This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by The Stegman (28062 posts) - - Show Bio

i was reading the comic version of state your unpopular opinion and it got me thinking that it would be a good idea to create a thread that is open to ANY opinion comic related or otherwise. 
so what opinions do you have that are generally unpopular? it can be about ANYTHING music, sports, tv, film, people, places, ANYTHING (just please watch the language)  

i'll start with one of mine,  

Alcohol is overrated and unnecessary 

#2 Posted by cyberninja (10496 posts) - - Show Bio

Fear Itself sucks.

#3 Posted by castleking (24747 posts) - - Show Bio

people should have the right to do drugs and pollute their own bodies.

#4 Posted by Mr. Mercury (19740 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman is boring.

#5 Posted by ssejllenrad (13028 posts) - - Show Bio
Atheism is backwards thinking.. Nyehehehe!

@Mr. Mercury said:
Superman is boring.
That is actually quite popular... LOL! :D
#6 Posted by Darknom2 (22 posts) - - Show Bio

I dont like Zack Galifiankis. I sort of hate him.

#7 Posted by riri4life (7684 posts) - - Show Bio

Smallville was a horribly draw out show and should have ended waay sooner.

#8 Posted by ComicMan24 (147292 posts) - - Show Bio
@Mr. Mercury said:
Superman is boring.

How could you? :P lol

@riri4life said:
Smallville was a horribly draw out show and should have ended waay sooner.
Can agree with that.
#9 Posted by mark5 (1220 posts) - - Show Bio

Smallville sucked after season 5 
Batman is too arrogant for my liking sometimes 
Wonder Woman is boring.  
 Thor was actually not a good movie. 

#10 Posted by riri4life (7684 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>DC

#11 Posted by Mr. Mercury (19740 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel and DC are both lame in certain aspects.  

@ComicMan24 said:

@Mr. Mercury said:
Superman is boring.

How could you? :P lol

Don't stop loving me!
#12 Posted by joshmightbe (25858 posts) - - Show Bio

People should take responsibility for their own actions instead of blaming everything else 
Left wing and right wing people are both just as bad as each other   
Obama isn't our best president ever nor is he the worst president by a long shot 
The DC reboot is not the end of the world  

#13 Posted by Ebbm (1171 posts) - - Show Bio

Matthew Mcconaughey is NOT hot.

#14 Posted by ComicMan24 (147292 posts) - - Show Bio
@Mr. Mercury: Don't know if I still can. It may take some time to forgive you :P
#15 Posted by Mr. Mercury (19740 posts) - - Show Bio
Daken is awesome! 

@ComicMan24
:  Don't be made for too long, okay?
#16 Posted by ComicMan24 (147292 posts) - - Show Bio
@Mr. Mercury: Fine but it's only for you.
#17 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29814 posts) - - Show Bio

I honestly can't think of any unpopular opinions that aren't related to comics in one way or another. 

#18 Posted by Emperor Gonzo Noir (19147 posts) - - Show Bio

Pepsi is better than Coke.

#19 Posted by Amazingoctus (3221 posts) - - Show Bio

Robert Pattinson is the ugliest man to ever walk the earth
#20 Posted by Primmaster64 (21660 posts) - - Show Bio
@Mr. Mercury said:
Superman is boring.
You did this to get my attention huh?
#21 Posted by gamefreak9 (12 posts) - - Show Bio

Here comes the MOST unpopular one so far(IMO): Women are inferior to men in mental(when it comes to complicated logic) and physical output(sports/energy). 

#22 Posted by joshmightbe (25858 posts) - - Show Bio
@gamefreak9: You are a f**king idiot troll.
#23 Posted by Mr. Mercury (19740 posts) - - Show Bio
@joshmightbe said:
#24 Posted by Mr. Mercury (19740 posts) - - Show Bio
@Primmaster64 said:
@Mr. Mercury said:
Superman is boring.
You've neglected me lately, that's how it has to be. :D
#25 Posted by Mutant God (3186 posts) - - Show Bio

pepsi and coke are the same thing

#26 Posted by Primmaster64 (21660 posts) - - Show Bio
@Mr. Mercury said:
@Primmaster64 said:
@Mr. Mercury said:
Superman is boring.
You've neglected me lately, that's how it has to be. :D
No I haven't
#27 Posted by ragdollpurps (16840 posts) - - Show Bio
@Ebbm said:
Matthew Mcconaughey is NOT hot.
I agree with this. 

@Mr. Mercury said:
Daken is awesome! 
I definitely agree with this.  

Seafood is nasty. 
#28 Posted by cyberninja (10496 posts) - - Show Bio

super 8 was lame.

#29 Posted by God_Spawn (39164 posts) - - Show Bio

emma is better than jean

#30 Posted by NexusOfLight (1733 posts) - - Show Bio

One plus one is one on a bun.

#31 Posted by CATPANEXE (9505 posts) - - Show Bio

Scissors beats rock

#32 Posted by Billy Batson (59001 posts) - - Show Bio

Hasn't this been done?

BB

#33 Posted by sesquipedalophobe (4888 posts) - - Show Bio

Recreating threads can be invigorating, usually covering more points.

#34 Posted by Mercy_ (92658 posts) - - Show Bio
#35 Posted by jeanlucpicard (1902 posts) - - Show Bio

Homosexuality is wrong 

Obama sucks 

Bush was the greatest at doging shoes 

Marvel is better than DC 

Seth Rogen isn't funny at all and is a terrible actor.
#36 Posted by Green Skin (2943 posts) - - Show Bio

You'll see more of god in an astronomy book than you will in the bible.
Comic fans whine too much.
Wonder Woman's new costume is much better than the old one.
Zoom is a Mary Sue.
Logan can beat Deathstroke.
Havok is the best character in the Summers family.
Everyone on the politic fringes (right & left) is an idiot.
Obama is a much better president than he will ever get credit for.
DC reboot will NOT mess up the DC universe.

#37 Posted by Do I have to give a name? (987 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree with most things that have been said in this thread....I must be really damn unpopular 8-(

#38 Posted by gamefreak9 (12 posts) - - Show Bio
@joshmightbe said:
lol :P. I stated an unpopular opinion... i'm following the criteria... why am i a troll? Nvm your obviously not meant for listening to unpopular opinions. It's not like i said i hate women... or that they should not be equal. Just in case your interested in learning, 80% of women study a social science(knowledge driven not logical), 90% of mathematicians are men, and a woman has NEVER progressed the field.  Also i am not saying they are not smart, actually I've probably met more smart girls than guys, in my gifted program there were more girls.  Although women are said to have the same mean IQ, its proven that men have a much higher amount of active brain cells(women have a denser brain but active brain cells are still less), and i think there's bias in this research because of feminist activists. Personally even if the mean thing is not true, i do think male Variance is higher than the female one, no woman has ever surpassed 180 IQ(also i am talking about real IQ tests not bs online ones, these can only be administered by researchers to young people or by psychologists to young people, if one has taken an IQ test before the results are flawed).  

Physical should be much more apparent... olympics.  

Here's why i think its probably true, take or leave it, either way i'm sure you learned something(apart from the your an idiot, as witty of a line as it may be)
#39 Edited by sesquipedalophobe (4888 posts) - - Show Bio
@gamefreak9: Real life IQ tests have been shown to vary, as people who have taken them again either scored lower or higher. It could go either way, really. One minute you're a genius, the next you're posting in comic forums. Scientists believed women to be the inferior sex because the size of their brains, however they did exclude proportionate body mass to brain ratio.
The same things that apply to women applied to certain ethnic variants because of the shapes of their skulls, which was fundamental according to Darwin in terms of thought and reason.
#40 Posted by Green Skin (2943 posts) - - Show Bio
@gamefreak9 said:
@joshmightbe said:
lol :P. I stated an unpopular opinion... i'm following the criteria... why am i a troll? Nvm your obviously not meant for listening to unpopular opinions. It's not like i said i hate women... or that they should not be equal. Just in case your interested in learning, 80% of women study a social science(knowledge driven not logical), 90% of mathematicians are men, and a woman has NEVER progressed the field.  Also i am not saying they are not smart, actually I've probably met more smart girls than guys, in my gifted program there were more girls.  Although women are said to have the same mean IQ, its proven that men have a much higher amount of active brain cells(women have a denser brain but active brain cells are still less), and i think there's bias in this research because of feminist activists. Personally even if the mean thing is not true, i do think male Variance is higher than the female one, no woman has ever surpassed 180 IQ(also i am talking about real IQ tests not bs online ones, these can only be administered by researchers to young people or by psychologists to young people, if one has taken an IQ test before the results are flawed).   Physical should be much more apparent... olympics.   Here's why i think its probably true, take or leave it, either way i'm sure you learned something(apart from the your an idiot, as witty of a line as it may be)
WRONG!  It's pretty clear you don't know what the hell your talking about, so stop  making things up.  The following are women who have progressed the field of math.  Keep in mind while you read this list that you are mentally inferior to each and every one of these women.

-Maria Gaetana Agnesi: She wrote the first book introducing integral and differential calculus.
-Ada Lovelace: She is designated as the 'first programmer' of the world. She laid the foundation for the massive world of software and computers.
-Sophie Germain: She worked on number theories and gave many interesting theorems on prime numbers. She even discovered new identities. Many such numbers are now called as "Sophie Germain primes".
-Amalie Emmy Noether: One of the famous theorems of physics 'Noether's Theorem', connecting conservation laws and symmetry was proposed by Noether.
#41 Edited by gamefreak9 (12 posts) - - Show Bio
@Green Skin said:

@gamefreak9 said:

@joshmightbe said:
lol :P. I stated an unpopular opinion... i'm following the criteria... why am i a troll? Nvm your obviously not meant for listening to unpopular opinions. It's not like i said i hate women... or that they should not be equal. Just in case your interested in learning, 80% of women study a social science(knowledge driven not logical), 90% of mathematicians are men, and a woman has NEVER progressed the field.  Also i am not saying they are not smart, actually I've probably met more smart girls than guys, in my gifted program there were more girls.  Although women are said to have the same mean IQ, its proven that men have a much higher amount of active brain cells(women have a denser brain but active brain cells are still less), and i think there's bias in this research because of feminist activists. Personally even if the mean thing is not true, i do think male Variance is higher than the female one, no woman has ever surpassed 180 IQ(also i am talking about real IQ tests not bs online ones, these can only be administered by researchers to young people or by psychologists to young people, if one has taken an IQ test before the results are flawed).   Physical should be much more apparent... olympics.   Here's why i think its probably true, take or leave it, either way i'm sure you learned something(apart from the your an idiot, as witty of a line as it may be)
WRONG!  It's pretty clear you don't know what the hell your talking about, so stop  making things up.  The following are women who have progressed the field of math.  Keep in mind while you read this list that you are mentally inferior to each and every one of these women.

-Maria Gaetana Agnesi: She wrote the first book introducing integral and differential calculus.
-Ada Lovelace: She is designated as the 'first programmer' of the world. She laid the foundation for the massive world of software and computers.
-Sophie Germain: She worked on number theories and gave many interesting theorems on prime numbers. She even discovered new identities. Many such numbers are now called as "Sophie Germain primes".
-Amalie Emmy Noether: One of the famous theorems of physics 'Noether's Theorem', connecting conservation laws and symmetry was proposed by Noether.
I was pretty clear in Advanced the field no?? Integral and Differential calculus were invented by either Isaac Newton or Leibinz

First programmer might sound nice... but really what is an algorithm without a machine? a formula... or pattern of thought. I don't count her contributions as significant. Lets take a look at this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_algorithms. Sure you can skip through most of it because women didn't have rights but even in the 19th century... 

Sophie Germain, was a good mathematician, though i think you will find that she hardly did anything but put other formula's together. I just wikied her for a reminder and i learned that her elasticity theory would have been rejected had she been a man. But okay i think her  Therem on number theory did progress the field so add an "almost" prefix to the never.  

I have to say i'm surprised with the list you pulled up, Amalie is a great example of their contributions. Yet these few outlier's, though they do prove the NEVER wrong, they do not nullify the rest. Where did you pull these women from anyway?  

Listen talking about me being mentally inferior... you don't even know the first thing about me... making such an assumption makes you a proven idiot. I'm pretty sure you just did a google search for these women and then went on your high horse. You should also know how exponentially harder it becomes to improve the field of mathematics. Anw, even today when women, especially in education have all the opportunities men have, women still are straying from logical fields. I think you will find it very hard to prove that women can make as many contributions to logical fields as men can, VERY HARD indeed.    Please just don't be close minded and try to think objectively. 
#42 Posted by Green Skin (2943 posts) - - Show Bio
@gamefreak9 said:
@Green Skin said:

@gamefreak9 said:

@joshmightbe said:

I was pretty clear in Advanced the field no?? Integral and Differential calculus were invented by either Isaac Newton or Leibinz

First programmer might sound nice... but really what is an algorithm without a machine? a formula... or pattern of thought. I don't count her contributions as significant. Lets take a look at this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_algorithms. Sure you can skip through most of it because women didn't have rights but even in the 19th century...   Sophie Germain, was a good mathematician, though i think you will find that she hardly did anything but put other formula's together. I just wikied her for a reminder and i learned that her elasticity theory would have been rejected had she been a man. But okay i think her  Therem on number theory did progress the field so add an "almost" prefix to the never.   I have to say i'm surprised with the list you pulled up, Amalie is a great example of their contributions. Yet these few outlier's, though they do prove the NEVER wrong, they do not nullify the rest. Where did you pull these women from anyway?   Listen talking about me being mentally inferior... you don't even know the first thing about me... making such an assumption makes you a proven idiot. I'm pretty sure you just did a google search for these women and then went on your high horse. You should also know how exponentially harder it becomes to improve the field of mathematics. Anw, even today when women, especially in education have all the opportunities men have, women still are straying from logical fields. I think you will find it very hard to prove that women can make as many contributions to logical fields as men can, VERY HARD indeed.    Please just don't be close minded and try to think objectively. 
It's pretty safe to assume that you have done no noteworthy work in the field of mathematics, so I can safely say that these women are all your mental superior.   Try and down play there work as much as you like, these women carved out a place in the field of Mathematics and their  names have lived on because of it.  So your "no women has ever advanced the field" has been proven false.  

As for the "Im pretty sure you just did a google search",  who's the one making assumptions now.  Guess that makes you a 'proven idiot'.  Please note I will not be replying to anything else you say, as I have no interest in conversing with someone who has clear misogynistic leanings.
#43 Posted by gamefreak9 (12 posts) - - Show Bio
@Green Skin:  
You don't have to advance the field to be mentally superior... passion and hard work go a long way.  I'm sure that with 2 centuries of math in our heads most math postgraduates have superior math knowledge than even newton or Einsten. 

All i'm saying is, there is evidence to make the argument that women are not as logical. You obviously don't understand what misogynistic means... like i said i am being fairly objective. Your the one crying because my views don't correspond with yours. Either way... your not a very open minded, or logical person so i agree that this is going nowhere. 
#44 Posted by Jake Fury (21109 posts) - - Show Bio

Cheryl Ladd >>> Farrah Fawcett
#45 Edited by Osiris1428 (1424 posts) - - Show Bio

Jennifer Lawerence >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>January Jones  

Everybody is somewhat of a racist or holds onto some prejudicial views as far as race, gender, sexuality, class, et cetera. It doesn't make it acceptable, but I think we have an unrealistic idea of how we should be, and that why we get so defensive when the subject gets brought up.  

X-Men is hypocritical in the fact that although it is an allegory for, amongst other things, racism, most of the mutants they focus on are attractive heterosexual white people. Sort of defeats the purpose.  

Halle Berry-I don't get it. 

George Clooney-I don't get it. 

Rape is NEVER EVER justified, but ladies, what you wear does effect how people interact with you and how they treat you. 

Tupac's flow was inferior to Biggies.  

If you own a gaming system and only play Madden, you are NOT a gamer. In fact, you shouldn't even be allowed to buy a gaming system if you are too cool to buy from other genres. 

If you brag about only listening to Eminem and find him to be above criticism as far as musically, you are NOT a hip-hop fan, just a Stan.

#46 Posted by U R Sofa King We Todd Did (1168 posts) - - Show Bio

90% of rap is trash and 95% of hip hop is garbage

#47 Posted by U R Sofa King We Todd Did (1168 posts) - - Show Bio
@Osiris1428 said:
Jennifer Lawerence >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>January Jones  

Everybody is somewhat of a racist or holds onto some prejudicial views as far as race, gender, sexuality, class, et cetera. It doesn't make it acceptable, but I think we have an unrealistic idea of how we should be, and that why we get so defensive when the subject gets brought up.  

X-Men is hypocritical in the fact that although it is an allegory for, amongst other things, racism, most of the mutants they focus on are attractive heterosexual white people. Sort of defeats the purpose.  

Halle Berry-I don't get it. 

George Clooney-I don't get it. 

Rape is NEVER EVER justified, but ladies, what you wear does effect how people you interact with you and how they treat you. 

Tupac's flow was inferior to Biggies.  

If you own a gaming system and only play Madden, you are NOT a gamer. In fact, you shouldn't even be allowed to buy a gaming system if you are too cool to buy from other genres. 

If you brag about only listening to Eminem and find him to be above criticism as far as musically, you are NOT a hip-hop fan, just a Stan.
I think I want to shake your hand
#48 Posted by daredevil21134 (13542 posts) - - Show Bio

Ironman 2 sucked 
I hate Bucky as Captain America 
Gambit is the best X-men

#49 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (8543 posts) - - Show Bio

Baseball is the best sport on Earth.
Yeah, very unpopular opinion. =/.

#50 Posted by Desiderina Redhead (4358 posts) - - Show Bio

True Blood > Angel