Star Wars Popularity contest! (Winner: Darth Vader)

Avatar image for ssjdarthplagueis
SSJDarthPlagueis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SSJDarthPlagueis
No Caption Provided

Vote for the SW character of the two I pick that you like the most, and winner is picked by the most votes. I will also add EU characters as well, or would also put different actors of the same characters in the films in the contest(Example: who was the better actor/you like the most who played Obi-Wan .), and I'm including non-cannon characters as well. If you don't know the character, then you don't have to vote or come up with some other reason to like them(Even if it's silly lol!).

So....let us begin.

No Caption Provided

First popularity contest is...

Darth Vader vs. Darth Maul

No Caption Provided

@shootingnova@jedixman@i_like_swords@whirlwind_33@jaken7@dccomicsrule2011@shroudofsorrow@penderor@rebel_leader1@intrepid37@beezlebub@morganfreeman@yodaprime

PapiNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Vader

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Hey, this sounds like a really cool tournament! A small recommendation though, it's a good idea to not have the biggest characters face off so early on - I did the same thing with a tournament I held a while back, it sounds like a good idea that they are evenly matched but the problem is that when you start reaching the finals it will be alot less exciting when most of the big characters are already out, so you pretty much know who is gonna win (the one remaining). I hope you dont take offense to my suggestion, and you should of course do what you want to do. :) I just wanted to point it out for you to consider before you are really far into the tournament already.

I'll vote for Vader btw.

SSJDarthPlagueis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bruxae said:

Hey, this sounds like a really cool tournament! A small recommendation though, it's a good idea to not have the biggest characters face off so early on - I did the same thing with a tournament I held a while back, it sounds like a good idea that they are evenly matched but the problem is that when you start reaching the finals it will be alot less exciting when most of the big characters are already out, so you pretty much know who is gonna win (the one remaining). I hope you dont take offense to my suggestion, and you should of course do what you want to do. :) I just wanted to point it out for you to consider before you are really far into the tournament already.

I'll vote for Vader btw.

I'll keep that in mind. Thanks for the tip, and I'm not offended in anyway I DO WHAT I WANT!!!! jk lol!

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

^ I agree with Bruxae if only for the fact that it's nearly impossible to pick between these two.

I'm going to have to vote for Vader.

Deadite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vader.

Jack_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vader all the way, he is more than just a character, he's a symbol.

IstariJedi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Totally Vader. Maul didn't have very much characterization and even in the EU I found him uninteresting.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Vader

Jokerpoker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

Vader.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#16 JediXMan  Moderator

Vader.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SSJDarthPlagueis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By SSJDarthPlagueis
Avatar image for mrdecepticonleader
mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vader.

Whirlwind_33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssjdarthplagueis: Now you know I was just trolling bro ;P. I was just seeing if I got a reaction is all.

I didn't mean anything by it.

My vote goes to Vader

PapiNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Aayla Secura

Fodder76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vader... Damn it I missed it!

Sifo Dyas he didn't have much characterization but neither did Aayla and if I wanted to delve deeper into anybody's backstory it would definitely be Master Sifo Dyas.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aayla

Avatar image for mrdecepticonleader
mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aayla

Whirlwind_33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Secura

Jokerpoker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

Secura

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By JakeN7
No Caption Provided

I got a thing for Twi'leks.

YodaPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vader... Damn it I missed it!

Sifo Dyas he didn't have much characterization but neither did Aayla and if I wanted to delve deeper into anybody's backstory it would definitely be Master Sifo Dyas.

this

SSJDarthPlagueis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7 said:
No Caption Provided

Was gonna ask any particular reasons why people are voting for her. Because Sifo Dyas does play one important part in SW, but.....I kinda knew why now lol!

Fodder76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Come on guys.

Jack_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Jack_

Aayla Secura is definitely more popular, but I find Sifo Dyas to be much more interesting.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@ssjdarthplagueis: Lol I didn't get the notification for the Maul vote. Everyone thinks Maul sucks because they haven't actually read any of his EU but it's cool, I don't mind being one of the very few Maul elitists on the vine, providing people at least avoid lowballing him like I've seen happen.

I vote Aayla cause dat ass.

_RapTOR_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sifo Dyas

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#35 JediXMan  Moderator

Aayla Secura. She has a great story arc in Republic.

MorganFreeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aayla. Loved playing her in Battlefront II years ago and decided to look into her a bit more. It was a good decision.

SSJDarthPlagueis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jack_: So Sifo Dyas or Secura?

Jack_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jack_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssjdarthplagueis: Lol I didn't get the notification for the Maul vote. Everyone thinks Maul sucks because they haven't actually read any of his EU but it's cool, I don't mind being one of the very few Maul elitists on the vine, providing people at least avoid lowballing him like I've seen happen.

EVERYONE loves Maul. Just not as much as f***ing Vader...

SSJDarthPlagueis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So far Sifo Dyas: 4, and Aayla Secura 9.

Aayla. Loved playing her in Battlefront II years ago and decided to look into her a bit more. It was a good decision.

Yeah I remember that, and I remember how cold blooded she was shot by the Clone Troopers in ROTS :(

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7 said:

@i_like_swords said:

Bull. Sh*t. I've heard all kinds of crap about him being spewed even from people who have respected opinions and years of experience on this site. "Maul lost to a padawan". "Maul has done nothing impressive in the EU". "Maul is just that red guy from TPM". "Maul has no characterization." Like people actually think he's just this silent guy who's there to show up and kill sh*t. He's quite a bit more than that.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By JakeN7

@jaken7 said:

@i_like_swords said:

Bull. Sh*t. I've heard all kinds of crap about him being spewed even from people who have respected opinions and years of experience on this site. "Maul lost to a padawan". "Maul has done nothing impressive in the EU". "Maul is just that red guy from TPM". "Maul has no characterization." Like people actually think he's just this silent guy who's there to show up and kill sh*t. He's quite a bit more than that.

Alright, fair enough...lemme fix that.

@jaken7 said:

Everyone SHOULD love Maul. Just not as much as f***ing Vader...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7: It's half-right, but really, what character you love more is subjective. Vader really doesn't appeal to me personally. He's interesting, but Maul is just better for my taste.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords: Meh, Vader's the first. The tentpole villain of the entire franchise. Original BAMF. He's iconic. No one can beat him out in coolness, but Maul comes damn close.

YodaPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7 said:

@i_like_swords: Meh, Vader's the first. The tentpole villain of the entire franchise. Original BAMF. He's iconic. No one can beat him out in coolness, but Maul comes damn close.

gonna have to disagree there. Maul was cool when he was introduced but the more exposure he got the more he started to annoy me. particularly in TCW animated series

YodaPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By YodaPrime

@jaken7 said:
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

She's got nothing on Darth Talon tho... XD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7 said:

gonna have to disagree there. Maul was cool when he was introduced but the more exposure he got the more he started to annoy me. particularly in TCW animated series

When you say "more exposure" are you referring to the dozens of EU novels and comics that Maul has been the protagonist of? Or just the TCW cartoon? Yeah, I can see TCW cartoon Maul not being appealing to some people, but saying his entire character is "annoying" based solely off a childrens cartoon, when he has multitudes of other fantastic stories out there, is exactly what I'm talking about when I say people underrate Maul without knowing him.

However, if you have read The Wrath of Darth Maul, Episode I Journal Darth Maul, Maul: Lockdown, Darth Maul Shadow Hunter, Star Wars: Darth Maul, Star Wars The Clone Wars: The Sith Hunters, Darth Maul - Death Sentence, Restraint, Saboteur, End Game and all the other EU titles Maul is the protagonist in, and you still find him annoying, then fair enough. But if you find him annoying because he spoke too much in TCW animation then you're really making an opinion out of ignorance.

YodaPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yodaprime said:

@jaken7 said:

When you say "more exposure" are you referring to the dozens of EU novels and comics that Maul has been the protagonist of? Or just the TCW cartoon? Yeah, I can see TCW cartoon Maul not being appealing to some people, but saying his entire character is "annoying" based solely off a childrens cartoon, when he has multitudes of other fantastic stories out there, is exactly what I'm talking about when I say people underrate Maul without knowing him.

However, if you have read The Wrath of Darth Maul, Episode I Journal Darth Maul, Maul: Lockdown, Darth Maul Shadow Hunter, Star Wars: Darth Maul, Star Wars The Clone Wars: The Sith Hunters, Darth Maul - Death Sentence, Restraint, Saboteur, End Game and all the other EU titles Maul is the protagonist in, and you still find him annoying, then fair enough. But if you find him annoying because he spoke too much in TCW animation then you're really making an opinion out of ignorance.

True. read the wrath of darth maul, some of his episode I journal, his wookiepage and saw him on the show. Just not my cup... not interested in the rest of his lore. But w.e. fair enough. maybe the other title shed a better light on him.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yodaprime: Wow.. I find it surprising you could read The Wrath of Darth Maul, the ultimate Darth Maul novel, as well as the incredibly hard to track down Episode I Journal which I had to buy overpriced and second hand, just to find, and still find Maul annoying. If you even had the most vague impression of Maul being annoying you wouldn't have gone to the effort of tracking down Episode I Journal, and I doubt you'd have made it all the way through The Wrath of Darth Maul without giving up halfway through, given it's all about Maul.

His wookiepedia page and TCW animation really are not what you should judge Maul on, like at all. And I'm questioning how you managed to make it through all of The Wrath of Darth Maul as well as how you managed to go to the effort of even finding his Episode I Journal. But since you have, maybe you could tell me what about his portrayal in those novels it was that annoyed you about him? Surely you could remember something specific.