Posted by moffattbooks (139 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes, after all these years I'm still a Star Wars addict.  I have 4 comic boxes full of comics, several shelves full of the books, FX lightsabers, box full of Jedi/Sith action figures along with about 8 different R2 droids.  I'm probably one of the few people on the planet who didn't think the Prequels sucked.  Only thing I'm still up in the air about is whether to buy the Blu Ray versions of the movies, given all the books, websites I've read, is there really any more new information that Lucas can't show me?  I don't care about the 3-D movies since I can't see 3-D images but would still go see the Star War movies in the theater because sooner or later they'll stop showing them in the theater.   
I'm one of those fans who thinks the story serviced its purpose, to entertain, to show a new world full of imagination.  More the better, the richer the backstories, the more layers to different characters.  So yes I'm one of the fans who wants to know what planet Yoda comes from, what's his history like in the the 850 years or so that we never saw onscreen.  What was the motivation or the turning point that would make Sidious become Sith and take control of the galaxy.  How many Jedis just gave up during the Clone Wars and vanished, never to be heard from again?  Could the Jedis and the Sith actually live in the same galaxy without trying to destroy each other?  How many different groups of Grey Jedis existed out there not wanting anything to do with either group?  Were the Grey Jedi just as powerful as their Force User counterparts?   
So much still unanswered heh

#1 Posted by War Killer (20375 posts) - - Show Bio
@moffattbooks said:
" Yes, after all these years I'm still a Star Wars addict.  I have 4 comic boxes full of comics, several shelves full of the books, FX lightsabers, box full of Jedi/Sith action figures along with about 8 different R2 droids.  I'm probably one of the few people on the planet who didn't think the Prequels sucked.  Only thing I'm still up in the air about is whether to buy the Blu Ray versions of the movies, given all the books, websites I've read, is there really any more new information that Lucas can't show me?  I don't care about the 3-D movies since I can't see 3-D images but would still go see the Star War movies in the theater because sooner or later they'll stop showing them in the theater.   I'm one of those fans who thinks the story serviced its purpose, to entertain, to show a new world full of imagination.  More the better, the richer the backstories, the more layers to different characters.  So yes I'm one of the fans who wants to know what planet Yoda comes from, what's his history like in the the 850 years or so that we never saw onscreen.  What was the motivation or the turning point that would make Sidious become Sith and take control of the galaxy.  How many Jedis just gave up during the Clone Wars and vanished, never to be heard from again?  Could the Jedis and the Sith actually live in the same galaxy without trying to destroy each other?  How many different groups of Grey Jedis existed out there not wanting anything to do with either group?  Were the Grey Jedi just as powerful as their Force User counterparts?   So much still unanswered heh "
HECK YES!!! I loved the prequels!!!!!! ^_^

Obi-Wan Kenobi FTW!!! :D
#2 Posted by umbrafeline (5300 posts) - - Show Bio
@moffattbooks said:
"Yes, after all these years I'm still a Star Wars addict.  I have 4 comic boxes full of comics, several shelves full of the books, FX lightsabers, box full of Jedi/Sith action figures along with about 8 different R2 droids.  I'm probably one of the few people on the planet who didn't think the Prequels sucked.  Only thing I'm still up in the air about is whether to buy the Blu Ray versions of the movies, given all the books, websites I've read, is there really any more new information that Lucas can't show me?  I don't care about the 3-D movies since I can't see 3-D images but would still go see the Star War movies in the theater because sooner or later they'll stop showing them in the theater.   I'm one of those fans who thinks the story serviced its purpose, to entertain, to show a new world full of imagination.  More the better, the richer the backstories, the more layers to different characters.  So yes I'm one of the fans who wants to know what planet Yoda comes from, what's his history like in the the 850 years or so that we never saw onscreen.  What was the motivation or the turning point that would make Sidious become Sith and take control of the galaxy.  How many Jedis just gave up during the Clone Wars and vanished, never to be heard from again?  Could the Jedis and the Sith actually live in the same galaxy without trying to destroy each other?  How many different groups of Grey Jedis existed out there not wanting anything to do with either group?  Were the Grey Jedi just as powerful as their Force User counterparts?   So much still unanswered heh "

damn right they were the shiz-nit

darth talon
#3 Posted by Larkin1388 (1760 posts) - - Show Bio
@moffattbooks:  I loved the prequels.. and just as diehard a fan
@umbrafeline:
 Darth Talon rocks my socks
#4 Posted by umbrafeline (5300 posts) - - Show Bio
@Larkin1388 said:
" @moffattbooks:   I loved the prequels.. and just as diehard a fan
@umbrafeline:
 Darth Talon rocks my socks "

thats my line
#5 Posted by Renee (10289 posts) - - Show Bio

Star Wars is awesome. <3 the prequels too.

#6 Posted by Lance Uppercut (23244 posts) - - Show Bio
@Renee said:
"

Star Wars is awesome. <3 the prequels too.

"
You win
#7 Posted by Aiden Cross (15575 posts) - - Show Bio

Love it. Prequels also, just not certain characters. Eyes Jar Jar...

#8 Posted by Edamame (28390 posts) - - Show Bio
@Aiden Cross said:
" Love it. Prequels also, just not certain characters. Eyes Jar Jar... "
"Meesa Jar Jar Binks!  Oki dey?"
#9 Posted by King Saturn (224755 posts) - - Show Bio
I like Star Wars... do not love it though
#10 Posted by Aiden Cross (15575 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edamame said:
" @Aiden Cross said:
" Love it. Prequels also, just not certain characters. Eyes Jar Jar... "
"Meesa Jar Jar Binks!  Oki dey?" "
And Ewoks... darn carebear wannabe :p
#11 Posted by moffattbooks (139 posts) - - Show Bio

Heh, love Darth Talon too, I have a bust of her sitting on my computer

#12 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (7953 posts) - - Show Bio

I find it hard not to love the Galaxy far far away even to this day.