack of response to me.

Not only that, you claim to be able to take my dignity from me, an impossible task for even the most intelligent and clever people I know.

So tell me, how are you right?

I reiterate:

It seems clear that I am a far superior man. Nothing you can do will bring me to my knees.

t_hench

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 2

#37  Edited By t_hench

Well this could be absolutely wonderful, or it could be incredibly terrible....oh, so just like anything?! ;) The fact that Spielberg is involved is a major positive. I am excited and hopeful.

100th post bitches!!!!!

No Caption Provided