Star Wars Universe Reboot

Trodorne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 15

While it is not a full out reboot of the franchise. my main question goes out to anyone fan or not a fan of the genre.

How do you feel about Disney/Marvel/Lucasfilms dismissing ALL continuity of the Star Wars franchise with exception to The original Trilogy, the prequels, clone wars cartoons and the new Rebels cartoon?

Are you happy that all the continuity made by games, novels, and comics is being dismissed just to stream line the series? or are you happy that the series is just sticking to the movies? or for some, are you upset they are still counting the prequels?

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: -1

I was never that engrossed in most of the EU, so personally I'm not that bothered by it and actually find it more inviting. But with that said, I can understand why some fans would be upset.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#4 JediXMan  Moderator

I prefer the EU over the movies.

That should give you an idea of how I feel.

DoctorXander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By DoctorXander

For a second I thought this would be about remaking the movies and stuff and I was ready to throw things.

I was saddened by the loss of the EU, but it has its benefits, as Chewie's back to life, Palpatine never had a son, etc.

Still hoping stuff like KOTOR might get brought back to canon

Nitsua

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I wasn't a fan of the change when it happened and I'm still not a fan of it. I really hope we get to at least have Kotor as canon and have Boba Fett get out of the Sarlacc pit.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's a good move to throw out all the EU stuff. The people making the new movies know what they're doing, which is why they did it.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#8  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

@doctorxander:

. . .what? Palpatine never had a son in the EU. I'm not even sure if Palpatine even had sexual relations with anyone before. While it was strongly implied he did in 'Darth Plagueis'----it was never confirmed.

Also, I'm one of those guys that prefer the EU to the movies; so yes, while I admit, it was a good business move by Lucasfilm, it still hurt me to the core.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By deactivated-5c901e667a76c  Moderator

@dccomicsrule2011: Palpatine's son appeared in the Jedi Prince series - a god-awful series of kids' books from 1992-93.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

@xwraith: I forgot about that, but I'm not sure he was Palpatine "son" in the since of blood relations though. But yeah, I see the point.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cecb3b554104
deactivated-5cecb3b554104

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 14

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@JetiiMitra: Ah, I've never read Children of the Jedi....excuse me for a moment, while I vomit at the thought of Palpatine having concubines.

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The EU got to be a pretty convoluted mess so I don't blame Disney not wanting to bother sorting through it to find what they liked out of it.

colliderz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

EU had its good and bad parts but its a reasonable move for Disney to retcon it

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

Yeah I never got to deep into the EU. I'm ok with it though. I like that fact that the movies will remain a separate and unique piece of continuity. Plus we are getting several spin off films...I'm not sure, but I think those are going to allow the EU.

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@jedixman said:

I prefer the EU over the movies.

That should give you an idea of how I feel.

Avatar image for knightsofdarkness2
Knightsofdarkness2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This just proves why Disney shouldn't have brought Star Wars.

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#21  Edited By dngn4774

Mixed feelings. I personally think everything before the films in the EU was golden, and everything set either during or post films to be crap (Palpatine's son, Darth Maul cyborg, and Cade Skywalker rush to mind). It was unnecessary to scrap all of the EU and I personally would have preferred them to canonize everything prior to the prequels and start fresh with the third saga.

Edit: BTW clone wars is bullsh!t series, and I hope Rebels is much better, but considering it's marketed for children I doubt it.

Avatar image for theamazingimmortalman
TheAmazingImmortalMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I never read the comics or the watched the cartoons so no I am not mad, As far as I'm concerned the original trilogy and the prequel trilogy are all that's canon to me........